Sound after Patch?

Comments

• Talonblaze wrote: »
    Seems the simple solution if things such as the volume or other sounds are too loud is just adjust your equalizer.

Such as your case you noted in your previous post.

And the funniest thing about that is...you're making the assumption that they changed their settings...

I haven't played GM since the patch, but from what I can tell by this thread more then 1 person is having the same problem...an once again the fanboys are denying it flat out because their so pro it doesn't matter. Remember that bug where everyone was lagging (EVERYONE...)? I can remember some MOD shutting down like 8 threads saying it was the users networks and it was their problem and not the company...until his ignorant ass logged in and saw rooms disconnecting and the servers crashing 8-10 times and hour...
  • it would be nice to get some acknowledgement from the GMs to let us know if they are forwarding this to the developers or if it was in fact purposely done :/
  • it would be nice to get some acknowledgement from the GMs to let us know if they are forwarding this to the developers or if it was in fact purposely done :/

yes plz id also like some news as to what is going to be done. I have not played GR much since the patch because of this Q_Q
    Deviant27 wrote: »
    yes plz id also like some news as to what is going to be done. I have not played GR much since the patch because of this Q_Q
    DDump wrote: »
    And the funniest thing about that is...you're making the assumption that they changed their settings...

I haven't played GM since the patch, but from what I can tell by this thread more then 1 person is having the same problem...an once again the fanboys are denying it flat out because their so pro it doesn't matter. Remember that bug where everyone was lagging (EVERYONE...)? I can remember some MOD shutting down like 8 threads saying it was the users networks and it was their problem and not the company...until his ignorant ass logged in and saw rooms disconnecting and the servers crashing 8-10 times and hour...

I'm sure this thread has gotten views from at least some mods. Please continue to post.. I'd like for GM Saiden to put in his inquiry on the subject matter.
  • I'm more curious what you people plan to do if this is a permanent change.

I for one have no problem, so either I adapt far better than most in this thread or there's something else at work with this 'issue'. I'm able to continue playing GM normally.

Guess for the rest of you its going to be a fun learning curve to get used to.
  • may of found the problem.

when i play ghost mode matches, i use an 8 channel set up (channels activate mini speakers in your ear cup) which is like a virtual surround sound in your headphones. it has a great range but isn't (and never was) very sharp for pinpointing. After the patch, i found no noticeable changes after doing some testing with 2 computers.

the other setting i used to pub with is a 2 channel set up. it was incredibly easy to pinpoint any non moving ghost with 1 bullet. (but the range with not quite as far as 8CH, so i've always used 8CH) After this patch, i noticed it is hella hard to pinpoint with it now.

so some people are affected and some are not. my only theory is people using 8CH don't notice anything new. people with 2ch (maybe also called stereo?) are having big problems. some headset users may also have 4ch and 6ch etc. both of which i didn't bother testing.

so here are your option solutions:

1) practice: when i started using 8ch for the first time it was incredibly hard to pinpoint, like many players now. After a couple weeks it became fairly easy. (Although there is no guarantee practice will or could cure this problem)

2) buy a modern/expensive headset: since my 8ch has no changes after the patch. this will cure the problem by throwing money down. or if you already use an 8ch headset, make the switch from 2ch.

3) wait for a patch fix: it is not clear if this is a bug or permanent change. work on your BL in the meantime :p

and the other problems/changes people have mentioned: i briefly tested.

longer breath delay: it seemed delayed a little bit.. but so was the knife sound when i slashed which indicates it was most likely a latency problem (since i was using 2 computers on 1 network) my guess is there has been no added delay.

bunny hopping: no noticeable changes.

ping instability: no noticeable changes. must be you :p

lowered FPS: most likely due to the font change, search for the thread on how to get the old one back.

