XTrap Error fixes and Data Collection

Comments

• i found a solution for my error same as klooilovejoy it had error code: 01-0400-00000000-701 my sytem is win 7 64bit and what i did i turned my antivirus (bit defender) in a gaming mode. before that i tried it wasnt working (firewall was enabled in both times to get game connected) for me. Runing game as admin. Maybe it will helps for somboady my solution GOOD LUCK
  • 1. What Anti Virus program are you using?

Avast 4.8 Home

2. Have you added any xtrap or game files to an exception list?

Yes

3. Have you tried disabling the virus program during installation and running of the game?

Yes
  • So, is there a solution for this error ?

And a true solution, not "desable your antivirus and launch the game" :)
  • 02-0300-00000000-602

damn...this error again....2 weeks ago i used to get this error...but it worked again until yesterday,,,,i got this error again now....what to do.....pls make this game work...i hav spent a lot on this game....
  • [02-0400-00000000-200]

I got [02-0400-00000000-200]

Please Help Z8Games, I'm losing out on my 7 day AK Camo :(
  • I got [02-0400-00000000-200]

Please Help Z8Games, I'm losing out on my 7 day AK Camo :(

i got this same error the game cannot run due to memory alteration of game client..
    ive tried reinstalling it and it doesnt work.

1. What Anti Virus program are you using?
    Norton
    na
    3. Have you tried disabling the virus program during installation and running of the game?
    yea the error still pops out

idk waht to do should i just wait until u guys try to fix it?
  • ownage0101 wrote: »
    i got this same error the game cannot run due to memory alteration of game client..
    ive tried reinstalling it and it doesnt work.

1. What Anti Virus program are you using?
    Norton
    na
    yea the error still pops out

idk waht to do should i just wait until u guys try to fix it?

ditto on everything this dood said. :)
    Well step by step this is what i did and my comp specs as well

First the new patch came out and after that my problems started.
    I started crossfire and xtrap gave me the message" code: 01-0400-00000000-701 the game security module cannot run propperly."
    After 10 seconds this pop up appears "timed out waiting for intialing xtrap engine " two choices ok or cancel. both do the same nothing.
    So i tried everything you suggested so far everything that`s on the forum.
    I even have completly wipped my harddisk and reinstalled windows xp which is my operating system xp sp 3 to be percise.
    My system is a dell dimension dv051 it has an celeron 3.06 ghz cpu and 2 gb ram operating system windows xp proffesional sp 3.
    I even went as far as deleting my anti virus for a while tot try if that had any effect but still i can`t start crossfire.
    If you want any additional info please ask me i`m would be more then glad to do so.
    Hope someone knows the solution to my problem.
    kind regards KlooiLoveJoy

Windows XP security updates ISSUE!!! refer Striker755 (pro mid dec, home mid jan both 32 and 64 bit systems/versions) has a conflict error with Xtrap, etc.
    I have done all that and more, the issue is with XP. Its more than likely a ploy to get users to upgrade to Windows 7 etc as Vista is problematic and resource hungry.
    Ive read almost all the threads and spent 5 nights doing everything that was suggested.

So i have Windows XP home 32 bit with Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
    , on an AMD Athlon ~2.4GHZ wit 2G ram, ATI Radeon 850 series card.. KEY Been okay with XTRAP, in fact brilliant hack prevention, finally the real players were shinning :) Then after Window XP home had security updates and sh1t from Microsoft! issues 14 Jan for me.
    Started with 'Timed out failed to initialing Xtrap Engine', the after downloading new version of game, diff server, diff location in my on my partitioned drive, with no antivirus on the whole time (download to install to lunch), GOT much further and have the XTRAP 02-0400-00000000-200 issue at login. DAMIT

Went back to [GM]Saiden forum usefull get arounds list.. !!!
    TRY "CLEAN REBOOT", enter msconfig in run menu follow this link for details. IT is the only condition i can get game to work. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Playing like that with no service running, no nothing, it loads. Will sometime get around to next part of msconfig tool to find WHAT service it is from microsoft.
  • SirTimbol wrote: »
    Windows XP security updates ISSUE!!! refer Striker755 (pro mid dec, home mid jan both 32 and 64 bit systems/versions) has a conflict error with Xtrap, etc.
    I have done all that and more, the issue is with XP. Its more than likely a ploy to get users to upgrade to Windows 7 etc as Vista is problematic and resource hungry.
    Ive read almost all the threads and spent 5 nights doing everything that was suggested.

