Combat Axe and Coupon Exchange changes.

Comments

• Most people should be thankful. Other versions only have temp weapons in their system.

A Mod discussing other versions of CF.
  • BadLT wrote: »
    Just had an idea
    If the bm is in never ending change , will we have 15 day guns for 100 coupons next?

Y make it 15 days? Make it 1 hour. -.-"
    Taking Perm Axe off coupon = Killing Ghost Mode.
  • A Mod discussing other versions of CF.

^^ LOL'ed
  • WhoisPP wrote: »
    Y make it 15 days? Make it 1 hour. -.-"
    Taking Perm Axe off coupon = Killing Ghost Mode.

They're going to do some ghost mode events to try and revive ghost mode.
  • GodsGunman wrote: »
    They're going to do some ghost mode events to try and revive ghost mode.

Well every event i played for GM was either full of QQing for being pro or Getting walled. Not gonna help.
    Well every event i played for GM was either full of QQing for being pro or Getting walled. Not gonna help.

umm... You haven't played any real GM events, the last GM event they did was March of the Ghosts years ago.
    umm... You haven't played any real GM events, the last GM event they did was March of the Ghosts years ago.

That was years ago. Don't even remember. Atm events in cf is more like do some stuff everyday and get rewards. March of ghost was more like Torny than event.
    That was years ago. Don't even remember. Atm events in cf is more like do some stuff everyday and get rewards. March of ghost was more like Torny than event.

A tournament is a type of event. They haven't said specifically what they're going to do, but it's going to be either as big or bigger than march of the ghosts.
  • Most people should be thankful. Other versions only have temp weapons in their system.

Go and check cf china most of zp crates weapon u will found on there zombir mode reward c rates.they dont have 1 million member .cf NA have almost 1 mil member.so comparing with other cf is not good sense of humor .
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    First off, taken from the Holiday December Patch Notes (December 2011)

Now here is some information.

Coupon weapons in ANY form are bonus weapons. Coupons themselves are a positive byproduct of opening crates. You open crates, you have a chance to get something on a scale of 1 to 10 (hypothetically) where 1 is small things like namecards, sprays, gp etc. and the higher end things are Coupons and Permanent Weapons and higher amounts of GP.

There has never been a guarantee which coupon exchange items would be available at any given moment. As mentioned, they have always been BONUS ITEMS for opening crates.

Permanent weapons is something we want to be able to provide you, and how the Black Market operates is a direct involvement from us with the developers. Our system is very much unlike the other systems used in other versions of CF and we're proud that it's meant more permanent weapons and more crate options for you guys.

However there has to be some sort of sustainability to coupons. Having a player who has opened up enough crates to get what they want out of the coupons who then refuses to open up more crates because they have all coupon weapons is a concern. This doesn't always mean that they have to own everything, but the fact remains that there were too many permanent items available in the coupon exchange system was becoming an issue. In short, coupons were losing their value. As a result of that players complain when the system doesn't get updates. But updates doesn't mean most spots or positions or additional permanent items. Since we're dealing with a set amount of spaces for the items, we have to change some things up.

Over the last couple of patches we've been changing the coupon exchange system from one where there was a lot of repeat and "dead" options to one where there is more variety introduced.

As a byproduct of that some of the weapons have been replaced and/or changing. We have still maintained the best permanent weapons available and the desirable cool ones for those people who want to collect coupons and exchange them for one big item.

HOWEVER there are now some unique options available in the Black Market with items you can't get elsewhere in the game available to those who want to use their coupons for something on a more consistent basis.

As a company we have to look at what we're doing and what works and what doesn't. In some cases having a million permanent weapons put in a patch and everyone goes out and gets them on February 3rd so that no one wants the item by February 17th just isn't a good model. So in discussion with the developers and on the back of their changes we have been able to find some compromises within the game so that we can provide a variety of permanent AND temporary options so there is something for everyone at any given time.

We have some of the highest counts of permanent weapons available through all versions of Cross Fire. And we continue to bring new ZP and GP options through our consistent patches. Now with this kind of update we are seeing some new options for people to try out of the Black Market as a supplemental way to get cool new weapons as a reward for buying crates.

Not every option that we or the developers make is going to please everyone, but understand that it is for the good of ALL players and the whole game that we constantly look for ways to sustain longevity and keep the content updates coming.

Try to think of the larger picture before deciding to post a huge QQ thread because there's a weapon introduced in the game that you can't permanently own. And on the flip side, if you already have the axe permanently then awesome. And if you don't, well now the Black Market is more flexible for you so that you don't feel the need to "horde" coupons for your item. The Axe is available in other places within the game, and we've seen special edition axes that are permanent, there is no reason to believe that these kinds of items will stop coming out. Just relax and have some fun within the game. Coupons are bonus items, treat them as such and you'll realize that you're having just as much fun.

Nice job saidin, have a question. Next time can you tell us ahead of time so that we can exchange it before the patch so that we can actually own it. Also as i agree with you, we dont need same guns that are in crate in the coupons section. Also last thing is, next time if you put 2 guns the say like this time 2 shotgun and 1 rifle, you should of put it as 1 shotgun, 1 rifle , and the axe to save space than to just put another shotgun in it.
  • REALLY???why axe?! why axe?! darn it.I was gonna working hard to get that axe by buying tons of crates.and now it's gone?
    I love u
  • Sorry but I have to. WHYYYYY!!!!???? FOR A SHOTGUN AND A RIFLE? AXE IS WHAT WORKS, so put it back! I HAVE IT ALREADY BUT IN JUST TRYING TO SAY... WE DINT WANT TEMPORARY GUNS!!!!
  • Sorry but I have to. WHYYYYY!!!!???? FOR A SHOTGUN AND A RIFLE? AXE IS WHAT WORKS, so put it back! I HAVE IT ALREADY BUT IN JUST TRYING TO SAY... WE DINT WANT TEMPORARY GUNS!!!!

