Combat Axe and Coupon Exchange changes.

First off, taken from the Holiday December Patch Notes (December 2011)
Please note that the coupon exchange system is continuing to get updates with new weapons. This may mean that some of the old weapons will be removed. They may show up later on in the game in some other form however we cannot guarantee this fact.
Now here is some information.

Coupon weapons in ANY form are bonus weapons. Coupons themselves are a positive byproduct of opening crates. You open crates, you have a chance to get something on a scale of 1 to 10 (hypothetically) where 1 is small things like namecards, sprays, gp etc. and the higher end things are Coupons and Permanent Weapons and higher amounts of GP.

There has never been a guarantee which coupon exchange items would be available at any given moment. As mentioned, they have always been BONUS ITEMS for opening crates.

Permanent weapons is something we want to be able to provide you, and how the Black Market operates is a direct involvement from us with the developers. Our system is very much unlike the other systems used in other versions of CF and we're proud that it's meant more permanent weapons and more crate options for you guys.

However there has to be some sort of sustainability to coupons. Having a player who has opened up enough crates to get what they want out of the coupons who then refuses to open up more crates because they have all coupon weapons is a concern. This doesn't always mean that they have to own everything, but the fact remains that there were too many permanent items available in the coupon exchange system was becoming an issue. In short, coupons were losing their value. As a result of that players complain when the system doesn't get updates. But updates doesn't mean most spots or positions or additional permanent items. Since we're dealing with a set amount of spaces for the items, we have to change some things up.

Over the last couple of patches we've been changing the coupon exchange system from one where there was a lot of repeat and "dead" options to one where there is more variety introduced.

As a byproduct of that some of the weapons have been replaced and/or changing. We have still maintained the best permanent weapons available and the desirable cool ones for those people who want to collect coupons and exchange them for one big item.

HOWEVER there are now some unique options available in the Black Market with items you can't get elsewhere in the game available to those who want to use their coupons for something on a more consistent basis.

As a company we have to look at what we're doing and what works and what doesn't. In some cases having a million permanent weapons put in a patch and everyone goes out and gets them on February 3rd so that no one wants the item by February 17th just isn't a good model. So in discussion with the developers and on the back of their changes we have been able to find some compromises within the game so that we can provide a variety of permanent AND temporary options so there is something for everyone at any given time.

We have some of the highest counts of permanent weapons available through all versions of Cross Fire. And we continue to bring new ZP and GP options through our consistent patches. Now with this kind of update we are seeing some new options for people to try out of the Black Market as a supplemental way to get cool new weapons as a reward for buying crates.

Not every option that we or the developers make is going to please everyone, but understand that it is for the good of ALL players and the whole game that we constantly look for ways to sustain longevity and keep the content updates coming.

Try to think of the larger picture before deciding to post a huge QQ thread because there's a weapon introduced in the game that you can't permanently own. And on the flip side, if you already have the axe permanently then awesome. And if you don't, well now the Black Market is more flexible for you so that you don't feel the need to "horde" coupons for your item. The Axe is available in other places within the game, and we've seen special edition axes that are permanent, there is no reason to believe that these kinds of items will stop coming out. Just relax and have some fun within the game. Coupons are bonus items, treat them as such and you'll realize that you're having just as much fun.

Comments

• Exactly. There will be more weapons for you to get in the future as well.
  • Thanks for explaining this to everyone :D
    Now people can read this instead of rant about not getting an axe.
  • I expected this to be the reason behind the replacement but honestly i do believe that most players will not get over this as time goes on , the axe was probably the most precious item in the coupon exchange

Also , are there plans to make the remington / rx4 Storm permanent ? Its somewhat silly to replace the ak camo with 2 temp guns , especially since they are only for 30 days
  • BadLT wrote: »
    Also , are there plans to make the remington / rx4 Storm permanent ? Its somewhat silly to replace the ak camo with 2 temp guns , especially since they are only for 30 days

"Please note that the coupon exchange system is continuing to get updates with new weapons. This may mean that some of the old weapons will be removed. They may show up later on in the game in some other form however we cannot guarantee this fact. "
  • HackLose wrote: »
    Exactly. There will be more weapons for you to get in the future as well.

Yeah, but I actually saved my coupons because I was expecting a coupon update for this patch, indeed it was. But I wasn't expecting two temporally and over priced coupon weps. Not to mention that the last Coupon exchange for a 30day temporally gun(M4-Liberty) was better than the two guns provided in this patch.

So now I'm here sitting with 94 Coupons that I could of spent on a Permanent Axe last patch than just a 30 day temporally gun.

