So you think we do deserve some empathy?

Well, as long as i've been playing many games with communities, i've been seeing a crescent feeling of hate towards the newcomers on the gaming community, like BR's (let's take this as an example, because you already know the problem that is caused here in this game), you guys are really getting ****ed off and hating and stuff because you think we all cheat, disrespect and such, but have you ever analyzed the situation like, entirely?

You cannot judge an entire country by just looking at the people from there that play a game, to analyze it correctly you should do at least an sociologic analysys, minding the culture, the way people are living on the country, and so on.

I've been talking to several players that i know, from near " i don't have anything to eat but it's okay as long as i have a computer to distract myself from the hunger" to rich players, and as far as i got, i've noticed how the way people are raised affect harshly how they behave towards gaming and/or communities, even facebook, IRC and such examples. People who are raised like spoiled childs, or haven't had any kind of chance of giving up on ignorance tend to bend towards the bad ending of gaming, turning into the things we hate the most, specially in brazil, where the culture tends towards to the "i'll do it if i can do it" or the "i will take any advantage i can to win" lines of thinking generating:
-QQ'ers as you may know them
-Cheaters
-Glitchers
-Ragers
-Trolls

so, Brazil suffers from a late blooming economy and a corrupt politics group, causing a bad public school makes people dive into ignorance/agression and advantage taking patterns of behavior, but, as i said, the economy is blooming, and people start to have money to buy computers, or use them regularly on lan houses, introducing the younger generation to gaming.
Generally speaking, an houses here, or the computers they buy have a low budget hardware specter, so, only a few games will run on these computers, guess what, CF runs on those PC's...

Merging together a bad school, bad examples from the people who rules the country and culture influence, the gaming comunity wouldn't be that good looking, bad manners with big Egos generally generate hate towards the disavantages these gamers have with the poor ISP quality, wich will moe likely generate bad players, behavior speaking.

So it's not really our fault, it's a new thing on our culture to deal with, gaming communities are still new to us, and many of us cannot deal with the disvantages that our still blooming economy give to us, so do not blame us, actually, do not blame anyone besides the ones who facilitate the degradation that a bad player could cause, like cheat distribuitors...

please keep the thread clean and think how you will answer this ^-^

Comments

• Wow, i haven't read this much about Brasil that isn't a ,OMFG BR NOOBS BAN IP NOOB HAACKING NOOBS l2P' thread ever. I totaly suport your case, and the way kids get raised affects their bihaviour on the internet is NOT only for Brasil, i know some friends from IRL who are victims of ... this.

I suport your case
  • Wow, i haven't read this much about Brasil that isn't a ,OMFG BR NOOBS BAN IP NOOB HAACKING NOOBS l2P' thread ever. I totaly suport your case, and the way kids get raised affects their bihaviour on the internet is NOT only for Brasil, i know some friends from IRL who are victims of ... this.

I suport your case

then change your forum name, because turks could be affected by the same matters, ;)

sooo, it has to do more with the way people were raised, not the country of origin, like many people think...
    raise a spoiled ignorant child and give it an xbox, it'll probably scream at it everyday all day long :x
  • I think that we do deserve some type of empathy, but not empathy because of hate towards other nations. We deserve empathy because of the fact that some of us can and will live playing against and with Brazilians. Brazilians are discriminated mainly because of a wall that blocks communication. Most North Americans that aren't of Portuguese or Brazilian descent don't know how to speak Portuguese fluently. This could be the result of the secondary language of America being Spanish, and French for Canada. Communication is a huge factor in this game, and because a population of Brazilians do not know how to speak English, it causes a big gap of understanding.

Also, there are tons of discriminatory messages mutually going around. For example, many North Americans believe Brazilians to all cheat, or use third party programs. Many Brazilian believe that North Americans all cheat, or use a ping cheat which gives them a lower ping. It's simply the fact that there is a lot of prejudice in this game, or any game for that matter.

Because of the fact that, even though we live in the same time zone, we live completely different lives. Brazil isn't as economically developed as us, we can't assume that they live the same lives. They live a long plane ride away, many people don't even go to Brazil on vacation because of costs.

Going back to the discrimination, many Brazilians aren't all the stereotypical view. If anyone remembers Brazooka, he was a Brazilian, and probably was a top 20 sniper for sure. It's the same thing with high ping snipers such as Slaya, they go through discrimination all of the time in pubs because of their ping.

All in all, Brazilians are humans at the end of the day. Discriminating them over something over the internet is just childish. You're not going to travel to Brazil, and discriminate them and call them hackers because of a few that you've seen on Cross Fire.
  • Exaclty You can't say you hate a country just because some players of this country are ''noobs'' and hackers ann well...

