Clan Requirement Update - postponed to May 2015

Comments

• Does this affect all the Clan managements?
    Attention Mercenaries,

The Clan system will be undergoing some changes in the coming few weeks, which will affect all clans and the enrolled members there-within.

Starting on Tuesday March 24th, there will be several conditions implemented that will affect all clans in CrossFire NA. These conditions specifically deal with inactive clans/clan members so to avoid falling within one of these conditions make sure to visit your clan's profile, in game every now and then.

The following conditions will be applied for every clan that is more than 60 days old.
    • Clans who have less than 5 members in their roster will be given a dismissal warning. This warning will persist for 2 weeks after which, if the roster does not reach at least 5 clan members, the clan will be disbanded.

If you manage to obtain 5 or more members before the two weeks are finished then your clan will continue to exist with no issues.

• Clans who have members that are inactive for more than 60 days will have those members kicked from the clan. You must visit your clan profile at least once within every 60 days to avoid being kicked from the clan.

• The above rule about kicked clan members will also extend to the clan master. If your clan master is not active for 60 days, he will be forced out of the clan and a new clan master will be selected from the lieutenants.

If the clan has no lieutenants to select from, then a new clan master will be selected from the highest ranking, active member.

The clan master transfer will not occur if the clan has less than 5 members.

Again, these changes will go into effect starting March 24th. So make sure that your clan members have logged in and visited the clan profile to avoid being kicked from the clan.

It is very important that you make sure your clan remains active as we are not able to reverse clan deletions regardless of the reason. We also cannot act on any purchases made regarding the clan after the deletion has occurred.

Does this affect all even the Clan managements such as Lieutenants, Secretaries, Instructors, directors, and even diplomats?

Or it’s just the Clan leader and regular (Non-clan management)members?

Would be pleased generous if I get it answered by a Z8 staff or if a Mod can respond.
  • I better go check my clan daily, otherwise I would miss this.
  • Are you serious?

To me these changes appear to be quite commercially driven. There is not the slightest bit of sense of community in what you are doing. A lot of players stick to CF and to their clans just because it is their community platform while meeting on Teamspeak. They do play, for sure. But to FORCE people to log into your game make no sense at all, besides the commercial issues.

I have watched CF developing in the past 4 years and it appears to me that all you guys at Z8 do is money-driven. Maybe that is - on a long term view - not the most successful strategy.

After all, this is just my personal opinion, but I have had so many chats with other players who definitely think the same.

Good luck for the future.

AL[TAR]
  • church96 wrote: »
    To me these changes appear to be quite commercially driven. There is not the slightest bit of sense of community in what you are doing. A lot of players stick to CF and to their clans just because it is their community platform while meeting on Teamspeak. They do play, for sure. But to FORCE people to log into your game make no sense at all, besides the commercial issues.

I have watched CF developing in the past 4 years and it appears to me that all you guys at Z8 do is money-driven. Maybe that is - on a long term view - not the most successful strategy.

After all, this is just my personal opinion, but I have had so many chats with other players who definitely think the same.

Good luck for the future.

AL[TAR]

Well,they sure still do make a ton of money...otherwise why would you keep all those empty servers alive? to collect dust?
  • Nice This Is Very Good :D:D Because Low Rank Was Bad :(
  • Clan Requirement Update - postponed to May 2015

Attention Mercenaries,

We heard your feedback and adjusted the upcoming chances accordingly.
    Instead of 5 members, the clans are safe with 2 active members (including master) remaining.
    Instead of 60 days, any activity in the last 180 days will be counted.
    Instead of 60 days activity of the clan leader, 90 days inactivity will cause a clan leader demotion.

We edited those changes in the initial post. Additionally, those changes will be postponed to the first May patch.

Those changes should work for everybody and still remove the one-person and ghost clans.

In case you have inactive clan leaders in your clan that are inactive for more than 90 days currently, please contact support and provide a screenshot of your clan member overview.
    Thank you.
  • Attention Mercenaries,

Instead of 5 members, the clans are safe with 2 active members (including master) remaining.
    Instead of 60 days activity of the clan leader, 90 days inactivity will cause a clan leader demotion.

