Ghosts and Ghouls Halloween Tournament

Comments

• 'Danny wrote:
    [;3095184']Perhaps ask Natt if he could work something out?
    He's a both a Forum Mod and Tourney Mod after all.

I'm already going through things to try to make this tournament a little more worthwhile, but nothing's guaranteed. Personally, I think a tournament in itself, no definite prizes besides knowing you won would suffice.
    1nsomniac wrote: »
    Why not split the championship into one map on UK servers, one map on NA servers? If I remember correctly thats what LL and LPK did in the WOGL-P finals in 2011.
    'Hell wrote:
    eXe[;3095328']Time zone differences. Talon tried doing it but neither team could work it out.

That. :)
  • Switching players between halves is not allowed this time?
  • EdDyZeTa wrote: »
    Switching players between halves is not allowed this time?

that will be bad news for you guys :/
    I think it is allowed 0.0
    that will be bad news for you guys :/
    How? We can manage a S5 without switching
  • ' wrote:
    G[host;3095493'] I think it is allowed 0.0

How? We can manage a S5 without switching
    idk o-o
    i would like to see the s5 :o

it should be... incase a main has to leave or gets disconnected or something. Sub can jump in.

bump.....

If you are referring to the teams switching sides, then yes, that will happen.
    After one team finishes the "game" (half) on BL, then they will switch to play the other "half" of the game on GR.

I hope I answered your question.
  • If you are referring to the teams switching sides, then yes, that will happen.
    After one team finishes the "game" (half) on BL, then they will switch to play the other "half" of the game on GR.

I hope I answered your question.

Uhh, not exactly.

I meant as if the subs could switch with the starters between halves. As an example, a team plays BL side on the first half. When switching to GR, starter 3, 4 and 5 would switch with sub 1, 2 and 3. Is it allowed?
    Uhh, not exactly.

I meant as if the subs could switch with the starters between halves. As an example, a team plays BL side on the first half. When switching to GR, starter 3, 4 and 5 would switch with sub 1, 2 and 3. Is it allowed?

I'm not sure. I will ask Seashore about that later today and will post the response on this thread, and will try to remember to tell him to update the main post with the answer as well.

I'm gonna go ahead and say, for me, no.

If you have 5 thats are good at being BL, and 5 that are good at GR, then that doesnt mean you have a solid team.

Each player has to be rounded, i.e. good enough to be able to hold their own on both sides.

It will be run the same as a clan war - the teams are locked down.
  • I'm gonna go ahead and say, for me, no.

If you have 5 thats are good at being BL, and 5 that are good at GR, then that doesnt mean you have a solid team.

Each player has to be rounded, i.e. good enough to be able to hold their own on both sides.

Well then there's no point on making a team with 8 members. I suppose there will be as much time as the last tournament for each round (around a week for the match to be set up), so it's easily possible to set up a day when everyone will be available. Imo allowing switches between halves would be the best way.

But each person has it's own opinion.

However, according to what i saw on the main post, "Each team is given one disconnect". A team could easily fake a DC and get a sub to switch with the "disconnected" player in the match and people wouldn't notice it.Even if the opposite team/overwatchers noticed, they could use the "1 disconnect to each team" argument, so prohibiting the switching is kinda pointless, imo.

In resume, i think it should be done like this: switching between halves ONLY should allowed, or at least limited to 1 or 2 switches. And if a player gets disconneted while in-game, the team has to deal with it and only that disconnected player can rejoin the match on his own place.

But that's just a suggestion.
    Well then there's no point on making a team with 8 members. I suppose there will be as much time as the last tournament for each round (around a week for the match to be set up), so it's easily possible to set up a day when everyone will be available. Imo allowing switches between halves would be the best way.

However, according to what i saw on the main post, "Each team is given one disconnect". A team could easily fake a DC and get a sub to switch with the "disconnected" player in the match and people wouldn't notice it.Even if the opposite team/overwatchers noticed, they could use the "1 disconnect to each team" argument, so prohibiting the switching is kinda pointless, imo.

In resume, i think it should be done like this: switching between halves ONLY should allowed, or at least limited to 1 or 2 switches. And if a player gets disconneted while in-game, the team has to deal with it and only that disconnected player can rejoin the match on his own place.

You have no idea.

Do you know how many dropouts Talonblaze had because teams couldn't get their crap together? ie: Their players

If a main isn't present a sub steps in. It will happen in this tournament, too. No doubt.

