Mod Applicant Support!

Comments

• kSteal wrote: »
    Is it true you're a man?
    No, its not. That's just what a couple of trolls want everyone to believe. Apparently there is some rule against women stating they are women and writing in pink. According to troll logic, I can only be a woman if I keep it a secret.
  • Everyone done bashing each other? Good. Next applicant with my blessings:

Sebbern*

*He'd have to be as active as he was 6 months-1 year ago. I don't see him post as much nowadays.
  • noobleteer wrote: »
    ty for banning u know who!!!! +1 rep for my man 9

all humans are biased by nature mods r normal people to and if som1 diserves ass woopn then woop there ass.. its not like a mod is a judge..

VOTE MITT ROMNMEY

You deserve an "ass woopn" if only because of your horribly atrocious grammar.

I still say Gods would make a good MOD, but I don't think he'd leave OL.
  • You deserve an "ass woopn" if only because of your horribly atrocious grammar.

I still say Gods would make a good MOD, but I don't think he'd leave OL.

Trust me... don't expect it :p
  • DDump wrote: »
    but then I guess he'd have to stop his certain video channel on youtube...

Not at all.
  • Delaco1 wrote: »
    GoPancakes

me_gusta_0341.jpg

On a more serious note, I think that there's way too much negative bias for GodsGunman. Sure, he might have a temper, a nonexistant word filter and/or a foul mouth, but that doesn't give you any permission to bash everything he does.

Sure, his gun stats might be "inaccurate", but honestly, can you do better? (If you answered yes, I'd really love to see your gun guide.)

The same goes vise versa. Whatever anyone(more specifically, mods) says or does simply doesn't give GodsGunman permission to treat them with contempt, rudely and insultingly.

In fact, the same goes for everyone, including me.

If we really cared about this community, we wouldn't be bashing each other for the sake of making the other person look stupid or making yourself look justified. We would be more concerned with keeping the community moderated, with insults, negativity and rudeness to a minimum.

No one person or group is to be blamed for this, almost all of us are at fault for this, and as such, almost all of us need to help in order to create a more positive environment.
  • Why is everyone discussing credibility? Why not just let the Z8 staff decide who is perfect for the spot? Quit attacking each other with bad personal experiences between you and someone else.

-_-

I have respect for this dude, he should be mod. :)
  • GoPancakes wrote: »
    me_gusta_0341.jpg

On a more serious note, I think that there's way too much negative bias for GodsGunman. Sure, he might have a temper, a nonexistant word filter and/or a foul mouth, but that doesn't give you any permission to bash everything he does.

Sure, his gun stats might be "inaccurate", but honestly, can you do better? (If you answered yes, I'd really love to see your gun guide.)

The same goes vise versa. Whatever anyone(more specifically, mods) says or does simply doesn't give GodsGunman permission to treat them with contempt, rudely and insultingly.

In fact, the same goes for everyone, including me.

If we really cared about this community, we wouldn't be bashing each other for the sake of making the other person look stupid or making yourself look justified. We would be more concerned with keeping the community moderated, with insults, negativity and rudeness to a minimum.

No one person or group is to be blamed for this, almost all of us are at fault for this, and as such, almost all of us need to help in order to create a more positive environment.

attachment.php?attachmentid=391326&d=1330462494
  • GoPancakes wrote: »
    On a more serious note, I think that there's way too much negative bias for GodsGunman. Sure, he might have a temper, a nonexistant word filter and/or a foul mouth, but that doesn't give you any permission to bash everything he does...
    I first would have to take a seriously look at myself before I could judge him on such behavior. In fact, I think I've been worse than he is when it comes to a temper and a foul mouth.
  • Frecklez wrote: »
    I first would have to take a seriously look at myself before I could judge him on such behavior. In fact, I think I've been worse than he is when it comes to a temper and a foul mouth.

The best people are always treated the worst, it's okay *hugs*
  • GodsGunman wrote: »
    Oh I know right.
  • The only thing I hate GGs video is that he barely make a gameplay review
    He could play and tell the stats at the same time
  • GodsGunman wrote: »
    I hear ya, mate.
  • namenkoo wrote: »
    The only thing I hate GGs video is that he barely make a gameplay review
    He could play and tell the stats at the same time

That's actually how NOT to do it.

