Sound after Patch?

Comments

• ghost mode

To me there is a problem with the sound its like you cant pinpoint ghost that well any more and you cant tell if there left or right the breath is in both ears the guns sound a bit to loud can hear them from far away even if there silenced and the footsteps seem to over take the breath at certain points
  • tris11 wrote: »
    the guns sound a bit to loud can hear them from far away even if there silenceds

I definitely noticed that too :(
    To me there is a problem with the sound its like you cant pinpoint ghost that well any more and you cant tell if there left or right the breath is in both ears the guns sound a bit to loud can hear them from far away even if there silenced and the footsteps seem to over take the breath at certain points

I couldn't have explained it any better. That's exactly the problem me and a lot of ghost moders are having. I suggest z8 fix this or put it back to the way it was if they don't want to lose many zp buying gm players.
  • Bunny_ftw wrote: »
    Just listen carefouly and you will found out there is diffrence
    i cannot separate when ghost is near me or on other floor (above or under me)
    Me too.
    I was playing GM Missions today and noticed my PP was waaayyy off. I cold not tell which direction is a ghost whether he/she is top bottom, left or right, the whole breathe turned into surround sound. -_- And the guns are indeed louder than the breathe now, yes even for silenced guns, I couldn't tell. When I used M4 silver yesterday, I can hear the breathe, and I kept shooting, but I can't even PP when hes right beside me -.- Please fix this.

And for all the people that says it hasn't changed, believe us IT HAS CHANGED. That's because maybe you don't play GM enough to realize it. And NO, I may be using a crappy Turtle Beach X11, but it's still descent enough to PP in the past when I was playing MOTGII with Contagion. -.-

Hope we can get Z8's attention here and fix this asap.
    tris11 wrote: »

Well said.
    Nuff said.
  • And for all the people that says it hasn't changed, believe us IT HAS CHANGED. That's because maybe you don't play GM enough to realize it. And NO, I may be using a crappy Turtle Beach X11, but it's still descent enough to PP in the past when I was playing MOTGII with Contagion. -.-

That's a rather rude assumption. I've been probably playing GM longer than you've had an account here.

I haven't noticed any significant difference to be perfectly honest. Breath volume has been the norm for people with or without BD.

The above and below breath difference was always a distance factor to determine, and it still is.
    The game isn't stereo, so that means breath can only come out of two areas. Right or Left. If its coming from both sides, they are obviously in front or behind you. It's always been like this.

Nothing has changed.
  • are you guys still using the new default font?

I changed mine back to Gulim, things didn't seem as bad......or maybe i am just getting used to it.

somebody wanna try it?

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=214120
  • Talonblaze wrote: »
    That's a rather rude assumption. I've been probably playing GM longer than you've had an account here.

I haven't noticed any significant difference to be perfectly honest. Breath volume has been the norm for people with or without BD.

The above and below breath difference was always a distance factor to determine, and it still is.
    The game isn't stereo, so that means breath can only come out of two areas. Right or Left. If its coming from both sides, they are obviously in front or behind you. It's always been like this.

Nothing has changed.

Well, if nothing has changed, why are players experiencing this coincidentally after this patch? We wouldn't just make up stories for this so Z8 can buff the direction of the breathes....
  • Well, if nothing has changed, why are players experiencing this coincidentally after this patch? We wouldn't just make up stories for this so Z8 can buff the direction of the breathes....

Maybe they need to turn their headphones around. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I was playing GM all day. If the sound was as screwed up as that, I wouldn't have been doing good at all.

There's been just as many people saying there hasn't been any issues, so there has to be something else wrong, otherwise everyone would be experiencing such.

IF it was a global issue, like the Smoke change patch was, then everyone would notice such a dramatic difference.
  • ghost mode2

talon blaze you said that nothing just asking have your tryed a 1v1 with a friend had matched up the marker of the gun to the ghost and found no difference with the sound also I don't see how many people that play gm all of a sudden say the sound has changed in some sort of way and you have not noticed it unless there is something wrong with all of our headphones which is unlikely
    talon blaze you said that nothing just asking have your tryed a 1v1 with a friend had matched up the marker of the gun to the ghost and found no difference with the sound also I don't see how many people that play gm all of a sudden say the sound has changed in some sort of way and you have not noticed it unless there is something wrong with all of our headphones which is unlikely

Exactly. Even though I imagined you saying it as a BR. LOL
  • Exactly. Even though I imagined you saying it as a BR. LOL

don't know what you mean but if you wondering if I am a Brazilian I am English if you don't mean that then plz explain

Nothing has changed.

Just because the patch hasn't affected the game's sound on YOUR computer doesn't mean nothing has changed. Don't be ignorant. Get on a different pc or even ask other gm players in pubs and most will tell you sound is different.
  • There is definitely a difference, I noticed it my first game of the day. And it is very gay.
  • G_host wrote: »
    Just because the patch hasn't affected the game's sound on YOUR computer doesnt mean it nothing has changed. Don't be ignorant. Get on a different pc or even ask other gm players in pubs and most will tell you sound is different.

