Ghost Mode: A Professional Guide

Comments

• Azureus07 wrote: »
    Yeah I guess :D Just a small suggestion, should you include the mod to decrease or even get rid of the "fire in the hole" sound? I think it would be extremely helpful :)
    Yeah good point, I've added that now. Thanks for the reminder :)
    s5_Isaac wrote: »
    Can you check my PM please? The equalizer wouldn't download with the link. It would stop around 3/4 way.

Replied to your PM.
  • Good guide, but it seems you teach the difficult way to Forward BHop.

To forward bhop, you should just run, then whenever you're ready, CTRL + JUMP (while holding W).
  • its_matt wrote: »
    To forward bhop, you should just run, then whenever you're ready, CTRL + JUMP (while holding W).

And get killed a second after if a gr saw you..
    ---
    Good guide. Didn't even know that you don't have to hold S/D to Keep bhopping.
  • its_matt wrote: »
    Good guide, but it seems you teach the difficult way to Forward BHop.

Thanks. That's bad practice, if you're facing a ghost moder if even for a split second you turn semi-visible they will kill you. It's fine in an empty area, but then again they could hear you running for 1 second. My method eliminates these issues, as long as it's done correctly :)
    CattLauer wrote: »
    And get killed a second after if a gr saw you..
    ---
    Good guide. Didn't even know that you don't have to hold S/D to Keep bhopping.
    Yeah it's quite handy not holding them down, takes away the stress/ concentration :p
    Annomader1 wrote: »
    good guide - worth pinning!
    Thank you :D
  • BTW - ghost are also visible in Red-White pulsing light of C4-plant place
    a specially in A in Nightfall

PS. personally I love to use shootguns - in case of short range meeting with ghost
    and I kill mostly campers and sneaky killers who jump on me when they near.
  • Very well done. This is a great guide for beginners, but wouldn't consider it professional by any means.
  • Nice guide, but I have an addition for the bhop section:

Bhopping over obstacles:

When you are in the middle of a bhop, and are coming across a ledge or small box, simply go back to the normal forward bhop (you have to face forward to the object, otherwise you WILL fail with timing it right), and quickly jump again, after you have done this you can crouch again and time the bhop and continue it. Do keep in mind: it will make you visible for a split second, but it helps a lot when you try to escape!

I will try to make a vid of it once I'm home.

Regards,

Kibo
  • Annomader1 wrote: »
    BTW - ghost are also visible in Red-White pulsing light of C4-plant place
    a specially in A in Nightfall

PS. personally I love to use shootguns - in case of short range meeting with ghost
    and I kill mostly campers and sneaky killers who jump on me when they near.
    I made a note already, it's called Red Light Emitters.
    Herp1 wrote: »
    Very well done. This is a great guide for beginners, but wouldn't consider it professional by any means.
    Thanks and professional can be seen at different levels through different eyes. Profesisonal in the sense of how the guide is presented or the techniques involved.
    itsKibo wrote: »
    Nice guide, but I have an addition for the bhop section:

Bhopping over obstacles:

When you are in the middle of a bhop, and are coming across a ledge or small box, simply go back to the normal forward bhop (you have to face forward to the object, otherwise you WILL fail with timing it right), and quickly jump again, after you have done this you can crouch again and time the bhop and continue it. Do keep in mind: it will make you visible for a split second, but it helps a lot when you try to escape!

I will try to make a vid of it once I'm home.

Regards,

Kibo

I know of this, I use it regulary and you don't need to be in forward hop, you can do it backwards as long as timing is correct. Also, you can do it without turning visible, I and others have done it plenty of times. I'll get adding that in right now, thanks for the pointer :) I may talk about ramps and timing, those are tricky especially the steep ramp at B site in Metro!
  • That was my advices for GR:

1. Use teammates as baits - but maybe do not let them die if You see ghost.

2. Try to learn BL behaves, many of them always camp at the same spots, they like to run by same ways
    so sometimes You could easly find them camp/run in that places.

3. Use Your senses
    - hearing: besides heavy breath, You could hear swing of the melee weapon, footsteps
    treading in the water or on the pipes, vents ect.
    - vision: ghosts are visible when run, fail bhop, jump from heights also in water (waves)

4. Try to use silenced weapon - if You do not have any, then do not spray - shoot only when You see
    or hear the enemy (also Pinpoint)
    That was my advices for GR:

1. Use teammates as baits - but maybe do not let them die if You see ghost.

2. Try to learn BL behaves, many of them always camp at the same spots, they like to run by same ways
    so sometimes You could easly find them camp/run in that places.