That's the only reason why people got a bit mad about the "remove" of the Permanent Axe, the two new guns that were introduced in the spot of the Axe are not worth it.
  • HackLose wrote: »
    "Please note that the coupon exchange system is continuing to get updates with new weapons. This may mean that some of the old weapons will be removed. They may show up later on in the game in some other form however we cannot guarantee this fact. "

So basically what you are telling me is to bend over and take it like a man?
    Its a question , your statement did not answer the given question
    I expected this to be the reason behind the replacement but honestly i do believe that most players will not get over this as time goes on , the axe was probably the most precious item in the coupon exchange

As should be fairly obvious with the post above. The coupon exchange system is definitely in a state of flux. This basically means that nothing is set in stone for the time being.

The system with the exception of a couple additional weapons here and there was static and unchanged for the last couple of years. We're seeing changes to this that will be up and down. It's impossible to say for certain whether "x will be permanent" or "y item will come back" or what have you.

Just having updates to the system is a positive, even though a few people may get upset at the direction of the change. Over time we will be able to look at the data and work with the developers to work out what works and what doesn't and what is best for the game.
  • SexyPollo wrote: »
    Yeah, but I actually saved my coupons because I was expecting a coupon update for this patch, indeed it was. But I wasn't expecting two temporally and over priced coupon weps. Not to mention that the last Coupon exchange for a 30day temporally gun(M4-Liberty) was better than the two guns provided in this patch.

So now I'm here sitting with 94 Coupons that I could of spent on a Permanent Axe last patch than just a 30 day temporally gun.

That's the only reason why people got a bit mad about the "remove" of the Permanent Axe, the two new guns that were introduced in the spot of the Axe are not worth it.

I see where you're coming from. Keep in mind that coupons are a bonus for spinning crates though. Also, Saidin said these guns are not set in stone - meaning in time they will also change.
  • SexyPollo wrote: »

That's the only reason why people got a bit mad about the remove of the Permanent Axe, the two guns exchanged for it are not worth it.

I can appreciate your frustration. But this sort of "hording" is exactly what this is trying to address. And while immediately these two weapons may not seem to you like worthy additions, over time having some legitimate temporary options in this part of the game is better for the life of the game.
  • ye, but why do we need 2 options to fill in with reminington for 50 coupons? when they are exactly the same?
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    As should be fairly obvious with the post above. The coupon exchange system is definitely in a state of flux. This basically means that nothing is set in stone for the time being.

The system with the exception of a couple additional weapons here and there was static and unchanged for the last couple of years. We're seeing changes to this that will be up and down. It's impossible to say for certain whether "x will be permanent" or "y item will come back" or what have you.

Just having updates to the system is a positive, even though a few people may get upset at the direction of the change. Over time we will be able to look at the data and work with the developers to work out what works and what doesn't and what is best for the game.

Okay fair enough , but stating that the items will change is pretty vague , if you had informed us the axe was going away we would be alot less mad about it right now , some of us had 49 coupons for example and were slacking , Still i do appreciate that you took the time to type out all of that
  • Still a bad move anyways, no need for explanations.
    They are complaining about doing a bad move, not removing weapons.
  • I dont really mind that the axe is gone, it was obvious that things in there would start changing eventually but 50 coupons for just a 30 days weapon is a little over priced in my opinion. I would of expected for 50 coupons to be 90 days o.O

I have 90 coupons myself waiting on a coupon exchange addition that appeals to me :P Had these coupons for ages and I dont like any of the guns that are there currently :( I'll keep a hold of them till a gun I like does come along :P Its bound to happen eventually hehe.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    I can appreciate your frustration. But this sort of "hording" is exactly what this is trying to address. And while immediately these two weapons may not seem to you like worthy additions, over time having some legitimate temporary options in this part of the game is better for the life of the game.

Yeah, I'm pretty positive about that.
    ye, but why do we need 2 options to fill in with reminington for 50 coupons? when they are exactly the same?

I was also thinking this, why do we need 2 Remington shotguns spots for exchange, when clearly they are the same. There could of been another item there, it didn't had to be "NEW."
  • Yeah people had more then enough time to get an axe ( I have 3 ) so there is no reason to complain, and these new guns are decent ( got the Rx4 )
  • RTOman wrote: »
    Yeah people had more then enough time to get an axe ( I have 3 ) so there is no reason to complain, and these new guns are decent ( got the Rx4 )

which is horrible , thanks for letting me test it :P

LOL...dddd.dd

No Problem, It isn't all that great (I said decent)
  • I feel as though you should give me 50 coupons and a permanent axe for all the undue damage and pain you have caused me over the loss of this coupon exchange item. These atrocities have destroyed the lives of families and my own ideals have been crushed.

Edit: Also mouse acceleration in CF is ruining competitive play.
  • loanb2g wrote: »
    I feel as though you should give me 50 coupons and a permanent axe for all the undue damage and pain you have caused me over the loss of this coupon exchange item. These atrocities have destroyed the lives of families and my own ideals have been crushed.
    tumblr_ljd3p8jThC1qixleeo1_400.gif
  • loanb2g wrote: »
    I feel as though you should give me 50 coupons and a permanent axe for all the undue damage and pain you have caused me over the loss of this coupon exchange item. These atrocities have destroyed the lives of families and my own ideals have been crushed.

