Added C4 Defuse section
    Added best guns to use
    Improved minor sections

Video Guide:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIZicOLbHMY

Pinpoint + Movement Method in gameplay!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_TjnSwjQBM

thebasics2png.png
    2.1 Stereo audio is what you need, this will allow you to pinpoint. No names appear above any ghost, they become visible when they walk, run or jump without bhop.

PinPoint is a method to killing ghosts without even seeing them move. Yes you did hear right, ghosts constantly give out noise even when not moving and this noise is the sound of heavy breathing. Breathing is where that ghost is located, it increases or decreases in volume the closer or further away you are to it.

Below is an accurate step-by-step guide on how to properly pinpoint. Starting from the absolute basics.

Shoot a little lower than directly infront of the breath, this is because ghosts might be crouching and you miss the shot by aiming up too high.

1. Move your cursor left and then right. You will hear breath coming from the ghost. The further left/ right you turn the more you will notice a difference in volume and direction.

2. Right in-between your left and right sides is what I call the ‘centre point’, it is when sound, or breathing in this case, suddenly jumps from left to right or visa-versa and you hear the sudden change from left to right. With 5.1 you actually have a centre speaker so you can more accurately pinpoint the breathing but you don’t have the sudden change from left to right, so in a sense it can be more difficult to pinpoint.

3. You are able to hear breathing through walls, this gives you a huge advantage over ghosts. Keep your cursor on the breathing whilst looking at the wall, run around the wall and shoot at the breath. The ghosts won’t see it coming and will think that you’re hacking, it’s that good!

4. Always keep an ear out for different surface noises. Wood, metal, water or dirt all give you an indication of where the ghost is located, that and you can predict what route they are taking, especially in Laboratory or Bio Facility when they run around on the top floor.

5. Keep an eye on your mini-map in the top corner. An 'X' marker appears where your ally has been killed, use this to your advantage and watch out for nearby ghosts.

6. Use burst-fires and avoid spraying. Shots of 5-9 bullets is good when there is a ghost present or when you are guaranteed there is a ghost with your pinpoint. Spraying can help when there is a few ghosts running at you, but even then you should use controlled bursts to each one.

heightsf.png
    It’s one thing pinpointing but it’s another story when the ghost is stood on top of an object or below in a tunnel. It can be difficult to differentiate heights, especially with a fast paced hopper.

1. Volume can be increased or decreased by a fragment depending on how high or low the ghost is, but it is possible to hear this alteration especially if your computer volume is at least 40-50. I use 65-70.

2. Sometimes logic comes into play and you can calculate that it is more likely for the ghost to be stood above or below, especially if the breath is resonating from a corner near an enclosed space, for example the unit outside of a vent entrance in Laboratory near B Side next to the servers.

movementl.png
    I can’t stress how important your movement pattern is! Once you have a good movement pattern you can save yourself from being killed.

Quick tip: Swap your crouch/ jump keys around in options. I find it a lot easier to move, jump or bhop this way as my fingers are more relaxed.

1. Never walk/ run in a straight line, only walk in select areas and run most of the time.

2. Walking is an easy way to die, you are slow and a hopper can kill you before you have any time to react. Only walk when moving around a corner or in an enclosed space. Also walking, in enclosed spaces, can help when you are against the odds so you are able to clearly hear them make noise.

3. Running should be standard. It makes noise for ghosts to hear but they’re going to find you regardless, running allows you to gain enough speed and time to move away from any hopping ghosts, it also gives you the speed to have a sporadic movement pattern which can help you avoid being killed.

4. A sporadic movement pattern can come in many forms so I will give you my pattern, ultimately it comes down to personal preference.

-Never move in a line for more than 2 seconds. (Straight, backwards and diagonal)
    -Move in semi-circles or curved lines.
    -If you are close to hunting a ghost, move in directions: left, up, right, left, down, up, right, left. All in half a second or less straight after each other, your reflexes will help you evade an attack. At first you may be rusty but over time you will build a fluent and valuable pattern.

vision.png
    Keep an eye out for these extra benefits! Sometimes ghosts can be seen as an invisible silhouette when they move, even if they’re stationary! Of course if they run, walk or fail bhop then you can see them turn semi-visible.