3. Use Your senses
    - hearing: besides heavy breath, You could hear swing of the melee weapon, footsteps
    treading in the water or on the pipes, vents ect.
    - vision: ghosts are visible when run, fail bhop, jump from heights also in water (waves)

4. Try to use silenced weapon - if You do not have any, then do not spray - shoot only when You see
    or hear the enemy (also Pinpoint)

2,3 and 4 are good advice :) But I already have that in there :p Although I don't like the 1st point, mainly because you yourself should be the bait (if you want to take that route) and be good enough to kill them before they kill you.
  • ad1 - many 'fresh' or less skilled GM players rush to camp for ghost
    - they could be used as 'baits' also looking at mini-map helps to locating ghosts
    (by deatchs of Your teammates) when someone disapear from mini-map then he is killed,
    so there is big chance that ghost who kill teammate is still there or will be moving from that direction.
    ad1 - many 'fresh' or less skilled GM players rush to camp for ghost
    - they could be used as 'baits' also looking at mini-map helps to locating ghosts
    (by deatchs of Your teammates) when someone disapear from mini-map then he is killed,
    so there is big chance that ghost who kill teammate is still there or will be moving from that direction.
    That is true that they rush there, especially vent in Lab! I also made a note about the mini-map already, it's a good one and you've made good points.
    SimpleHD wrote: »
    Nice One!
    /Sticky

Good one :D I'd love it to be a sticky, but doubt it will be. There hasn't been a sticky up there in some time but there needs to be one at some point for this mode, people need it :p
  • Great Guide mate, it's Love*Pro by the way, if you remember me?:), you no with the EQ can we have it similar to yours or is it different for everyone?
  • Great Guide mate, it's Love*Pro by the way, if you remember me?:), you no with the EQ can we have it similar to yours or is it different for everyone?

Thanks mate, and Love*Pro? The name sounds familiar :p The EQ will look different to mine because I'm using my soundcards EQ panel.
  • Make sure to add the headset thing. Then maybe a mod will sticky it.
  • Make sure to add the headset thing. Then maybe a mod will sticky it.

Yes! That's right, I need to finish that part. Thanks for the reminder :)
  • "you will not be seen and keep invisible"

no and no, i hav seen the "bhop" done enough times to know for a fact it does not make u invisible just harder to see. there hav been times where some1 bhopin was a VERY faint shadow mainly noticed once moved, also darker maps are not your friend no matter how well you perform the bhop. i personaly see it as a exploit that needs to be removed, then again ghost would start camping more :l

added idea maybe think about where the ghost could be if you was playing that side on the chance you can not pin point them

no and no, i hav seen the "bhop" done enough times to know for a fact it does not make u invisible just harder to see. there hav been times where some1 bhopin was a VERY faint shadow mainly noticed once moved, also darker maps are not your friend no matter how well you perform the bhop. i personaly see it as a exploit that needs to be removed, then again ghost would start camping more :l

added idea maybe think about where the ghost could be if you was playing that side on the chance you can not pin point them

When properly done, you will be 100% invisible when bunny-hopping. This is fact.

The people you see are messing up in one way or another.

VVVVV
    [MOD]Denxi wrote: »
    When properly done, you will be 100% invisible when bunny-hopping. This is fact.

The people you see are messing up in one way or another.

Denxi is completely correct, what you are seeing crack is a bhop not performed 100% correct. I can show you in a private room how bhop is done propperly, if you like just pm me :)

Just a quick note, I'm working on improving the entirety of GR and BL sections of the guide. It's just finding the time to do so!
  • Update:
    Added two new sections to GR, best guns and best headphones along with a few improvements across the GR section. These should help a fair few of you out there, especially with the Gauntlet going on.

More BL updates will be coming soon.
  • madanki wrote: »
    Update:
    Added two new sections to GR, best guns and best headphones along with a few improvements across the GR section. These should help a fair few of you out there, especially with the Gauntlet going on.

More BL updates will be coming soon.

i have bad headphones but nice sound system ;)

pp ftw :P
  • Great job Madanki!!!! certainly helped a 50 year old fart like me, it is an awesome guide!!!! keep the updates coming....(yes I said 50! it is not a typo) :)
  • Great job Madanki!!!! certainly helped a 50 year old fart like me, it is an awesome guide!!!! keep the updates coming....(yes I said 50! it is not a typo) :)

u erm hmm 50 !!!!!!! niiiiiiiiiiiiiice if not joke hahahahaha if it joke -.-
  • Any headphones are fine as long as you have a good eq setting, my cheap $5 panasonic earphones are pretty good at hearing breath and bdown
  • ziro_cod wrote: »
    i have bad headphones but nice sound system ;)

pp ftw :P
    Yeah I love my headphones : D
    Great job Madanki!!!! certainly helped a 50 year old fart like me, it is an awesome guide!!!! keep the updates coming....(yes I said 50! it is not a typo) :)
    Haha thanks man, glad it helped!
    eLiTe26 wrote: »
    Any headphones are fine as long as you have a good eq setting, my cheap $5 panasonic earphones are pretty good at hearing breath and bdown
    Not any, if they have low audio quality, tiny speakers, not low enough hz it will be difficult to hear ghosts.
    Henryblah wrote: »
    Try this and tell me what you think

30048659.png
    Definately different from what I'm used to, it seemed a little harder to pinpoint with but was effective in it's own right. I think it might be down to personal preference, I'll add yours to the OP post, give players different options to try. Thanks.
    stane031 wrote: »
    nice guide
    Cheers :)