We edited those changes in the initial post. Additionally, those changes will be postponed to the first May patch.

Mhmmm...

Are the clan names going to be available (After Z8Games disbands the clan) whenever someone makes a new clan?

I tried to make a clan with a name that no one is using and it says "available" but at the last step when it says that 5k GP is going to be taken out from my account it says that it's not available.. why would it say that.. it said it was available at the 1st step lel..
  • Attention Mercenaries,

Those changes should work for everybody and still remove the one-person and ghost clans.

In case you have inactive clan leaders in your clan that are inactive for more than 90 days currently, please contact support and provide a screenshot of your clan member overview.
    Thank you.

This is way much better,altho some might still not like it..let me put it like this:

Basically if you want to save your clan,all it needs is YOU and YOUR ALT account (IF everyone else hates you and your clan /rofl /sarcasm)

And the 180 days = half a year.

Thank you for this changes :)
  • That is very harsh. Moderators should encourage activity, not force it.
  • i don't accept with new changes

180 days too many
    2 Members of the clan are very few
    :(
  • Eh.. This could be manageable. Let's just hope the clanners' here are on during May!
  • StevMa wrote: »
    Eh.. This could be manageable. Let's just hope the clanners' here are on during May!

What do you mean, manageable? Have you not heard of college? It requires full attention for 30 weeks.
  • i don't accept with new changes

180 days too many
    2 Members of the clan are very few
    :(

Actually I think the exact opposite. There are people with college priorities and jobs that demand full undivided attention and now a game wants the same thing. To put it kindly this is not manageable at all.

Also, one will be very lucky to even have two members in a clan including oneself. It was very difficult for me too.
  • Attention Mercenaries,

Thank you.

This is much better! Thank you!
  • What is not manageable? To login once for 5 MINUTES every 180 days or 90 days if you're a clan leader?

You have smartphones,make an event each 160/80 days in the calendarto login in Crossfire.

/problem solved geez
  • Actually I think the exact opposite. There are people with college priorities and jobs that demand full undivided attention and now a game wants the same thing. To put it kindly this is not manageable at all.

Also, one will be very lucky to even have two members in a clan including oneself. It was very difficult for me too.

There are hundreds of clans is not active for years...
  • why z8 always trying to make it worst?? i don't even know how this will turned out for everyone. the clan page before work just fine is just need a little update but GM took it down and made us wait for months.. that was the brightest idea z8 did.. Rofl
  • Im_A_Flip wrote: »
    why z8 always trying to make it worst?? i don't even know how this will turned out for everyone. the clan page before work just fine is just need a little update but GM took it down and made us wait for months.. that was the brightest idea z8 did.. Rofl

I ACUALLY liked the old clab page
    It looked really nice

Watch it come back a year later
    And nothin changed but the background color
  • svanced wrote: »
    What is not manageable? To login once for 5 MINUTES every 180 days or 90 days if you're a clan leader?

You have smartphones,make an event each 160/80 days in the calendarto login in Crossfire.

/problem solved geez

Why is it not manageable? Again, I have said this before, COLLEGE AND WORK. That's like giving a middle finger to the vast majority of those who have a computer let alone internet.

Also, clan activity should be encouraged, not enforced. This system is way too harsh.
  • Why is it not manageable? Again, I have said this before, COLLEGE AND WORK. That's like giving a middle finger to the vast majority of those who have a computer let alone internet.

Also, clan activity should be encouraged, not enforced. This system is way too harsh.

i sure hope you don't work 180 days straight and attend school at the same time. it does not take long at all to login and stay around for a few extra minutes. that can be done on a weekend or a holiday day off. you have 180 days out of the year to do it before changes automatically apply to your clan. they were fair enough about it that they imposed broader requirements after collecting feedback. but i firmly believe that they will remain

agreed that clan activity should be encouraged. however in a sense they are encouraging activity by imposing certain requirements, which is somewhat understandable because all these old clans (especially the inactive ones that have few members) take up data and space. they're paying for all that data and space, keep that in mind
  • i sure hope you don't work 180 days straight and attend school at the same time. it does not take long at all to login and stay around for a few extra minutes. that can be done on a weekend or a holiday day off. you have 180 days out of the year to do it before changes automatically apply to your clan. they were fair enough about it that they imposed broader requirements after collecting feedback. but i firmly believe that they will remain

agreed that clan activity should be encouraged. however in a sense they are encouraging activity by imposing certain requirements, which is somewhat understandable because all these old clans (especially the inactive ones that have few members) take up data and space. they're paying for all that data and space, keep that in mind