For the "fake DC" they couldn't switch. It's not hard for someone to rejoin a room. Stop over-thinking this, it's basic stuff.

NattNatt and I have put our foot down on this, no use arguing back; switches will not be allowed.
  • In that case we don't even need subs? Lol..
  • ' wrote:
    G[host;3097315']In that case we don't even need subs? Lol..

Nab just play for fun :) diz wont turn out so competitive at all
  • I'm gonna go ahead and say, for me, no.

Seashore wrote: »
    You have no idea.

Do you know how many dropouts Talonblaze had because teams couldn't get their crap together? ie: Their players

If a main isn't present a sub steps in. It will happen in this tournament, too. No doubt.

For the "fake DC" they couldn't switch. It's not hard for someone to rejoin a room. Stop over-thinking this, it's basic stuff.

NattNatt and I have put our foot down on this, no use arguing back; switches will not be allowed.
    God you guys are terrible at this.
    EdDyZeTa wrote: »

Dat BR speaking English better than most.

woop woop friendly clan ready to
    spray! http://clan.z8games.com/clanstat_cf.aspx?guildid=248445

West coast team. Lolololol..
  • ' wrote:

What if one of your main players isn't reachable at the time of the match?
  • ' wrote:

You do need subs. Subs are there when a main player isn't present and/or online. ie: Main Player 1 is out of town for a match so Sub 1 would step in.
  • ALEXisMexi wrote: »
    God you guys are terrible at this.

West coast team. Lolololol..

Lol, give em a little ecredit for hosting it,
    Though I have to say the management of this tourney may need some work, js.
    West coast ftw.
  • 'Danny wrote:
    [;3097353']Lol, give em a little ecredit for hosting it,
    Though I have to say the management of this tourney may need some work, js.
    West coast ftw.

Management needs a lot of work. >.>...

Thisgameowns is the only one I've heard of that actually plays ghost mode.
  • [url=]#TeamRapid[/url]'ll play I guess.

Server and s5 will be fully determined later, but will most likely be NA since Rapid and I carry.

s5:

Rapid
    Cook
    Optii
    Que
    <reserved>

Subs:

<reserved>

haha, Im sure SeaShore plays GM too,
    well I've heard he's learning it.

At least the Over watchers are GMers.
  • Signups in a couple days, get your teams together. :)

I play Ghost Mode... o..o As well as Natt.

If you only knew the work we're doing that you guys don't see; it's stressful.
    CallMeCook wrote: »
    [url=]#TeamRapid[/url]'ll play I guess.

Server and s5 will be fully determined later, but will most likely be NA since Rapid and I carry.

s5:

Rapid
    Cook
    Optii
    Que
    <reserved>

Subs:

<reserved>

I'm fairly sure you didn't read, but sign-ups haven't started, no need to state your team.
    BobRawrs wrote: »
    Woots. I'm overwatcher.

Noop. ^-^
    'Danny wrote:
    [;3097410']haha, Im sure SeaShore plays GM too,
    well I've heard he's learning it.

At least the Over watchers are GMers.

I'm learning GR, I mainly play BL.
    G_host wrote: »
    Signups in a couple days, get your teams together. :)

What he said! :)

Everyone is well-rounded around GM. I will personally attempt to be able to watch every game. And there will be multiple Overwatchers/Mods watching over every game, so no need to worry.

Just remember, I will definitely be looking to make sure during the game that everybody uses the legal weapons. Every round that one member on one team uses an illegal weapon, it counts as a round loss. And I will definitely be making sure to watch how the bomb is planted.
  • Everyone is well-rounded around GM. I will personally attempt to be able to watch every game. And there will be multiple Overwatchers/Mods watching over every game, so no need to worry.

Just remember, I will definitely be looking to make sure during the game that everybody uses the legal weapons. Every round that one member on one team uses an illegal weapon, it counts as a round loss. And I will definitely be making sure to watch how the bomb is planted.

Great point.

New rule:
    • No glitching the bomb.
  • Seashore wrote: »
    Great point.

New rule:
    • No glitching the bomb.

In lost relics if you plant the bomb in the water is that glitching?
  • aWmTaStIc wrote: »
    In lost relics if you plant the bomb in the water is that glitching?

No, as that is a legitimate part of the bomb site to plant the bomb. You can either plant it on the top or bottom, as long as it is easily accessible by GR. And yes, I know what you mean. So yes, you can definitely plant the bomb on Lost Relics at A site in the water.
This discussion has been closed.