Honorable ribbon second chance?

Comments

• Its a No for me. Especially with people who were banned rightfully.
  • Danah wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of the fact that you know everybody's account and how long they were banned.

Tell him Dan. Show him the signature that'll show him.
  • nGhost wrote: »
    Sure I think I peed my bed as a toddler a few times but should I now pretent like I never did? No, but you are trying to pretent you never hacked by getting a new HSR.

You (or someone else on your account) hacked. Too bad, no ribbon for you. Thats what its for.
    And if you say many people lost it because they were stupid and young back then, that makes it that much more special to own one.

Lol not really. If you have the ribbon that does not mean you're legit. It is pleasant to have one however.
  • Pyrex00 wrote: »
    At the time my account was captain (high rank was a big deal) and I had the m4 custom which was a OP weapon so starting fresh didn't sound very good.

Not for you to start out fresh but for your brother to have his own account to play on. But if you are talking about when I said you could of made a new account and start all over again then I think this shows that you really didn't care for the ribbon anyway if you wanted to keep your rank and weapons even with your HS ribbon being taken away then I don't see why the ribbon matters now unless you are trying to achieve some kind of amount of ribbons right now.

Maybe I don't see the truth worth of the HS Ribbon but I don't see much to it but just to show people that I haven't cheated on this game other than that it's just there...
    If you have the ribbon that does not mean you're legit. It is pleasant to have one however.

Exactly , That's what I would say .

I noticed : Some here are arrogant and want to own everything in the world alone (weapons/ribbons/ ..etc ) .
    Lol not really. If you have the ribbon that does not mean you're legit. It is pleasant to have one however.

It shows you have never been caught hacking. I believe that if you hack you will get caught sooner or later. So if someone owns a HSR its highly unlikely that person cheated. Not saying its a guarantee, but its highly unlikely.
  • Maybe I don't see the truth worth of the HS Ribbon but I don't see much to it but just to show people that I haven't cheated on this game other than that it's just there...

Tbh now it just says I'm yet to be caught lmao but back to the topic, I really hope we get a second chance.
    Tbh now it just says I'm yet to be caught lmao but back to the topic, I really hope we get a second chance.

No it says the complete opposite but whatever...

Just play clean and hopefully you don't walk yourself into another ban.
  • No it says the complete opposite but whatever...

Just play clean and hopefully you don't walk yourself into another ban.

Ban as in hack? Trust me I'm old to know better.

Edit: it was a joke btw but for some it's not.
  • Last thing for @Danah we can gave some people a chance if they do something against the game again the ribbon removed from them and banned but that's not your decision it's for GMs and they who decided to back it again to them or not be friendly don't refuse everything not for your benefit
    • IGN Ezio
  • Last thing for @Danah we can gave some people a chance if they do something against the game again the ribbon removed from them and banned but that's not your decision it's for GMs and they who decided to back it again to them or not be friendly don't refuse everything not for your benefit

They already got a second chance by not getting perm banned the first time.

Giving back the HSR to people who hacked defeats the purpose of the ribbon. And its a middle finger in the face to people who managed to stay clean for 7 or 8 years through out all the hacker waves.

Ofc everyone who lost their HSR is going to +1 this thread, which I understand, But it shouldn't happen.
    Ofc everyone who lost their HSR is going to +1 this thread, which I understand, But it shouldn't happen.

I could say the same thing the other way around lmao

Giving back the HSR to people who hacked defeats the purpose of the ribbon. And its a middle finger in the face to people who managed to stay clean for 7 or 8 years through out all the hacker waves.

IDK but #Grumpy added a vote from a long time to back it or not
    • IGN Ezio
  • ribbon removed because of hack -1
    (MAYBE.. just maybe +1 if u been clean for like +5 years or something)

ribbon removed becasue of a bug/insult/glitch +1
  • swesub1 wrote: »
    ribbon removed because of hack -1
    (MAYBE.. just maybe +1 if u been clean for like +5 years or something)

ribbon removed becasue of a bug/insult/glitch +1

I lost my Ribbon for no reason :D maybe just maybe it was a bug
  • IOJKAGFA wrote: »

So you weren't banned at all? Because if that's so I think you should send a Support Ticket and they should be able to look into the system on how and why your HS Ribbon was taken away from you.
  • IOJKAGFA wrote: »

Could be that you were only banned for 12 hours or a day and didnt log in during that period. So you simply didnt notice.
    You can always try sending a support ticket but dont expect much.
    Bloodclart used an alt on which he send in a ticket to support asking why his HSR was removed. The reply he got was a copy paste explaining he lost it due to hacking.
    But the test was if they actually check your account, which they obviously didnt do because if they would they'd see he never hacked and actually still owns a HSR. So again, dont expect much lol.
  • This is a complicated topic. I mean, I totally agree with Danah and Eagle, if you used hacks no way to gived the ribbon back,maybe GMs can give a second chance, for me is a big -1 !! At the same time I'm feel sorry for those who lost it cause bugs few years ago...So i prefer to give back the ribbon to these guys than to who broke the rules.

• Also, talking about second chances to re-receive this certain ribbon - Those chances do exist. Players that got banned for chargeback issues caused by paypal had their ribbon re-added. Nothing for hackers though :)
    Nothing for hackers though :)
    Who are the hackers?? Are you hackusating us??????????? A7a army!!!! Unleash!

