Failed to connect to server

124»

Comments

• [QUOTE=[MOD]ShadowRo;n6276845]@Alv3rgon - Today 12.aug.2016 i still encounter fail connect to server before login - despite the fact that server seems to be online (not like yesterday)..

My solution was to open manually some ports in my home router to the PC i play Crossfire

So i use a router ADSL (connected to a phone line for internet) and i open those port:
    Port: 13008 Protocol: TCP
    Port: 13008 Protocol: UDP
    Port: 10009 Protocol: TCP
    Port: 16666 Protocol: TCP
    Port: 10009 Protocol: UDP
    Port: 16666 Protocol: UDP

Read again first message from this topic and try solution from there first... if you have a home router u may be needed to manually opne those ports

OR just disable the firewall from router and test if crossfire work :) ..

P.S. If you have a direct LAN connection from your provider - try opne those ports in your windows firewall (or antivirus) / same test with disabled windows firewall and see if work.[/QUOTE]

I take it this is how it should be ?

https://prnt.sc/10ernhs
  • [QUOTE=[GM]Celestine;n319365]Attention Mercenaries,

Many of you reported that you receive an error during playing CrossFire or when logging in similar to this:
    Failed_to_connect_to_Host_Server.png
    • Please be aware that does not effect all of the players of a specific region or Internet Service Provider.
    • It is not an issue we can solve from our end, but we monitor the situation closely.
    • Most of the time the issue gets solved by itself but you can try a few steps of troubleshooting that might solve the issue for you.
    • Even if the issue returns after it was solved, you can try again to solve it.

1. Check the Firmware of your Router/Modem.
    • If the last update was a very long time ago, please check if you can get an update.
    • If you Firmware was updated very recently, you might have received a faulty update, and want to try to roll back the Firmware to a previous update.
    • For instruction to find this, please check the manual of your Router/Modem or check for a manual online.

2. Opening ports: In order to allow information from the internet or an online game to reach your computer, you might need to open a port through your Windows Firewall.
    • To open a specific port, use the following steps:

[LIST=1|INDENT=2]
    [*]Click on the Windows Key + R on your keyboard
    [*]In the Run window that will appear, type firewall.cpl and hit Enter
    [*]Click on Advanced Settings on the left menu (You might need Administrative permission)
    [*]You can either follow the instructions on the screen, or use the following guide: http://www.mytecbits.com/microsoft/windows/opening-port-in-windows-8-firewall
    [*]You will need to open 6 different ports for CrossFire. The details for these ports are listed below:
    [/LIST]
    - Name: Crossfire1 Port: 13008 Protocol: TCP
    - Name: Crossfire2 Port: 13008 Protocol: UDP
    - Name: Xtrap1 Port: 10009 Protocol: TCP
    - Name: Xtrap2 Port: 16666 Protocol: TCP
    - Name: Xtrap3 Port: 10009 Protocol: UDP
    - Name: Xtrap4 Port: 16666 Protocol: UDP
    • If you are using an internet router, most likely it will have a separate Firewall. Since there are many different manufacturers, we are unable to provide a one guide for all of them. Please consult with your router manufacturers guide, or visit http://portforward.com to find instructions of how to forward the above mentioned ports.
    3. Flush and register DNS. Please try following instructions:
    For Windows 7 or 8:

[LIST=1|INDENT=2]
    [*]Hold down the Windows key and press R. (This will open the Run dialogue.)
    [*]Type cmd and press Enter. (This will open a command prompt.)
    [*]Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
    [*]Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
    [*]Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    [*]Turn off your Modem/Router and wait 5 minutes
    [*]Turn your Modem/Router back on, wait until it booted completely
    [*]Back on your PC, type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    [*]Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    [*]Reboot your computer.
    [/LIST]
    4. If this didn't solve the issue, please send us a support ticket and provide us with the following information:
    - Error Message (Screenshot)
    - Issue Start Date
    - Your Location: City/State/Country
    - Your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
    - IP Address
    - Operating System (Ex: Windows 7 64-Bit)
    - Specific Channels and Servers you cannot connect to
    - DxDiag File http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-vista/run-directx-diagnostic-tool (Please try zipping up the file using a .zip or . rar program, and upload that file with your reply.)

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

- CrossFire Support Team[/QUOTE]
    the problem from the server side why was it necessary to write this nonsense that does not help ?
  • [QUOTE=[MOD]ShadowRo;n6276845]@Alv3rgon - Today 12.aug.2016 i still encounter fail connect to server before login - despite the fact that server seems to be online (not like yesterday)..

My solution was to open manually some ports in my home router to the PC i play Crossfire

So i use a router ADSL (connected to a phone line for internet) and i open those port:
    Port: 13008 Protocol: TCP
    Port: 13008 Protocol: UDP
    Port: 10009 Protocol: TCP
    Port: 16666 Protocol: TCP
    Port: 10009 Protocol: UDP
    Port: 16666 Protocol: UDP

Read again first message from this topic and try solution from there first... if you have a home router u may be needed to manually opne those ports

OR just disable the firewall from router and test if crossfire work :) ..