-Blood
    -Lights
    -Red light emitters
    -Water splashes
    -Bullet traces
    -Grenade traces
    -Lasers
    -Smoke

c4defuse.png
    Defusing the C4 is one of the most risky elements to securing victory. There is a fair few methods that each work to their own advantage dependant on the situation that you’re faced with. Let’s get started in no particular order.

1. Defusing - When you are defusing, never look down to the ground. Try looking as far up as you can and in the most likely direction that ghosts may come from. This way you can react faster and save your own bacon! Also you can still look around whilst defusing, just don’t turn around too far otherwise it will automatically cancel. You are able to defuse the C4 through walls a good example is B Site in Laboratory; on ground floor, the wall facing opposite to the back tunnel, you can defuse through that wall, also you can sometimes hide around the curving the wall, giving you some protection and less space to get killed.

2. Defending – To defend you need to keep close to the player defusing and never walk too far astray otherwise you may not have enough time to react. Search in the most likely/ nearest entrances for any approaching ghosts. Know your map, get familiar with the most common routes to that Bomb Site, in most cases you can keep close to a wall and hear the ghost approaching from the other side giving you a huge advantage to pre-fire or surprise attack them, but if you do hear them approaching don’t wait for them, you go to them!

3. Identity – You can fool the ghost into thinking you’re the one defusing when it actually isn’t, this can give just enough time for the defuse to be successful as the ghosts attack takes time to execute. To do this, look as if you are defusing in the same position as the real player defusing is, so let’s say if he is crouching and looking up, you do the same but right next to him or in front, so then the ghost cannot tell who the real player is defusing.

4. Distractions – These methods are not the best and can even be frowned upon. Flash bangs, grenades or smoke grenades all pose positive and negative effects. Flash bangs if thrown around a corner can blind approaching ghosts but if thrown at the C4 then your entire team can become blind, not a smart move. Grenades on the off-chance kill a ghost but usually they only prove to damage team members and cause a loud bang so you can’t hear ghosts breathing. Smoke makes noise so it’s harder to hear ghosts, hard to see your own team members and the C4, however, ghosts become visible if they fail bhop, run, walk, jump or by the smoke glitch.

extrasp.png
    In-game settings are a little further down the page, go check them out.
    -Body Armour
    -Bullet Proof Helmet
    -No Fall Damage
    -C4 Setup/ Defuse Kit

gunsv.png
    Any gun that is silenced will work a charm. Keep to guns that have a low 'thump' sound like Dual Desperado or have no harsh sounding shots (m12s, ak47 have harsh shots) and never use Machine Guns. Below is a list of guns, starting at best to least. If a gun isn't on this list, then don't use it.

Primary:
    -M4A1-Spring
    -M4A1-S Patriot
    -M4A1-Silver
    -M4A1-Custom Crystal
    -Dual Desperado
    -Winchester
    -Type89
    -Mp5-Adv
    -KSG15 - Too noisy but great for 1-hit kills in a wide area.
    -Spas-12
    -Awm - Noisy so don't spray but it feels so good when you get a kill with sniper.

Secondary:
    -Desert Eagle
    -Anaconda
    -M66
    -Double Barrel
    -M9
    -Mateba

headphonesu.png
    Here is a list of headphones that work great for Ghost Mode, these are all from personal knowledge/ experience and feedback from other good Ghost Mode players.

-Roccat Kave - Real 5.1 surround sound, high quality audio, good build quality. These are a fantastic pair to have, they work really good for Ghost Mode, I currently use them and pinpointing is a lot more fluent. USB powered, requires 5.1 soundcard with red, yellow, blue and black sockets, additionally a pink socket for microphone support.

-X-Tactic S7 - 7.1 Surround sound, very good audio/ microphone quality, good build quality. Crossfire doesn't support 7.1 as far as I know but that won't make a difference as it will still play 5.1.

-ASTRO Gaming A40 Audio System - These have amazing audio quality, 7.1 and excellent microphone quality. I have yet to test these but from feedback across many websites I can say these are a great set to have, they also range from 15 - 28,000 Hz.

