Censorship Why?!?!?!

2»

Comments

• It's a game.. People are always gonna whine that someone killed them or someone killed the whole team when it was just skillz and luck. This is prolly the last thing that should be dealt with because if there are no hackers, no one can whine that the person is hacking. Meaning people will just be jealous or fustrated.
    X-trap has been doing a pretty good job at maintaining the amount of hackers in the game with the exception of certain modes such as FFA and MM which I never play anyways. So for less QQ'ing I suppose playing in delta and echo servers where anyone who whines is usually kicked. I tend to ignore the complaints most of the time. I'll just say that I'm not hacking and let them decide.
  • vMiami wrote: »
    I'll just say that I'm not hacking and let them decide.

Thing is, there is no point even saying I don't hack. It's not like most hackers when accused say 'Yes I admit I'm an idiot hacker'. So saying I don't hack achieves absolutely nothing. If they have come to some enlightened decision that I hack they will kick no matter what I say. I don't even bother now. I just play, but if I feel my score is getting too high (which doesn't happen all that often but enough) I lay off a bit.
  • either that or have no in game chat (preferable).

+100000000000
  • vMiami wrote: »
    his is prolly the last thing that should be dealt with because if there are no hackers

They can and do, I had a major QQ'ing yesterday and a many others (here is a few):

01majorqq.jpg

01elatix.jpg

01report.jpg
    vMiami wrote: »
    I suppose playing in delta and echo servers where anyone who whines is usually kicked.

I can't play Delta or any ranked server without being QQ'ed at and swiftly kicked, I guess because there big noobs (rank wise) they know best.
    Jack_Pro wrote: »
    +100000000000

Yea, I think the only way you can have a kick vote is to disable in-game chat as that is used to influence kicks.
  • BLock the whole chat only whisper and clan chat should be allowed

that would be so awesome... no more being called hackur and than kicked because some nub sees the word hack
  • My in-game name is also Assclown321. No censoring there :)
  • I can't play Delta or any ranked server without being QQ'ed at and swiftly kicked, I guess because there big noobs (rank wise) they know best.

The noobs who QQ know how to farm... :(
  • I asked this before, but i dont recall any formal answer by the GMs/Mods. Just wondering, but why are some words blocked/censored. It doesnt make sense. I understand why some swear words and some derogatory terms are blocked but...

Words like Hack, Hacker, Christ, Christmas, and phrases that contain these words shouldnt be blocked.

For example: "Get that Hat its awsome" ends up bleeping half the phrase out because it contains the word "****" between its and hats. This is a fail and a complete flaw on the programers part.

Im suggesting that we get rid of the whole censorship of words for three reasons. We arnt playing a game for little 12 year olds, People get around and say what they have to anyway, and its repeatingly annoying when your trying to have a decent convo with a friend.

Anyway, post your thoughts, rants, angers, QQing, etc on this thread. Want to see what you people have to say.

my friend, that's where you're wrong :rolleyes:
  • I don't think they should be heard period, personally. The chat in game breeds paranoia and a bad community that cannot accept they got defeated.

QQ'ing in game isn't needed nor is requesting kicks, after all - only your team can spec you that's why there should be harsher cendorship esp in this respect.

I don't get why you think being able to QQ or request kicks in game is a necessity.

Wow, look at this unintelligent fool. Words are words, and people get around to say this anyway. Regardless, people will continue to QQ even if you block the words, its a nuisance to those that actually speak intelligently, for example: ME!

Whats really funny and hypocritical is that your QQing about QQers. Seriosly...
  • Or, they could simply make it so that the censorship is an option you can turn on and off in the options menu?
  • Or, they could simply make it so that the censorship is an option you can turn on and off in the options menu?

Nah, nothing should be censored. Its pointless, people get around saying curse/swear/derrogatory/religeous/rascist words anyway.
  • Wow, look at this unintelligent fool. Words are words, and people get around to say this anyway. Regardless, people will continue to QQ even if you block the words, its a nuisance to those that actually speak intelligently, for example: ME!

Whats really funny and hypocritical is that your QQing about QQers. Seriosly...

So you think it is a necessity to QQ in game, whilst I think there's no place for it as it makes you look like a total noob and makes you clan look like noobs.

I don't care if you QQ from moring to night but when noobs have the power to kick it's deadly, remove the kick vote and the filter for all I care, I think you'll want both though;)

Grow up:)
  • The censorship system is plain useless. I can cuss the hell out of people. I'll even post some screenshots. IF, I'm not lazy.
  • Jack_Pro wrote: »
    The noobs who QQ know how to farm... :(

That's true, I know of many farmers that only QQ in game, they think because they have the rank they should be better, the trouble is they didn't get their rank from experience in game.
  • For some reason, i cant say this phrase: " Im gonna use my axe" .

I forgot, but some of it is censored.
  • I myself find it useless and annoying. It makes it harder for people to communicate.

I've said this before...we're not in a rated E game.

Either delete it...or fix it. Like whisper me. That gets blocked >.>
  • I asked this before, but i dont recall any formal answer by the GMs/Mods. Just wondering, but why are some words blocked/censored. It doesnt make sense. I understand why some swear words and some derogatory terms are blocked but...

Words like Hack, Hacker, Christ, Christmas, and phrases that contain these words shouldnt be blocked.

For example: "Get that Hat its awsome" ends up bleeping half the phrase out because it contains the word "****" between its and hats. This is a fail and a complete flaw on the programers part.

Im suggesting that we get rid of the whole censorship of words for three reasons. We arnt playing a game for little 12 year olds, People get around and say what they have to anyway, and its repeatingly annoying when your trying to have a decent convo with a friend.

Anyway, post your thoughts, rants, angers, QQing, etc on this thread. Want to see what you people have to say.

This community is overpopulated with teenagers. 12 is basically preteen but I mean most of us act younger. ( Maturity Wise )
  • how can we report there is a hacker if all the words we need to report is censored, the other team wont know the reasons why we asking to kick that hacker and furthermore the hacker just kick our ass without worring about getting kicked
  • how can we report there is a hacker if all the words we need to report is censored, the other team wont know the reasons why we asking to kick that hacker and furthermore the hacker just kick our ass without worring about getting kicked

QQin isn't required, you report hackers here.

As for kicking alleged hackers, if you can't see them hacking and the hacker is on your team, then you shouldn't be kicking them at all, esp the request of a mardy enemy that doesn't like getting killed so he cries hacker or is a complete noob.
  • QQin isn't required, you report hackers here.

As for kicking alleged hackers, if you can't see them hacking and the hacker is on your team, then you shouldn't be kicking them at all, esp the request of a mardy enemy that doesn't like getting killed so he cries hacker or is a complete noob.

Bro, once again, your QQing about QQers. It makes you a hypocrite.

The reality is, that QQing is never going to stop, and if those overly used words are blocked, then the noobs will make new words to replace that. It will never end. The censorship should be banned as it makes conversations hard to have, and get your point accross in many situations. Imagine if this forum had automatic censor, it would be horrible.
  • down with the world filter i cant even talk about my axe and say with axe because it says ***

fail cencore to cover their butts from a bunch of raging 12 year olds who shouldnt even be playing

the only reason they keep them is same reason they keep the br's $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Bro, once again, your QQing about QQers. It makes you a hypocrite.

Nah actually your (QQin) crying like a little baby, because I told someone they don't need to cry in game.