Important Announcement - CrossFire No Longer supports WINDOWS XP

Comments

• Atheistic wrote: »
    Your completely right but on balance it has to be this way.

And if people didn't hack in the first place then everyone would be unbanned as it would be their first ban.

The best thing you can do is make a real proper and legit account and just ditch your past tbh.

After buying vips, spend time on it, and get SOME "rare" ribbons?

never_zpsc3fe2f56.png
  • watch this is exactly what it will say when they reply to my ticket : We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Recently we have found evidence which proves this account was using malicious software within Cross Fire. This is against our terms and conditions and a ban has been placed on this account.

We would also like to take this time to remind you that Z8Games takes no responsibility for the actions on an account that might have been compromised or lost in some way. If the rules are broken on the account we must take action against that account, regardless of the physical person that might have been playing on it at that time.

hhhhh i wish they would show me that evidence :D

Yes but what they are saying is:

You might have been banned wrongly this time but because you have hacked and have been banned before they will not reset this ban.

This is probably because they can't tell whether people did actually hack or not.

And since your untrustworthy, or are inclined to hack due to your history then they won't reverse your ban.

TBH like I saw before you pheraps should make a new untainted account and keep it legit.
    It's because the hack edits the roomname.txt located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Z8Games\CrossFire\rez\UI\Scripts

After even if you don't use the hack that text will remain.

Ok so correct me if I'm wrong....If my friend "doesn't" hack, and he made a room and it was automatically named (hack name), that means he used to hack? :D

If yes this will be the troll of life xD
  • moekhaled wrote: »
    After buying vips, spend time on it, and get SOME "rare" ribbons?

never_zpsc3fe2f56.png

I wish we could edit posts here, but yes.

Or just accept the fact that this ban will remain and that this might happen again which would further increment the ban.

Also this account may not be able to take part in some events like the one we had before and maybe even some future promotions etc.
    Ok so correct me if I'm wrong....If my friend "doesn't" hack, and he made a room and it was automatically named (hack name), that means he used to hack? :D

Some people actually change the room name on purpose. I know I used to do that lol

If he creates the room within 2/3 seconds doubt he would of had long enough to type it in

Yes it does if he created the room and didn't just simply take host

If that the case that be funny.
    Almost as funny as the time Special-Grenades instant killed hackers (even teammate hackers) with the most common hack at the time. It was some glitch int he hack that made them take a lot more damage from Special-Grenades or something like that. Most of my team kills were from that weekend. I just threw a grenade at the beginning of the round and 0-4 players would die instantly, made so many hackers rage quit.
    I wish we could edit posts here, but yes.

Also this account may not be able to take part in some events like the one we had before and maybe even some future promotions etc.

I know right? GM Saidin...LET US EDIT xD
    and yea I know if you were banned before you don't get to participate in SOME events. HUGE event are open for everyone....I believe.
    Some people actually change the room name on purpose. I know I used to do that lol

If he creates the room within 2/3 seconds doubt he would of had long enough to type it in
    Atheistic wrote: »
    Yes it does if he created the room and didn't just simply take host

It was made in like 2 sec, I'm sure it was automatically. LOL I must take SSs of this convo *gigglezzzzzz*
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    As with all software, we can only provide support when the software is legitimate.

Since this is also dealing with some of the hacking issues that have risen recently, we felt it was important to note that your copy of your OS should be legitimate. Hacked or Pirated copies of software and operating systems are never going to work as well as legitimate ones, but mostly we cannot provide support if your CF doesn't work with a hacked version of Windows.

Never had any problems, IF i get, then i get ;) works like normal windows 7.
  • great work z8games, Thanks for the quick fix :D
  • KillaTheCN wrote: »
    I am still banned why Saidin?

You had a previous ban before this current ban. Instead of flipping and lifting your current ban they will leave it as is.

If you didn't get banned previously for cheating then you could be playing right now.
    I am still banned why Saidin?

If this wasn't you first ban, then you will have to wait until the ban period is over.
    If this wasn't you first ban, then you will have to wait until the ban period is over.

was my 1st ban, even reinstalled windows xp and i can play just fine on sp2. got 4 accounts banned from this, tho i only care about my main account ]K[illa
  • ThePurv wrote: »
    You had a previous ban before this current ban. Instead of flipping and lifting your current ban they will leave it as is.

If you didn't get banned previously for cheating then you could be playing right now.
    Never been banned before this, account was blocked 1 time due to charge back but i got it fixed and ribbon restored but that was like 3 years ago.
    Players who have had a previous autoban for hacking have not had any of their bans removed. You have lost the trust of your fellow gamers by hacking in the past. This recent ban does not mean you get a free pass because you may or may not have been hacking.

Sweet, so does that means #3 farmer will say perm banned Huehuehue!

Hopefully the other top farmers this was their 3rd time getting banned :).

You should still do what I told you do to in the other post :)

Look into »Pàlèstinè«™ most of the botters come from that clan, look on their hours they been on for, most of them are on all day/night long in D9 in their locked rooms botting away.
  • Do chargebacks count as bans? Because it wasn't for a hack, just some payment issues. Are other people already unbanned?
  • Do chargebacks count as bans? Because it wasn't for a hack, just some payment issues. Are other people already unbanned?