Edit: Also mouse acceleration in CF is ruining competitive play.

lawl.. you can't be serious
  • RTO, that isn't entirely true. Saying that people had "more" than enough time to exchange isn't right. People may have just started. (The Game/Spinning Crates/Saving Coupons)

Anyways, I have my permanent axe, but I'm still thinking that you could have kept 1 axe in there Saidin..
  • iStalk9 wrote: »
    RTO, that isn't entirely true. Saying that people had "more" than enough time to exchange isn't right. People may have just started. (The Game/Spinning Crates/Saving Coupons)

Anyways, I have my permanent axe, but I'm still thinking that you could have kept 1 axe in there Saidin..

I believe the DEVs were the ones to decide what to put in not the GM's..

although 2 Remingtions is stupid, 1 Shotgun 1 Axe
  • Whatever way you look at it, removing the perm axe from the coupon exchange will kill competitive ghost mode in the long run. I honestly don't care what your reasons are for removing it.

The axe was literally the best deal in the coupon exchange. It was considered the standard for melee weapons, because it doesn't 1 shot if you hit the legs with a right click, as well as the range not being as far as the shovel. Having a 1 shot headshot was okay on this weapon too since it's basically either try for a headshot when you left click or try for a 1 hit kill when you right click, neither were guaranteed kills on contact unless they hit the correct spot.

Every other melee weapon in the game aside from the knife is overpowered. My clan as well as many other ghost mode clans that I've seen throughout the years have had a strict knife and axe only rule in place, especially for clan wars. Removing the axe from coupon exchange ruins that, because what used to be a fairly easy to attain permanent weapon can now only be achieved temporarily (or through zp crates when the rose axe was attainable).

G4Box has to be able to see the game through the eyes of the player, as well as through the eyes of a business, for the sake of the game, and in this case particularly, ghost mode. Without the axe, ghost mode will lose it's competitive edge.

I already have the axe and so does everyone else that I know that wanted it, that should be enough evidence to support I'm not looking out for myself with this plea, I'm trying to fight for the game. Please put it back where it was, or be faced with the consequences of the already dwindling ghost mode community die over time.
  • RTOman wrote: »
    I believe the DEVs were the ones to decide what to put in not the GM's..

although 2 Remingtions is stupid, 1 Shotgun 1 Axe

Saidin was the one who made this thread, trying to explain to us. Therefore I directed my statement towards him. Sit.
  • GodsGunman wrote: »
    Whatever way you look at it, removing the perm axe from the coupon exchange will kill competitive ghost mode in the long run. I honestly don't care what your reasons are for removing it.

The axe was literally the best deal in the coupon exchange. It was considered the standard for melee weapons, because it doesn't 1 shot if you hit the legs with a right click, as well as the range not being as far as the shovel. Having a 1 shot headshot was okay on this weapon too since it's basically either try for a headshot when you left click or try for a 1 hit kill when you right click, neither were guaranteed kills on contact unless they hit the correct spot.

Every other melee weapon in the game aside from the knife is overpowered. My clan as well as many other ghost mode clans that I've seen throughout the years have had a strict knife and axe only rule in place, especially for clan wars. Removing the axe from coupon exchange ruins that, because what used to be a fairly easy to attain permanent weapon can now only be achieved temporarily (or through zp crates when the rose axe was attainable).

G4Box has to be able to see the game through the eyes of the player, as well as through the eyes of a business, for the sake of the game, and in this case particularly, ghost mode. Without the axe, ghost mode will lose it's competitive edge.

I already have the axe and so does everyone else that I know that wanted it, that should be enough evidence to support I'm not looking out for myself with this plea, I'm trying to fight for the game. Please put it back where it was, or be faced with the consequences of the already dwindling ghost mode community die over time.

If they dont have the axe they will get better with the knife. I used to suck with knife in gm as bl but I forced myself to use it for a while now and have got a lot better with it and find it 10x more fun to sue than the axe.
  • Having to "get better" with the knife is still a disadvantage. But oh well.
  • Well, there goes me getting a perm axe for my alt.. I don't think it was a great move.. Sure I have a perm axe but what about the new players who have just started playing the game?

The axe was balanced in my opinion and just wasting more zp to have it temp isn't really great.. I would say that you do in fact put the axe back up to where it was in it's initial spot... Besides, taking away the axe spot, you now put 2 things that are temp for 30 days and the exact same thing...
  • ^^ Not anymore, there is no perm axe so they have to use the knife lol. If they use knife from the start then there will be no problem.
This discussion has been closed.