Disconnected due to Incorrect player/map info - Updated post please read

Comments

• I have disconnected my linksys router and go directly from my modem to my computer and I am able to play Crossfire with no more (incorrect map info errors). I have tried this for several days before posting this, switching back and forth between router and modem. I know this is not as fix but atleast I am able to play now.
  • in game id 1_4M_M4X
    All maps
    I can only play about 2 min.

samesies
    ign: -cL[Erocks]
    sometimes i dc b4 getting into a map :S
    cant do anything
  • maybe its the scripts error that causes the game to fail
    SO if Z8 were to remove some patches then perhaps it would stop failing?

:)

Cos this incorrect map info is annoying
  • pleaseeeeee help

disconnected all the time god dam i have mony in this shi..t game help us
  • Lol this is stupid

lets hope the patch will fix this issue..
  • Me and Greycloak tried to find a fix but couldnt yet have found the reason why we are DC'ing using wireshark. Greycloak has passed information to Saidin, and possibly hopefully Saidin has passed it to the developers. We can expect a fix real soon.
  • THREAT_EXE wrote: »
    Me and Greycloak tried to find a fix but couldnt yet have found the reason why we are DC'ing using wireshark. Greycloak has passed information to Saidin, and possibly hopefully Saidin has passed it to the developers. We can expect a fix real soon.

Greycloak and I

grammer error
  • From what I've been able to tell it looks like this is due to a communication error, although I'm not sure of the exact nature. Normal TCP connections go through a 3 way handshake to establish communications: SYN, SYN-ACK, ACK. When I view threat_exe's wireshark log I can see: SYN, SYN-ACK, RST. So it looks like somehow the handshake isn't being completed.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the game itself, but likely a problem with the way either Windows or your network card is handling the transmission of data. Hopefully we will have a solution for you soon.
  • Your In Game Name: ElevenXray

The Map You were playing on: Every map

How many times a day this happened: Just started happening today and happens every time I try to play.

What other programs were you running in the background of Cross Fire: AVG Free, Spybot-SD, Avast Anti-virus.

Listing your processes:

(Minus Firefox)
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m215/FlipinGun/processes.png

I also run windows 7 if anyone is curios.
  • Incorrect map info.

Your In Game Name. StickyPawn.

The Map You were playing on. Blackwidow.

How many times a day this happened.
    Three.
    What other programs were you running in the background of Cross Fire. Ventrilo, Internet Explorer.
  • fix please

In-game name: akiragod
    Server: every server and every channel
    Map: every map
    Times a day: after about 10 seconds every time i try to play in-game
    Other processes running: none

Please fix this its driving me crazy.
  • there isn't any permanent fix, I still feel that there is something wrong with the server, patch notes

Or anything somewhere, probably will take an extremely long time
    Considering that 3months have passed?

-.-
  • Hello Players.

We have new information we need to collect from you regarding this disconnect issue.

Please list the manufacturer of your ROUTER (if any) that you are playing on. If not please list that too.
  • It looks like we may be getting closer to a solution. Anyone who is getting this error and is using a router, try plugging your computer directly into your modem thus bypassing the router. If it works then we have narrowed it down to a router issue.

You can also refer to your router's documentation on how to add computers to the demilitarized zone (DMZ). This puts the computer outside of the router's firewall. So far this seems to have worked for at least one person. If you try this I highly recommend making sure that the Windows Firewall is active on your connection.
  • Me and Grey has been working on this for past 3 days, trying out different solutions, today it seems that my router was the problem.

I switched router firewall off first, CF started working properly, then greycload advised me to use the DMZ feature and i used it and now its working.

I have tested the same thing with 2 other friends that use the same router and it is working.

Hope this works for you.
  • I agree that it appears wireless routers are the main cause of this problem. I've noticed recently that my router is acting up (not just with Crossfire) so that could be the cause of my problem.

I also sometimes play during school on their computers and Crossfire runs amazingly smooth with under 60 ping. I however, cannot connect directly to my modem because of house circumstances...so....man :(

Anyways

IGN: Namwin

Map you were playing on: All of them

How many times a day this happened: Usually 15-20 min after I start, then it's continuous and almost immediate upon login after that. Have to restart the computer just to get it to be 15-20 min again. VERY rarely, I can miraculously play after the 15-20 min without DCing and the problem disappears for that one sitting and I can play for hours without DCing.

