Ghost Mode: A Professional Guide

Comments

• wow. I can't believe how well done this was. the people in my teams today really should have gone over this.. especially:

"2. Defending – To defend you need to keep close to the player defusing and never walk too far astray otherwise you may not have enough time to react. Search in the most likely/ nearest entrances for any approaching ghosts. Know your map, get familiar with the most common routes to that Bomb Site, in most cases you can keep close to a wall and hear the ghost approaching from the other side giving you a huge advantage to pre-fire or surprise attack them, but if you do hear them approaching don’t wait for them, you go to them!"

I still need help with the whole PP / BHOP methods. Practice will help! I hope...

Thank you thank you :) I just wish more people in GM knew about this guide, but the majority don't even view the forums. Practice is key, you learn tricks, movement, common routes etc and your reflexes improve over time, eventually you'll get a moment where you react on instinct (turning 180') and get a kill, that's when you know you're getting good.
  • I think you putted so much work in this guide...
    Good job.
  • Good f*cking job. better than zach or anyone else could ever do imo.
  • madanki wrote: »
    Sorry Aimp3 doesn't wor, it's jsut a media player. I thought it worked alongside CF but it doesn't. If you can't get Realtek to work then the only other option is to buy a soundcard that comes with an EQ with its software.

I've done countless searching for Equalizers but most are vst plugins for audio editing programs. There might be system Equalizers out there but probably with a cost as Microsoft has to license anything that touches the audio drivers.
    Well, I managed to download the AC'97 and HD Audio Codecs you linked to. I got some of them to install(there is one that won't on my PC), and I can't get hardly any of the programs that come bundled in the driver packages to run. I had to go into their program folders to even find them, I double click on RTHDCPL.exe and nothing happens. I believe I mentioned this earlier, but I have the Realtek Sound Manager program on another PC and that seems to work for it. I'd use that other PC but it can't really run CF. I also tried copying that PC's copy of the program over to this one already.
  • Stealthh wrote: »
    Good f*cking job. better than zach or anyone else could ever do imo.

That's sound like an insult even to yourself. :(
  • That's sound like an insult even to yourself. :(

of course it is. I can't write a guide this good to save my life. :(

and if Zach was so intent on teaching others GM, he should have wrote a guide instead of making a QQ thread about me. :)
  • I think you putted so much work in this guide...
    Goo job.
    Thank Forta :)
    Stealthh wrote: »
    Good f*cking job. better than zach or anyone else could ever do imo.
    Haha wow thanks man! Guess I'm doing something right :D
    Link1275 wrote: »
    Well, I managed to download the AC'97 and HD Audio Codecs you linked to. I got some of them to install(there is one that won't on my PC), and I can't get hardly any of the programs that come bundled in the driver packages to run. I had to go into their program folders to even find them, I double click on RTHDCPL.exe and nothing happens. I believe I mentioned this earlier, but I have the Realtek Sound Manager program on another PC and that seems to work for it. I'd use that other PC but it can't really run CF. I also tried copying that PC's copy of the program over to this one already.

Instead, run rtlcpl.exe. 6305_Vista_PG537\Vista see if that works.

If that doesn't work, just follow this tutorial, I've tried it myself and it works. It's very easy to follow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FdYFtASvWg
    Updated OP post : )
  • Hey mad, I think I need some more help :( I tried to instal the 97' codec but windows prevented me from installing it (something to do with incompatible driver). I then checked in the Device Manager and there are these 2 under sound, video and controllers: Cirrus Logic CS4206A and Intel Display Audio. I've googled everything I could but I just cant find a way to have the "Audio Manger" on my windows. Hope you can help:( Thanks :D
  • Hey mad, I think I need some more help :( I tried to instal the 97' codec but windows prevented me from installing it (something to do with incompatible driver). I then checked in the Device Manager and there are these 2 under sound, video and controllers: Cirrus Logic CS4206A and Intel Display Audio. I've googled everything I could but I just cant find a way to have the "Audio Manger" on my windows. Hope you can help:( Thanks :D

So is it a macbook pro that you've got but has windows 7 installed on it?

Did you try installing the High Definition drivers as well as try Method 2 that I gave (OP post)? If so, then you simply cannot install Realtek as your driver doesn't support it. If it has Windows 7 installed on a Macbook then you will not be able to install Realtek drivers.
    Instead, run rtlcpl.exe. 6305_Vista_PG537\Vista see if that works.

If that doesn't work, just follow this tutorial, I've tried it myself and it works. It's very easy to follow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FdYFtASvWg
    Well, I can get the Realtek EQ to run if I use the Run command terminal. However it doesn't work. I did a force install of the drivers by uninstalling my regular ones and manually installing the Realtek ones, but apparently those aren't compatible with my Sound Card so I guess I can't use an EQ to maximize my ability to pinpoint then. Good guide though. I'll be back when I have a more up to date computer that isn't on XP and outdated hardware(and has an actual sound card).
  • Link1275 wrote: »
    Well, I can get the Realtek EQ to run if I use the Run command terminal. However it doesn't work. I did a force install of the drivers by uninstalling my regular ones and manually installing the Realtek ones, but apparently those aren't compatible with my Sound Card so I guess I can't use an EQ to maximize my ability to pinpoint then. Good guide though. I'll be back when I have a more up to date computer that isn't on XP and outdated hardware(and has an actual sound card).

