Why the clan server is bad.

Comments

• nnipple wrote: »
    Ignore this if it's being said allready.

Friendly fire would...cause more rage than there allready is.

=]

So your clan would kill each other in a scrim?

Please read what he was saying about FF again plz.
  • You said please so why not.

Not intentionally ofcourse. Until you get used to the idea of FF, you/we will still throw nades thinking it won't damage a team mate as much.
    Or when you happen to spray at someone and a team mate crosses your path. Team kill.
    There could be a lot of intentionally situations where it can make people rage, innit.
    You said please so why not.

Not intentionally ofcourse. Until you get used to the idea of FF, you/we will still throw nades thinking it won't damage a team mate as much.
    Or when you happen to spray at someone and a team mate crosses your path. Team kill.
    There could be a lot of intentionally situations where it can make people rage, innit.

If your clanmate would intentionally kill you during a scrim where it mattered, you need a new clan.
    You said please so why not.

That's real life. Also, 20 damage from a nade to a teamate can make a HUGE difference as it stands currently.
  • Denxi wrote: »
    If your clanmate would intentionally kill you during a scrim where it mattered, you need a new clan.

Definitely lolzpop =]

Good think you can choose your clan, however you can't choose the community and it happens some people would take pride and kicks from that.
    Definitely lolzpop =]

Good think you can choose your clan, however you can't choose the community and it happens some people would take pride and kicks from that.

Then follow Bruce's suggestion and limit it only to Scrim Modes.
  • Yeah, I wouldn't play CF if FF was in pubs.....XD

But yeah, the Beta Clan Server has being in Beta for quite a long time. Z8 are fixing up the game at a steady pace for now.

This change to the Clan Server would need to happen all in 1 patch idealy.
    1 big maintanance update on the server to get it pimped up to what the competitive community prefer it to be since, well, it's for them.
  • TK should definately be enabled in this game. Too many people just shoot whoever they see. = =
  • Also, someone above mentioned that it's more realistic if there was FF.
    Well, it is not (I think). We are playing as highly trained special forces SAS, SPOP, OMOH, SWAT and a Black Guy. They would never manage to shoot their own team, however they can't help if a nade slips out which is what the game is currently implementing.
    Also, someone above mentioned that it's more realistic if there was FF.
    Well, it is not (I think). We are playing as highly trained special forces SAS, SPOP, OMOH, SWAT and a Black Guy. They would never manage to shoot their own team, however they can't help if a nade slips out which is what the game is currently implementing.

Do you have to call that german a black guy? ><
  • I couldn't remember what he was called. Infact I was about to say the French Black Guy, but I would of being wrong as he is German.

Also, another issue with FF. Hitboxes. If FF is to be implemented it's gotta be right so you can shoot next to your team mate without killing him lol.
    FF would bring another side to the game, but it's gotta be done well.
  • Mennnnnnnnnnnnn,

I want full damage pull no punches Friendly Fire.

How many huge rounds in games such as counter strike (And I hate to keep going back there I really do) have been changed by a stray bullet?

If your team keeps shooting you then scrim with FF off. I don't want it MANDATORY, I want it to be a checkbox option.

Everything else (timer, random spawns) should be mandatory.

Also I'd like to add that the removal of your opponents name popping up when you put your crosshair on them would allow for the effective use for flash and smoke grenades not to mention open up some more spots for people to play.
  • Mennnnnnnnnnnnn,

How many huge rounds in games such as counter strike (And I hate to keep going back there I really do) have been changed by a stray bullet?

If your team keeps shooting you then scrim with FF off. I don't want it MANDATORY, I want it to be a checkbox option.

Also I'd like to add that the removal of your opponents name popping up when you put your crosshair on them would allow for the effective use for flash and smoke grenades not to mention open up some more spots for people to play.
    WOOOOT go bruce i agree with all that smoke= shooting at peoples nametag
  • GRcapeman wrote: »
    very nice essay! im sure Saladin and the Mods will be happy :rolleyes:

GM Saladin :)
    JudgeSim wrote: »
    to me there seems to be many more hackers/glitchers in clan beta.

you have to sit there and get humiliated until 18 rounds are finished to get the replay.

Agreed. There seems to be surges of hackers nowdays.
  • I agree with all except FF ;)

If you were a mod, you wouldnt be able to post this so GJ bruce. :)

Before:
    2cx9f7k.jpg

Now :
    19p7qd.jpg

No offence, just for fun :D
  • ^lol

-Allow joining at half
    Anyone from the clan or just the same player?

