Sound after Patch?

Comments

• ghost mode
    Ryan_Fish wrote: »
    Well for one, there hasn't been any skill in Ghost Mode for a very long time anyways.

Everyone is experiencing it, some people are just to stubborn to admit it.

It's affecting everyone.

what I want to know is this going to get fixed as I am getting really annoyed with ghost moment at the moment imagine having this problem and have about 5 ghosts around you in the big radias u got no chance but to spray you cant even centre the point of your gun to a ghost any more so you can get an even breath in each ear. if this is a problem is caused by the cf program not responding with some hardware then its not exactly our fault other wise this should go into the forum under technical problem which would have to be solve by someone

as I don't see how this problem would just suddenly arrive straight after the patch and no hardly any one acutely comes on the forum and comments about to because they cant be bothered
  • are you suggesting that bugs\glitches only ever affect everyone?

Are you really this dumb?

only one person states that there's no difference and your conclusion is that he must be the only one not experiencing it........really?

Wouldn't it make more sense to assume that if a GM player isn't here discussing this......it's probably because it doesn't affect them.

How often do people report bugs that do not affect them?

A hardware dependant bug would only affect the people with certain hardware.

How about a bug that only affects people using a specific driver?

So you can take your AI crossfire virus comment and stick it up yer ....

Good job taking a joke too seriously. I could explain things to you but I don't have the faith or patience to deal with ignorance. Enjoy Ghost Mode.
  • im a huge ghost mode player...being in FoE and all i notice is the ghost breath being a little louder, i do not own surround sound headphones but do own very good stereo headphones called sony MDR XB-500, i recommend them. they have great volume and good for beginners.
    i have one question though if i have stereo headphones should i have the soundcard playing at 5.1 surround sound or stereo?
  • tris11 wrote: »
    That's just ridiculous then there is no skill any ghost mode any as its all spraying is it besides if something has changed it should be put back to how it was before the patch is none of these problems were meant to happen therefore its a problem which needs to be fixed

a patch is a change of something...or an addition...so if everything that has changed during a patch was reverted, we would still be in beta :P
  • ghost mode
    awmkilla14 wrote: »
    a patch is a change of something...or an addition...so if everything that has changed during a patch was reverted, we would still be in beta :P

Yes but this change has a problem which was caused by the patch if your saying you cant revert anything all though there is a problem. then glitches and bugs should not be fixed other wise we would be in beta
  • Anyone who doesn't notice the difference does more spraying than actual pp'ing..
  • I like spraying, its fun. But I like pin pointing and being called a hacker. :)
  • Precisely, what are people experiencing? I've played a couple of GM games but everyone was spraying their head off.
  • same !! same !! same !!

Having the same problem , its impossible to pinpoint anymore, gunfire seams really loud but ghost breath is low and in both ears at all times, also a tremendouse amount of lagg in uk servers..
  • ghost mode

I like pinpointing but now its just spray and hope you hit them prefer ghost mode on blacklist side now but don't see much point of playing ghost mode if I cant pp with out spraying someone who cant even b hop let alone someone who just stands still and spray hope to find.
  • I used a proxy today to get access to another version of crossfire just to double check that things really had changed. Believe me they have! Quite a lot in comparison really.
  • Seeing as the new sniper gun has no sound, maybe its some error on z8s part.
  • Haganai wrote: »
    Seeing as the new sniper gun has no sound, maybe its some error on z8s part.

its got nothing to do with z8 they just implement the patch which is given to them byt the developers (smilegate)
  • Haganai wrote: »
    Seeing as the new sniper gun has no sound, maybe its some error on z8s part.

