Exciting announcement from CSN!

Comments

• I was just wondering can How i Join ? and Can i join while i am from Egypt ?
  • 7z2louuuum wrote: »
    I was just wondering can How i Join ? and Can i join while i am from Egypt ?

You will need to play on the NA/UK version of Cross Fire that is provided by Z8Games, and you and your team will need to maintain decent pings when playing a match. A decent ping would preferably be under 110 with no massive spikes. This rule is still being discussed, but I think you have a chance!
    nznipS wrote: »
    So UK players are not welcome?

If you get a chance, read over what I posted just now. Hopefully you guys will be able to join us!

___
  • Question

How do i register so i can be entered into the event?
  • wilmi090 wrote: »
    How do i register so i can be entered into the event?

You and each of your team members will need to create accounts on the CSN website and add their in-game names to their profile. Afterwards the team captain can create the team and register for the tournament. Just follow the simple guide here on the tournament info page;

http://cyber-sports.net/event/battlenight
    Creating and Registering a Team (This should be handled by team captains.)
    • In the top-right locate and click "My teams", and then choose "Create a New Team".
    • Fill out the information as needed. Teams are encouraged to use professional looking graphics.
    • After a team has been created, each team member should click the option "Join an Existing Team".
    • Provide your team members with the password for your newely created team, and fill your roster.
    • A captain will be able to register a team for a tournament once the minimum roster size is aquired.

If you have anymore questions, let me know!

___
  • I got 118 ping in NA servers without spike and do i have any chance to play than?
  • Never thought CSN would return, what a surprise!
  • hopefully CSN sticks around this time. i remember when they did, i believe it was aprox. 2 years ago. glad to see you guys come back and try again. hopefully the players and teams will stick it out and make you guys wanna do more tournys!.

best regards!
  • Sunei wrote: »
    I got 118 ping in NA servers without spike and do i have any chance to play than?

Yes, as long as it stays within the rules.
    fLOGIC wrote: »
    Never thought CSN would return, what a surprise!

Glad to be here! :p
    SlaveSkin wrote: »
    hopefully CSN sticks around this time. i remember when they did a launch last year i believe it was aprox. 2 years ago. glad to see you guys come back and try again. hopefully the players and teams will stick it out and make you guys wanna do more tournys!.

best regards!

Thanks for the support! :)
  • Will there be drug tests? This could become a problem,for me.. :o
  • csn_tim wrote: »
    If you get a chance, read over what I posted just now. Hopefully you guys will be able to join us!

My question was more hypothetical. There was a time when my team wanted to come back to cf, but that's gone.

It's really nice to see that you've bent your rules for us, but that is all you've done: just letting UK play, but without any reassurance of accommodated fairness. I remember when we were able to do 1 half NA 1 half UK. Seems like we've taken too many steps back. There is just no support for the UK scene coming from Z8 or anyone else.
    Back in December 2011, before ESG was 'meant' to start, I was speaking with Polleus about his stand on UK/EU teams in ESG. We both agreed that the UK scene is small, but with support it can rise. That month I held a small Night Cup for UK teams (Rule: 51% UK Players, 3/5) to show ESG that we do have players, and I got about 8 teams. As pathetically small it seems, it was better than most people expected from an amateurally ran community Cup.

Now it's being too long and anyone who still hasn't lost interest is frankly stupid (unless it's purely for fun). The only real competitive future the UK has in this game, excluding a miracle, is if the license is moved to Crossfire Europe. Anything else is giving us the bread crumbs, which is partly insulting.

EDIT: This game even offers more support for Turks, and they don't even have the license to host them here.

[wO]MrQuidam.Twitchyyy: did they do anything for the olymics?
    [wO]MrQuidam.Twitchyyy: i bet if they were held in America they would go mad about it

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=215607

Don't be fooled, this is Crossfire NA.
  • CSN needs some feedback about our current rules for "Battle Nights". Feel free to contact me or post in our feedback thread! http://cyber-sports.net/node/31623

(I'll also accept posts in this thread and angry Xfire messages!)
    nznipS wrote: »

Thanks for taking the time to post, this is useful information to me.
    JELLY416 wrote: »
    Will there be drug tests? This could become a problem,for me.. :o

Haha, not this time. :D

____
    Thanks for taking the time to post, this is useful information to me.

My pleasure (sorta). Good luck with CSN =]
  • when does the tournament take place? at your house?
  • nznipS wrote: »
    My question was more hypothetical. There was a time when my team wanted to come back to cf, but that's gone.

It's really nice to see that you've bent your rules for us, but that is all you've done: just letting UK play, but without any reassurance of accommodated fairness. I remember when we were able to do 1 half NA 1 half UK. Seems like we've taken too many steps back. There is just no support for the UK scene coming from Z8 or anyone else.
    Back in December 2011, before ESG was 'meant' to start, I was speaking with Polleus about his stand on UK/EU teams in ESG. We both agreed that the UK scene is small, but with support it can rise. That month I held a small Night Cup for UK teams (Rule: 51% UK Players, 3/5) to show ESG that we do have players, and I got about 8 teams. As pathetically small it seems, it was better than most people expected from an amateurally ran community Cup.

Now it's being too long and anyone who still hasn't lost interest is frankly stupid (unless it's purely for fun). The only real competitive future the UK has in this game, excluding a miracle, is if the license is moved to Crossfire Europe. Anything else is giving us the bread crumbs, which is partly insulting.

EDIT: This game even offers more support for Turks, and they don't even have the license to host them here.

