Combat Axe and Coupon Exchange changes.

Comments

• Maybe we should have had a warning saying some coupons weapons were gonna be changed, even without precising which weapons. It would have prevented a lot of complains.
  • dooplpk wrote: »
    Then it looks like you are good to go to compete at the top level.

I dont do competetive gm , despite being the best Gm-er in my old clan and current one , mainly because i am not a serious player , people like to insult me about my rank because i dont slave away infront of my Pc trying to get to marshal
  • BadLT wrote: »
    I dont do competetive gm , despite being the best Gm-er in my old clan and current one , mainly because i am not a serious player , people like to insult me about my rank because i dont slave away infront of my Pc trying to get to marshal

You don't have to play a lot to be "competitive". It also has nothing to do with rank. vVv LifeLine who got 4th in the world at WCG, doesn't practice much at all. You don't have to play a lot to be "serious". It is strictly a matter of when you are playing to actually make use of it and try. I know that trying is actually a faux paux in online video games, but you'll have rather good success if you try for 3 hours a week, instead of messing around for 12.
    You don't have to play a lot to be "competitive". It also has nothing to do with rank. vVv LifeLine who got 4th in the world at WCG, doesn't practice much at all. You don't have to play a lot to be "serious". It is strictly a matter of when you are playing to actually make use of it and try. I know that trying is actually a faux paux in online video games, but you'll have rather good success if you try for 3 hours a week, instead of messing around for 12.

I know , but i dont feel at the level of becoming a competitive player just yet , maybe when i get even better
  • you guys could have left one axe perm there and one shotgun and one rifle, both didnt need to go :(
  • did i mention i love Saidin's PR... GODLIKE <3
  • Maybe we should have had a warning saying some coupons weapons were gonna be changed, even without precising which weapons. It would have prevented a lot of complains.

They gave warning in the last patch, saying that weapons from coupons will change... Didnt saidin quote that in the OP?
  • They gave warning in the last patch, saying that weapons from coupons will change... Didnt saidin quote that in the OP?

They just said that there would be updates in the future, and didn't precise it would be this patch.
    If you look at TalonBlaze's threads, a majority of the top ghost mode players believe the competitions should be run with knives and not axes. I believe this change will better the ghost mode community rather than hurt it. Now the skill ceiling of BL has just gotten much higher. This will allow members of the community to outshine nearly everyone around them. This is why broodwar and quake series can be so exciting to watch. The skill ceiling is nearly limitless. There would be no Flash's or Cypher's if the competitions were friendly to get into. When I first started playing starcraft and later broodwar, it was quite the shock. I realized that I could be as good as I practiced to be, and grinded my way from a mediocre c6 level played to a mid to low b player. Along the way I learned so many transferable skills that I still use to this day.

For "competitive" ghost mode it is teams/clans that will be the next generation that furthers the mode. It isn't a matter of if new people would try ghost mode or not, it is a matter of getting more teams/clans to play it.

As for Z8 promoting ghost mode leagues and tournaments. This is mandatory, even if the axe was still ZP, if they didn't promote or the community didn't promote it there would be a very poor turnout. One of the reasons there was so many teams for the first WOGL O/P season was because of the massive push z8 did in promotions. WOGL-O was free to play and anybody could sign up for the single elimination tournament to earn a birth into the playoffs of the paid league. WOGL-P had a good turnout as well becuase buying entry into the tournament got not only the chance to win $1000 and the trip to china, but ZP items as well. Effectively you spent 10k ZP and gained more than you would if you just spent it on items normally. I believe GodsGunman had it backwards, to not spend the effort promoting ghost mode would be risky. In that case you are solely betting on word of mouth to convince teams to sign up. I believe the last round of WCG qualifiers had such a low turnout team wise because I feel it wasn't promoted enough. Z8 did do a lot in terms of announcements on the competitive page and in the forums, but I feel that there had to of been a way to get more exposure it could of been much larger and more successful like some of the other titles that were competing.

Sorry for the poor grammar and incoherent wall of text. I have been up well over 24 hours so things are getting a bit frazzled upstairs.

GodsGunman wrote: »
    There are lots of ghost mode players that would never have gotten into Ghost Mode if there was no axe, me being one of them. I strongly believe new people that try out ghost mode who only have the knife will not like it at all, and never play it again. Those that get the axe (like myself) might start enjoying it, and try to get better, eventually joining a ghost mode team.

Not having the axe in the coupon exchange for the same amount of coupons as before will in the long run kill ghost mode.

^This.

My point is that new players won't be attracted to the mode without a somewhat easily attainable permanent melee weapon like the axe was.