Router: Netgear
    Modem: Motorola
  • Namwinz wrote: »
    I agree that it appears wireless routers are the main cause of this problem. I've noticed recently that my router is acting up (not just with Crossfire) so that could be the cause of my problem.

I also sometimes play during school on their computers and Crossfire runs amazingly smooth with under 60 ping. I however, cannot connect directly to my modem because of house circumstances...so....man :(

Anyways

IGN: Namwin

Map you were playing on: All of them

How many times a day this happened: Usually 15-20 min after I start, then it's continuous and almost immediate upon login after that. Have to restart the computer just to get it to be 15-20 min again. VERY rarely, I can miraculously play after the 15-20 min without DCing and the problem disappears for that one sitting and I can play for hours without DCing.

Router: Netgear
    Modem: Motorola

There can be other solution other than directly connecting to modem.
  • Your In Game Name.
    LostCity
    The Map You were playing on.
    Powerplant, Mexico, Alaska, Zone 13 basically almost all the maps
    How many times a day this happened.
    This has happened every game (unless the game was ending)
    What other programs were you running in the background of Cross Fire. (things like xfire, or ventrillo, virus scanner etc)
    aim, xfire
  • but, some people like me only d/c in every pub but i nevered d/c in a clan war why is this?
    i dont really think its the router problem since i haven't d/c before the next patch came out
  • The fact of the matter is that three different people who were receiving this error got it corrected today by adding their computers to the DMZ in the router. I have checked on the network traffic, and even if the game isnt running they were unable to maintain a proper connection to the xtrap server. Not only that, but when they plugged their computer directly into the cablemodem the game functions perfectly.

These three people also never had problems on the clan server.

Also, a word of caution: if you do use the DMZ feature of your router, be sure that the window firewall is active if you do not have other firewall software.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Hello Players.

We have new information we need to collect from you regarding this disconnect issue.

Please list the manufacturer of your ROUTER (if any) that you are playing on. If not please list that too.

i use a BELKIN - N1 SERIES wireless router, i dont use the wireless for my gaming PC..i have directly connected my PC to the router using ethernet cable. I only get this error when i play Mutation Mode.

belkinvision.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hope this info helps. thank you
  • I believe that is the same router that threat_exe is using. Consult the user manual on how to move your computer into the demilitarized zone (DMZ) and make sure your windows firewall is enabled. That should allow you to play without disconnects.

If you can't figure it out, PM me with the exact full model number of the router (it should be on a sticker somewhere) and I can walk you through it.

Regardless of whether its a wired or wireless connection, everything passes through the router's firewall by default.
  • IGN; SkorcHades
    Maps; Nearly all
    Occurances; every second game almost, it lets me play for 5 minutes, then it just crashes
    Another problem is also random disconections which seem to happen around the same time. (5-10 mins after starting crossfire so possibly related)
    Other Programs; only Avast! antivirus and C-media 3D audio configuration
    Both are running in background and shouldn't affect the game files.
  • Wait so 'why' don't you d/c on the clan server?
  • I'm not really sure about that, but that's the way it seems to be. I have an idea, but I don't want to say anything unless I know for sure.
  • I believe that is the same router that threat_exe is using. Consult the user manual on how to move your computer into the demilitarized zone (DMZ) and make sure your windows firewall is enabled. That should allow you to play without disconnects.

If you can't figure it out, PM me with the exact full model number of the router (it should be on a sticker somewhere) and I can walk you through it.

Regardless of whether its a wired or wireless connection, everything passes through the router's firewall by default.

i followed ur instructions and placed my gaming pc in the DMZ zone and my windows firewall is enabled by default. Now i will have to play for a few hours and i will let u know the results. Thank You
  • i use a linksys router and i only start to disconnect this past month. i never disconnected before. and i cant use a modem because my brother has the modem so i use a linksys adapter to get internet.
  • i heard tomorrow patch would fix this error hopefully
  • Ceeee wrote: »
    There can be other solution other than directly connecting to modem.

I'm just saying that's what it seems to be at the moment. If there's a different problem then I will stand corrected
  • i use a linksys router and i only start to disconnect this past month. i never disconnected before. and i cant use a modem because my brother has the modem so i use a linksys adapter to get internet.

Try putting your computer in the demilitarized zone (DMZ) like I suggested, or disable the router's firewall.
    QiiK wrote: »
    i heard tomorrow patch would fix this error hopefully

This is very unlikely since the problem is definitely based on the router and has nothing to do with the game client itself.
This discussion has been closed.