I understand that, but I think the old clans should be dealt with by other means, unless players can re-establish the clan later when they come back.
  • Since I am planning on being a clan master that would be 90 days, so that would be less than three months... I don't know anymore. I made a thread to discuss whether or not I should go through with it.

Sorry, I cannot find the edit button.
  • *sigh*... Things never go the way one hopes them to go, I guess.
  • DecoDaca wrote: »
    hmmmmm , Great . :)

-__- ...you're... mocking me, aren't you?
  • i sure hope you don't work 180 days straight and attend school at the same time. it does not take long at all to login and stay around for a few extra minutes. that can be done on a weekend or a holiday day off. you have 180 days out of the year to do it before changes automatically apply to your clan. they were fair enough about it that they imposed broader requirements after collecting feedback. but i firmly believe that they will remain

Attention Mercenaries,

Thank you.
    Danah wrote: »

Who said I couldn't get 4 clan members?
    ThePurv wrote: »
    To make this simple

Get 5 or more members in your clan before the deadline

The leader needs to check on the clan page only to be deemed active.
    axiom acer will not fall
    Attention Mercenaries,

The Clan system will be undergoing some changes in the coming few weeks, which will affect all clans and the enrolled members there-within.

Starting May 2015, there will be several conditions implemented that will affect all clans in CrossFire NA. These conditions specifically deal with inactive clans/clan members so to avoid falling within one of these conditions make sure to visit your clan's profile, in game every now and then.

The following conditions will be applied for every clan that is more than 180 days old.
    • Clans who have less than 2 members in their roster will be given a dismissal warning. This warning will persist for 4 weeks after which, if the roster does not reach at least 2 clan members, the clan will be disbanded.

If you manage to obtain 2 or more members before the four weeks are finished then your clan will continue to exist with no issues.

• Clans who have members that are inactive for more than 180 days will have those members kicked from the clan. You must visit your clan profile at least once within every 180 days to avoid being kicked from the clan.

• The above rule about kicked clan members will also extend to the clan master. If your clan master is not active for 90 days, he will be forced out of the clan and a new clan master will be selected from the lieutenants.

• Your clan will only be disbanded if there is 1 member left, and if that member has not been active for 180 days.

If the clan has no lieutenants to select from, then a new clan master will be selected from the highest ranking, active member.

The clan master transfer will not occur if the clan has less than 2 members.

Again, these changes will go into effect starting May 2015. So make sure that your clan members have logged in and visited the clan profile to avoid being kicked from the clan.

It is very important that you make sure your clan remains active as we are not able to reverse clan deletions regardless of the reason. We also cannot act on any purchases made regarding the clan after the deletion has occurred.
    Last edit: 04/21/2015

:)) THIS WAS THE BIGEST PROBLEM IN CROSSFIRE :))

This game has tons of errors/bugs/website issues...etc
    Solve those problems, come back and try to implement something like this.
  • Andyoz01 wrote: »
    :)) THIS WAS THE BIGEST PROBLEM IN CROSSFIRE :))

This game has tons of errors/bugs/website issues...etc
    Solve those problems, come back and try to implement something like this.

I don't think they'll listen though, or bother to understand your argument.
  • I hadn't agreed with the requirements at first, but after they made it more lenient it it became easily managable. Their current demands are fair.
    If someone can't log in for 5 minutes every 90 days, they shouldn't be clan leaders.

@joonhoahn07 just the time you spent reading and answering all these posts must have taken considerable amount of time from you. If you spent this time logging in for short periods of time every 60-80 days you could have stayed clan leader for at least 2 years.
    I'm not saying that the situation is this easy (since time is not convertible like this), but I hope you still get my point. Meeting these requirements is easier than taking the trash out every week.
This discussion has been closed.