HAVE SHAKY/WOBBLY MOUSE MOVEMENTS? Slant has a fix for you!

Comments

• ***** for wasd issue.

I GOT PROBLEM WITH MY WASD SOME TIMES. BUT I GOT A PLAN TO FIX IT. CHECK http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?p=2708959&posted=1#post2708959

MOST PLAYERS DONT GET THAT..
  • help

Help kgda why I go to the game server but says region
  • help

writes here - This service is not avalteble in your region
  • hey dooplpk can you send me a link for RB001.REZ file please I will really appreciate that thnx
  • Old mouse

What if I have one of those old mice that is still connected to the usb port for the mouse, not a wireless mouse. What can I do to fix this problem?
  • this is very good Topic . thanks for it
  • So this works well, the only problem is when I uninstalled it and restarted my computer my mouse didn't work. I then had to navigate my entire course of action with only my keyboard! D: I fixed the problem and its working fine again. But if I want to uninstall this again, how can I do so with my mouse working when I restart?
  • doesnt work.. though the text doesnt say that it includes windows 7, only 98, xp, vista 32bit
    update?
  • hi Slant, do you have any idea after I installed Hidusbf, my mouse works great after week then now sometime i can't control it.
  • So i have a 125hz polling rate, should the sensitivity be higher or lower?
  • Dude... you are my god now.
    I looked all over it because i bought a razer and i even bought a new mice mat just to see if it was my older one problem. I even stopped playing crossfire for a year because of it and i just came back to check updates and stuff and found this.
    I thank you from the heart really. Now i'm getting kicked again :)
  • Look this thread is of no help to a large majority of people in it. They suggestions for fixing the error just don't work for everyone. And this really does need addressing by CF staff.

1. The issues are not just associated with expensive mice.

2. I have tried 2 different mice, they work perfectly fine outside of CF, but then revert to being laggy, shakey and inconsistent making playing CF impossible.

3. The issue for me personally only occured after the recent patch, making CF unplayable.

4. Setting the priority of the client to low is not a proper fix and game play is still slow then.

It's about time the developers actually address this issue and fix it.

Signed one very ****ed off player.
  • I have this issue with my mouse, this is my third mouse im going thru due to similar issues. i used the HIDUSBF file to force the polling rate to 250, and now it doesnt jump when i want to select a server, channel, or room etc. but when i get in-game, i'd move my mouse as if to turn around and on-screen i'm still facing front. the only way to get around it is to walk sideways if i gotta go left or right and hope theres no one there. sometimes i'd be pressing the left mouse button to fire, and im just sitting there, no firing whatsoever. anyone have any ideas before i throw my computer off the balcony down 17 floors?
  • I think i may have just solved the issue, now i can return my new mouse and get my money back yay!.

Im in WinXP but im sure the mouse settings via control panel would more or less be the same. In the Mouse Settings window, i had a tab called Hardware. when i went into it, there were 2 HID Compliant mice listed. i had to disable one (thru trial and error). first one i disabled, my mouse just stopped moving. period. re-enabled it and disabled the other. mouse still works. opened CF went in-game, and i can now turn smoothly.

brought to you by 20Twelve
  • TwnT12 wrote: »
    I think i may have just solved the issue, now i can return my new mouse and get my money back yay!.

Im in WinXP but im sure the mouse settings via control panel would more or less be the same. In the Mouse Settings window, i had a tab called Hardware. when i went into it, there were 2 HID Compliant mice listed. i had to disable one (thru trial and error). first one i disabled, my mouse just stopped moving. period. re-enabled it and disabled the other. mouse still works. opened CF went in-game, and i can now turn smoothly.

brought to you by 20Twelve

OK so i stand corrected. it fixed the issue by about 50%. still unable to turn the character left or right smoothly. any other suggestions that might fix this?
  • I dint see in ur post what mouse uve got but i have razer imperator mouse and its working fine
    My settings on mouse are:
    polling 1000mhz
    Horisontal 1800 DPI
    Vertical 1500 DPI
    Acceleraton 10
    in game sensivity is about 4-5
  • Mhhhh...