And we have a lot of good players 3 clans of the top 10 are BR clans and they don't accept hackers
  • i dont hate anyone for their nationality.
    things you wrote are common sense and that simply proves that people who hate someone for being from a specific country are plain stupid.
  • Although part of what you said is true, there's also some unreliable info.

Like if I consume drugs and get caught do they go after the ones who gave me the drugs?

Yep probably but I would also suffer the consequences.

And Brazil is actually richer then Portugal, Greece and many other countrys and all countrys have certain degradable areas where kids are more often part of gangs, drugs and bad public schools/neighbeirhoods.

Also I dont agree to the fact that Brazil is new to gaming, maybe their a bit behind but really not new to it.

There's some legit Br's out there, that I can tell you, but the major part are often found on those groups that people hate, and so they generalize, it's normal I guess but kinda immature.

And about child's education, again all countrys have their upsides and downsides, you cant really compare that to the game's issues.

People think like this "if Br's dont respect me, why would I respect them?" and so they insult, flame etc.
    Same case as the turks (now named the br's in europe) <- not made up by me and im not insulting or anything, just showing an example of how people think.

Yet again, like the guy above me said, there's some famous BR's out there that do deserv some respect.
  • To tell the truth, i was one of these people who discriminated them because of the other people got me into hating the Brazilians but then there is some that are not so bad. I really agree with 74K37H47. Some are fun and some act dumb in which we see as ******ed. If y'all learned Portuguese that will probably make the situation better. Let's learn Portuguese! :D Anyways i'm El Salvadorean so i barely understand some Brs
  • I only hate the BRs that indeed do hack, and of course the ones that play in UK servers. Is there something wrong with that?
  • The major group is not that way...just look the brasilians clans,i would say 70%of these clans don't accept hackers

But you guys seems to don't care to the good brasilians you guys ''send us to hell as well''<<Iron Maiden copyright
  • The major group is not that way...just look the brasilians clans,i would say 70%of these clans don't accept hackers

But you guys seems to don't care to the good brasilians you guys ''send us to hell as well''<<Iron Maiden copyright

We do care O.o

Takethat is one of the funnest people around here. The thing is that the majority isn't like her. Only a handful are.
  • I understand what you are saying completely.
    There is a reason I don't hate on BRs in general anymore.
    But I DO hate you Isabelle
    jkjk <3:o
  • i forgot to say i'm brasilian but i think you realize that in my post don't ya?
    i'm so happy,you guys understand what i say,so i know how to speak english?haha that's cool

What i don't like is when you guys say BR=BORN RET4RDED and i hate when i jus have entered in a room and someone say noob BR please kick him...this is generalize and this is what i don't like...

and u guys can't judge a country with these arguments...i say that cause i see some guys saying things like that:brasil is a sh1t,just because a brasilian is using hacker in a game...

ps:i hate hacker and a lot of BR clans hate hackers
  • I just dislike them because they kick everyone that has 100 ping or less, so I do the same.
  • 'mc wrote:
    ;2292493']I just dislike them because they kick everyone that has 100 ping or less, so I do the same.

Exactly what I said before, "If BR's dont respect me, why would I respect BR's?", that's what people think.

Then again when I find an actual BR that has his ping high (150 aprox) but knows how to play, doesnt kick, doesnt complain and sometimes even compliments others, I give him my total respect.
  • Although part of what you said is true, there's also some unreliable info.

Like if I consume drugs and get caught do they go after the ones who gave me the drugs?

Yep probably but I would also suffer the consequences.

And Brazil is actually richer then Portugal, Greece and many other countrys and all countrys have certain degradable areas where kids are more often part of gangs, drugs and bad public schools/neighbeirhoods.

Also I dont agree to the fact that Brazil is new to gaming, maybe their a bit behind but really not new to it.

There's some legit Br's out there, that I can tell you, but the major part are often found on those groups that people hate, and so they generalize, it's normal I guess but kinda immature.

And about child's education, again all countrys have their upsides and downsides, you cant really compare that to the game's issues.

yeah, the country is certainly rich, but it's poorly distributed, like the case of south africa, where the country is extremely rich, but the money is badly distributed so the majority of the population is poor.
    Well, really it is new to gaming, but not that new, and as you stated my country is behind a country like the U.S. gaming wise.

about the education problems, it's kind of one of the motives that lean towards bad manners that influence the gaming behavior of the person, if the person has bad manners it'll behave badly wherever it is, but yeah, education isn't a major factor, but it does take part on the problem overall .-.
  • I don´t care if he is BR or not.
    If the player is BR but knows how to play and don´t QQ about everything, I don´t kick him.
    I kick Portuguese people if they annoy me(I am portuguese).
  • I don´t care if he is BR or not.
    If the player is BR but knows how to play and don´t QQ about everything, I don´t kick him.
    I kick Portuguese people if they annoy me(I am portuguese).

