CF Anti Hacking Measures - Z8Games Hates hackers too!

Comments

• krethi wrote: »
    Another idea:

Give the host of a game room the possibilty to BLOCK ID and so they can't enter the room ...

There is so much you can do, but ...

Let me carry this one for you.

There is so much you can do, but there will always be people, which either troll or be immature and will abuse the system.
  • This game shouls be known as Hackfire!!!!!!!!

I have played this game since 2009,this use to be a fun game,now its just brs,laggers,an hakers.Its a shame that z8 pays for this service,xtrap is garbage,they arent doin there jobs so they should fired,the ppl that are legit is the 1s getting the shaft,i love to play this game but something needs to be done an soon.
  • Have to agree Whitewolf....the hackers are just as bad as ever....the primary one is the wallers and it's a shame cuz you can see the same people doing it and I see it mostly during Egypt.....would think they could change the map or something that changes the code for that map or at least have an admin go into these rooms more often...I have never seen an admin in any room....the other thing that needs to be fixed is the kick program...sad when the approves outnumber the disapproves but kick is denied.Funny to see a low ranking player get over 200 kills and only 5 deaths....oh well.
  • Have to agree Whitewolf....the hackers are just as bad as ever....the primary one is the wallers and it's a shame cuz you can see the same people doing it and I see it mostly during Egypt.....would think they could change the map or something that changes the code for that map or at least have an admin go into these rooms more often...I have never seen an admin in any room....the other thing that needs to be fixed is the kick program...sad when the approves outnumber the disapproves but kick is denied.Funny to see a low ranking player get over 200 kills and only 5 deaths....oh well.

Yea, a heck load of wallers and aimbots who are in almost every td, most egypt, rooms and theyre ruining the games for legit players. Hopefully some action will be taken soon against them. Only thing we can do is to continue reporting them and pray they'll get banned.

Saidin and MODs aren't in the game much at all. Even if they were, they wouldn't be in much game rooms. Some mods are active but they have no power nor control over players in the game due to them being just forum mods. They're regular players like we are in the actual game.

Most people in td rooms won't kick those cheaters out from the rooms, which continues to annoy and disappoint legit players who are trying to enjoy the game. But again, the only thing that we can hope for is that some kind of action can be taken against those hackers.
  • Super fast speed is back :/

Just played a ZM game and 2 people were running around at break neck speeds -.-
  • Rizlah wrote: »
    Super fast speed is back :/

Just played a ZM game and 2 people were running around at break neck speeds -.-

True this too, was in a couple of Sewers knife matches last night and saw a few speed knifers on my side. Tried to kick them out but alas, I get kicked in return xP .

Just a fyi, don't play TD, youre likely to get farmed on. SnD, EM, or possibly GM is going to be the best choices, excluding mutation games and zombie mode.
  • 'A wrote:
    Teardrop;3372903']Yea, a heck load of wallers and aimbots who are in almost every td, most egypt, rooms and theyre ruining the games for legit players. Hopefully some action will be taken soon against them. Only thing we can do is to continue reporting them and pray they'll get banned.

Saidin and MODs aren't in the game much at all. Even if they were, they wouldn't be in much game rooms. Some mods are active but they have no power nor control over players in the game due to them being just forum mods. They're regular players like we are in the actual game.

Most people in td rooms won't kick those cheaters out from the rooms, which continues to annoy and disappoint legit players who are trying to enjoy the game. But again, the only thing that we can hope for is that some kind of action can be taken against those hackers.
    I think Saidin should go into a few Egypt TD games under a different name and see what goes on....not likely he will
  • I think Saidin should go into a few Egypt TD games under a different name and see what goes on....not likely he will

They know whats going on lol. They dont need to go 'undercover' and check out the situations themselves.
  • Maybe they should make give some responsible people the power to do temp ban in game.
  • I have played this game since 2009,this use to be a fun game,now its just brs,laggers,an hakers.Its a shame that z8 pays for this service,xtrap is garbage,they arent doin there jobs so they should fired,the ppl that are legit is the 1s getting the shaft,i love to play this game but something needs to be done an soon.

+1 agree
  • Thanks Teardrop for answering those statements/questions.

great help. :)
  • You guys probably already know about this but in case you don't, Zombie Mode is being plagued with hackers as well. As far as I know there's no way to report them because you can't save a replay of a ZM game, but the most common hack they're using allows them to do high damage, in most cases one-shot kills of zombies including the boss. A few people I saw using that hack also apparently used a speed hack that allowed them to run from the bottom of Crater to the top in like 5 seconds, it's easily the fastest speed hack I've ever seen.
  • voyager40 wrote: »
    damage, in most cases one-shot kills of zombies including the boss. A few people I saw using that hack also apparently used a speed hack that allowed them to run from the bottom of Crater to the top in like 5 seconds, it's easily the fastest speed hack I've ever seen.

Saw this last night too, his speed was around like across map from one side to the other in 0.2 seconds, like 900MPH.. also 1 hitting with p90/glock (or some smg)
  • i think u guys should ban ip addresses it like rooting the hacking. I know that they can change it, but at least it slows them down. I really don't see what they get from hacking.
  • Please implement this feature. This would greatly reduce the 'unnecessary' amount of people in the game.

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=235597&page=5
  • good job !!!

Good job guys !

