CF Anti Hacking Measures - Z8Games Hates hackers too!

Comments

• It does with an IP ban.

IPs can be easily changed so it's not the greatest way to ban someone.
  • Eoyr wrote: »
    Woah... good to see CF here having a great progress against hacker. I hope our CF publisher here in Indonesia do the same thing, cause they sucks bad against hacker, and no comunicating skill to build a great relationship between the publisher and the the player community. me and many of my friend has send many report with a replay about hacker, and they done nothing at all! all they care is about the money they make!

i wish u a good luck...
    GM, Smilegate, X-trap, and all CF community player here may become a great example for us player and the CF publisher around the globe.

continue ur great job guys ;)

Uh, I play CF Indonesia and the hacking situation there is 500x better than the bull**** in this version. I used to live in the US and played this ****ty version. The amount of hackers in this version is 20x of what we get in Cf Indo. It's even worse in this version.

I moved back to Indonesia last year.

Ni, kalau ga percaya ini char gw di CF Indo dan Cf intr.

http://crossfire.lytogame.com/clan/profil.asp?id=2441319

http://clan.z8games.com/charstat_cf.aspx?usn=9823322
  • Whatever you do deserve respect, and I was true for those that hackers actually a little less.

You could open a special section that-be to block players that shoot through walls. This hack does not require evidence, and it's 100% obvious. A hack of this type have not in the list of hacks in web form. Add it to your list and your job will become easier.
  • aRusher wrote: »
    IPs can be easily changed so it's not the greatest way to ban someone.

Exactly, IPs can be changed in matter of minutes not to say seconds. HardwareID is more effective. Imagine that because someone used any sort of hacking will need to change some computer parts or get a new one in order to play this game. That's a big hassle and waste of time
  • awr_derp wrote: »
    Uh, I play CF Indonesia and the hacking situation there is 500x better than the bull**** in this version. I used to live in the US and played this ****ty version. The amount of hackers in this version is 20x of what we get in Cf Indo. It's even worse in this version.

I moved back to Indonesia last year.

Ni, kalau ga percaya ini char gw di CF Indo dan Cf intr.

http://crossfire.lytogame.com/clan/profil.asp?id=2441319

http://clan.z8games.com/charstat_cf.aspx?usn=9823322
    i'm talking about the publisher effort... not the quantities of the hacker. :sweat
  • Hi GM! Apparently, my friend only hacked once and he got a permanent banned.. He is unable to contact to z8games and he would like to ask you that what can he do to get his account unbanned! Thanks
    Jamesbound007
  • Hi GM! Apparently, my friend only hacked once and he got a permanent banned.. He is unable to contact to z8games and he would like to ask you that what can he do to get his account unbanned! Thanks
    Jamesbound007
    They never take back permanent bans and he is unable to contact support for a reason.
  • you guys should make the game like the host is almost all powerful in the room (able to kick, not kick etc. )

And how this would work? Of course at the start everyone would be able to host a game at the start but after every game and kick there is a chance for a every player in the room vote for hosts acts, if he is legit host, kicking rackers etc. etc. or if he's doing a bad thing, kicking players etc.

It would be pretty wild first month or so but after that the best hosts that are known to be reliable will get enough + points to get name and you guys should add a new sorting methos (by host points) which you can sort the games after how good is the hosts popularity amongst other people.

Pro's would be that no more rackers with good hosts (rackers will no doubt give minus but after all there's always about 12-16 other players who can vote '+' if the host has been fair.

I think this system would be worth a try atleast on a one server because it would help a much and rackers gets kicked by a fair hosts :3

Another pro would be that the good hosts also get good games because their game's always full than the negative/bad hosts.

Cons would be that it could be pretty hard to get to work :o but yeah.. this is like a system I have dreamt to have in CF because lets be honest, 16 people voting about a thing and atleast 10 of them needs to agree to get kicked, is a bad voting system :)

Another con would definately be how to get the system work at the start: how not to let host just kick all the players on opposite team at the start. It could be easily avoided just to make a voting system to switch a host of the game (and automatic -10 to a host points or how much is agreeing and the thing gets accepted) which could work like the way "kicking a rackers" works now, so 10/16 has to agree :)

EDIT: I wrote this rather quick so lets hope I didn't miss anything, now to bed
  • Thank you Saidin. Believe it or not I've noticed that there are less ha.ckers in the game. Please keep up the good work. Talking about autoban, instead of relying on x-trap completely, can't your devs put some logic in the program itself to detect some hac.k scenarios? E.g, if walking speed is too fast throw an error and disconnect the player. Just thinking out loud.
  • SunXP wrote: »
    This should have been posted years ago.

Better late than never, I guess.
  • Great summary of the GM's, X-Trap and SmileGate's job, thanks for the head's up.

It is true that there has been a lot less hacking in game since the recent patches.
    I think most of us don't realize just how much you guys work on this issue, and I wanna thank you for your work, keep it up!

Your right
    and i want to thank you so much 4 the hard work that your doing
    and i'd like to suggest that u guys should open a new twitter account so we can report hackers faster and easier, How about that GM ?
    & BTW thanks 4 the cookie, very delicious :D
  • I read all of it and I agree with you saidin I have been noticing less hackers too thx saidin keep up the hard work
  • Very good job, thank you.
    Just one silly question: Are you sure that the X-trap IS NOT going to make mistake on picking up the hack? Cux we all know the stupid message: "Hack tools detected" at the old days........................................................................................................ In the past, it didn't matter that much, but now it has come along with the AutoBan system.........................

