Failed to download patch file - Information.

Hello, Vu here.

So we're all aware (GMs too) that there's an issue with the patching for now (although not everyone has this issue).

For now the solutions include :

-Trying again and again : This has been said to work by a few forumers, not guaranteed.

-reinstalling : That should do the trick, if not, try the 3rd option

-Clean reinstall : This is supposed to be a foolproof solution, although it takes time. steps are :
1) Uninstall the game completely, and delete Z8Games folder from your program files folder
2) Perform system cleaning (Ex. Using CCleaner)
3) Disable your Anti-Virus real-time protection
4) Re-download the newest version of the game http://crossfire.z8games.com/downloadS2.aspx
5) Install the game
6) Add CrossFire and CrossFire folder to your Anti-Virus and Firewall exceptions list
7) Close all programs running in the background
8) Re-enable your Anti-Virus real-time protection

-Alternate solution : NickTran1 came up with this, it worked for some people :
Step 1: Go to CF folder and copy REZ folder to somewhere else, desktop is recommended.
Step 2: Delete BACKUP, HGWC , LOG , REZ , XTRAP folder.
Step 3: Run CF, then xtrap will run and say that REZ files have changed.
Step 4: Paste your old REZ folder into CF folder again, the one that you copied ealier.

-another "fix" that worked for some players :
Right click on the CF shortcut on your desktop and click "Open file location"
That will lead you towards the crossfire folder quicker.
Then What I did was moved my rez folder and my HGWC and deleted my XTrap folder and delete your Logs also.
After that try running the game, you will run across the "HGWC problem".
Bring back the HGWC and your Rez folder and run the game again/ patch. It will download you a new Xtrap and HOPEFULLY like me you get it patched.

I'll edit this thread as we get more information or a fix. Please don't spam "I have this too, please fix it" or make more of these threads, thanks.

Also, I'm copying useful posts in here too.

Comments

• Collection of posts from other threads :
    zigzag1 wrote: »
    I also had this issue.
    I just tried numerous times to start and after about 6-8 tries it worked.
    Be persistent i guess.

Ign GanjaGun
    RTiculate wrote: »
    Mine I believe is for Crossfire Idk for sure. When you launch Crossfire it Simply starts downloading and quits anywhere from 340kb to 401kb and quits instantly.
    NickTran1 wrote: »
    Thank me if it work:

Step 1: Go to CF folder and copy REZ folder to somewhere else, desktop is recommended.
    Step 2: Delete BACKUP, HGWC , LOG , REZ , XTRAP folder.
    Step 3: Run CF, then xtrap will run and say that REZ files have changed.
    Step 4: Paste your old REZ folder into CF folder again, the one that you copied ealier.

I don't have this problem but I think you can try it.
    prothief wrote: »
    Alright I have been having this issue, and so have many other players. CF was no help as their steps only cause more confusion.
    SO I am here to explain how I did it.

Right click on the CF shortcut on your desktop and click "Open file location"
    That will lead you towards the crossfire folder quicker.
    Then What I did was moved my rez folder and my HGWC and deleted my XTrap folder and delete your Logs also.
    After that try running the game, you will run across the "HGWC problem".
    Bring back the HGWC and your Rez folder and run the game again/ patch. It will download you a new Xtrap and HOPEFULLY like me you get it patched.

w
  • still tried 10x times, isnt working failed to download
  • I am not having this issue, but what if someone uploads the files from August patch? Then you just need to download the files and put in the rez folder
  • I am not having this issue, but what if someone uploads the files from August patch? Then you just need to download the files and put in the rez folder
    [MOD]Vu wrote: »
    Hello, Vu here.

So we're all aware (GMs too) that there's an issue with the patching for now (although not everyone has this issue).

For now the solutions include :
    -Trying again and again : This has been said to work by a few forumers, not guaranteed.
    -reinstalling : That should do the trick, if not, try the 3rd option
    -Clean reinstall : This is supposed to be a foolproof solution, although it takes time. steps are :
    1) Uninstall the game completely, and delete Z8Games folder from your program files folder
    2) Perform system cleaning (Ex. Using CCleaner)
    3) Disable your Anti-Virus real-time protection
    4) Re-download the newest version of the game http://crossfire.z8games.com/downloadS2.aspx
    5) Install the game
    6) Add CrossFire and CrossFire folder to your Anti-Virus and Firewall exceptions list
    7) Close all programs running in the background
    8) Re-enable your Anti-Virus real-time protection

I'll edit this thread as we get more information or a fix. Please don't spam "I have this too, please fix it" or make more of these threads, thanks.