Silent guns are louder: no changes in range or loudness. but this problem deals with equalizers and every one uses different settings. so for others, it could be a problem. guns for me were always loud.
  • How do we change from a 2CH to a 8CH :)?
  • VATAV wrote: »
    How do we change from a 2CH to a 8CH :)?

well you need to have a headset that supports it. they are generally higher end/expensive ones.

i can only tell you how to do it with the steel series siberia v2 or perhaps logitech g35 because they are the only ones i own. there should be an option on the audio software you installed for your headset/soundcard

15dkms9.png
  • gm

hold on if this is meant to be permanent then there was no such information told before the patch and this would cause problems for the current people that have them and who is going to buy expensive headphones for a problem which is not there's and wasn't there before the patch
  • tris11 wrote: »
    hold on if this is meant to be permanent then there was no such information told before the patch and this would cause problems for the current people that have them and who is going to buy expensive headphones for a problem which is not there's and wasn't there before the patch

There's lots of things not said in the patch notes. And they have been happening for ages. Not all changes are known to the publishers. They don't make the game after all.

For example, when Hero Mode was released, grenades when they exploded near you shook your screen. Before then, it didn't. But again, was never noted in the patch notes.

Plus, they aren't required to tell you.
  • Did some digging into my computer.
    It is using 5.1 audio or 6 channels.

My headphones can use 7.1 audio tho, just didn't have them set for it.
    There's lots of things not said in the patch notes. And they have been happening for ages. Not all changes are known to the publishers. They don't make the game after all.

For example, when Hero Mode was released, grenades when they exploded near you shook your screen. Before then, it didn't. But again, was never noted in the patch notes.

Plus, they aren't required to tell you.

permanent /not permanent
    permanent /not permanent

The one I mentioned was an example. There are plenty of perm and non-perm additions that have been done in this game that were never noted officially and past ones probably never will.

Continue to expect this.
  • ghostmode

well I don't see how I can play gm at moment then
    it just annoys me how I cant pp directly any more all it is.is spray now
  • Got done playing with 7.1 audio.
    It much better, ghost are a bit quieter and guns louder but PP is still very precise.
  • Great so the fix is having very expensive headphones.

Well I dun diddly dun doo doodled myself.
  • JudgeSims wrote: »
    may of found the problem.

when i play ghost mode matches, i use an 8 channel set up (channels activate mini speakers in your ear cup) which is like a virtual surround sound in your headphones. it has a great range but isn't (and never was) very sharp for pinpointing. After the patch, i found no noticeable changes after doing some testing with 2 computers.

the other setting i used to pub with is a 2 channel set up. it was incredibly easy to pinpoint any non moving ghost with 1 bullet. (but the range with not quite as far as 8CH, so i've always used 8CH) After this patch, i noticed it is hella hard to pinpoint with it now.

so some people are affected and some are not. my only theory is people using 8CH don't notice anything new. people with 2ch (maybe also called stereo?) are having big problems. some headset users may also have 4ch and 6ch etc. both of which i didn't bother testing.

1) practice: when i started using 8ch for the first time it was incredibly hard to pinpoint, like many players now. After a couple weeks it became fairly easy. (Although there is no guarantee practice will or could cure this problem)

2) buy a modern/expensive headset: since my 8ch has no changes after the patch. this will cure the problem by throwing money down. or if you already use an 8ch headset, make the switch from 2ch.

3) wait for a patch fix: it is not clear if this is a bug or permanent change. work on your BL in the meantime :p

longer breath delay: it seemed delayed a little bit.. but so was the knife sound when i slashed which indicates it was most likely a latency problem (since i was using 2 computers on 1 network) my guess is there has been no added delay.

lowered FPS: most likely due to the font change, search for the thread on how to get the old one back.

Silent guns are louder: no changes in range or loudness. but this problem deals with equalizers and every one uses different settings. so for others, it could be a problem. guns for me were always loud.

all surround sound 8 channel headsets i've looked have a usb connection. last time I had usb headphones, I couldnt adjust the EQ.

This is a good example.

We are aware of these reported changes, Ghost Mode is a mode that is very sensitive to changes, users are dedicated and notice subtle things.