I really hope ya would laugh and say: "What a silly question, we've completely fixed that long ago" when you read this reply =.=!!!
  • Some games have a reporting system, while the play continues . For example, combat arms and a.v.a online .Most importantly, fair play .
  • I read it all and missed the code :/. People who find websites saying free zp. Remember if something is too good to be true then it probably is.
  • It is truly sad that people aren't going to the forums. They miss out on so much, including a lot of information from you guys. People'll probably still complain, but since the amount of hackers have decreased, I'd assume the amount of "hackusations" will decrease in time.

Anyway, it was a nice read. It's good that you guys actually tell us what you are doing instead of being all secret about it. Glad to see that you're doing everything you can to get rid of hackers, but most of all the hack programs.
  • What's bothering me is that reporting hackers is so uncomfortable. When I'm noticing a hacker ingame who is not kicked and I want to be banned I first have to take videos and screenshots write down his ingame name. Open my browser open a support window... It does need so much time that I'd more like to spend on playing...

Good thread, 20Mins to read but it's worth it.

Perm Ban - For Busted Hackers.
  • You know, Having played this game from... I don't know, Subagame times, I've actually noticed a decrease in the trend of hackers. More often than not, I get called a hacker, and my friends get called Hackers. I've definitely noticed an improvement, and I hope this game can reach what it deserves to be.
  • during loading it said HACKTOOL detected... really... whats up... feel free to scan my system i have never had anything
  • "Auto Banning Hackers
    This brings us to the auto ban section. As discussed we pick up from a list of hundreds (and growing) hacks. Auto bans are treated as hackers 100% as the auto ban system doesn't make mistakes. However with the nature of the system it works better for us to increment the bans. Especially with the amount of people that fall to account scams, yes it is their responsibility, but some leniency must be given in this respect.

Before you start moaning about the auto ban system, take someone who actually hacks in the game 100% of the time.

The first detection they get banned for 3 days. Then they come back and hack again. Then they get banned for 7 days. Then they come back and they get detected again (this is getting funny now because they surely are using the same hack they got detected on! something we laugh at all the time), we're up to 30 days now and the next ban will become permanent.

After it's all said and done their total playing time for the game is something under 10 minutes of game time in 40 days (over a month!). So if the guy keeps hacking he's barely played the game and he's going to end up with the same result as if he was permanently banned!

The Autoban system picks up way more hackers and bans than purely watching reports do. While we can't give out the number exactly, the system picks up somewhere between 80-90% of the hackers in the game. It should be noted though that of the game population less than 5% actually hack. Even less now with the recent X-Trap update."

LOL! this happend too in CF VN =))
    the first day of the new Auto Banning hacker, we got over 10.000 acc block =))
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    The next largest regular issue we deal with in Cross Fire is the issue of "hacked accounts". Accounts do not get hacked. It's a simple truth. If accounts get hacked in the traditional sense, my game account would have been hacked years ago since it has all the weapons and I'm sure a hacker would love to play on a GM account!

Think about that logically. No one can get my account security information because I haven't told anyone. People are not secure enough with the simple things on their account. Their Login ID, Security Answer, Registered Email are all things you need to keep to yourself. We go through hoops to make it as difficult as possible to change your information. However if you go a fake website and drop down all your info trying to get free ZP you are going to lose your account. Period.

No website will give you free weapons, free zp or anything else for free. If you try to sell your account, if you give your info to your brother, if you download a keylogged hack program. These are all things that can cause you to lose your account.

Those people are stealing your accounts to hack on them. They don't have any other reason to have it. And if the account gets hacked and detected then you're not gonna get the account back. THIS IS THE TRUTH. You are responsible for your account security, therefore when you lose your account and someone hacks on it we have to punish the account. We can't reach through the internet and slap the hacker and give you a pat on the back for admitting you fell for a scam. It's just not going to happen, the account hacked in our game and we issued a ban (auto or not). You're done. Don't fall for a scam. This is a serious problem and you have to take it seriously when you make a Z8Games account.

Most of them, "hack" them, to sell them(like the acc from sushi)
  • The mr Saidin , how abouth you stop using Tsunami TS ( I know that you did because leader of that clan is RO same as me and he`s a jackass ) , How abouth you ban for who use hack forever , how abouth you add on game security that who ever got ping over 100 to get kick from game ( ya , well buy better internet , Saidin do you know that over 90% of players who got ping 100+ have at least No-Recoil , NO-Reload , Wall , even wors wall shooters etc etc etc ).
    And i ( we all players ) know that over 90% of Turks , Egypten players use hacks.
    I think that if you guys work harder and make this game fair for everyone you`ll get way more players , way more buyers , way more money and faim on this virtual world.
    With dear Ro*VisualBug
  • The mr Saidin , how abouth you stop using Tsunami TS ( I know that you did because leader of that clan is RO same as me and he`s a jackass ) , How abouth you ban for who use hack forever , how abouth you add on game security that who ever got ping over 100 to get kick from game ( ya , well buy better internet , Saidin do you know that over 90% of players who got ping 100+ have at least No-Recoil , NO-Reload , Wall , even wors wall shooters etc etc etc ).
    And i ( we all players ) know that over 90% of Turks , Egypten players use hacks.
    I think that if you guys work harder and make this game fair for everyone you`ll get way more players , way more buyers , way more money and faim on this virtual world.
    With dear Ro*VisualBug

Someone that didn't read Saidin's post...
  • blololol wrote: »
    what was on the code :( i couldnt redeem it D:

It was 500 GP.
    Jamesbound007
    Once a hacker, always a hacker!
  • Great summary, I feel a lot better now but could we have a page of everyone that has been temp banned and perm banned?