More accurate and easier to get the information when it's written on the screen or typed in chat, not when you're watching gameplay and trying to get the information at the same time.

Just imo.
  • OneBadLixo wrote: »
    That's actually how NOT to do it.

More accurate and easier to get the information when it's written on the screen or typed in chat, not when you're watching gameplay and trying to get the information at the same time.

Just imo.

Well
    The test and talk is bored
  • GG's videos...too much previews!!!
    wana see more.
    I hear ya, mate.

Thats why I'm always nice to LR.
    Thats why I'm always nice to LR.
    LR as in Little Red?
    LR as in Little Red?

Or as in your ingame name / old forum name. Rodger of the good ship Lolli.
  • pRaze wrote: »
    I have respect for this dude, he should be mod. :)

Thanks mate! :) It means a bunch :)
    3 years you've known me, and you still can't get the name right, nor the concept. I'm disappointed in you, Delaco.

That's why I keep trying to get you to add me in-game, Lolli-Roger (that one is definitely the right name ;)).
  • Hm. Left this thread alone for a day and everyone seems to have resolved their differences. Good to see. Hi, would you like to weigh in with your opinions now?
  • Guess not. More applicants with my support:

l_Danah (was hoping for this one)
    MissWolf (who doesn't love her?)
    xiFusiON (BR, yet fluent in English; he'd be great for connecting with fellow BRs)
  • I tend to disagree with most of the nominations put forward so far, but it is not for me to decide. Still, I'd like to share who I'd support.

Kindly support

* Simrock: He has a nice reputation and is generally friendly and helpful.
    * EdDyZeTa: Very friendly and cool-headed BR. Might have to work on his English though.
    * Ayce1: A non-hostile and helpful figure.
    * Rationalist: Has potential, but I don't really know him too well.

Reluctantly support

* Denxi: Very clever and witty man, but also very arrogant.
    * Danah: Mature and brilliant at times, but needs work with her often-heated temper.
    * Frecklez: Same as above, risky but could be well-rewarding in the end.
    * thisgameowns: Reluctantly supporting someone from OL... Not my first pick anyway.

As for me, I *would* apply if I would be certain to be willing to dedicate most of my free-time doing moderator work. You might not like me but I'm pretty level-headed and tolerant, and I'm really laid-back unless someone really steps over the line.

Good luck to everyone.
  • iDagnasty wrote: »
    I tend to disagree with most of the nominations put forward so far, but it is not for me to decide. Still, I'd like to share who I'd support.

Kindly support

* EdDyZeTa: Very friendly and cool-headed BR. Might have to work on his English though.

Reluctantly support

* Danah: Mature and brilliant at times, but needs work with her often-heated temper.
    * thisgameowns: Reluctantly supporting someone from OL... Not my first pick anyway.

As for me, I *would* apply if I would be certain to be willing to dedicate most of my free-time doing moderator work. You might not like me but I'm pretty level-headed and tolerant, and I'm really laid-back unless someone really steps over the line.

Good luck to everyone.

Dag could I please have a bit more info to base your opinion for me, please? The only thing that I can tell is that you might reluctantly support me if the situation ever came for that and me being from OL? Could I please have some clarification, Dag?
  • Dag could I please have a bit more info to base your opinion for me, please? The only thing that I can tell is that you might reluctantly support me if the situation ever came for that and me being from OL? Could I please have some clarification, Dag?

ur probably one of the nicest persons with a positive attitude coming from OL ;)
  • iDagnasty wrote: »
    I tend to disagree with most of the nominations put forward so far, but it is not for me to decide. Still, I'd like to share who I'd support.

Kindly support

Reluctantly support

Good luck to everyone.

You haz forgotten to add SirPano to the list.
    Or majorwen.
  • Dag could I please have a bit more info to base your opinion for me, please? The only thing that I can tell is that you might reluctantly support me if the situation ever came for that and me being from OL? Could I please have some clarification, Dag?

Clan rivalry, maybe? I'm sure if someone from the clan Quiet applied for MOD, a lot of my clan mates wouldn't support them based solely on their clan affiliation (I actually think a certain member of Quiet would be a great MOD).

• I would support myself, but...

I really support simrock, Godsgunman and who knows? Maybe RTOMan :)