Sound after Patch?

Comments

• VATAV wrote: »
    Did some retesting of ghost breath.

Back when me and gods tested out the ghost breath range (24M, 14M with BD), one needed to be in a 5 degree arc infront or behind to be heard in both ears.
    Note: "M" does not stand for meters, it just the letter variable CF uses to measure distance.

The breath range is still the same but the arc for it to be heard in both ears has widened to about 20 degrees. This may not sound like a lot but it makes a big difference in Pinpoint.

Example: (Arcs are measured by when the breath cuts off in a ear well doing a slow sweep)
    The old arc of 5 degrees and assuming the max distance of hearing ghost breath 24M.
    At 24M the arc is about 2M wide for both ears to hear the ghost, Ghost are about 1M wide so there is 1M extra space that can throw someone off. At 12M the arc is barely bigger then 1M wide, fitting the ghost perfectly.

The new arc of 20 degrees and assuming the max distance of hearing ghost breath at 24M
    At 24M the arc is now about 8M wide, ghost are only 1M wide so 7M of open space to throw someone off. At 12M the arc is 4M wide, 3M of space to throw a PP off.

PinPointing is no longer precise as it used to be.

Well explained.
    Did some retesting of ghost breath.

Back when me and gods tested out the ghost breath range (24M, 14M with BD), one needed to be in a 5 degree arc infront or behind to be heard in both ears.
    Note: "M" does not stand for meters, it just the letter variable CF uses to measure distance.

The breath range is still the same but the arc for it to be heard in both ears has widened to about 20 degrees. This may not sound like a lot but it makes a big difference in Pinpoint.

Example: (Arcs are measured by when the breath cuts off in a ear well doing a slow sweep)
    The old arc of 5 degrees and assuming the max distance of hearing ghost breath 24M.
    At 24M the arc is about 2M wide for both ears to hear the ghost, Ghost are about 1M wide so there is 1M extra space that can throw someone off. At 12M the arc is barely bigger then 1M wide, fitting the ghost perfectly.

The new arc of 20 degrees and assuming the max distance of hearing ghost breath at 24M
    At 24M the arc is now about 8M wide, ghost are only 1M wide so 7M of open space to throw someone off. At 12M the arc is 4M wide, 3M of space to throw a PP off.

PinPointing is no longer precise as it used to be.

so is this our problem or there's which is causing this to happen
  • G_host wrote: »
    Well explained.
    tris11 wrote: »
    so is this our problem or there's which is causing this to happen

Decided to retest because my PP was way more off then usual.
    Was having trouble just finding still ghost that couldn't even b hop.

I've always had trouble telling if a ghost was above or below me so I can't say anything about that. Also can't tell if ghost breath volume changed either because I've always been a Equalizer (Fill in Blank).
  • It seems the same to me (Vatav's equalizer) just the breathes are a bit off and that's all I noticed.
  • There's a new way to play it. Its changed, like most things do. You should enjoy the fact that you get to learn to pinpoint again if it seems to be something you love so much now.
  • Talonblaze wrote: »
    Seems the simple solution if things such as the volume or other sounds are too loud is just adjust your equalizer.

Such as your case you noted in your previous post.
    This doesn't help at all, I have adjusted EQ many times yesterday it was no go. At best if I can increase the amount of volume ingame I can hear the breath consistent enough, however once that happens, I can no longer tell if estimated distance from me to the ghost is accurate. As many said, left/right/up/down we can't tell these directions as clear as we usually would be able to. And another problem with increasing game volume or increasing EQ settings are, gun volume is much louder than before the patch. These are the two main faults of this patch of Ghost Mode, GR side players. I don't know if z8 is notified or will be, but it should be done. This is causing problems for many players/customers.
  • ghost mode

by reading these comments I can see that really the problem is not our computers yet something to do with the files or something to do with the patch as a few people that have commented have all said the same comments also if i ask in game a lot of gm players seem to notice what has happened
  • Bunny_ftw wrote: »
    Just listen carefouly and you will found out there is diffrence
    i cannot separate when ghost is near me or on other floor (above or under me)

It was ALWAYS like that O_o. I even tested it.
  • c0lder wrote: »
    There's a new way to play it. Its changed, like most things do. You should enjoy the fact that you get to learn to pinpoint again if it seems to be something you love so much now.

How can you learn to pinpoint breath that's everywhere?

And Talon, the majority of players who are not experiencing this problem probably and most likely don't know how to pinpoint. This is most likely the case because what do we see in pubs every day... Players that don't know how to use sound.... Reinstalling has not really helped those so far and we all know Crossfire is known for having problems right after patches...... Vatav just proved it as well, therefore it's Crossfire's problem. My best guess would be that the sound changed most likely due to that new map.. Maybe they messed with the sound files too much while trying to create a different sound for underwater? :/ Idk.
    Decided to retest because my PP was way more off then usual.
    Was having trouble just finding still ghost that couldn't even b hop.

