Cyber Sports Network looking to host CF Placement Tournament/League

123457»

Comments

• CSNKris wrote: »
    Okay in doing some research, I have found that some of the GP/ZP cosmetic items can be allowed, without making the matches look completely unprofessional. Let's see if this can be a compromise and go from there:

GP Items
    • Regular night vision helmet - 750 GP: 3 Days
    • Military Compass - 350 GP: 3 Days
    • Radio Backpack- 750 GP: 3 Days
    • Sprays

ZP Items
    • Any of the Berets

Keep this as simple as possible. No cosmetic items (hats compass, backback, etc,) at all. Keep the characters looking as plain as possible.

Or include ALL cosmetic items.

Allowing some items and not allowing others for cosmetic items would be too hard to monitor and too many controversies would arise.

Sprays however should definitely and 100% be allowed.
  • How are you guys going to support sprays?

There is a reason you can't use custom sprays in CS matches: Because they can distract or otherwise detract from the game.

How is spraying an image on the wall competitive? Its just silly.

Meanwhile the backpack and compass and berets sound fine to me. If people want to wear that stuff and make themselves a little more visible fine with me. Bunny backpacks and pink hats are too much though, and I'm happy they're restricted.
  • Sitting GR's and BL's can contribute highly to a cetain strat or push.
  • Bruce1nR wrote: »
    How are you guys going to support sprays?

There is a reason you can't use custom sprays in CS matches: Because they can distract or otherwise detract from the game.

How is spraying an image on the wall competitive? Its just silly.

Meanwhile the backpack and compass and berets sound fine to me. If people want to wear that stuff and make themselves a little more visible fine with me. Bunny backpacks and pink hats are too much though, and I'm happy they're restricted.

This. How can you possibly spray a picture of yourself in real life in a matter of seconds?
  • Until I change all my spray images to blanks so I don't see sht and your strat fails.

Honestly, the last time I SAW a sitting BL/GR was watching a WOGL cast.

b99_copy.jpgpb99_copy.jpg

is pretty much the majority of all my sprays.

(without the white box, clearly)
  • Bruce1nR wrote: »
    Until I change all my spray images to blanks so I don't see sht and your strat fails.

Honestly, the last time I SAW a sitting BL/GR was watching a WOGL cast.

b99_copy.jpgpb99_copy.jpg

is pretty much the majority of all my sprays.

(without the white box, clearly)

That would be illegal to do in wogl and if they found out from their anti cheat you would be banned.
  • you complain about the xm8 but you support character sprays? LOL
  • c0ntroLL wrote: »
    Keep this as simple as possible. No cosmetic items (hats compass, backback, etc,) at all. Keep the characters looking as plain as possible.

Or include ALL cosmetic items.

Allowing some items and not allowing others for cosmetic items would be too hard to monitor and too many controversies would arise.

Sprays however should definitely and 100% be allowed.

Alright, in taking the consideration of the feedback very recently, I am going to do this:

This is NOT permanent, they are going to be the rules for the Placement Tournament only. Season rules can be changed based on user-feedback from the tournament experience. I will be releasing the final rules soon. I am going to be going with simple, less is more first, and then we can expand on that after the Tournament. News of the placement tournament will be released as the rules are finalized.
  • kayCeee wrote: »
    looking forward to it.

New thread - Stickied. Look up from this thread, haha :)
  • ROC_RuFuS wrote: »
    Looks good, Count ROC in.

Just make sure to get your team in quickly. There are 18 teams on the sign-up sheet right now, but 36 total teams are registered under the Crossfire name. I will keep an eye on how many teams register on the site with a full team before talks of expanding the tournament size. But be quick about getting a spot before the 32 fill up.
  • :) GJ more LADDERS MORE LEAGUES MORE GAMING COMPETITION FOR ALL OF US CF NERDS. This is very good for the community. I think if you add more competition like TDM leagues or ESCAPE MODE an Ghost tournaments, then you will see more clans an more users gaining even more interest in the CSNetwork an the sponsors will be happy aswell as the players who are looking foward to compete in any way they can.