That's a real shame, hope you can get a dedicated soundcard that comes with software eventually.
  • ^ This should be renamed:
    How to get kicked: A Professional Guide

Jk nice guide ;), although you forgot breath down and noise down in the ghost extras section

Also you should add Dolby sound in the EQ guide, since there are, and there will be players who use it (just in case)

One important thing you forgot to add: The ghost in the red ring emitter can ONLY BE SEEN when viewed at a certain angle. Being in there does not mean everyone can just simply see them.
    So is it a macbook pro that you've got but has windows 7 installed on it?

Did you try installing the High Definition drivers as well as try Method 2 that I gave (OP post)? If so, then you simply cannot install Realtek as your driver doesn't support it. If it has Windows 7 installed on a Macbook then you will not be able to install Realtek drivers.

Yes it has Windows7 installed on it :D that is fine I can still play with default settings. Thanks for all the help!!
  • TheSile wrote: »
    ^ This should be renamed:
    How to get kicked: A Professional Guide

Jk nice guide ;), although you forgot breath down and noise down in the ghost extras section

Also you should add Dolby sound in the EQ guide, since there are, and there will be players who use it (just in case)

One important thing you forgot to add: The ghost in the red ring emitter can ONLY BE SEEN when viewed at a certain angle. Being in there does not mean everyone can just simply see them.

Hahaha that made me laugh : D Thanks for the pointers, I've just updated those areas.

The Dolby Sound only comes with select products and has no public download available, sadly.
    Yes it has Windows7 installed on it :D that is fine I can still play with default settings. Thanks for all the help!!
    No problem, happy to help :)
  • So I'm still kind of a noob at GR, but how come sometimes I can't hear the breath of the ghosts? I saw/somewhat heard a ghost land in front of me from jumping down from an area, and I shot a few shots to try to kill it, but missed. I stopped and tried to pinpoint, but was randomly killed from that same ghost, but I couldn't hear the breath. I was killed by a katana, and almost convinced myself that katanas make the ghosts more ninja-like. xD Can you explain that to me please?

Oh, and great guide by the way. I just wish everyone read this so people don't kick actual pinpointers/pros, cause that's really annoying. Thanks!
  • ShocKuuR wrote: »
    So I'm still kind of a noob at GR, but how come sometimes I can't hear the breath of the ghosts? I saw/somewhat heard a ghost land in front of me from jumping down from an area, and I shot a few shots to try to kill it, but missed. I stopped and tried to pinpoint, but was randomly killed from that same ghost, but I couldn't hear the breath. I was killed by a katana, and almost convinced myself that katanas make the ghosts more ninja-like. xD Can you explain that to me please?

Oh, and great guide by the way. I just wish everyone read this so people don't kick actual pinpointers/pros, cause that's really annoying. Thanks!

Maybe one of the lucky ones who finish the GMG Event (Ghost Mode Gauntlent)
    where as the prize was 30 Day Katana + 30 Day Footstep Noise Down + 30 Day Breath Noise Down.
    So if You do not have an excellent headphones or equalizer set for GM playing You will not hear a damm thing
    until it will be too late (swing of blade - dead) a specially if there is some sprayer in GR team.
  • ShocKuuR wrote: »
    So I'm still kind of a noob at GR, but how come sometimes I can't hear the breath of the ghosts? I saw/somewhat heard a ghost land in front of me from jumping down from an area, and I shot a few shots to try to kill it, but missed. I stopped and tried to pinpoint, but was randomly killed from that same ghost, but I couldn't hear the breath. I was killed by a katana, and almost convinced myself that katanas make the ghosts more ninja-like. xD Can you explain that to me please?

I understand completely, seems almost h@ck-like doesn't it. Well I'll explain why.

First of all, this goes for Bl mainly but also GR, never stay idle/ camp for more than 1 second, otherwise you will die by pinpoint or bhop. Try to pinpoint your enemy within 1 second and burst-fire. Other guns shooting in the distance/ nearby will cripple your chances at killing any ghost, even silenced weapons.

A hopper gains the most speed at their 3rd hop and can gain an advantage by jumping into objects then jumping off all whilst hopping so they temporarily become air-born, thus making it even harder to pinpoint/ hear the breath approaching. Lag can also alter breathing, if their ping fluctuates suddenly, even for a second, their breath will randomly appear from absolute nowhere, as if by magic. That combined with pro hopping, is a deadly combo indeed.
  • Already did thank you in game but gotta thank you again, Madanki, dope work. Keep it 100!
  • JohnnyKie wrote: »
    I have a pinpointing reference video you may like.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3O0VkDg9gE
    Hmmm interesting, nice tut!
    BamesJond wrote: »
    Already did thank you in game but gotta thank you again, Madanki, dope work. Keep it 100!
    Haha that's no problem, glad it's helping people :)
  • Um... I don't mean to necro-post or anything, but yeah.

