Important Announcement - CrossFire No Longer supports WINDOWS XP

Attention CrossFire players,

As of April 8th, 2014 Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP with updates.

As a result of this, CrossFire will no longer be issuing any technical support for players who have Windows XP and run into problems with CrossFire.

Recently we have stepped up our anti-hacking measures which has included going after a difficult to detect hack. We were successful in that approach and have seen less hackers in game recently.

As a result of us detecting this hack, many users with Windows XP Service Pack 3 were banned.

In fact we tracked this particular incompatibility down to a language pack used in Internet Explorer within Windows XP SP 3 which has been fixed.

Our hack protection systems continue to detect the hacks, however we have been able to update them to account for the accidental blocking of legitimate users due to Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Because of this false positive, players who have never had a ban record will have their ban record removed and their honorable soldier ribbon restored.

please note it may take up to 24 hours to restore your ribbon.

Players who have had a previous autoban for hacking have not had any of their bans removed. You have lost the trust of your fellow gamers by hacking in the past. This recent ban does not mean you get a free pass because you may or may not have been hacking.

We are confident that our systems are picking up these newer hacks and we continue to do all we can against hackers and to improve the game.

We are by no means out of the woods, however continual updates to our anti-hacking measures may result in Windows XP incompatibility. Windows XP is an old, unsupported operating system and we may not be able to fix your problem should it arise again.

We recommend players upgrade their Operating System to a legitimate copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.

In addition, please note that Windows 8.1 support is still in development and while CF should run fine on Windows 8.1 it may not be fully supported.

Comments

• haha

windows 7 crew checking in

feel sorry for the people who cant play now ahah.. not
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »

As a result of this, CrossFire will no longer be issuing any technical support for players who have Windows XP and run into problems with CrossFire.

Recently we have stepped up our anti-hacking measures which has included going after a difficult to detect hack. We were successful in that approach and have seen less hackers in game recently.

As a result of us detecting this hack, many users with Windows XP Service Pack 3 were banned.

In fact we tracked this particular incompatibility down to a language pack used in Internet Explorer within Windows XP SP 3 which has been fixed.

Our hack protection systems continue to detect the hacks, however we have been able to update them to account for the accidental blocking of legitimate users due to Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Because of this false positive, players who have never had a ban record will have their ban record removed and their honorable soldier ribbon restored.

Players who have had a previous autoban for hacking have not had any of their bans removed. You have lost the trust of your fellow gamers by hacking in the past does not mean you get a free pass because you may or may not have been hacking in the future.

We are confident that our systems are picking up these newer hacks and we continue to do all we can against hackers and to improve the game.

We are by no means out of the woods, however continual updates to our anti-hacking measures may result in Windows XP incompatibility. Windows XP is an old, unsupported operating system and we may not be able to fix your problem should it arise again.

We recommend players upgrade their Operating System to a legitimate copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.

In addition, please note that Windows 8.1 support is still in development and while CF Should run fine on Windows 8.1 it may not be fully supported.

Nice work, its fixed in a short time.
    yes windows 8.1 was weird while running the game-client. but i got now windows 8.0 and it works fine :) good job

hope the other forums can be finaly closed and all enjoy their game:)
  • ForumerCR7 wrote: »
    Nice work, its fixed in a short time.
    yes windows 8.1 was weird while running the game-client. but i got now windows 8.0 and it works fine :) good job

hope the other forums can be finaly closed and all enjoy their game:)

so me can play with windows sp3 ? me scared
  • Windows Vista would still be compatible with CF as well?
  • KnezLazar wrote: »
    so me can play with windows sp3 ? me scared

dont worry, you can play crossfire again. Saidin said that the issues are fixed and that everbody get them ribbon back in 24 hours. but also a message:
    CrossFire will no longer be issuing any technical support for players who have Windows XP and run into problems with CrossFire.

That means if you get problems with crossfire while running sp3 xp you wont get much help. so the best is to upgrade.
    one_9 wrote: »
    Windows Vista would still be compatible with CF as well?

yes it would, everthing is safe only there are still problems with windows 8.1 but it will get fixed soon also.
  • Great, LEGIMATE copy? Pffff had one.

now you dont have anyone?
  • Great, LEGIMATE copy? Pffff had one.

As with all software, we can only provide support when the software is legitimate.

Since this is also dealing with some of the hacking issues that have risen recently, we felt it was important to note that your copy of your OS should be legitimate. Hacked or Pirated copies of software and operating systems are never going to work as well as legitimate ones, but mostly we cannot provide support if your CF doesn't work with a hacked version of Windows.
  • OK, my Brother got blocked for 7 days when i was sitting next to him after he just installed a (legit) copy of windows Xp. and all he did was just log in... and
    so NOw you are saying that he will not get unban because Xtrap thinks he is hack beacause he is using windows xp?.
    he lost his honnor ribbon about a year ago. i think this isn't fair because he plays legit.

http://clan.z8games.com/charstat_cf.aspx?usn=17488699
    that is his account by the way.
  • moekhaled wrote: »
    OK, my Brother got blocked for 7 days when i was sitting next to him after he just installed a (legit) copy of windows Xp. and all he did was just log in... and
    so NOw you are saying that he will not get unban because Xtrap thinks he is hack beacause he is using windows xp?.
    he lost his honnor ribbon about a year ago. i think this isn't fair because he plays legit.

If he cheated before, he will not be given a second chance.
    If this was the first ban, he will be unbanned and re-rewarded his honorable soldier ribbon within 24 hour or so.

