XTrap Error fixes and Data Collection

Comments

• Its not there?

I tryed deleting it from folder, but it says i dont have permission? :confused:

On XP
    "c:/windows/ie8/spuninst/spuninst.exe"
    and IE8 is uninstalled

I dunno it's is full correct path for Vista but "ie8/spuninst/spuninst.exe" suppose be good
    grzechu12 wrote: »
    IDIOTS, THE UNINSTALLING IE WILL NOT HELP! I'M USING A FIREFOX, AND THE ERROR OCCURE ALWAYS WHEN I TURN ON GAME... GM's are just a piece of sh*t
    they will never move their fat asses and do something....

That don't help you!
    You using Firefox but you have still IE8 and that IE8, not Firefox, is blocking by XTrap

BTW for guys using IE8 and with "Timed Out Waiting for Initializing xtrap-engine"

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/980088.mspx

What means XTrap blocking many of IE8 users because IE8 is something like Bypass*(I think it's good explain :D)

*-I can't find good word :P
  • HELP every time i start up crossfire it says "timed out while waiting for xtrap engine PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP =[!!!!

also i use mcaffee (if that changed anything)
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Hello Z8 Gamers!

We've been tracking the current Xtrap issues, and the biggest issue we currently see is the "XTrap has Failed to initialize" type error.

It won't allow people to run the game!

This is an error we would like to fix. In an attempt to collect better data for our Developers and Xtrap we need some specific information from the people receiving this error.

Specifically we need to know:

1. What Anti Virus program are you using?

2. Have you added any xtrap or game files to an exception list?

3. Have you tried disabling the virus program during installation and running of the game?

As for Solutions to the problem.

First make sure your running Cross Fire in administrator mode.

McAffee has updated their program and should no longer detect any CF Files are false positives.

Some free virus scanners are detecting some CF files as trojans. This is a FALSE POSITIVE. CF Contains no malicious files.

Make sure to disable your virus scanner during all phases of the game. Download, Installation and Running. At the very least as a test to see if the game functions normally under these conditions.

We are specifically looking to see if there is a common anti virus program that is causing these errors while the game is running.

Also please review other threads like Crackindomes suggestion:
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=21570

And another thread on McAffe:
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=22126

These threads may contain helpful hints to getting your Cf running.

Lastly, Xtrap has been known to conflict with SOME video caputuring and voice communication software. Skype, Fraps etc. may not run properly or conflict with the game when running. Make sure to try and close those extra programs down when running CF. Again, as a test to see if the game will function without them.

We will be looking for Xtrap updates that will fix some of these compatibility issues, but right now we need to collect as much data as possible.

Thanks everyone!
    Seems strange that this just started happening to a majority of people......hmmmmmmm cant be Mcafee or anything else when it worked fine until yesterday!!!!!!PATCH NEEDED obviously. Its not all these people Pcs suddenly...Doesnt take all this playing around with settings to fix this.
  • ok i think this might help some of you. (note i said some not ALL)
    un-install crossfire (yes i know you have all tried this jus be patient with me)
    ok now go into your program files and delete the crossfire folder.
    Program files> (it might be names SubaGames or Z8 games) just right click on it and delete it.
    your prolly asking "Why would I want to delete this folder?"
    A: Simple, there might be some errors within some of the files.
    ok now go and find a link to download crossfire and then install and update it.
    I hope this helps.
    Downloads can be found here
  • s0b3r wrote: »
    ok i think this might help some of you. (note i said some not ALL)
    un-install crossfire (yes i know you have all tried this jus be patient with me)
    ok now go into your program files and delete the crossfire folder.
    Program files> (it might be names SubaGames or Z8 games) just right click on it and delete it.
    your prolly asking "Why would I want to delete this folder?"
    A: Simple, there might be some errors within some of the files.
    ok now go and find a link to download crossfire and then install and update it.
    I hope this helps.
    Downloads can be found here

i have tried this on multiple occasions it does not work!
  • iTaRnforum wrote: »
    i have tried this on multiple occasions it does not work!