-Turtle Beach x12 - 2.1 Stereo, high quality audio, picks up breath fairly decent, more of a personal preference headset as many people will give good/ bad points to these.

-SoundMAGIC PL11 - These are in-earphones 2.1 stereo and they work like a charm! I used to use these and they never let me down, worked really good for Ghost Mode.

settingsh.png
    Most sound cards have an EQ panel (Equaliser), I have Creative Sound Blaster. Screenshot below shows mine, it is 5.1 so Stereo will have fewer sliders. Using these EQ settings will really help you hear the breath of ghosts. If you don’t know if you have any EQ panel, Google your soundcard, usually it’s down to the audio software installed, Realtek is software as an example.

Most cases you can install Realtek and have the EQ control panel, download both AC'97 and HD Audio Codecs, then give your pc a restart. Right click on Realtek icon in the lower right of the taskbar, select the Audio Manager and your EQ panel should be at the bottom. You may need to click a small grey icon in the top right of your EQ panel, this will give you the advanced appearance (like mine below).

Realtek: Select AC’97
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

High Definition Audio Codecs:
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

Two different EQ settings, give them a try see what you find best
    eqimg.png

eq2.png

fireinwhole.png
    No grenade radio messages! This will help you out a whole bunch, you will not have bleeding ears at the start of every GM match. This is allowed and is breaking no rules, download link below.

ModHub Link:
    http://modhub.org/othermods/656-cf-tool

ingamesettings.png
    These are my in-game settings. Lower texture helps you see ghosts if they turn semi-visible, blood allows you to see when you hit them and 95 gamma lets you notice when ghosts turn semi-visible easier.
    My Game Settings
    gamesettingsd.png

sinsofgr.png
    If you use any ak47/ m12s/ machine gun then you may as well call it quits, full stop. You will either be kicked or killed by ghosts. Even if you can use them properly without spraying, one bullet shot will disrupt any pinpointer drastically, it’s a no-no, end of, no argument.

Never flash your team-mates, throw a grenade at them or smoke them. Why you ask? Well, flashing will blind/ deafen them, grenade will damage/ kill/ deafen them and smoke will impair their vision/ sound. Try to avoid special grenades that have some fancy special effect; it causes extra noise and an added effect to block your vision.

Thx for helping but they are going to call u hacker every time u killed them
  • TaBaLoNn wrote: »
    Its a very nice guide!
    Humbl3 wrote: »
    Does Rorzer's CF tool still works?
    Thanks and yes it does, I use it :)

IgotmyJOB wrote: »
    Madanki, is the EQ one of mine i gave ya ?

The first one is yeah, I prefer the second one now though :O
  • IgotmyJOB wrote: »
    U broke up your promise. wth .
    Can't even remember making any promise, sorry, and so what if people see it, at least you'll have more competition/ less kickers and I doubt much people even tried it anyway. In any case, I removed it and the left the second EQ, I think it's much better for pinpoint as it's clearer, makes guns quieter and breath is clearer.
  • madanki wrote: »
    Can't even remember making any promise, sorry, and so what if people see it, at least you'll have more competition/ less kickers and I doubt much people even tried it anyway. In any case, I removed it and the left the second EQ, I think it's much better for pinpoint as it's clearer, makes guns quieter and breath is clearer.
    If u would not promise, i would not do it to ya.. U dont remember that was for the tourny..
  • Does anyone know of any equalizers that are compatible with a SoundMAX Digital HD Audio sound card on XP? I've been looking around the web, but I haven't found anything yet.
  • Link1275 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any equalizers that are compatible with a SoundMAX Digital HD Audio sound card on XP? I've been looking around the web, but I haven't found anything yet.
    Does this work?
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-40706-1
    Unfortunately not. For some reason it says that I have a newer version installed already. I have looked through tons of drivers that are for my card, however when I go to install them I get told that I either can't or I already have a higher version. I did try re-installing my current version and I did get a program by doing that, but it's a program called SoundMAX Control Panel and it doesn't have a sound equalizer in it.
    Unfortunately not. For some reason it says that I have a newer version installed already. I have looked through tons of drivers that are for my card, however when I go to install them I get told that I either can't or I already have a higher version. I did try re-installing my current version and I did get a program by doing that, but it's a program called SoundMAX Control Panel and it doesn't have a sound equalizer in it.