P.S. If you have a direct LAN connection from your provider - try opne those ports in your windows firewall (or antivirus) / same test with disabled windows firewall and see if work.[/QUOTE]
    another nonsense is that they are trying to buy off the players, these methods do not work the problem is in the game servers
  • nonsense is that im losing my zp that i spend by not being able to play the game, ofc i wont get back that zp i spend for 30d items
  • [GM]Celestine it is quite possible that this error is due to cheaters (which no one from the administration pays attention to, at the moment their number is about 80%), they include some kind of "ability" in which there is a departure from the rooms of other players
  • Please sell this game to a company that values it
  • I have this problem as well spent an hour or more trying to figure it out but couldn't
    I reinstalled but that didn't work.
  • dewdwfwe wrote: »
    I have this problem as well spent an hour or more trying to figure it out but couldn't
    I reinstalled but that didn't work.

Same here brother. It is so painful that I am struggling with this error for the past 1 week and the irony is that the CF support team is not even responding to my support ticket.

• This game sucks, just as every ppl who works to make this game better.
    Fucking useless game, one day this game will disapear.
    Error everytime, every patch always someth wrong
    dog game fcking bots
    getting 88888888888$ cant even make a decent game
    hackers every where
    ur system sucks fcking shty
    so much issues in this stupid game
    dont worry i will say bad things to every one i know who play cf or want to play
    just here to make money, thats why cf will never be famous like cf or valorant
    look ur fcking graphism it sucks so bad
    hope u guys got ddos

• You are wrong, not problem in us and ours firewall.
    problem is in bad technical support and their bad maintenance.
    disconnection from servers already last few months and every day is worst and worst,
  • have the same problem for the last 1 week (Failed to connect to Server on the login screen ) but crossfire support gave me few steps to follow but nothing happened don't know what to do know
  • often i had errors in ranked mode and lose points ,.
    now got mesage to plenty leaving game and i canot play next 30 minutes.
    so dear admins i wana tell u some:
    1. is no problem in my firewall
    2. problem is bad maitenance
    3. dont punish me for your mistakes

good day and bye
  • I am s!ck off you false axusess, i'm here playning CF since beta in 2009 and watching this mess since z8 took the game from suba, u give a wet sh!t about the game u just wanna melk the cow further!
    U tell us to write to the support, support always blame the player for bad gaming expirence due to bad hardware or connection, f@ck it!

U are to blame in first instance, cf is one of the games with the most profit und u wanna tell me u cant manage to get stable servers? bs!!!!!

I watch this mess for too long now and i wont spend anymore for this f@cking freak show!!!!!!!!!!!!

only sheeps will accept ur false excuses
  • disconect from server.... gj z8
    rly fcking suport
  • WORKING FOR ME NOW: See below on what i did:

I dont know who still may have this issue or running into the problem BUT!!!! I had run into the "Failed to connect to the server" at the login screen countless times and i live in NY HOWEVER, after doing the original support guide listed on page 1 specifically for me opening the ports listed on your firewall I then factory reset my router (i suggest looking up how to do so with the router you have as it may be different).

I WILL SAY THIS! DONT FACTORY RESET YOUR ROUTER IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THAT WILL DO OR IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SET IT BACK UP BECAUSE IT WILL EARSE YOUR WIFI AND LOSE CONNECTION UNTIL SET BACK UP!

After setting the router back up and rebooting my computer, I was able to login like normal and load the website.
  • Dear users AA AA, they do their job well Your modem may be swollen, do a reset Since everyone is at home, ethernet can be intense.Aaaaaaa look I'm a little more surprised now Latam is updating gives error 2009What is the reason .Alpha was broken, it got a little better Next Latam (test)Is coming Then test the na chs from bottom to top. Anyway, everyone is afk again. To whom we are writing.
  • failed to connect to server... i tried all stuff u posted here and did not worked, i tried tickets... they told me its win 7 OS issue - so other win7 users wont be able to play on win 7 anymore as well as me... win 11 not suported, win 7 not suported for this game... time to start playing dif. game.. too bad noone will be playing on mine account anymore... so many good stuff there :-( rip my time in this game

• Same here trying to play for nostalgia... Failed to connect to server from login page.. called ISP to open ports, check firewall, disable proxys, reinstall, nothing works.. so sad to see this game basically in the ground... bad Z8 bad!!

• This error means your device cannot connect to your provider's mail server. It can be anything from no network, intermittent or unstable network, or even a good internet connection in general but inability to reach your specific provider's mail server.

• - Fecha de inicio de la emisión 07/12/2023  11.32
    - Su ubicación: Ciudad/Estado/País republica dominicana 
    - Su ISP (proveedor de servicios de Internet) dsl claro
    -Dirección IP 179.53.162.32
    - Sistema operativo (por ejemplo, Windows 10 de 64 bits)
    - Canales y servidores específicos a los que no puedes conectarte [Failed to connect to server]