notice i said it may help some not ALL... gosh its like everyone only reads half of a post now a days.
  • huge error when setup

ok i am starting up crossfire
    it is loading whit the x-trap at the bothom
    then
    McAffee says the trojan horse has been disabled or something
    and I can't get on crossfire anymore and i have a time weapon :/
  • Looks like the McAfee is the problem for me. I disabled virus and spyware scanning and I was able to start the game.
  • can someone tell me why this happen and how to fix this , every time I log into the game this message appears : http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs387.snc3/23662_1098949969772_1707358454_184216_5684433_n.jpg
  • well guys
    i found a way for me to play.. i had the same xtrap problem btw. i unistalled my antivirus Mcafee and the game ran with no problems.. jjust find an AV which is able to run the game with.
    Good Luck!

[-Fskl-]
  • 1. What Anti Virus program are you using?
    I am using McAfee.

2. Have you added any X-trap or game files to an exception list?
    It has always been working, Didn't need to add it to exception list. McAfee is not affecting the game.

3. Have you tried disabling the virus program during installation and running of the game?
    Yes i disabled virus protection, spyware protection, system guards, and the fire wall.

I've re-dowloaded it twice already and i run the game and 2 mintues later " Xtrap has times out" please get this fix asap don't wanna get kicked out of my clan, for being inactive.

Proud Member Of NINJAS ON CRACK ELITE.
  • it was mcafee
    i stopped it and it worked fine
  • Can you guys give an estimate on approximately how long this XTrap fixing will take?! I mean, from what I've read in the previous posts, this problem has been going on for months. Crossfire is the best FPS I've played and I don't want to quit because of some XTrap problem. I don't have McAffee and I'm on a Windows 7. I'm getting the Failed to Initialize XTrap error thingy.

._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._. ._.
  • How to fix it

If u want to fix it u will have to disable ur antivirus spyware protector program to work x-trap

i shot off my mcafee and i disabled everything,and it started to work gor to configurations on mcaffe and turn everything off
  • I use McAffe

Names of detected item : Artemis! 24FA47E7558C
    I restored that and updated
    But then when I start CF, again it doesn't start cause the False trojan
    and i can restore them again =(,, but that doesn't help
    Pls help me, thank you..
    AVG
    Yes
    YES
  • Idhara wrote: »
    On XP
    "c:/windows/ie8/spuninst/spuninst.exe"
    and IE8 is uninstalled

I dunno it's is full correct path for Vista but "ie8/spuninst/spuninst.exe" suppose be good

That don't help you!
    You using Firefox but you have still IE8 and that IE8, not Firefox, is blocking by XTrap

BTW for guys using IE8 and with "Timed Out Waiting for Initializing xtrap-engine"

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/980088.mspx

What means XTrap blocking many of IE8 users because IE8 is something like Bypass*(I think it's good explain :D)

*-I can't find good word :P
    i tried uninstall IE noob...
  • Hey guys. As you know, i have the same problem :( crossfire doesn't work anymore! After 1 minute it says "timed out for initailing xtrap engine". I have an updated mcafee system so i can't find the configure or restore buttons. Anyone please help?
  • 1. Symantec Endpoint Protection

2. No

3. Yes quite a few times actually

the sad thing this is a new computer
  • if you have Windows Xp Service Pack 3, you should uninstall Service Pack 3 and Internet Explorer 8 to default version. now reboot computer and install Service Pack 3, again reboot computer. Install Crossfire, but do not update Internet Explorer, to more late or latest version
    sorry for bad English
  • why can't they un-do the patch and bring back gameguard or something? plz i need to play crossfire soon...:(
  • 1.What Anti Virus program are you using?
    Norton and Mcafee

No

No i didn't know as i do it

pls help me !!!
    (I can only speak a little bit english)

I'm from germany
  • estorfia wrote: »
    ok i am starting up crossfire
    it is loading whit the x-trap at the bothom
    then
    McAffee says the trojan horse has been disabled or something
    and I can't get on crossfire anymore and i have a time weapon :/
    McAffee is really picky on programs. go with Norton. or AVG.
    mrfskl wrote: »
    well guys
    i found a way for me to play.. i had the same xtrap problem btw. i unistalled my antivirus Mcafee and the game ran with no problems.. jjust find an AV which is able to run the game with.
    Good Luck!