Completely uninstall your current driver and then install the new downloaded one. Do this through Device Manager in Control Panel. If you're not sure how to do that jsut give me a PM.
    Completely uninstall your current driver and then install the new downloaded one. Do this through Device Manager in Control Panel. If you're not sure how to do that jsut give me a PM.
    So I uninstalled the current driver and now it gives me an error saying: "The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware.

Note: If you unistalled audio software without restarting your PC, restart now, then run this setup again."

I already tried restarting my computer though, and windows just detects my sound card and installs the drivers again. Is there any way I can get this to install then?
    So I uninstalled the current driver and now it gives me an error saying: "The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware.

Note: If you unistalled audio software without restarting your PC, restart now, then run this setup again."

I already tried restarting my computer though, and windows just detects my sound card and installs the drivers again. Is there any way I can get this to install then?

No because it isn't the correct driver your your hardware, unfortunately. Doesn't the Realtek EQ work for your system? Also is your computer a laptop by any chance? I'll do some more researching later when I get time.
    No because it isn't the correct driver your your hardware, unfortunately. Doesn't the Realtek EQ work for your system? Also is your computer a laptop by any chance? I'll do some more researching later when I get time.
    I don't have the Realtek EQ, and I haven't been able to find a copy on the web. I could have sworn that I had it on a Drivers and Utilities Disc that came with my other computer(it's a netbook), but I installed that driver and it didn't come with it. My computer is a desktop though.
  • Hey mad, I've got a Macbook Pro 13' (mid 2011), I installed your Realtek EQ but it didn't work (it wouldn't load up after I installed & rebooted). Do you have any idea which programme would work on my laptop? Thanks :D
    I don't have the Realtek EQ, and I haven't been able to find a copy on the web. I could have sworn that I had it on a Drivers and Utilities Disc that came with my other computer(it's a netbook), but I installed that driver and it didn't come with it. My computer is a desktop though.
    Download Aimp3, it's much better than Realtek, I'm going to update OP post with it. Aimp3 is just a media player but comes with a nice EQ. Picture below :)

Download:
    http://www.aimp2.us/aimp3-download.php

Hey mad, I've got a Macbook Pro 13' (mid 2011), I installed your Realtek EQ but it didn't work (it wouldn't load up after I installed & rebooted). Do you have any idea which programme would work on my laptop? Thanks :D
    Try this and tell me if it works, I can't test as I don't have a Mac but it looks great and reviews say it's good!

http://hear.en.softonic.com/mac
    Download Aimp3, it's much better than Realtek, I'm going to update OP post with it. Aimp3 is just a media player but comes with a nice EQ. Picture below :)

Download:
    http://www.aimp2.us/aimp3-download.php

Ok. Thank you.
  • you said "Avoid external speakers and use on-ear/ over-ear/or in-ear headphones for best results." why? normal headphones work better than anything else and turn volume to 50-60 and you can hear everything. I personally have normal headphones, volume at 55 and pin point is not a problem, as every game i've been getting called hack. However goodjob with the guide and taking you personal time on doing it. I HOPE THIS GUIDE STOP SOME NOOBS FROM KICKING ME.
  • you said "Avoid external speakers and use on-ear/ over-ear/or in-ear headphones for best results." why? normal headphones work better than anything else and turn volume to 50-60 and you can hear everything. I personally have normal headphones, volume at 55 and pin point is not a problem, as every game i've been getting called hack. However goodjob with the guide and taking you personal time on doing it. I HOPE THIS GUIDE STOP SOME NOOBS FROM KICKING ME.
    Madanki is saying that external speakers don't work well. The part about headphones is talking about the style of headphones. On-ear are traditional over the head, over-ear are the type that loop behind the back of your head and hang off of your ears, and in-ear are ear buds(which might work best if you have the type that drone out external noises).
    Refer to quote below but as an added extra point from me, external speakers simple don't give you that isntant response that headphones do. Externals, depending on quality/ drum size, spread the audio all over the place.