MAY YOU SHOULD STOP CREATING HAC.KS for CF CFTEAM at Z8Games.
    YOU CELEBRATE 3 YEARS OF CF - AND WORK ON HAC.KS SAME TIME - its poor. `THE HAC.KS ARE PUBLIC, FREE AVIABLE? - DID YOU THINK ABOUT THAT THIS RUINS YOUR GAME - I WONT SPEND ANYMOE MONEY IN CF UNTIL THE HAC.KS ARE FIXED - MANY PLAYERS THINK IN SAME WAY.
    IT SUCKS. SIMPLY STOP IT.

Lets see.... you know its not you niveau - ;).
  • what if u have a ps/2 mouse

the mouse that goes into the non usb port
  • lost rewards

I lost my rewards from the zombie game after i defeated the boss and i got nothing and the other people did why didnt i get anything? is there any way you guys can help me i dont think its fair that i got nothing plz help if you can
  • Lost rewards

I lost my rewards after i beat the boss last night i was hoping if i could get some help
    can any one help? i would like to get my rewards i dont think its fair that the other guys get theirs and i dont i am using a laptop so its hard for me to turn the mouse i went back in 3 times trying to get my reward.
  • did cf break something after this recent update? i get this movement now all the time
  • sLaNt wrote: »
    Look no further! You have just bought a brand spanking new 120$ 10k dpi gaming mouse to frag down all your clan in cf but, lo and behold, when you plug it in and start playing, the aim is all wobbly and shaky and you cannot shoot to save your life?

Well, slant has a solution for you!

To fix this problem: simply set your usb port polling rate lower! Some of the newer gaming mice have the polling rate set at 1000hz or 500hz default. For some reason (which to my understanding mostly relates to crossfire being a wonky game), the high polling rates will make your aim shake! The lower you set your rate at, the least jittering you will experience!

Now before you go crazy and set your rate at 32hz, you must know two things about lowering your polling rate:

1. The lower the polling rate, the higher the response time! Here are the exact stats I stole from gotfrag:
    125hz = 8ms (default)
    250hz = 4ms
    500hz = 2ms
    1000hz = 1ms
    and so on.

2. On some mice, notably older ones which have low malfunction speed (wmo, ime 1.1a, ime 3.0, mx300, mx500, etc), the lowering of the polling rate will also lower your "perfect control" speed. For example, on the ime 3.0 and 1.1a clocked at 125hz, the mouse will lose perfect control at around 1 m/s, a speed which you will often hit if you game at low sensitivity. When you clock it at 1000hz, however, the "perfect control" speed zone will upgrade to 1.6 m/s, which is rather acceptable to low sensitivity gamers.

The trick with these mice is finding the balance between jittering and responsiveness/malfunction speed
    A wise man told me 250hz is a happy compromise, and that is the polling rate i recommend for most mice, as it offers very slight jittering and still delivers good responsiveness at a higher malfunction speed.

Make note that most newer gaming-grade mice have very high malfunction speed, even at low polling rates, so you may not even have to worry about that!

Some newer mice also have polling rate changing options in their driver, so that makes it easy to modify and play around with. For the rest of you mortals, I will link to the programs I used to change my polling rate and verify it (Disclaimer: playing with your polling rate may lower the life expectancy of your hardware or fry your mouse or usb port, so I will not be held responsible for what you kids do to your computers!):

Hidusbf, used to modify your polling rate can be downloaded here.

Mouse rate checker, used to verify what polling rate your port is effectively functioning at, can be found here.

On a final note, I do believe this is known by some people, but it seems to me like most of the community is in the dark concerning this, as I was until very recently. It helped my aiming (especially long range) immensely and I do believe many would benefit from this.
    I would also like to point out that crossfire possesses some VERY odd acceleration issues, which I think should be brought to the attention of the community so that we may unite to force the developers to fix the aggravatingly high positive and negative acceleration present in the game coding.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away in here, and I will answer to the best of my (rather limited) faculties.

Never knew there was a 10k dpi mouse lolol...
  • 1. The lower the polling rate, the higher the response time! Here are the exact stats I stole from gotfrag:

the data you have posted show exactly the opposite of what you're stating
  • Doesn't fix the issue

I tried all this, It doesn't fix my mouse lag issue...

it's the damn server.
    But it'll work for others so i can't be a critique.
  • TinyDash wrote: »
    I tried all this, It doesn't fix my mouse lag issue...

it's the damn server.
    But it'll work for others so i can't be a critique.

I feel like after the July 4th update the mouse lag/stutter started