We're in the process of determining the nature of these changes (on purpose or bugs). We hope to have some concrete information for you soon.

Note that the QA process for this patch went through some changes. Changes which will be good for the longevity of the game and will be good for the quality. But this patch suffered from a transition period and could have been tested better. It was released because there were no critical errors, however we know that these things like this don't look good for anyone. We want to have them fixed as soon as possible! Just try and be patient thanks!
  • thanks saidin looking forward to the update.
    I'm more curious what you people plan to do if this is a permanent change.

I for one have no problem, so either I adapt far better than most in this thread or there's something else at work with this 'issue'. I'm able to continue playing GM normally.

Guess for the rest of you its going to be a fun learning curve to get used to.
    A lot of people have already quit this game due to incredibly stupid changes. If this is a permanent change, I myself will quit. Because all the other modes are boring. And other topics on which make this game a failure which I will not bring up. So another one on top of the problems doesn't look good at all for this game.
    JudgeSims wrote: »

I've fixed breath sound a little, to the point I can hear them again. But there is no telling where they are. It's not exact, i've messed with all the possible settings that I know of and have found no answer to the problem. Doesn't matter how much you try and fix the problem, it won't happen. You might make it a tad bit better but it's not gonna change the fact that Breath is about 3x wider than normal.
    [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    This is a good example.

We are aware of these reported changes, Ghost Mode is a mode that is very sensitive to changes, users are dedicated and notice subtle things.

We're in the process of determining the nature of these changes (on purpose or bugs). We hope to have some concrete information for you soon.

Note that the QA process for this patch went through some changes. Changes which will be good for the longevity of the game and will be good for the quality. But this patch suffered from a transition period and could have been tested better. It was released because there were no critical errors, however we know that these things like this don't look good for anyone. We want to have them fixed as soon as possible! Just try and be patient thanks!
    First time i've heard anything respectable from you in a long while.
  • JudgeSims wrote: »

Damn those 8 channels....
  • So I was testing the sound out in a private room and believe it or not, it is easier to pinpoint with your back facing the ghost. Almost how it was before the patch....

with my xfi soundcard settings, i went to the surround sound and changed the speaker output to make it only come out the back.. and behold, pinpointing suddenly got easier.

It's like z8 switched up what you're supposed to hear in front of you to behind you...

Confusing.. I know
  • I can't even get my headset loud of enough to hear breath.
  • gm

I guess I am just waiting around for saiden to tell us if this is going to permanent now or not
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    This is a good example.

TY for the response nice to know that you are looking in to it for us :)

Another thing I'm wondering about tho. As I mentioned earlier I tried another version to see if there really was a difference and also noticed that in this other version you can hear when people jump which I found strange because I had never even known other version had that. Wondering if we are supposed to have that or you/g4 elected not to have this option?
  • ghost
    TY for the response nice to know that you are looking in to it for us :)

Another thing I'm wondering about tho. As I mentioned earlier I tried another version to see if there really was a difference and also noticed that in this other version you can hear when people jump which I found strange because I had never even known other version had that. Wondering if we are supposed to have that or you/g4 elected not to have this option?

do u mean when they just jump and land or on about jumping on to boxes and iteams
  • thanks Saidin least u gave a respectable reply unlike others who wont even admit there is a change.
    do u mean when they just jump and land or on about jumping on to boxes and iteams

When they jump and land. You can hear it when you jump yourself in this version but you cant hear when other people jump.
  • When they jump and land. You can hear it when you jump yourself in this version but you cant hear when other people jump.

Needless to say that would only get more people to rage:
    "It's destroyed the purpose of bunnyhopping! This is BS!"
    "You took away the only useful attempt at stealth GR had, GJ."

And similar responses.
    I personally don't look forward to it's arrival.
  • When they jump and land. You can hear it when you jump yourself in this version but you cant hear when other people jump.

sounds cool if other versions have it all so would help sound users :D
This discussion has been closed.