and thank you, I hope it reduces the amount of kickers :)
    Link1275 wrote: »
    Madanki is saying that external speakers don't work well. The part about headphones is talking about the style of headphones. On-ear are traditional over the head, over-ear are the type that loop behind the back of your head and hang off of your ears, and in-ear are ear buds(which might work best if you have the type that drone out external noises).
    Bang on correct! You hit the nail on the head with that answer.
  • Me es new to GM, anyone wanna help me out? teach me a few tricks here and there would be nice
  • 'Danny wrote:
    [;3512275']Me es new to GM, anyone wanna help me out? teach me a few tricks here and there would be nice

Timing is the biggest tip I can give. Once you have a target enemy watch their movement speed + route, then judge how many hops it'll take until you reach target. Attack before you land the last hop, so then you're not idle whilst attacking. Then as soon as you deal damage/ miss immediately hop away in the oppposite direction.

Never camp for more than 1 second otherwise a pinpointer will kill you, if nearby that is. With a good pinpointer 0.5 of a second is enough for them to shoot at you, so the key is to constantly hop around with as little breaks as possible and don't get trapped in corners. Whilst hopping keep your curser up in the centre rather than down so then you can see enemies whilst hopping and further plan your movement.

Try this and tell me if it works, I can't test as I don't have a Mac but it looks great and reviews say it's good!

http://hear.en.softonic.com/mac

Thanks for your reply mad. But you have misunderstood :D 'cause I have Windows 7 installed in order to play CF (CF does not work on Mac OS). Therefore, would be great if you can find an EQ programme that runs on Windows :D Cheers!!
  • Thanks for your reply mad. But you have misunderstood :D 'cause I have Windows 7 installed in order to play CF (CF does not work on Mac OS). Therefore, would be great if you can find an EQ programme that runs on Windows :D Cheers!!

Hahah ahh sorry! Just download Aimp3 instead: http://www.aimp2.us/aimp3-download.php

That's the EQ at the top right.
    eqaimp3.png
  • So I asked this in the thread in the barracks section, but no one answered it. Do you have to leave AIMP3 open while playing CF for the equalizer to wok?
    Timing is the biggest tip I can give. Once you have a target enemy watch their movement speed + route, then judge how many hops it'll take until you reach target. Attack before you land the last hop, so then you're not idle whilst attacking. Then as soon as you deal damage/ miss immediately hop away in the oppposite direction.

Never camp for more than 1 second otherwise a pinpointer will kill you, if nearby that is. With a good pinpointer 0.5 of a second is enough for them to shoot at you, so the key is to constantly hop around with as little breaks as possible and don't get trapped in corners. Whilst hopping keep your curser up in the centre rather than down so then you can see enemies whilst hopping and further plan your movement.

Hmm thanks for the tip.
    So I asked this in the thread in the barracks section, but no one answered it. Do you have to leave AIMP3 open while playing CF for the equalizer to wok?
    Sorry Aimp3 doesn't wor, it's jsut a media player. I thought it worked alongside CF but it doesn't. If you can't get Realtek to work then the only other option is to buy a soundcard that comes with an EQ with its software.

I've done countless searching for Equalizers but most are vst plugins for audio editing programs. There might be system Equalizers out there but probably with a cost as Microsoft has to license anything that touches the audio drivers.

'Danny wrote:
    [;3514228']Hmm thanks for the tip.
    No problem.
  • wow. I can't believe how well done this was. the people in my teams today really should have gone over this.. especially:

"2. Defending – To defend you need to keep close to the player defusing and never walk too far astray otherwise you may not have enough time to react. Search in the most likely/ nearest entrances for any approaching ghosts. Know your map, get familiar with the most common routes to that Bomb Site, in most cases you can keep close to a wall and hear the ghost approaching from the other side giving you a huge advantage to pre-fire or surprise attack them, but if you do hear them approaching don’t wait for them, you go to them!"

I still need help with the whole PP / BHOP methods. Practice will help! I hope...