So i have Windows XP home 32 bit with Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
    , on an AMD Athlon ~2.4GHZ wit 2G ram, ATI Radeon 850 series card.. KEY Been okay with XTRAP, in fact brilliant hack prevention, finally the real players were shinning :) Then after Window XP home had security updates and sh1t from Microsoft! issues 14 Jan for me.
    Started with 'Timed out failed to initialing Xtrap Engine', the after downloading new version of game, diff server, diff location in my on my partitioned drive, with no antivirus on the whole time (download to install to lunch), GOT much further and have the XTRAP 02-0400-00000000-200 issue at login. DAMIT

Went back to [GM]Saiden forum usefull get arounds list.. !!!
    TRY "CLEAN REBOOT", enter msconfig in run menu follow this link for details. IT is the only condition i can get game to work. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Playing like that with no service running, no nothing, it loads. Will sometime get around to next part of msconfig tool to find WHAT service it is from microsoft.
    does making a clean reboot work?
  • You know what? I don't want to do this just to run a game I payed $300 for. For that amount of money I expect the game to work, at the least.

I endured the chammers, the disconnections, the fps drops, ping increases and stupid people kicking me from every single pub but this is going too far.
  • CNNikita wrote: »
    You know what? I don't want to do this just to run a game I payed $300 for. For that amount of money I expect the game to work, at the least.

I endured the chammers, the disconnections, the fps drops, ping increases and stupid people kicking me from every single pub but this is going too far.

I get what you mean. I can't even get Xtrap to ****ing update, stops at 62kb/770kb, and I even did all their bull shet, nothing, a bad game is bad. Fuwx CF. :)
  • CNNikita wrote: »
    You know what? I don't want to do this just to run a game I payed $300 for. For that amount of money I expect the game to work, at the least.

I feel you. Believe in the Deity Chuck Norris. <3 ~~~~
  • 02-0300-00000000-602
    this is my error message...its been 3 days since i played & these are my holidays now.....GMs...pls help me....i tried everything....but nothing worked
  • Crossfire team W/e . u realy need to look into this Xtrap Errors cause it really aint helping, Trying to Get to play, but whit this new Xtrap thing. it really S*cks. i mean, i want to play. en yes i tried everything also got help from a Game Expert and still aint working, he has looked it up and said nvm they have to fix. so fix it, everytime i get problems playing here, i was gone for a while and heard u had new Xtrap. so though lets play. sure i played for 2 days then these errors people tellin about came up . wtf . Please Fix is asap.!
  • exactly game guard was more better and suba games was better
  • I've copied the game on USB and launch it from an other pc and it worked without any problem ! This pc haves Avast antivirus, and i haven't reinstall CrossFire, it was a copy from my pc...but Xtrap reinstalle it-self, i mean i saw the % increase.
  • Errors

Yea , ever since Xtrap started my game has been freezing, crashing, and lagging like hell...and i like crossfire alot and i'd appreciate if you could fix ALOT of these problems everyone has been having.
  • can u help me any time i want to start the game it says have to install new client dont know what to do about it
  • I don't understand anything, I try to launch the game from an other pc, with the same windows, the same antivirus (avira, with the same configration) and it worked ! i try with mine, it doesn't !!!
    Where does this bug come from !!
  • Yeah, i found the solution...I read that xtrap is not compatible with internet explorer 8 (that's stupid but no matter) i install IE 6 and the game work.

It was the only one difference between the 2 pc i tried ^^, IE has never been upgrade with the other pc.
  • XTRAP ie timed out failed to initialing xtrap-engine, & 02-400..200. 4 days off line doing everything in Forum.
    SORTED but, do this, it will fix most issues.
    Follow link to carry out CLEAN REBOOT.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

U will find it is due to the virus protection updates lately, even if it is closed it is still running and probably an updater programme aswell.

Go start run msconfig, and follow the instructions on the link.
    U can then just uncheck, under services the files relating to your virus software.
    If that doesn’t work then slect disable ALL miscrosoft services – these are just updaters etc.
    Crossfire site is safe, but restart with antivirus for general web surfing :)

U may also need to uninstall internet explorer, run firefox instead, when windows wants to update go custom and do all except IE8
  • Clean reboot/startup will sort this XTRAP issue
    jken096 wrote: »
    does making a clean reboot work?