I've always had trouble telling if a ghost was above or below me so I can't say anything about that. Also can't tell if ghost breath volume changed either because I've always been a Equalizer (Fill in Blank).

The volume levels have definitely changed. I mean before the patch I could have someone spraying a mp5-A right next to me and I would still pin point as if the sprayer wasnt even there. Now tho all I hear is the MP5-A and cannot hear the breath at all.

I've never used a eq so thats definitely not the problem.
  • How can you learn to pinpoint breath that's everywhere?

And Talon, the majority of players who are not experiencing this problem probably and most likely don't know how to pinpoint. This is most likely the case because what do we see in pubs every day... Players that don't know how to use sound.... Reinstalling has not really helped those so far and we all know Crossfire is known for having problems right after patches...... Vatav just proved it as well, therefore it's Crossfire's problem. My best guess would be that the sound changed most likely due to that new map.. Maybe they messed with the sound files too much while trying to create a different sound for underwater? :/ Idk.

yeah, they probably tampered with the sounds too much trying to make that gay underwater map.
  • G_host wrote: »
    yeah, they probably tampered with the sounds too much trying to make that gay underwater map.

I dont understand why they would have to touch the ghost breath sound for that new map. That sound isnt even used in there.
  • Hopefully, I can still pinpoint...

Even if the sound is bugged you can still pin point but you just gotta spray a little more :/
  • Even if the sound is bugged you can still pin point but you just gotta spray a little more :/
    Well, there go my ear drums.
  • I dont understand why they would have to touch the ghost breath sound for that new map. That sound isnt even used in there.

Well, I'm just going off a hunch...
    Sometimes I would mess around with my EQ and turn on bass boost or whatever and it would make the breath sound louder. I'm pretty sure I have everything in my EQ turned off; bass boost, cmss-3d, EQ. I played a couple of matches in that underwater map... Sounds like I turned on my bass boost, which also affected Ghost's breath before, so there might be some connection. Not certain though.. The sounds definitely have been messed with. I can understand how gun sounds have been changed because of that map.
  • I've adjusted my EQ to get breath back to normal. But the only thing wrong now is there is a significant addition to the delay in breath for someone who can hop decently. Kind of annoying really.
  • Ryan_Fish wrote: »
    I've adjusted my EQ to get breath back to normal. But the only thing wrong now is there is a significant addition to the delay in breath for someone who can hop decently. Kind of annoying really.

Psst Ryan, help me out. :]]?
  • The sound has definitely changed.

Right after the patch I was playing GM and was actually confused whilst PP'ing, the ghosts were not where I was hearing them.

Prior to the patch when you heard a ghost in both ears equally then you would shoot straight ahead and hit the ghosts, maybe sometimes your a little off but you find them.

However after this patch doing the above is not so easy as there is no distinct sound to indicate exactly where they are in front of you, it's like they are somewhere between 2 or 3 tiles.

I do great in GM and usually ACE and I play it all the time, and even though the sound is messed up I have adapted to it and still ACE rooms but it is still messed up.
  • Chimpzz wrote: »
    The sound has definitely changed.

Right after the patch I was playing GM and was actually confused whilst PP'ing, the ghosts were not where I was hearing them.

Prior to the patch when you heard a ghost in both ears equally then you would shoot straight ahead and hit the ghosts, maybe sometimes your a little off but you find them.

However after this patch doing the above is not so easy as there is no distinct sound to indicate exactly where they are in front of you, it's like they are somewhere between 2 or 3 tiles.

I do great in GM and usually ACE and I play it all the time, and even though the sound is messed up I have adapted to it and still ACE rooms but it is still messed up.
    If anything it's only harder pp, but we Gr side players still should be able to do good scores and such. Still I would like a proper solution to this problem.
  • Alright I did a bit of testing of my own and VATAV is correct.

Pinpointing is not as precise as it used to be. This does create a few problems for pinpointers. Yes, technically it's "harder" to pinpoint but not by a huge factor. You will for the most part have some minor difficulty PPing still targets because of the larger hearing arc now. For moving targets, it'll be pretty much the same. The solution is pretty obvious for me: Spray.

Since it's not precise anymore, you'll be letting your bullets fly in the general direction of where you think the target is.

Ghost mode has always been like a seesaw with a fat kid on one side and a skinny one on the other; thinking that if they switch seats they can balance the seesaw.

