Need PC Tech Help? Post here.

Comments

• agreed. Cause those temps seem fine. If that's under load.

It depends on the card really. My card is fine even up to 90
  • Good I found this thread, can you tell me what type of graphic card I should buy? (runs crossfire on 200 fps in a 8v8 and runs css smoothly, 150 british pounds max. )
  • Good I found this thread, can you tell me what type of graphic card I should buy? (runs crossfire on 200 fps in a 8v8 and runs css smoothly, 150 british pounds max. )

a link on amazon.co.uk would be great *.*

It wouldnt help you in Crossfire. I suggest getting a new processor.
  • Giggletron wrote: »
    It wouldnt help you in Crossfire. I suggest getting a new processor.

I was only thinking of a graphic card since mine broke down and if I play any game more than 15 minutes my monitor turns off and my computer freezes. :(
  • I was only thinking of a graphic card since mine broke down and if I play any game more than 15 minutes my monitor turns off and my computer freezes. :(

How do you know its the graphics card? If that crashes it will default to your onboard graphics
    How do you know its the graphics card? If that crashes it will default to your onboard graphics

I don't actually, I just assumed it was my graphics card, dafuq is onboard graphics?

If I turn css into 1280x720 as soon as I press enter same thing happens :(
  • Still don't for see the combo on one chip ever being a good idea. But that's just me. I guess I more so use my chip for its sole purpose and along side it a graphics card. As it was made to be. Guess I'm old fashion.

It's actually good to have a built in graphic chip. It's like a junior crossfire setup with a dedicated graphic card together.

A laptop with AMD A8 and a dedicated decent graphics card can run most games with high settings smoothly.

SynBlind wrote: »
    im not gonna play high intense games. my budget is very low, if it wasn't i would just get myself an Intel but at 3.6 i think it will run crossfire/combat arms/ava etc just fine. i don't need high end stuff. not gonna overclock it or anything.
    if anyone could find me a better processor/graphics card with around the price range of what i have provided then that would be great.
    i am willing to spend a little more on a graphics card though.
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0384843

If you dont want the very top performance get a refurbished Asus or Acer i7 or FX for around 350 (without windows) to 500 dollars(windows7).

You can easily get 150 fps or more with 16 players with a 150 to 200 dollars graphics card and 8 gb ram.

Just google 'i7 desktop refurbised' or go to AMD website, they direct you to their vendors, u can list by price low to high.

If you need help, I can find them for you, if you live in the US.
  • Ight you doing a full overhaul or upgrading a prebuilt case? Or do you have a custom case already?
    basically a full overhaul of my hp. i never paid for it either, my dad bought it 6-7 years ago and it broke but after a while i was able to fix it. now i just want to upgrade it.
    Tecumtha wrote: »
    It's actually good to have a built in graphic chip. It's like a junior crossfire setup with a dedicated graphic card together.

A laptop with AMD A8 and a dedicated decent graphics card can run most games with high settings smoothly.

If you dont want the very top performance get a refurbished Asus or Acer i7 or FX for around 350 (without windows) to 500 dollars(windows7).

You can easily get 150 fps or more with 16 players with a 150 to 200 dollars graphics card and 8 gb ram.

Just google 'i7 desktop refurbised' or go to AMD website, they direct you to their vendors, u can list by price low to high.

If you need help, I can find them for you, if you live in the US.

ill see if i can find one, the items im buying are under 300.
  • Would you recommend buying a sound card? (I don't only play CF) I use the onboard audio from this motherboard

Was looking at the sound blaster recon3d surround sound. Opinions? I know pretty much nothing about computers '_'
    He never said you absolutely need one. I would have read that as a suggestion rather than the only possible solution ever for overclocking. And tbh.... you're not gonna get very far overclocking air cooling it anyway. So yeah.. for best results, you would need a water cooler.

Yes he did you sarcastic person.
    Tecumtha wrote: »
    The FX black edition 3.6 ghz is the better one, you will have to get a watercooler for the overclocking on it.
  • zehctius wrote: »
    Would you recommend buying a sound card? (I don't only play CF) I use the onboard audio from this motherboard

Was looking at the sound blaster recon3d surround sound. Opinions? I know pretty much nothing about computers '_'

yes it will sound much more interesting, but not a 20 dollar cheap one. u can get a good one for 40, 50 dollars. i have the Asus Xonar DX, the sound is like listening to a receiver. I bought it for 60 dollars.

it may even speed up the game just slightly as it helps process the sound better.
  • Tecumtha wrote: »
    yes it will sound much more interesting, but not a 20 dollar cheap one. u can get a good one for 40, 50 dollars. i have the Asus Xonar DX, the sound is like listening to a receiver. I bought it for 60 dollars.

it may even speed up the game just slightly as it helps process the sound better.