-Adjust Round timer
    1:45 sound good? Do we want 10 seconds of "strat time" 1:55?

-Friendly fire
    Full? Half?

-Random spawns
    Enough said really.

-Remove names showing up when the crosshair is near the model.

Would allow smoke grenades and flashbangs to work as advertised. Also you wouldn't be able to spot people hiding at corners and stuff just by pointing your crosshair there.

Give me some more input on this stuff as I believe I've narrowed it down...
  • ^lol

-Allow joining at half

-Adjust Round timer

-Friendly fire
    Full? Half?

-Random spawns
    Enough said really.

Would allow smoke grenades and flashbangs to work as advertised. Also you wouldn't be able to spot people hiding at corners and stuff just by pointing your crosshair there.

I agree 100% with what has been presented here.

EDIT:: Full Damage.
  • -Remove names showing up when the crosshair is near the model.

Also would get rid of http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=54050
  • The most common method of two teams playing a formal match against each other is to go to the clan server. The clan server is good in a couple ways, but ultimately does more things wrong than right. This article is mostly my own opinion but I think its what the game needs.

First, the short list of what the clan server does right:

-Forces room name to be the name of the clan.
    -Auto switches at half time.
    -Forces even teams.

Things the clan server does wrong:
    (Some of these might require changes to the game)

- Can't rejoin at halftime or during the game.

Things happen. Not everyone out there has the best equipment and the game itself is often buggy and crashes at random. By locking out a player for the rest of the game you've taken what might have been a good close 5v5 and made it a waste of time 5v4. No matter what the outcome is neither team is going to be happy. Also, sometimes people have off days, or they have to go due to something urgent in their life. I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed for a member from the same clan to join in at halftime.

tl;dr: If someone drops or has their game crash, let them rejoin during the half. If someone else from the clan wants to join, let them join at halftime.

- Spawns are fixed.

When you spawn on the first round of the half, thats where you'll spawn for the rest of the half. This means that if you're playing at B and you spawn far away from it, you'll always get there late. With the consistent spawning it puts teams at a disadvantage and its not something that you can plan for. If you're on offense and you have to most god awful spawn that puts you so far away from A site, how can you rush A? The defense will always beat you to those choke points. A random spawn system adds more strategic depth to the game and ensures competitive balance.

- Round times are too long

I've spoken to many competitive players about this and we've all come to the same conclusion. 2:30(:25, w/e) is far too much time for a single round. The game plays slow enough as it is, rarely do teams run out of time. At times its just boring to play, let alone spectate as the last remaining attacker walks all the way from long A to B site on Black Widow in order to plant. A shorter time would be much better, and perhaps 10 or so seconds of "freeze time" so that teams can coordinate on vent or type in team chat. I would suggest 1:45 of playing time and :10 seconds of freeze time at the start of the round. Its not a major change, just start the round with 1:55 instead of 2:30.

- No friendly fire

Does anyone go into the clan server intending to lose? Even awful games like Combat Arms have friendly fire enabled in their clan server. Other versions of CF allow a checkbox for pubs to have friendly fire. No reason why our version shouldn't have it enabled on the clan server. It forces players to pay more attention to the game instead of just spraying bullets at anything that moves. Full team damage should be enabled.

Besides, then we can make cool videos like these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_L24XMn-0

All I can come up with right now. I understand that there may be internal company politics that prevent things from being changed but uh...yerp.

If you have any thing else to add, type it up nice and I'll edit it into my thread.

-Bruce[oL]
    Long times in GM are fine as the ghosts have no choice but to play like nerds when GR gets control of the bomb. IMO GM isn't competitive the begin with.
    The point is that if you're playing a serious match on the clan server then you wouldn't be trying to kill each other to begin with. Its a non-issue.
    http://www.themovievault.net/video/lollipops

Pretty cool movie about teamkilling + other random stuff in 1.6 matches. Good watch for sure.

And Luck, stop jocking my topic and handle biz with me on IRC.
    What I wish they would do is just apply this ruleset to one channel out of the server.
    Interesting concept but that leaves too much room for debate. Something standard across all maps is best. At worst that means that some maps will have to be played a bit faster.

2:30 just allows way too much time.
    I imagine 3 grenades would do some damage as things are right now.

But still, friendly fire would just make the game feel more natural and competitive.
    "Yo man these kids slow play man watch ima go grab my coke from the fridge and they'll still be in spawn."
    Mennnnnnnnnnnnn,

^lol

-Allow joining at half

-Adjust Round timer

-Friendly fire
    Full? Half?