[wO]MrQuidam.Twitchyyy: did they do anything for the olymics?
    [wO]MrQuidam.Twitchyyy: i bet if they were held in America they would go mad about it

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=215607

Don't be fooled, this is Crossfire NA.

No one cares about the UK, even when you were "competitive" we still laughed at you and took you less seriously then the latin competitive community.
    CSN needs some feedback about our current rules for "Battle Nights". Feel free to contact me or post in our feedback thread! http://cyber-sports.net/node/31623

(I'll also accept posts in this thread and angry Xfire messages!)

____

Your an idiot. Boosting should be allowed as it has been with every league except wogl.

Teams are allowed to have a maximum of 7 players on the roster. - Most teams have 8-9, learn your facts.

Matches will be played on the Foxtrot server in channel 10. - Ummm its echo 8. Changing the servers really messes up this game. See 2008,2010 for facts.

Maps

DesertStorm - The ****? No one plays that map.

Guns
    DSR-1 - no.
    K-2 - no.
    QBZ-95 - keep trying. (no.)
    RPK - no.

Don't understand why you don't just copy and paste the gunsets from the other leagues. These have been established for about 2 years.
  • RyangiV2 wrote: »
    Teams are allowed to have a maximum of 7 players on the roster. - Most teams have 8-9, learn your facts.

Only 7 players per team will be receiving any prizes, and no more.
    RyangiV2 wrote: »
    Matches will be played on the Foxtrot server in channel 10. - Ummm its echo 8. Changing the servers really messes up this game. See 2008,2010 for facts.

This was mentioned by a few people, so I made a few changes. The rule we have now makes much more sense.
    Maps

DesertStorm - The ****? No one plays that map.

DesertStorm won't (and hasn't been) on the schedule, but I can see how this would send the wrong message. I'll make sure to clean up the list so that it only shows maps we will be using.
    Guns
    DSR-1 - no.
    K-2 - no.
    QBZ-95 - keep trying. (no.)
    RPK - no.

If you have an actual argument for why I should change these, then let me know. Apart from referencing old rules (that I helped to create) your not giving me much to work with. I haven't been a part of this community for a very long time, and any information I used to have is long gone.

I don't have much to say about boosting yet, I'll update everyone on where that goes.

___
  • Considering echo is still glitched, playing in a different server might be easier so it doesn't take forever for teams to get in
  • Swoopzz wrote: »
    Considering echo is still glitched, playing in a different server might be easier so it doesn't take forever for teams to get in

It seems as though people want to play in Echo, regardless of the issues. There is also the fact that changing servers could potentially change the game for some players, and playing in Echo will remove that issue. The new rule I have in place makes sense, and should work decently.

If you have an actual argument for why I should change these, then let me know. Apart from referencing old rules (that I helped to create) your not giving me much to work with. I haven't been a part of this community for a very long time, and any information I used to have is long gone.

___

I have mutliple arguments but I'll only give two. One wcg has all those guns banned. Two the dsr has a faster reload then the awp.

Also, you didn't help create the "old rules" (as you put it) you say you haven't been a part of this community for a very long time yet you say you created the original ruleset?

It was created via vsgl and igl, and I know every last person involved. So.
    I have mutliple arguments but I'll only give two. One wcg has all those guns banned. Two the dsr has a faster reload then the awp.

Also, you didn't help create the "old rules" (as you put it) you say you haven't been a part of this community for a very long time yet you say you created the original ruleset?

The grand final rules differ from those used in the qualifiers. Until WCG decides to release a unified set of rules, or updated rules for 2012 grand finals, we will continue to use similar rules to those found below;

http://us.wcg.com/?page=page&abbr=crossfire_rules

Edit: And again, for those who don't know, the reason we are doing this is because the CSN tournament will be happening in the same time frame as the qualifiers for WCG.

___
  • why is a mailing address required for prize winners, won't winners be receiving some sort of a code to redeem their zp?
  • S1X6 wrote: »
    why is a mailing address required for prize winners, won't winners be receiving some sort of a code to redeem their zp?

You don't need to put that information in right away, and it was designed for different tournaments altogether. For prizes to be sent out, all we need is your in-game name. At most we may require users to input their USN codes too.
  • post your crossfire char to reply this post i will look then give the password to you.
    crossfire charinizin linkini cevap olarak yollayin ben size şifreyi söyleyeceğim.

http://cyber-sports.net/team/MKA
    The Cyber Sports Network and Z8Games are pleased to announce the launch of “Battle Nights”, a free to play tournament for the NA/UK version of Cross Fire. Z8Games has sponsored some exciting prizes, and has worked directly with the Cyber Sports Network to create this great event. Teams will battle their way to the top, win prizes and bragging rights, and get a chance to be streamed live!

Our admins will be able to answer questions both here and on the CSN forums, ask away!

Find out more, visit: http://cyber-sports.net/event/battlenight

____
    I wish you luck on the event. XD
  • Just to get this straight, the only items allowed are bags 3 and 4, setup/defuse kit, and expand grenade slot?

So no damage down or flash guard?

I'm wondering how you're going to regulate fall damage down. How are you gonna tell if the other team is using armor? Will someone be spectating for all 32 games (first round)?
    It seems as though people want to play in Echo, regardless of the issues. There is also the fact that changing servers could potentially change the game for some players, and playing in Echo will remove that issue. The new rule I have in place makes sense, and should work decently.

switching servers doesn't change the game for some players

alpha, bravo, charlie, delta, echo, foxtrot are all in the same location...

If that was the case, LPK would be the best team in the game. Nobody could touch JBiel's scarlight.
This discussion has been closed.