Nice guide. One question. So I got Realtek with my Windows 8 machine and downloaded the drivers that you listed in the thread. The HD drivers seemed to have installed without a hitch. But the AC97 drivers won't install (I think it's incompatible with win8). So, I don't have an equalizer. And the Realtek sounds a bit weird in game. Like gun sounds and fall damage grunts sound ridiculously loud while other sounds, such as ghost breath, are nearly inaudible. :/

Any suggestions?
  • 1nsomniac wrote: »
    Um... I don't mean to necro-post or anything, but yeah.

Nice guide. One question. So I got Realtek with my Windows 8 machine and downloaded the drivers that you listed in the thread. The HD drivers seemed to have installed without a hitch. But the AC97 drivers won't install (I think it's incompatible with win8). So, I don't have an equalizer. And the Realtek sounds a bit weird in game. Like gun sounds and fall damage grunts sound ridiculously loud while other sounds, such as ghost breath, are nearly inaudible. :/

Any suggestions?

hmmm, gun sounds are always going to be extremely resonant, don't know about the grunts since i have 100+ days of fall dmg.
  • Special Granades my cause some extra sound but if you watch the explosion closely, any ghost hopping pass the animation will be reviled, there are ups and downs to using special nades
  • 1nsomniac wrote: »
    Um... I don't mean to necro-post or anything, but yeah.

Any suggestions?
    Uninstall Realtek, that should solve your audio issues. If it won't install then sorry but either win8 or your hardware isn't compatible. So, the best that I can suggest is to have your computer volume at 60-70 and get rid of the radio message sounds.
    Dot_storms wrote: »
    Special Granades my cause some extra sound but if you watch the explosion closely, any ghost hopping pass the animation will be reviled, there are ups and downs to using special nades

Same as the light glitch where you can see them at certain angles, but it hardly ever happens in my experience.
  • "To avoid fall damage, once you jump off from a height be sure to hold crouch, as soon as you’re about to hit the ground hit jump and you will receive no fall damage."

Just an FYI, you don't need to crouch. The mechanic that allows you to avoid damage is based off you jumping before you hit the ground, just like B-Hopping or Double Jumping, so whether you crouch or not is irrelevant.
  • Dis guide like a sex.

My metaphors bring all the users to the thread
  • Madanki you should edit meele weapon list and add aluminium bat :)
  • [MOD]Denxi wrote: »
    "To avoid fall damage, once you jump off from a height be sure to hold crouch, as soon as you’re about to hit the ground hit jump and you will receive no fall damage."

Just an FYI, you don't need to crouch. The mechanic that allows you to avoid damage is based off you jumping before you hit the ground, just like B-Hopping or Double Jumping, so whether you crouch or not is irrelevant.
    Yeah I decided not to mention that, because you'll turn visible when you jump. I might as well mention for piece of mind, thanks.
    CFSir wrote: »
    Dis guide like a sex.
    Don't worry anyone reading, this guide is well protected ;)
    stane031 wrote: »
    Madanki you should edit meele weapon list and add aluminium bat :)
    Good point! ty
  • Update: Neq EQ plus easy instructions 100% working

Added new EQ program, works 100% on Windows. It's the easiest and best compared to Realtek. I've added to OP post but here it is below:

Equalizer APO
    Follow my instructions and you'll be fine. Only for windows, I'll keep searching for Macosx.

1. Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/
    No restart yet.

Install, select the audio devices that you use (headphones -high definition or speakers-Xfi-SoundBlaster etc etc) (NO restart yet).

2. Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/misoyx8c4258afo/GMEQ_1_desktop1.req (Save to Desktop for ease)

3. Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/h8ajhovw7danivq/wizardinstallv5.exe

Install it and do system restart

4. Open up Room EQ Wizard 5, click Meaure in top left, Continue anyway, click Start Measure, OK.

5. Click EQ top right, select the tab Equaliser: DSP1124p then select FBQ2496.

6. click EQ Filters at top of window, click blue folder (open) and select the GMEQ_1_desktop1.req you downloaded (to desktop in Step 2). click save (icon next to blue folder on the right), name it gmeq1, and again name it gmeq1 save to Desktop.

7. go to main REW window, File> Export> Export Filters as text, name it gmeq1, again name it gmeq1 save to desktop.

8. Close down REW, click Save to save the measurement.

9. Copy the gmeq1.txt on your desktop then go to C:\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\config and paste it. Open the Config.txt file, rename Include: example.txt into Include: gmeq1.txt and save.

Now you should hear an immediate change in audio, it will sound very different. This is 100% correct and you have been successful :)

To Disable
    To disable the EQ (turn back to normal audio) open Config.txt and change Include: gmeq1.txt to Include: none.txt and you're back to normal.

To Enable
    To re-enable the EQ audio, simply change Include: none.txt to Include: gmeq1.txt and boom! Done.
  • I have an intergrated sound card with no eq, and they call me rack in pub. One question why???