If they had done any sort of changes to the sound files or messed with equalizer settings in their game, it wouldn't have mattered what computer or set of headphones a person would wear, the sound would have been different in every case. Regardless if the user changed how their computer outputs sound or not.

For all you know, you could simply have corrupt REZ files not outputting sound properly. The only people I've heard complain about any sort of breath change since the patch are the ones in this thread. Which are currently a very tiny minority.

Knowing the CF community, I wouldn't need to ask. I'd just have to join and hear people complaining. The fact I haven't heard anyone else complain about it, seems to show there isn't an issue.
    I have alot of friends that do PP, FYI. The only game modes I usually play is GM.
    If they had done any sort of changes to the sound files or messed with equalizer settings in their game, it wouldn't have mattered what computer or set of headphones a person would wear, the sound would have been different in every case. Regardless if the user changed how their computer outputs sound or not.

For all you know, you could simply have corrupt REZ files not outputting sound properly. The only people I've heard complain about any sort of breath change since the patch are the ones in this thread. Which are currently a very tiny minority.

Knowing the CF community, I wouldn't need to ask. I'd just have to join and hear people complaining. The fact I haven't heard anyone else complain about it, seems to show there isn't an issue.
    I have alot of friends that do PP, FYI. The only game modes I usually play is GM.

I can't tell if you're in denial or just plain ignorant or both. There is obviously a problem or a glitch in many gm player's sound after the patch. Now the only people I know that don't notice a difference have an aftermarket soundcard. Even if if only the minority of people are having issues now, how is it fair? It would ease everyone's pain to just change the ghost breath to the way it was before. Along with the zombie mode glitches. Or are you too ignorant to see that too?
  • ghost mode
    Talonblaze wrote: »

if the REZ files are not outputting right i have updated the game the patch was on and had the problem then today i have reinstalled CF and the same problem, so I don't see this being the problem if you say u have no problem then i don't see how you can not of noticed the sound is louder in breath and gun shots also the footsteps of the players seem to be louder
    I can't tell if you're in denial or just plain ignorant or both. There is obviously a problem or a glitch in many gm player's sound after the patch. Now the only people I know that don't notice a difference have an aftermarket soundcard. Even if if only the minority of people are having issues now, how is it fair? It would ease everyone's pain to just change the ghost breath to the way it was before. Along with the zombie mode glitches. Or are you too ignorant to see that too?

If its a glitch, have you tried reinstalling? You know, that's usually the first thing someone does when they are encountering a problem. Troubleshoot.

As for your thing about the minority, welcome to life. The minority always gets the short end of the stick. For a company, it's better to please the majority over the minority. If they decide they have time to fix the little stuff, they will.

Assuming the problem isn't on your end to begin with.

I haven't played ZM, nor do I plan to while the event is going on.
    Chances are if everyone is encountering it though, that would be a Global bug. Which unlike yours, everyone experiences.

There's plenty of Global bugs such as the new sniper not emitting sound as well, even the deaf pubbers can tell that.
  • ghost mode

so if this is our problem yet we have not changed anything to do with our computers except update CF then how do you suppose we fix this
    so if this is our problem yet we have not changed anything to do with our computers except update CF then how do you suppose we fix this

Seems the simple solution if things such as the volume or other sounds are too loud is just adjust your equalizer.

Such as your case you noted in your previous post.
    If its a glitch, have you tried reinstalling? You know, that's usually the first thing someone does when they are encountering a problem. Troubleshoot.

As for your thing about the minority, welcome to life. The minority always gets the short end of the stick. For a company, it's better to please the majority over the minority. If they decide they have time to fix the little stuff, they will.

Assuming the problem isn't on your end to begin with.

I haven't played ZM, nor do I plan to while the event is going on.
    Chances are if everyone is encountering it though, that would be a Global bug. Which unlike yours, everyone experiences.

There's plenty of Global bugs such as the new sniper not emitting sound as well, even the deaf pubbers can tell that.

I have reinstalled and so have several others.
    And I have heard from enough people in game and have taken enough screenshots of them complaining about sound to back up the fact that the people experiencing this glitch is a majority, not the minority.

The point I am trying to make is that when the gm zp buyers quit the game (including me) it would benefit z8 to fix this bug by simply replacing the ghost audio file with the old one. Much like with changing the font.
    Seems the simple solution if things such as the volume or other sounds are too loud is just adjust your equalizer.

Such as your case you noted in your previous post.

Adjusting equalizer also makes no difference. You need to experience the problem before you can successfully give out any useful troubleshooting advice.
    I have reinstalled and so have several others.
    And I have heard from enough people in game and have taken enough screenshots of them complaining about sound to back up the fact that the people experiencing this glitch is a majority, not the minority.

The point I am trying to make is that when the gm zp buyers quit the game (including me) it would benefit z8 to fix this bug by simply replacing the ghost audio file with the old one. Much like with changing the font.