The way I see it, this unannounced "fix" was to balance Ghost mode. We can all agree that Pinpointing is quite Overpowered. What did it do in reality? Direct opposite. Man, I'm taking my M60 everywhere, I don't even give a crap. I'm not letting go of my left click till everything is dead.

Also, no, this fix has nothing to do with the .REZ files. It's how the engine outputs the sounds from the .REZ files. So it's not corrupt .REZ files, therefore, stop reinstalling.

Think of how back in the day we had that jump physics change. Prior to it, bhopping was ridiculously hard! Then came the fix and it made things better. Hooray!

I see this fix as that all over again. My advice? Get used to it. You will NOT, never, ever, ever never, ever be seeing this change reverted. Pinky promise. So go get em M60's and Dual Uzis. It's rabbit hunting season.
  • iPhoenixi wrote: »
    It's rabbit hunting season.

Where are you Bugs Bunny? =D
  • ghostmode

I see this fix as that all over again. My advice? Get used to it. You will NOT, never, ever, ever never, ever be seeing this change reverted. Pinky promise. So go get em M60's and Dual Uzis. It's rabbit hunting season.[/QUOTE]

That's just ridiculous then there is no skill any ghost mode any as its all spraying is it besides if something has changed it should be put back to how it was before the patch is none of these problems were meant to happen therefore its a problem which needs to be fixed
    Alright I did a bit of testing of my own and VATAV is correct.

Pinpointing is not as precise as it used to be. This does create a few problems for pinpointers. Yes, technically it's "harder" to pinpoint but not by a huge factor. You will for the most part have some minor difficulty PPing still targets because of the larger hearing arc now. For moving targets, it'll be pretty much the same. The solution is pretty obvious for me: Spray.

Since it's not precise anymore, you'll be letting your bullets fly in the general direction of where you think the target is.

Ghost mode has always been like a seesaw with a fat kid on one side and a skinny one on the other; thinking that if they switch seats they can balance the seesaw.

The way I see it, this unannounced "fix" was to balance Ghost mode. We can all agree that Pinpointing is quite Overpowered. What did it do in reality? Direct opposite. Man, I'm taking my M60 everywhere, I don't even give a crap. I'm not letting go of my left click till everything is dead.

Also, no, this fix has nothing to do with the .REZ files. It's how the engine outputs the sounds from the .REZ files. So it's not corrupt .REZ files, therefore, stop reinstalling.

Think of how back in the day we had that jump physics change. Prior to it, bhopping was ridiculously hard! Then came the fix and it made things better. Hooray!

I see this fix as that all over again. My advice? Get used to it. You will NOT, never, ever, ever never, ever be seeing this change reverted. Pinky promise. So go get em M60's and Dual Uzis. It's rabbit hunting season.

If it was meant as a "fix"....why are some people NOT experiencing it?
  • If it was meant as a "fix"....why are some people NOT experiencing it?

Who's not experiencing it?

One person?

Are you suggesting that this is a glitch that affects only a minority? In other words it chooses which crossfire clients to infect? Could it be.. an AI crossfire Virus? Oh dear god, it couldn't be.

One person?

Are you suggesting that this is a glitch that affects only a minority? In other words it chooses which crossfire clients to infect? Could it be.. an AI crossfire Virus? Oh dear god, it couldn't be.

Lol some hardcore cyber shet we going into now?

One person?

are you suggesting that bugs\glitches only ever affect everyone?

Are you really this dumb?

only one person states that there's no difference and your conclusion is that he must be the only one not experiencing it........really?

Wouldn't it make more sense to assume that if a GM player isn't here discussing this......it's probably because it doesn't affect them.

How often do people report bugs that do not affect them?

A hardware dependant bug would only affect the people with certain hardware.

How about a bug that only affects people using a specific driver?

So you can take your AI crossfire virus comment and stick it up yer ....
  • tris11 wrote: »

That's just ridiculous then there is no skill any ghost mode any as its all spraying is it besides if something has changed it should be put back to how it was before the patch is none of these problems were meant to happen therefore its a problem which needs to be fixed
    Well for one, there hasn't been any skill in Ghost Mode for a very long time anyways.
    If it was meant as a "fix"....why are some people NOT experiencing it?
    Everyone is experiencing it, some people are just to stubborn to admit it.
    are you suggesting that bugs\glitches only ever affect everyone?

Are you really this dumb?

only one person states that there's no difference and your conclusion is that he must be the only one not experiencing it........really?

Wouldn't it make more sense to assume that if a GM player isn't here discussing this......it's probably because it doesn't affect them.

How often do people report bugs that do not affect them?

A hardware dependant bug would only affect the people with certain hardware.

How about a bug that only affects people using a specific driver?

So you can take your AI crossfire virus comment and stick it up yer ....
    It's affecting everyone.
This discussion has been closed.