Pyrex00 wrote: »
    I could say the same thing the other way around lmao

The only difference is that those who didn't lose it in the first place have never cheated/been caught cheating. I agree that those who have cheated in the past and didn't get their accounts perm banned, got their second chances right then. The HSR is meant as a way to reward people who have NEVER cheated. Is it perfect? No, some hackers still have their HSR, but eventually if they keep hacking they'll lose them too.

Also saying you were young as an excuse means nothing. Yeah we were all young, that doesn't mean we're allowed to do whatever we want with no repercussions. You learn from mistakes by getting punished.
    Also, talking about second chances to re-receive this certain ribbon - Those chances do exist. Players that got banned for chargeback issues caused by paypal had their ribbon re-added. Nothing for hackers though :)

The hackers that they banned the ribbon still with them :)))
    • IGN Ezio
  • The main thing is losing your HSR was a small price to pay when it could (and many would argue SHOULD) have been a perm ban for hacking. If the HSR really means so much to you then ditch your account and make a new one and don't hack this time.the
    The hackers that they banned the ribbon still with them :)))

This is because once an account is perm banned they often don't bother to remove the ribbon. Check the last played date, if they haven't been logging then this is probably the case <-- if not then the anti-cheat hasn't caught up to them yet.
  • It's a no from me for hackers. -1

However I am not against an appeal to those that lost it due to Xtrap errors but not hacks. If it's a case of just an unexpected error legit error then I think those should have appeal right to appeal against it and given the ribbon back of they didn't have.

The whole point of the ribbon is that you don't hack, errors that are not related to hacking is another issue and I am not against those error for appeal but hack no way, you committed an offense and is paying for it.

+1 on appeal for legit errors.(OP case it's -1 hacks).
    [GM]Grumpy wrote: »
    Yes so this might need clarification. Even technical errors or mistakes sometimes are listed or displayed as hacking, so this is one thing.

The other thing is for hacking itself (which will be very strict cause its tricky), assume someone has an account with a note from 2011 saying that he was blocked 1 day because of using hack tools. Now assume this person never used hack tools again, actively playing with no issues whatsoever. This can be a case where an appeal can also work. Note that I said a note that says he/she was hacking, but didn't say that he was hacking, because if a user was proven 100% to hack, they will not get it back.

Note grumpy saying appeal but if proven hacking 100% he/she won't get it back.

I agree.
  • It's a no from me for hackers. -1

However I am not against an appeal to those that lost it due to Xtrap errors but not hacks. If it's a case of just an unexpected error legit error then I think those should have appeal right to appeal against it and given the ribbon back of they didn't have.

The whole point of the ribbon is that you don't hack, errors that are not related to hacking is another issue and I am not against those error for appeal but hack no way, you committed an offense and is paying for it.

+1 on appeal for legit errors.(OP case it's -1 hacks).

Note grumpy saying appeal but if proven hacking 100% he/she won't get it back.

I agree.

Well, as I said, you do have a chance to get it back. If you get banned by the system for chargeback issues caused by the payment provider, you can get it re-added without any further issues. The only legit reason to get it back in my opinion...
    Its funny cause you think there is an issue. There is no issue. The ribbon is doing exactly what its supposed to do, which is showing who hacked in the past and who didn't.

I've played this game for the first time late 2009 and played on my now main since 2011. I have seen all the hacker waves, I got killed in my spawn the first second of the round by some waller who wiped out the whole team instantly hundreds of times. Yet I never hacked, not on my main nor on an alt.
    There is no excuse for being weak minded and falling for the temptation of hacking. You should be happy you aren't perm banned from this game.
    Exactly. I am also playing this game since 2009 and i never used hack.

OT:
    Keep it simple. As its name suggests this is for "honorable" soldiers.
    Its very easy to obtain HSR as every new player has HSR by default they don't have to do anything to obtain it, however it is very hard to retain it. You lost it so you lost it. That's all. It's like you dropped a needle in a blackhole and you are trying to get it back.

Restoration of HSR will be a big slap in the face of those who played cleanly in all of these years.
  • olpers wrote: »
    Exactly. I am also playing this game since 2009 and i never used hack.

OT:
    Keep it simple. As its name suggests this is for "honorable" soldiers.
    Its very easy to obtain HSR as every new player has HSR by default they don't have to do anything to obtain it, however it is very hard to retain it. You lost it so you lost it. That's all. It's like you dropped a needle in a blackhole and you are trying to get it back.

Restoration of HSR will be a big slap in the face of those who played cleanly in all of these years.

If someone hasn't cheated for 4 years, does he still deserve to be called a cheater?... I really dont understand sometimes lol. Not a slap to those people at all!
    If someone hasn't cheated for 4 years, does he still deserve to be called a cheater?... I really dont understand sometimes lol. Not a slap to those people at all!

Yes, you deserve it. Since the legit rest of us doesn't understand why you primarily had to use cheats.
    Yes, you deserve it. Since the legit rest of us doesn't understand why you primarily had to use cheats.

Omg! He cheated 4 years ago! Send him to prison!
    Omg! He cheated 4 years ago! Send him to prison!

When you run out of arguments ^^^^^
This discussion has been closed.