Exactly.

msg2short
  • [zypheriox wrote: »
    I only hate the BRs that indeed do hack, and of course the ones that play in UK servers. Is there something wrong with that?

maybe the language barrier?
    english is a second option of language teached at private schools here, wich are pretty much the only ones who actually teaches something to brazillian kids in here, since the budget to public schools is just drained away by corrupt politicians .-.
    sooo, they don't know that the UK servers are on a different continent, as well you wouldn't know where guiana is right away, you have to figure it out by thinking a little (just an example)
  • Also have you guys played tutorial SnD or shooting range?

If your ACE people will most likely kick you for no reason or even say u hack even knowing you dont, they simply kick you and let me tell you the major part of the kicks there are not made by BR''s actually.

People like to be mean to others, especially via Internet, it's their nature I guess or probably because most are kids 13-16 years old and not mature enough.
  • We do care O.o

Takethat is one of the funnest people around here. The thing is that the majority isn't like her. Only a handful are.

that's because most of them probably doesn't know how to speak english, even i, cannot completely understand longer phrases and such, since i didn't had former english classes :x

If your ACE people will most likely kick you for no reason or even say u hack even knowing you dont, they simply kick you and let me tell you the major part of the kicks there are not made by BR''s actually.

People like to be mean to others, especially via Internet, it's their nature I guess or probably because most are kids 13-16 years old and not mature enough.

Adding on to this, that doesn't narrow it down to a certain nation, it simply narrows it down to immaturity. Anybody can be either mature or immature. I doubt everybody in Brazil goes coo coo for cocoa puffs. I've seen and met Brazilians who would probably make it as lawyers and doctors here in Canada. Immaturity isn't something that can be stopped.

you have to state that being the ace is nothing more than just showing that you've killed the biggest number of players, doesn't means you'll win something else, does it? .-.
  • 74K37H47 wrote: »
    that's because most of them probably doesn't know how to speak english, even i, cannot completely understand longer phrases and such, since i didn't had former english classes :x

I learnt English by playing 5 years of Runescape, movies and other stuff actually, not with school.

English is by far my best grade, even the teacher seems dumb to me, I just spend most of my time drawing on English classes.
  • ESLHi wrote: »
    Adding on to this, that doesn't narrow it down to a certain nation, it simply narrows it down to immaturity. Anybody can be either mature or immature. I doubt everybody in Brazil goes coo coo for cocoa puffs. I've seen and met Brazilians who would probably make it as lawyers and doctors here in Canada. Immaturity isn't something that can be stopped.

it's a trace of human behavior based on the struggle to try to get the advantages of being mature without assuming the responsabilities .-.
  • 74K37H47 wrote: »
    you have to state that being the ace is nothing more than just showing that you've killed the biggest number of players, doesn't means you'll win something else, does it? .-.

It gets annoying taking the fact that you get alot of xp on those matches, I once had 44/14, last rounds and I thought to myself "hmm this is strange, not being kicked, hurray! 1k+ xp!"

Some secs latter, guess what happened.
  • I learnt English by playing 5 years of Runescape, movies and other stuff actually, not with school.

English is by far my best grade, even the teacher seems dumb to me, I just spend most of my time drawing on English classes.

living with english with you eases the process of learning the language, we can see this by some of the tries of foreigners to create an thread, but they're just not ready, a little more time seeing and actually having interest in learning (wich is the major problem of people who actually have a language barrier, when they don't wanna trully learn) the new languages .-.
  • I've learned english with movies and the serie Friends
    In my english class at school what i do it's nothing and my grades are always great

And i'm jus 14 years old

You might be thinking that i'm just a dumb kid right now,well think what u want

What i don't like is

Immature
    Generalization
  • You know our motivation, given your reputation. PLease excuse me i dont mean to be rude, but I still hate BRs.

Nah im kidding i love BR's girls.
  • It gets annoying taking the fact that you get alot of xp on those matches, I once had 44/14, last rounds and I thought to myself "hmm this is strange, not being kicked, hurray! 1k+ xp!"

Some secs latter, guess what happened.

ohhh it gives you more exp =o
    i didn't knew that x]
    well, there are some people who care about their exp/kd/win-loss ration/etc, they're just playing the game the way they like .-.