I know how it's difficult to deal with hackers. I decided, and suggest to all 'non hackers' to do the same, to leave a room where hackers are and let them play together. At least I spare my time and nerves lol.

Just to answer JA_Romore about banning IP addresses, some countries have providers that dont give a specific IP address and the IP address changes every time you connect.
    JA_Romore wrote: »
    i think u guys should ban ip addresses it like rooting the hacking. I know that they can change it, but at least it slows them down. I really don't see what they get from hacking.

Thanks a lot and have fun everybody!
  • I've stopped playing CF. I'm going to wait a few weeks until this hacking problem is sorted.

I'd rather have the servers down for a few weeks, where the devs/xtrap can put all efforts into working on hackers.
  • I hope they clean it up a bit before the patch , if ya know what I mean
  • Thanks Teardrop for answering those statements/questions.

great help. :)
    Hey hey man lol, I'm always up for helping out, even as a non-moderator :D .
    JA_Romore wrote: »
    i think u guys should ban ip addresses it like rooting the hacking. I know that they can change it, but at least it slows them down. I really don't see what they get from hacking.
    It's been suggested quite many times before. Unfortunately it's not likely to happen though. IP bans can be bypassed easily.
    Please implement this feature. This would greatly reduce the 'unnecessary' amount of people in the game.

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=235597&page=5

Text messages do cost a lot of money, they're not at all free.
    Where would the cheaters go then? By limiting other servers, it'll start to crowd the available servers. Not a good idea imo.
  • Peer based cheat detection.
    Add some simple ai to the client that can determine players running too fast and shooting through walls.
    If 10 out of 16 clients detect someone moving too fast or walling they could automatically vote kick the cheater silently.

No bans required for that extremely rare probability of false positive.
    No server overhead required.
    Can only be circumvented if the room has more than half the players cheating.

why not add something like this?
  • Grimmicus wrote: »
    Peer based cheat detection.
    Add some simple ai to the client that can determine players running too fast and shooting through walls.
    If 10 out of 16 clients detect someone moving too fast or walling they could automatically vote kick the cheater silently.

No bans required for that extremely rare probability of false positive.
    No server overhead required.
    Can only be circumvented if the room has more than half the players cheating.

why not add something like this?

There's no point of doing that. When that happens and that cheater gets booted out from the room, that person'll just simply join another room and cheat there. Bans are still required to keep the amount of cheaters low.

Most rooms don't have more than half of the players walling or using aimbots lol. Suppose that did happen, there's still no point of having an in-game hack detection.
  • 'A wrote:
    Teardrop;3375925']There's no point of doing that. When that happens and that cheater gets booted out from the room, that person'll just simply join another room and cheat there.

Let him go to another room and get kicked again and again until the cheater is forced to play without cheats or has to find another game to play.

'A wrote:
    Teardrop;3375925']Most rooms don't have more than half of the players walling or using aimbots lol. Suppose that did happen, there's still no point of having an in-game hack detection.

Since most rooms do not have more than half the players cheating the legit clients would kick the players who do.

And we have had bans for some time now and we can all see how that is working out.

Thanks for helping to prove my point.
  • Grimmicus wrote: »
    Let him go to another room and get kicked again and again until the cheater is forced to play without cheats or has to find another game to play.

Thanks for helping to prove my point.

So what if he gets booted from every single room he joins? They're there to just ruin your enjoyment of this game.

Again, you can't not expect cheaters in a f2p fps game.
  • 'A wrote:
    Teardrop;3375971']So what if he gets booted from every single room he joins? They're there to just ruin your enjoyment of this game.

So he's not in the room to ruin my enjoyment of this game.

And I can't not expect a solution to flying mutants for a game I put REAL money into.
  • UGH !!!! This game sucks sooooooooooooooooo bad......every single game I tried to play had at least 1 if not 2 hackers....shooting through wall hacks are so bad now you cant even play a decent game.I love getting killed 20 times and not even get out of base....sad.I would love to see an admin...or even Saidin respond to some of these posts about all the hackers...you stupid security program is a freakin joke !!
  • UGH !!!! This game sucks sooooooooooooooooo bad......every single game I tried to play had at least 1 if not 2 hackers....shooting through wall hacks are so bad now you cant even play a decent game.I love getting killed 20 times and not even get out of base....sad.I would love to see an admin...or even Saidin respond to some of these posts about all the hackers...you stupid security program is a freakin joke !!

The game doesn't suck at all, you must be playing in the Rookie server because I don't see a lot of hackers anymore especially in UK1, this might just be me, but I don't.

Saidin and all the other GM's are trying there best with the problems with hackers, also with the auto-detection and the security, it is better than what you think.

With the shooting through walls hack, that'll be patched within a few days due to fact that it is a public hack (guessing its public dude to the amount of people using it).
  • 'A wrote:
    Teardrop;3375971']

That's a silly attitude to have. "It's free, so therefore it has to be run poorly and poorly maintained."?

While, yes, it's free-to-play, CrossFire is quite profitable. Saying "it's free, so deal with it" in no way lessens the right to complain about a product that the players have invested in...even if the investment is only in their time. Nor does it free Z8games from the constraints of good customer service (both ethical and practical ones).
  • I'll give z8 a pass on the blame.
    They pay good money (from the players) for anti-cheat and they get let down as much as we do.

X-trap is great when it works
    but there have been some times...
  • Daily mission is not playable anymore due to ha/cks.