Hmmm...... the soundcard actually will use process power to work.
    So if you got a single or a lower end dual core Cpu U will notice a fps drop.
    Mostly around 10 is average fps drope but it can get up to 30 for single core's if you use a creative sound blast on highest quallty(would be 96k)
  • Hmmm...... the soundcard actually will use process power to work.
    So if you got a single or a lower end dual core Cpu U will notice a fps drop.
    Mostly around 10 is average fps drope but it can get up to 30 for single core's if you use a creative sound blast on highest quallty(would be 96k)

APU can offload some work from CPU, like a gaming network card and offload some Ethernet workload from CPU.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/185192-28-soundblaster-makes-games-faster-compared
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=336921

I don't have any snap-crackle-pop sound in game with my Xonar DX, that I had before with the onboard Realtek.
  • Tecumtha wrote: »
    APU can offload some work from CPU, like a gaming network card and offload some Ethernet workload from CPU.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/185192-28-soundblaster-makes-games-faster-compared
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=336921

I don't have any snap-crackle-pop sound in game with my Xonar DX, that I had before with the onboard Realtek.

Got a creative sound blaster audigy SE
    And I do get some crackling sound but really only happens like once a 3 times max a week.
    And my FPS dropped like 20 a 30 since I use the card only happened in CF some other games didn't had sound problems but the fps did drop.
    And that is on the 4GB/2.9 P4/X300 card

Tried it on a Intel due core and had no problems with that one.
  • I have gotten a new motherboard from my uncle but i can't seem to find out what case i need for it. I don't know what the motherboard is called but he gave me a pack of papers and on top it says Desktop Computer Specifications. Also, he gave me another paper that says System Board Components. Someone please help me find out what case i need. I would really like to install this to get better fps.
  • I've seen lot of stupid post over here.

1: Air cooling is more efficient than water cooling, it's a fact. Only fully controlled temperature such as immersed computer will have a better "water" cooling, Air cooling is very but very efficient because it's more "volatile" get 8 pipe of heat transfer and a double fanned disposal and it will let your 4 ghz 4(8) core processor cool to around 35-40 Celsius. Water cooling just look's better.

2: Sound card and other card type are not required to be if you don't "need it" because your integrated one might do as much as what you wish to use, it will just be a waste of money, electricity and you will over heat your case. Most of recent motherboard have decent integration (exception of the graphic)

3: You don't need more than 8 gigs of ram if you're only into gaming, people who video edit and multitask hardcore will need more because the software will use it to process render more efficiently.

4: Don't overclock, overclocking is just a way to tell the hz clock inside the processor to not check what it's doing, so more chance of error, faster dying unit and it will overall not be as efficient as you expected. Also it will overheat and due to such things the unit will lose it's point to be.

5: 1 gpu of higher quality is better than 2 of lower quality, reason is the proccessing unit inside of the newer version actually process faster, it's like choosing between a intel i5(3ghz) and a intel celeron (5ghz) the i5 will still be faster due to a better use of the data. same goes with the graphic card.

6: When you look at power supply unit(psu) don't only look on the watt, also take a look at the rail, the volt and the notation of the series. (Your whole computer will depend on such things so choose it with care)
  • sexypimp1 wrote: »
    I have gotten a new motherboard from my uncle but i can't seem to find out what case i need for it. I don't know what the motherboard is called but he gave me a pack of papers and on top it says Desktop Computer Specifications. Also, he gave me another paper that says System Board Components. Someone please help me find out what case i need. I would really like to install this to get better fps.

We need to know if it's worth something like.

Evga x58 sli3 or stuff like that. on top of your motherboard.

Something in middle of it. A brand name and a board name, if I ask you such things it's to know if your motherboard is a atx or mini-atx but also to know if it will be compatible with what you do have right now.
  • My pc is AMD Bulldozer 8120 ,i very happy for your performance and fair price!
  • We need to know if it's worth something like.

Evga x58 sli3 or stuff like that. on top of your motherboard.

Something in middle of it. A brand name and a board name, if I ask you such things it's to know if your motherboard is a atx or mini-atx but also to know if it will be compatible with what you do have right now.