Yes it did for me man, i had tried everything, downloading game wit no anti virus running, installing in different location in computer, uninstalling internet explorer 8 and using firefox. Obviously shutting down all i could with game booster. But doing the clean boot or startup same diff WORKED sweet. Some how the antivirus got updated lately and conflicts with Xtrap, even when not going it was running in the background, so using msconfig to disable the application and underlying virus updater, it worked. follow the link and it is actually easy.
    Best results for speed aswell.
  • Im running Windows 7 Ultimate... couple months ago i was able to play this game on this comp using Windows XP.

Problem: I load the launcher and click "Start Game", X-TRAP and HGWC start loading and once they are done nothing happens... i try starting the game again, closing the launcher then bringing it back up over and over and same thing... it doesnt say the game is running... Task Manager shows nothing... after a period of about a minute or two i get an error message "HGWC: Timed out waiting for initialing xtrap-engine".

Made sure firewall and AVG antivirus allows the game to run, made sure the game runs compatible and as an administrator, rebooted my comp... same thing problem... i try to load the game over and over and nothing is happening after HGW game watcher and X-TRAP thingy load, nothing happens... and a few minutes later i get that error... even though the X-TRAP thingy seems to have fully loaded and dissappears from the screen. help?

edit: ill try a more detailed explanation....
    i start the launcher... Task Manager shows CF_G4box.exe running
    i click Start Game, and the launcher dissappears... it shows the patcher briefly then dissappears (i assume it does its thing quickly)... then HGW game watcher shows and the X-TRAP thingy shows... X-TRAP seems to load fully then dissappears, HGWC loads instantly to 87% then dissappears (i assume its loaded to 100% due to the quick speed it went to 87%) and then nothing happens (HGWC.exe dissappears from Task Manager)
    a few minutes later i get an error "HGWC: Timed out waiting for initialing xtrap-engine".

even after repeatedly starting the launcher and starting the game, nothing happens... it doesnt even say the game is already running.

edit2: i only ever use firefox, and AVG Antivirus and firewall both have Crossfire as an exception... meaning that they dont block anything in the Crossfire folder.

edit3: did clean reboot, problem still persists, my background programs arent the problem... i just installed the game first time after months, all the .exe files are compatible and run as admin, i dont run any video caputuring software like Skype or Fraps, and my antivirus isnt blacking anything in the CrossFire folder...

it has to be something that happens after "Start Game"... X-TRAP or HGWC being the likely cause...
  • UPDATE: after i click Start Game, when the X-TRAP loads and dissappears then the HGW game watcher loads and dissappears... the HGW game watcher always dissappears at 87%... at first since it loaded fast to 87% i thot it fully loaded and dissappeared... but what IF, HGW game watcher only loaded to 87% then dissappeared without getting to 100%?? this could be an important info to determining the cause and solution to this issue. it always dissappears at exactly 87% no more no less.
  • shutting down antivirus
    DaKiingzoo wrote: »
    How can we disable our anti virus?

hey, as i have found you cant just shut a programme like antivirus down without it running on some level, even when i told my start up manager not to load it it was still there.

In start run MSCONFIG, use selective startup, uncheck services tab, then in services tab click disable all microsoft services.
    Start the game like this, this way NOTHING is running at all.

If it does not start, then download game while in this state, load and update all with no virus running.

It is an Xtrap conflict with lots of our virus software - you cant just say close virus when startup has done a normal start. YOU MUST USE MSCONFIG.
    games like flight simulator need it.
  • Blank Reboot (with nothing running, not even microsoft running) doesnt work even after reinstall... not only do i have no internet connection, but i get a different error message.
    when i click Start Game, patcher wont load and neither is X-Trap or HGW game watcher... after a few minutes i get an error "Crossfire Patcher V3: failed to download version.ini" which is most likely because of no internet connection.

with all the microsoft things not loading, the patcher cant update... X-TRAP and HGW game watcher ONLY load AFTER the patcher is done... and if the patcher cant load version.ini to check and make sure its up to date, then it wont work (even if the game is fully patched beforehand).

i take it you havent fully tested all of these methods to say for certain that it should work, because i need my microsoft things to get internet so the patcher can load version.ini

this is not likely an anti-virus thing, its most likely an HGW game watcher thing or maybe X-TRAP thing. i looked at other games running X-TRAP (googled) and their games has already released a patch to make X-TRAP and w.e work... so maybe i think i should leave for now and wait for a patch, that is if i dont forget about this game until then.
This discussion has been closed.