-Random spawns
    Enough said really.

I agree.
    [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    There's some good stuff in here. Definitely worth considering and working towards getting in the game.

A couple things, the friendly fire should be an option to turn on or off. I like the idea and should be something easier to get in the game over reconnecting at halfway point. Which is also a good suggestion.

We'll also look into round times. Perhaps a survey here can be made to check to see what people think of different times for the rounds.

Please continue discussion here about ideas for the clan server. We'll keep monitoring this for other good ideas.
    I disagree.
  • ^lol

-allow joining at half
    anyone from clan and allow joining at any time, just limit spawning to during freeze time.

-adjust round timer
    10 seconds and 1:45 is good.

-friendly fire
    full

-random spawn

sauce'd said.

-remove names showing up when the crosshair is near the model.

remove, would also remove the names through objects glitch.

give me some more input on this stuff as i believe i've narrowed it down...
    . .
  • I want full damage pull no punches Friendly Fire.

Source isn't 100%. I don't know about 1.6.
  • mickeyes wrote: »
    How pixar?
  • All of this is good stuff that would greatly improve competitive play. I do think that FF should be toggleable at the very least though.
  • -Forces room name to be the name of the clan.
    -Auto switches at half time.
    -Forces even teams.

Sadly, That's all it does right >.>

- Can't rejoin at halftime or during the game.
    tl;dr: If someone drops or has their game crash, let them rejoin during the half. If someone else from the clan wants to join, let them join at halftime.

I think that would be great. When a player drops its loses momentum and is a pain to be a guy down. All tho, If this was implemented... I would like to make sure if its a
    5v5 and 1 drops and at half only 1 player can come back in; So that it keeps it a 5v5 and not a 5v6 or whatever, You know?
    Spawns are fixed.

YES!!! I honestly don't like playing off spawns. I like to have it where we each hold on our spot and not constantly switching things up. Defiantly something I would like to see.
    Round times are too long
    Um, Not a huge problem to me, But I would like to see it lower. Makes the game more exciting and slow play is good, but 3mins(is that how long it is? ) is to long...
    Maybe some freeze time too :P
    No friendly fire
    I would love to see some FF on. Even more, an option to click on/off.
    You shouldn't have a problem with " OMG MY TEAM KILLS ME " Because if you're in a serious match I doubt your team mates will risk playing a man down in the first few seconds... Also if you do " accidentally " shoot your teammates damage should be reduced.

Some of my views, Whatever.
  • smexy!!! rules!!! brucey makes a point here! btw team kills ftw XD
    EDIT: Deadly for a guy like me ill mow down the whole team xD
  • ^lol

-Allow joining at half

-Adjust Round timer

-Friendly fire
    Full? Half?

-Random spawns
    Enough said really.

Anyone from the clan, 1:55, full, yes, and YES.

Some of my suggestions:
    Removal of bombsite/C4 tags in game. For example on Port when you peak B tunnels from BL spawn, you see a giant grey "B" on your screen, which is quite annoying. This stuff should just be on radar only, like in CS.

Complete removal of flashguards. People need to learn to turn away from flashes then quickly turn back.

More freedom on key binds. For example, I want to bind 'f' to flash grenade so I can whip it out quickly instead of scrolling to it and 'v' for smoke, etc. Russian walking in CF would be a plus too. ;)

"cl_minmodels 1" for CF in clan server. (won't happen, but it's worth a try)
  • mickeyes wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqWs-aoSg_4

Start at 1:05:00

HUGE ROUND

Friendly fire makes all the difference.
  • How pixar?
    please tell me! :(
    -Allow joining at half

-Adjust Round timer

-Friendly fire
    Full? Half?

Anyone from clan. Substitutions are normal, I don't see what the problem is.

I think your timing sounds about right.

I'd be fine with either.

You know, it's weird how much people take that for granted. I know I do. Out of all the things that are listed, I think that would probably have the biggest effect. A lot of people would definitely have to adjust their style of play. Again, I'm fine with either, but the game would probably be better without the names showing up.
  • g5g5g5g wrote: »
    Some of my suggestions:
    Removal of bombsite/C4 tags in game. For example on Port when you peak B tunnels from BL spawn, you see a giant grey "B" on your screen, which is quite annoying. This stuff should just be on radar only, like in CS.
    )

You know you can turn those off with insert? ;o