Saidin however said they would do some Ghost Mode events, which would end up benefiting the ghost mode community as well.

edit*

To add onto this:

Once again, my point is that the axe brings people into ghost mode, who may develop into competitive ghost mode players over time. I've seen people all the time state that they're trying out the knife now to try and get better. Those people didn't always use the knife, chances are they used the axe for a long time before they switched to the knife to try and improve even more. Any new ghost mode player won't get the opportunity to evolve from the axe to the knife now.
  • Well,at least make the current 50 coupon weapons perm-.-
  • the black market is getting mad pricey now. 50 coupon for a 30 day shotty/some ugly rifle. 100 coupons for awm with +5 bullets.

i don't really buy the whole 'coupon is a bonus weapon' thing either. people buy ZP just for coupons sometimes

i don't care much that axe is no longer perm, but there probably should of been a heads up for the people to prepare.

people better get the m4c for an almost decent price while they still can.
  • JudgeSims wrote: »
    the black market is getting mad pricey now. 50 coupon for a 30 day shotty/some ugly rifle. 100 coupons for awm with +5 bullets.

i don't really buy the whole 'coupon is a bonus weapon' thing either. people buy ZP just for coupons sometimes

i don't care much that axe is no longer perm, but there probably should of been a heads up for the people to prepare.

people better get the m4c for an almost decent price while they still can.

I'm trying o get AXE,because it's kinda cheap compare to other stuff,now it's gone,IDK what to get now,probably the D.E.G,but kinda too expensive ..
  • My permanent axe is now even more special. :)
  • aRusher wrote: »
    My permanent axe is now even more special. :)

Maybe they ll remove AWM CAMO..after several patches,maybe add STRIPES C:
  • namenkoo wrote: »
    Maybe they ll remove AWM CAMO..after several patches,maybe add STRIPES C:

Maybe. That would make my AWM-Camo more special too. :cool:
  • We don't mind having coupon guns exchanged from time to time.

But having the GM's not warning us which coupon weapons will be replaced before the patch is the biggest issue.

Atleast give us a week of notice before the removal of coupon weapons.
  • aRusher wrote: »
    Maybe. That would make my AWM-Camo more special too. :cool:

Yes,and I have it... Only one coupon exchange perm weapon only....
  • I'm fine with items being pulled out that have been in there awhile.
    (+1)

What I think the coupon system should do is bring in a larger variety of perm guns. How many of the perm coupon weapons are rifles or sniper rifles? How many of the perm coupon guns are smg, mg, or shotguns?
    (-1)

Please consider bringing in some of the other gun types to make more variety.
    (win)
  • QQ is what you call it huh ?

way to stand your ground saiden :/, and thanks for the 100k zp temporary name card , temporary etc , etc , etc ....

still very much disappointed , I have nothing more to say on this matter

have a permanent nice day
  • PR0PAGANDA wrote: »
    way to stand your ground saiden :/, and thanks for the 100k zp temporary name card , temporary ect , ect , ect ....

still very much disappointed , I have nothing more to say on this matter

have a permanent nice day

It's Saidin..,and ETC,not ECT
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Having a player who has opened up enough crates to get what they want out of the coupons who then refuses to open up more crates because they have all coupon weapons is a concern.
    What about a player like me who dont refuse to open crates but system forces to exchange something whenever coupon slot is max'ed. I have crates remaining in my BM storage right now and i cant open b/c of that restriction. So if coupons are "bonus weapons," why are they restricted to 100? Also why GMs or DEV'ers can't expand coupon slots to make a room for the weapons they want to add rather removing a perm. weapon, melee?
    Enlighten to me please....:confused:
  • Exactly. There will be more weapons for you to get in the future as well.
  • Xiao_Guai wrote: »
    Exactly. There will be more weapons for you to get in the future as well.

So?more weapon like 30 day??
  • namenkoo wrote: »
    It's Saidin..,and ETC,not ECT

I always get caught " mispellin " something , but you gotta realize I am from the southern united states , far from fresh outta school , and I cut down trees for a living , What do you want from me ?.... Lol
  • PR0PAGANDA wrote: »
    I always get caught mispellin something , but you gotta realize I am from the southern united states , Lol

And I'm Chinese -.-
  • so as gm said people shouldn't be getting opening crates for coupons, more specifically coupon guns available.

Except guns like m4c to be gone soon.

Also these temp guns should have been 25 coupons or 90 days for 50 coupons.
    Like this no one will get them (almost no one)

I would have actually gotten the shotgun to try it if it was 25coupons.
    (where the 25coupon slots are all the god damn same thing)
  • The only thing that bothers me about this recent loss of a coupon axe is the lack of players permanent melee weapon options. As of now they have none. Choice is a good thing until you reach the point of possibly having too many choices. Having no choices is never conducive to good business unless there is a monopoly, of which CF does not currently have in the FPS category.

I happen to love GM and limiting anyone new to a knife only unless they spend consistent amounts of money (because consistent and sufficient free zp options aren't available for everyone mind you) just plain sucks.

Also replacing both perm axe slots with a copy of the new temp gun was kinda just salt in the wound. They could've just replaced 1 slot.
  • I can't fathom what this thread is about.

Even if everything was taken literally as stated then why add two shotguns anyway? Wouldn't it make sense to have an axe and a shotgun?

Wouldn't that generate more income? Wouldn't that give more variety? And encourage the spending of more coupons?

And who the hell is going to pay 50 coupons for those guns? I have not been 1 in game yet and asked big ZP spenders if they have brought these guns and they didn't laugh at the suggestion.
  • They should make AXE,and the shotty both 50 coupon perm, like a close combat combo
This discussion has been closed.