Exactly as is stated in Saidins post.
    OK, my Brother got blocked for 7 days when i was sitting next to him after he just installed a (legit) copy of windows Xp. and all he did was just log in... and

saidin said: If this bug was the first time you get the ribbon in 24h back.
    if not first time, it will stay away
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    If he cheated before, he will not be given a second chance.
    If this was the first ban, he will be unbanned and re-rewarded his honorable soldier ribbon within 24 hour or so.

Exactly as is stated in Saidins post.

Alright I understand.

Thanks for removing my posts.
  • secound chance for what. i'm sure you know exactly what i mean. Second chance for logging in and getting banned?. im sure i had my secound chance by getting blocked 3 days, a year ago. and i started playing legit. that is not our fault. you just don't want to admit that it's not fair.
    btw im the owner of LIOn this is my alt. and i would love to see what proves that i did hack to get my acc blocked the second time.
  • And they called us crazy when we started looking at XP being the cause, so no more errors and X-trap isn't banning players anymore do to its biased OS preference?
    Players who have had a previous autoban for hacking have not had any of their bans removed. You have lost the trust of your fellow gamers by hacking in the past. This recent ban does not mean you get a free pass because you may or may not have been hacking.

This is the best part ;)

Hope we can go another week without a bunch of hackers about...
  • If you look back at the forums you would see how MOD Dot calling us crazy, and saying that we blame it at windows XP.
    great MOD dot what happend to what you were saying yesterday on all the posts?

This is a good thing, harsher punishments...

However it's probably because you can't distinguish who was wrongly banned or not.

Anyway Good job.
  • This is the best part ;)

Hope we can go another week without a bunch of hackers about...

The first week was pretty much...AWESOME! without the hackers. I havn't logged in yet this week so I have no idea how is the game going.

Good job Saidin/Z8 staff!
  • <deleted>

Loool watch your post be deleted, a lot of people were unclear of the situation to be fair though..
  • Loool watch your post be deleted, a lot of people were unclear of the situation to be fair though..

If you are talking about fair, They should had took our "complain" in mind. Instead of closing my thread and call my "friends" hackers.

I'm not saying Dot isn't fair! That is his duty on the forums to close unneeded threads and keep it going. *he is mean sometimes shhhhh* :D:D:cool::cool::cool:

In addition, please note that Windows 8.1 support is still in development and while CF should run fine on Windows 8.1 it may not be fully supported.
    moekhaled wrote: »
    The first week was pretty much...AWESOME! without the hackers. I havn't logged in yet this week so I have no idea how is the game going.

Good job Saidin/Z8 staff!

It's still going great.

It would be awesome if they kept on top of these hacks though and did something before the hack threshold reaches 1 hacker per room.
  • i'm sure it's probably because you can't distinguish who was wrongly banned or not...
    They were like we will unban anyone who was his first ban, because they don't want the hackers back. oh great.
    now looks like they don't want to admit that it's probably because you can't distinguish who was wrongly banned or not.
  • i'm sure it's probably because you can't distinguish who was wrongly banned or not...
    They were like we will unban anyone who was his first ban, because they don't want the hackers back. oh great.
    now looks like they don't want to admit that it's probably because you can't distinguish who was wrongly banned or not.

Your completely right but on balance it has to be this way.

And if people didn't hack in the first place then everyone would be unbanned as it would be their first ban.

The best thing you can do is make a real proper and legit account and just ditch your past tbh.
  • A question......

So i guess this is off topic right now but , Is there any problem with windows 8 and/or Windows 8.1?

Just making sure :)
  • So i guess this is off topic right now but , Is there any problem with windows 8 and/or Windows 8.1?

I use windows 7 it's fine :)
  • Atheistic wrote: »
    It's still going great.

It would be awesome if they kept on top of these hacks though and did something before the hack threshold reaches 1 hacker per room.

Thanks for letting me know!!

Last week there were no hackers in game, yet I saw rooms called (hack name, for security purposes:p) and when my friend went to make a wave mode room, it was automatically named (hack name).

I'm not sure of how that happened, but there was no hackers in game!!
  • So i guess this is off topic right now but , Is there any problem with windows 8 and/or Windows 8.1?

Other then it being Windows 8? Heard Normal 8 works fine, 8.1 has a few issues.

<-- Windows 8 Hater
  • Atheistic wrote: »
    Your completely right but on balance it has to be this way.

And if people didn't hack in the first place then everyone would be unbanned as it would be their first ban.

The best thing you can do is make a real proper and legit account and just ditch your past tbh.

watch this is exactly what it will say when they reply to my ticket : We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Recently we have found evidence which proves this account was using malicious software within Cross Fire. This is against our terms and conditions and a ban has been placed on this account.

We would also like to take this time to remind you that Z8Games takes no responsibility for the actions on an account that might have been compromised or lost in some way. If the rules are broken on the account we must take action against that account, regardless of the physical person that might have been playing on it at that time.

hhhhh i wish they would show me that evidence :D
    Thanks for letting me know!!

Last week there were no hackers in game, yet I saw rooms called (hack name, for security purposes:p) and when my friend went to make a wave mode room, it was automatically named (hack name).

I'm not sure of how that happened, but there was no hackers in game!!

It's because the hack edits the roomname.txt located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Z8Games\CrossFire\rez\UI\Scripts

After even if you don't use the hack that text will remain.
This discussion has been closed.