Please dont say 'WE' when you are talking about YOUR personal preference.
  • Z8 made a mistake...admit it

Just bring back the perm axe, man. That's all the community is asking for.

Also next time, you remove something from the coupon exchange, let the community know what item, specifically, is going to be removed so we have a last opportunity to get it before it's gone. It's called consideration. I don't think that's asking too much.

btw, I have a perm axe(and ak camo/ak knife). I just don't think it's fair to other players who could have purchased it that no warning was given before it was removed. Kind of shady in my opinion.
  • be patient, maybe they will bring back the rose-axe! for like 20 coupons. would be so nice =) ...i can dream cant i? haha
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    I can appreciate your frustration. But this sort of "hording" is exactly what this is trying to address. And while immediately these two weapons may not seem to you like worthy additions, over time having some legitimate temporary options in this part of the game is better for the life of the game.

These legitimate but useless temporary weapons in this part of the game is ONLY better for the bank account of z8games, not the life of the game!!
  • Please dont say 'WE' when you are talking about YOUR personal preference.

He actually does mean "We" the few people in support of temp guns at 50 coupons are outnumbered at least by 100 to 1:p
  • I got my AXE, and for me 1 AXE is enough !! BUT 2 is better that 1 !!

Pretty sure nobody wants temporary guns :rolleyes:
    Pretty sure nobody wants temporary guns :rolleyes:

RTO bought one im pretty sure...as do quite a lot of other people (including mods)

so yeah...some people obv do.
  • I hope that the golden ak and golden m4 will be in coupon exchange forever! And i think too that they shold bring out the axe again. maybe they can bring it on the zp black market. and they could bring out a rose axe instead of one of the two psg red dragons!

what happen if he say WE?i am with him and most of player with him.dont behave like childish .
  • jgx421 wrote: »
    Just bring back the perm axe, man. That's all the community is asking for.

Also next time, you remove something from the coupon exchange, let the community know what item, specifically, is going to be removed so we have a last opportunity to get it before it's gone. It's called consideration. I don't think that's asking too much.

btw, I have a perm axe(and ak camo/ak knife). I just don't think it's fair to other players who could have purchased it that no warning was given before it was removed. Kind of shady in my opinion.
    it is very sad for us really ..

Tell the whole truth.

Other versions have coupon in EACH crate/capsule and "3 draw" system.
    Each spin:
    Coupon, Item, GP
    Coupon, Item, GP
    If you win you got permanent gun instead of coupon.

And what we have - chance to win 3 crap: spray, name card, spray, name card, color shoots and sometimes items or coupons.

Z8 have a least winning system with all versions of CrossFire in the world.
  • zandek wrote: »
    Tell the whole truth.

Other versions have coupon in EACH crate/capsule and "3 draw" system.
    Each spin:
    Coupon, Item, GP
    Coupon, Item, GP
    If you win you got permanent gun instead of coupon.

And what we have - chance to win 3 crap: spray, name card, spray, name card, color shoots and sometimes items or coupons.

as you stated, this is from other versions.

so technically you shouldnt be posting that here anyways...but since you did, i will remind you that they are run by different companies.

each company operates differently.

therefore comparing them like this is pointless, you do not know the decisions behind the changes, so anything you say is only speculation...
  • NattNatt wrote: »
    RTO bought one im pretty sure...as do quite a lot of other people (including mods)

so yeah...some people obv do.

You're confusing them wanting to try out new guns with wanting temp guns.

I'll bet you anything that if the gun was permanent instead of temp, they would have been happier to buy it, and more people would have done so, ergo nobody wants temp weapons.
    as you stated, this is from other versions.

so technically you shouldnt be posting that here anyways...but since you did, i will remind you that they are run by different companies.
    And maybe you see - Z8 forum MODERATOR starting this.
    (ss saved)

And temp - permanent guns: a lot of people play CF just because this game has permanent weapons.
    You're confusing them wanting to try out new guns with wanting temp guns.

I'll bet you anything that if the gun was permanent instead of temp, they would have been happier to buy it, and more people would have done so, ergo nobody wants temp weapons.

ah yeah, did nae think about that!
    zandek wrote: »
    And maybe you see - Z8 forum MODERATOR starting this.
    (ss saved)

he didnt state the way their system worked, just that they don't use coupons...
    he didnt state the way their system worked, just that they don't use coupons...

Oh, you don`t see difference:
    Sometimes you win coupon for temp guns.
    Each spin you win coupon for temp guns.

This is reason why in our version we have perm guns from coupons.

If someone starts to speak he should describe the whole system.

I don`t see the problem.
    If we don`t have "space" for new coupons guns we need new coupons system like zombie crates (more then 3 in one line).
    This is hour of work for the programmer.
  • zandek wrote: »
    Oh, you don`t see difference:
    Sometimes you win coupon for temp guns.
    Each spin you win coupon for temp guns.

This is reason why in our version we have perm guns from coupons.

If someone starts to speak he should describe the whole system.

I don`t see the problem.
    If we don`t have "space" for new coupons guns we need new coupons system like zombie crates (more then 3 in one line).
    This is hour of work for the programmer.

i agree...
This discussion has been closed.