I have a top picture of it and a side picture of it where you plug in the video cord, sound cord, and mouse and keyboard. Also it says Dell in the middle of the board. I was told it is worth around 500 dollars, but I don't know.
  • As far As I know Dell don't have any motherboard that fit the bulldozer.

The only computer that use amd with dell is the optiplex 580 which use a3 socket when the bulldozer us 3a+

also if you provide pictures I will be able to see what you can do with it and also let you know the real value of the thing. But don't go all mad at your grandfather he's doing it because he loves you alright ?
  • As far As I know Dell don't have any motherboard that fit the bulldozer.

The only computer that use amd with dell is the optiplex 580 which use a3 socket when the bulldozer us 3a+

also if you provide pictures I will be able to see what you can do with it and also let you know the real value of the thing. But don't go all mad at your grandfather he's doing it because he loves you alright ?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/motherboard.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/motherboardside.jpg/
    and i won't lol it came with 3.8 ghz cpu anyway.

to me that looks like a micro-ATX mobo...so you'd need a micro-atx compatible case...but dont quote me on that ;)
  • to me that looks like a micro-ATX mobo...so you'd need a micro-atx compatible case...but dont quote me on that ;)
    It's a micro. Thing is tiny. :)

if you want to know my opinion, that's a micro-ATX and that MB is a bad choice for gaming.
  • It's a micro. Thing is tiny. :)

heard that before.

ouch ;)
  • Yeah it's what I tought it would be but even worst.

It's a Dell OptiPlex 755 MT Y255C.

A motherboard used for dell optiplex station, it's worth a big 60-90$ brand new.

As for the "worst" it's also not usable with amd, it's a intel chipset so your bulldozer wouldn't run on it.

I believe your actual motherboard is worth more than this one if you're using bulldozer amd processor.

also that motherboard might not even fit a regular case due to the fact it's "dell" fabrication and it's purpose is to go in an optiplex case. If you look a the screw hole location it's placed as a custom rig even if it would maybe fit a mini atx case.

But finally this motherboard is really not worth it you shouldn't bother with it.
  • Got a creative sound blaster audigy SE
    And I do get some crackling sound but really only happens like once a 3 times max a week.
    And my FPS dropped like 20 a 30 since I use the card only happened in CF some other games didn't had sound problems but the fps did drop.
    And that is on the 4GB/2.9 P4/X300 card

Tried it on a Intel due core and had no problems with that one.

Creative audigy SE is ancient, if I remember correctly.

Should get a higher end soundcard.
  • I've seen lot of stupid post over here.

1: Air cooling is more efficient than water cooling, it's a fact. Only fully controlled temperature such as immersed computer will have a better "water" cooling, Air cooling is very but very efficient because it's more "volatile" get 8 pipe of heat transfer and a double fanned disposal and it will let your 4 ghz 4(8) core processor cool to around 35-40 Celsius. Water cooling just look's better.

2: Sound card and other card type are not required to be if you don't "need it" because your integrated one might do as much as what you wish to use, it will just be a waste of money, electricity and you will over heat your case. Most of recent motherboard have decent integration (exception of the graphic)

3: You don't need more than 8 gigs of ram if you're only into gaming, people who video edit and multitask hardcore will need more because the software will use it to process render more efficiently.

4: Don't overclock, overclocking is just a way to tell the hz clock inside the processor to not check what it's doing, so more chance of error, faster dying unit and it will overall not be as efficient as you expected. Also it will overheat and due to such things the unit will lose it's point to be.

5: 1 gpu of higher quality is better than 2 of lower quality, reason is the proccessing unit inside of the newer version actually process faster, it's like choosing between a intel i5(3ghz) and a intel celeron (5ghz) the i5 will still be faster due to a better use of the data. same goes with the graphic card.

6: When you look at power supply unit(psu) don't only look on the watt, also take a look at the rail, the volt and the notation of the series. (Your whole computer will depend on such things so choose it with care)

However gaming enthusias have been overclocking since the 90's.
    OC and liquidcooling go hand in hand, if u dont OC there is no need for LC. Having liquidcooling for intense overclocking is needed.

The guiness record of OC:

http://youtu.be/UKN4VMOenNM

I am not OCing at this moment because I dont want to spend the money...yet. But if I have the money I will OC the Bulldozer or the i7 3770k to 5.0 GHZ