[-Fskl-]
    congrats.
    Rodan0912 wrote: »
    Hey guys. As you know, i have the same problem :( crossfire doesn't work anymore! After 1 minute it says "timed out for initailing xtrap engine". I have an updated mcafee system so i can't find the configure or restore buttons. Anyone please help?
    uninstall McAffee and get Norton or AVG or try to see it McAffee blocked Xtrap for a false positive. put it on the "Exceptions list" of programs.
    KingIliano wrote: »
    1.What Anti Virus program are you using?
    Norton and Mcafee

No

No i didn't know as i do it

pls help me !!!
    (I can only speak a little bit english)

I'm from germany

theres your problem. McAffee and Norton...you NEVER use two AV's on one computer. they'll conflict with each other. also it seems as though McAffee is the main problem uninstall it after all you have Norton.
  • :(

1. I'm starting launcher of CF.
    2. I'm clicking "Start Game"
    3. x-trap launching fast and dissapearing, hgw is loading 87% turning off.
    4. waiting ABOUT 3 MINS
    5. error appears:
    HGCW(<<name of error)
    Timed out waiting for initialing xtrap-engine.

.What Anti Virus program are you using?
    avira

No

yes

pleez help me
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Hello Z8 Gamers!

We've been tracking the current Xtrap issues, and the biggest issue we currently see is the "XTrap has Failed to initialize" type error.

It won't allow people to run the game!

This is an error we would like to fix. In an attempt to collect better data for our Developers and Xtrap we need some specific information from the people receiving this error.

Specifically we need to know:

1. What Anti Virus program are you using?

As for Solutions to the problem.

First make sure your running Cross Fire in administrator mode.

McAffee has updated their program and should no longer detect any CF Files are false positives.

Some free virus scanners are detecting some CF files as trojans. This is a FALSE POSITIVE. CF Contains no malicious files.

Make sure to disable your virus scanner during all phases of the game. Download, Installation and Running. At the very least as a test to see if the game functions normally under these conditions.

We are specifically looking to see if there is a common anti virus program that is causing these errors while the game is running.

Also please review other threads like Crackindomes suggestion:
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=21570

And another thread on McAffe:
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=22126

These threads may contain helpful hints to getting your Cf running.

Lastly, Xtrap has been known to conflict with SOME video caputuring and voice communication software. Skype, Fraps etc. may not run properly or conflict with the game when running. Make sure to try and close those extra programs down when running CF. Again, as a test to see if the game will function without them.

We will be looking for Xtrap updates that will fix some of these compatibility issues, but right now we need to collect as much data as possible.

Thanks everyone!

1.McAfee
    2.No
    3.Yes

P.S. While I was doing this I tried to get in again... YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT POPPED UP! This used to be my favorite game. Then I got the X-Box but I am coming back to this. I thought Suba Games was horrible. Z8Games NEEDS more moderators. By the way, look up WinnerAS in the statistics! That was my old account. Hurray!

P.P.S. I'm a 12 year old. I need a good description of what you people are talking about.
  • szeverin wrote: »
    1. I'm starting launcher of CF.
    2. I'm clicking "Start Game"
    3. x-trap launching fast and dissapearing, hgw is loading 87% turning off.
    4. waiting ABOUT 3 MINS
    5. error appears:
    HGCW(<<name of error)
    Timed out waiting for initialing xtrap-engine.

.What Anti Virus program are you using?
    avira

No

yes

pleez help me

Yep i have the same problem and i do the same things but i just dont work pls i realy want play this game i love it heeeeeeeelp
    AVG
    YES
    3. Have you tried disabling the virus program during installation and running of the game?[/B]
    YES
    AVG
    YES
    3. Have you tried disabling the virus program during installation and running of the game?[/B]
    YES

i have avg too, didnt work for me either so i just uninstalled it. outdated anyways.

works great now.

ty mods :P
This discussion has been closed.