Thats what i am asking aswell, i am john williams the maker of that video showing a new account being banned on window xp sp3 same hack tool detected as all of my other accounts. Last night i used my windows xp recovery disc that came with computer didnt update anything logged on the game and was playing on a noob account mostly all night. Is there anyway to contact z8games without going through support? My support ticked on ]K[illa still has not been answered :/...
    Attention CrossFire players,

As of April 8th, 2014 Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP with updates.

As a result of this, CrossFire will no longer be issuing any technical support for players who have Windows XP and run into problems with CrossFire.

Recently we have stepped up our anti-hacking measures which has included going after a difficult to detect hack. We were successful in that approach and have seen less hackers in game recently.

As a result of us detecting this hack, many users with Windows XP Service Pack 3 were banned.

In fact we tracked this particular incompatibility down to a language pack used in Internet Explorer within Windows XP SP 3 which has been fixed.

Our hack protection systems continue to detect the hacks, however we have been able to update them to account for the accidental blocking of legitimate users due to Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Because of this false positive, players who have never had a ban record will have their ban record removed and their honorable soldier ribbon restored.

please note it may take up to 24 hours to restore your ribbon.

Players who have had a previous autoban for hacking have not had any of their bans removed. You have lost the trust of your fellow gamers by hacking in the past. This recent ban does not mean you get a free pass because you may or may not have been hacking.

We are confident that our systems are picking up these newer hacks and we continue to do all we can against hackers and to improve the game.

We are by no means out of the woods, however continual updates to our anti-hacking measures may result in Windows XP incompatibility. Windows XP is an old, unsupported operating system and we may not be able to fix your problem should it arise again.

We recommend players upgrade their Operating System to a legitimate copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.

In addition, please note that Windows 8.1 support is still in development and while CF should run fine on Windows 8.1 it may not be fully supported.
    No mention on Windows 98se ? lawl ~
    Good Job ?
    Thats what i am asking aswell, i am john williams the maker of that video showing a new account being banned on window xp sp3 same hack tool detected as all of my other accounts. Last night i used my windows xp recovery disc that came with computer didnt update anything logged on the game and was playing on a noob account mostly all night. Is there anyway to contact z8games without going through support? My support ticked on ]K[illa still has not been answered :/...

All my experiences with support take a while, I know there used to be a phone number, I don't know if its still working. I would google it if I was you.
    I had some charge back and it counted as a ban / hence loss of HR
  • claphead2 wrote: »
    I had some charge back and it counted as a ban / hence loss of HR

You get the ribbon back if you go through support and get your account unblocked. So that should not count as a ban.
    You get the ribbon back if you go through support and get your account unblocked. So that should not count as a ban.

That's what I did. And since chargebacks do not affect other players by playing with cheats, they should not count. So I'm asking again, has anyone else been unbanned yet? I'm assuming it was my first warning as I only got a 3 day ban, not a 7 day or permanent one. I
    am just dying to get back on and play...
  • That's what I did. And since chargebacks do not affect other players by playing with cheats, they should not count. So I'm asking again, has anyone else been unbanned yet? I'm assuming it was my first warning as I only got a 3 day ban, not a 7 day or permanent one. I
    am just dying to get back on and play...

Same just 3days. When you login to your main on forums does it still say reason: Hack? Logged into one of my alts and it gave me a number to contact just called it no answer so left a message :/..
  • Where is the apology for the legit users that where banned

Its not like it was a month after windows stopped support that the bans happened.Wasnt even a week when all this went down and i may have missed this but i didnt see any apology from saiden about the legit users banned whom u have cast a shadow on because of this and made me look like a ASS in my clan and my friends......all we heard was u cheated....well let me tell u something saiden u have CHEATED us out of our respect due to the fact u didnt issue any type of apology for us people that where perfectly legal.When will the bans b lifted or do we have to wait? when i logg in now its given a number to contact support and this number has been busy for 6 hrs straight now.
  • richardw50 wrote: »
    Its not like it was a month after windows stopped support that the bans happened.Wasnt even a week when all this went down and i may have missed this but i didnt see any apology from saiden about the legit users banned whom u have cast a shadow on because of this and made me look like a ASS in my clan and my friends......all we heard was u cheated....well let me tell u something saiden u have CHEATED us out of our respect due to the fact u didnt issue any type of apology for us people that where perfectly legal.When will the bans b lifted or do we have to wait? when i logg in now its given a number to contact support and this number has been busy for 6 hrs straight now.

I have supported z8 and this game for 5 yrs and always been cheat free...
    U think we are owed some sort of apology here?
  • richardw50 wrote: »

Well my clan didn't judge me when i explained to them, but i am sure a few were thinking in their heads "is he really legit?". I hope the bans get lifted soon, tired of playing with an alt with m16 and the new gp shop gun. Richard when this is all done and fixed add me on crossfire xD ign: ]K[illa
    Players who have had a previous autoban for hacking

It's bans for hacking.... No chargebacks...
    It's bans for hacking.... No chargebacks...

Funny anyone wait charged back accounts who got banned 3 days, when trying to login to forums still says Banned Reason Hack. Accounts non charge backed are saying to call support at some number. We are asking for reasons.
  • VATAV wrote: »
    If that the case that be funny.
    Almost as funny as the time Special-Grenades instant killed hackers (even teammate hackers) with the most common hack at the time. It was some glitch int he hack that made them take a lot more damage from Special-Grenades or something like that. Most of my team kills were from that weekend. I just threw a grenade at the beginning of the round and 0-4 players would die instantly, made so many hackers rage quit.

Ahh! The good old days...:(
This discussion has been closed.