Has reinstalling been the only thing you tried? Troubleshooting usually involves more than just trying one thing.

Secondly, not to be rude. But any GM player is automatically a minority. Compared to the rooms that are made (missions don't count) are very few compared to let's say TD, or S&D. Heck, I think even ZM and HMX beat it these days.

They wouldn't be losing out on much. Melee weapons? TD Knife players probably spend alot more.
    Silenced weapons? M4 Silver is BP, no profit there. And the M4 Bronze is out now, so even casual players can get a silenced weapon for 3 months.

What do GM players have to offer that can't be replaced or aren't really worth anything anyways? Anyways, I digress;

The last time there was a considerable Global change such as the Smoke issue, it wasn't changed until the next patch. And it's still unconfirmed if the Smoke change was intended or not.

But despite most people having issues with it, there was no quickfix patch for it. And I highly doubt this one will either since it seems to be dependent on your machine.
  • Even footsteps seem a bit different in SnD for me, so I'm worried to jump in ghost mode now :p
  • yeah got the same issue here :( managed to fix it( or just got used to it), anyway try check ur audio manager( not the EQ settings) the fact that it doesnt have a definite left/right... seems a lot like the "headphone virtualization" or whatever its called on realtek... so check if its on or off :) ( yeah i know its a far stretch but im no computer wiz, and its somewhere to start with)

sound is still different here but its playable now :/ still gotta test it again to see if it was just luck :P

and talon... being GM a minority doesnt make it less important :)
    Has reinstalling been the only thing you tried? Troubleshooting usually involves more than just trying one thing.

Secondly, not to be rude. But any GM player is automatically a minority. Compared to the rooms that are made (missions don't count) are very few compared to let's say TD, or S&D. Heck, I think even ZM and HMX beat it these days.

They wouldn't be losing out on much. Melee weapons? TD Knife players probably spend alot more.
    Silenced weapons? M4 Silver is BP, no profit there. And the M4 Bronze is out now, so even casual players can get a silenced weapon for 3 months.

What do GM players have to offer that can't be replaced or aren't really worth anything anyways? Anyways, I digress;

The last time there was a considerable Global change such as the Smoke issue, it wasn't changed until the next patch. And it's still unconfirmed if the Smoke change was intended or not.

But despite most people having issues with it, there was no quickfix patch for it. And I highly doubt this one will either since it seems to be dependent on your machine.

I could fix the problem myself if the original audio was given to me. This isn't a matter if z8 can afford the fix or not.
  • Did some retesting of ghost breath.

Back when me and gods tested out the ghost breath range (24M, 14M with BD), one needed to be in a 5 degree arc infront or behind to be heard in both ears.
    Note: "M" does not stand for meters, it just the letter variable CF uses to measure distance.

The breath range is still the same but the arc for it to be heard in both ears has widened to about 20 degrees. This may not sound like a lot but it makes a big difference in Pinpoint.

Example: (Arcs are measured by when the breath cuts off in a ear well doing a slow sweep)
    The old arc of 5 degrees and assuming the max distance of hearing ghost breath 24M.
    At 24M the arc is about 2M wide for both ears to hear the ghost, Ghost are about 1M wide so there is 1M extra space that can throw someone off. At 12M the arc is barely bigger then 1M wide, fitting the ghost perfectly.

The new arc of 20 degrees and assuming the max distance of hearing ghost breath at 24M
    At 24M the arc is now about 8M wide, ghost are only 1M wide so 7M of open space to throw someone off. At 12M the arc is 4M wide, 3M of space to throw a PP off.

PinPointing is no longer precise as it used to be.
    I could fix the problem myself if the original audio was given to me. This isn't a matter if z8 can afford the fix or not.

You essentially could. I'm sure it's not hard to find someone with an older install that's not patched.
    But if this change is as you say, and it IS intended or involves the REZ files; that fix would only get you banned.
  • S1egfrj3d wrote: »
    yeah got the same issue here :( managed to fix it( or just got used to it), anyway try check ur audio manager( not the EQ settings) the fact that it doesnt have a definite left/right... seems a lot like the "headphone virtualization" or whatever its called on realtek... so check if its on or off :) ( yeah i know its a far stretch but im no computer wiz, and its somewhere to start with)

sound is still different here but its playable now :/ still gotta test it again to see if it was just luck :P

and talon... being GM a minority doesnt make it less important :)

Unfortunately, this isn't working for me.
  • I never used equalizers on my new PC yet, before the patch I could pinpoint perfectly, nothing wrong...

Now? Breath is way off, can't pinpoint anymore. I hear nades and weapons from the other side of the map like they're NEXT TO ME. Footsteps are louder. Kill sounds have a different sound to them and they are slightly delayed.

Please, Talonblaze, explain to me how THIS is OUR fault, while I have the same problem without using any equalizer of any kind, but just simply updating this version of CF. Also, I play EU CF and I don't have the problem there. Obviously, this version is at mistake, and so are YOU!

I support the rest on this matter and am strongly against your opinions Talonblaze.
This discussion has been closed.