Yea they probably messed up the sound rez file :p
  • i find taking wider pinpoint motion helps... but it might just be a hunch lol, and i find myself spraying a lot more now... even i am getting annoyed at myself lol

if its a bug i hope they make a quick update patch... if its to stay... well ill just have to recycle what i know from pinpointing lol

tbh, this change isnt making the gameplay better ... at best it favours camping( as a way to cope with the wider scope of the breath) and spray( i hope that just until we get used to it :) )

im a "average to bad" ghost lol but even so i liked to play with the more precise version of the pinpoint since it was funnier :)
  • I cant pinpoint for shiet now, I can hear the breathing but i cant narrow it down, it sounds like its coming from all directions in the room and i cant tell anymore if the ghosts are above or below me the sound is like everywhere. This is just gonna encourage people to start bringing in m60's and all that shiet and spray.
  • i agree with most the people here the sound has changed it's hard to tell if the ghost are up or down cause it seems to run together and yes i reinstalled in case some mod or z8 wanna be know it all trys to play that card on me.
    The sound has changed enuff to make it harder on the GR side maybe they will patch this soon.
  • Ive had the same issue! I thought it was just me. Maybe post in Tech issues though :P Im starting to get used to the sound though.. by that i mean i spray :)
  • Athrun666 wrote: »
    i agree with most the people here the sound has changed it's hard to tell if the ghost are up or down cause it seems to run together and yes i reinstalled in case some mod or z8 wanna be know it all trys to play that card on me.
    The sound has changed enuff to make it harder on the GR side maybe they will patch this soon.

I hope Talonblaze read this.

obviously there is a change for all of you who say there isn't one
  • Who cares, GR is already lob sided anyways. Plus its barely a noticeable change, felt different at first, but now its like whatever.

Im still so sick :3
  • Who cares, GR is already lob sided anyways. Plus its barely a noticeable change, felt different at first, but now its like whatever.

Im still so sick :3

gr is not lob sided at all. A good bl v a good gr has equal chance of winning. Well they did anyway.
  • Talonblaze wrote: »
    That's a rather rude assumption. I've been probably playing GM longer than you've had an account here.

I haven't noticed any significant difference to be perfectly honest. Breath volume has been the norm for people with or without BD.

The above and below breath difference was always a distance factor to determine, and it still is.
    The game isn't stereo, so that means breath can only come out of two areas. Right or Left. If its coming from both sides, they are obviously in front or behind you. It's always been like this.

Nothing has changed.

sound really has changed ^^ since the new patch i have also problems with pp. I am not bad in pp and i still get my ace :) but its really hard to hear the ghosts. Sometimes i hear a ghost very clear only a few steps in front of me... ofc i shot there but the ghost isnt there (no he didnt bhop, he just camp) when i finally hit him he is like "Miles" away!!! but i hear him as if he is close to me.
    and sometimes he is even on the right/left side althought i hear him in front of me -.-.

Btw, even the spray with an silenced gun is almost as loud as spraying with an ak O.o and thats really really strange XD and i dont have changed any options on my system etc..
  • I really hope this is a bug, its impossible to defuse a bomb even if there is only 3 ghosts the sound is everywere. Looks like it's BL side for me
  • gm mode
    Has z8 responded to this?

Yes they have replyed in pages 123 or however they said it was not there fault as they said nothing has changed but now with more people saying it has changed they can't say something is not wrong with the sounds of the game therefore its something they done or its our hardware that can't work with there update but then its not our problem but there's
  • The bunnyhop has also changed a bit I think.
    Though after these changes I can more accurately pinpoint. Sometimes it really seems like I'm using wall.
  • tris11 wrote: »
    Yes they have replyed in pages 123 or however they said it was not there fault as they said nothing has changed but now with more people saying it has changed they can't say something is not wrong with the sounds of the game therefore its something they done or its our hardware that can't work with there update but then its not our problem but there's

z8 doesn't care about the GM community. No wonder it's slowly dying...
  • G_host wrote: »
    z8 doesn't care about the GM community. No wonder it's slowly dying...
    yeh :) i think soo ghost mode now suCks ..
  • SakeHUN wrote: »
    The bunnyhop has also changed a bit I think.
    Though after these changes I can more accurately pinpoint. Sometimes it really seems like I'm using wall.

Ok it maybe good for you but your saying its still has changed right therefore a check needs to be done by z8 and revert the sounds how they were before the patch

I'm not making an argument with z8 but something has changed either as i said before the sounds are off by guns and breath or its because they updated it to files that our hardware can't run
This discussion has been closed.