Also, I'm copying useful posts in here too.
    Pointless thread doesn't help.
  • WorldWLt wrote: »
    Pointless thread doesn't help.

It worked for me.
  • Added NickTran1's quote and "fix".

Keep in mind, due to not knowing exactly why the patch has issues, these "solutions" might not work for everyone. However, SGW does know about it and has been working on the problem trying to fix it for a while.
  • Another Loading Error
    Collection of posts from other threads :

I did all the instructions listed above and received the error message of "File is changed: W[2007] L[3] rez\RB001.REZ"
  • Still can't play this game is starting to pi** me off, so sick of z8 and there slowness with fixing things, been 4 days and can't even patch and get on worthless.
  • I was affraid to read this problem until ... it happened to me and that i tryed to analyse/fix it.

Early in the morning, no problemo until 5AM.

5 hours later i launch the game, login ... and the time to check my options, i got a harsh return to desktop. I tryed a fews time more before decide to clean the installation then reinstall. Everytime i have near to 30 sec before the return to desktop occur ... or if i press "save" in the option. I've placed a filespy on all the files present on the Mydocs folder, no one is readed/writed by the client when the bug occur lol

Fine, i decided to totally clean the installation. The hard way, to the registry and system files. Everything.

Now the return to desktop occur when i launch the client, trying to patch something ...but if i spy the process, it open and read nothing lol

20794165321_3684ceef26_b.jpg

So, i'm blocked and i will lost a couple of hours trying to digg more deeply the thing to have , maybe, the chance to play this week end.

If i find something cool (no, the procedure in the sticky post isn't usefull because it concern a different bug), i will share it.
  • How do you know if they are?
    Added NickTran1's quote and "fix".

Keep in mind, due to not knowing exactly why the patch has issues, these "solutions" might not work for everyone. However, SGW does know about it and has been working on the problem trying to fix it for a while.
  • Been almost 5 days and still nothing come on fix your crap z8.
  • why dont they just undue the patch and when they fig whats wrong then use it
  • WorldWLt wrote: »
    Been almost 5 days and still nothing come on fix your crap z8.
    Me too, I tried all the solutions they posted, none of them works for me. last time that happened to me, I was like waited untill their next patch out.
  • fail to download patch

are they ever going to fix this...thi is reason why I don't buy zp any more...I haven't been able to play for almost a week now and tried everything..they should get get rid of that patch and then fig out whats wrong with it before using it
  • Z8 sucks. I've tried everything, too.
    It has been such a long ass time and we still cant play.
    One of the funny things is that the latest version from their website still requires "download the patch file"! why its called the latest????
    Been working so long and still cant fix it, just keep making people feel sick about them.
  • BTW, why tf theres a "selfupdate" icon, i cant even open it.
  • what they should do is add the patch to the download,,then we uninstall it the redownload it with patch already in it,,this is why I stopped buy ZP,,i was out for almost a month due to a patch and lost the use of weapons I purchased before the update...they wont even say working on it or give any ,, diable the dam patch then when you can fig out what is wrong then use it..i wander how many people act are not able to play over this..i started playing battle field 3,,i ike that game but like cf as well but if more of this happens I just wont play cf anymore simple as that
  • Z8 makes me sick!!!

its been a week or 2 weeks already, its still "failed to download patch file", i was trying it everyday once i back to home from works, but Z8 let me down one by one. IM serious, ive lost my account like 4 years before, and i provided all my infos, Z8 didnt give a shiit, just told me that i lend my account to someone else, and they are not able to do anything, ive been purchased over 1500 dollars, but got nothing back. Then, i was out of CF, instead of playing LOL. I really like this game, so i backed just 3 months before and bought a few VIP guns in my new account, and then i just cannot download patch file... what the FCK does that mean??? Eating my money??? OMFG, and the next patch is coming, and new VIP DE is ready, but im hesitating that am i going to purchase more for some shiity services??? Well, Z8 always let me down, and thats why so many players quit CF, it doesnot mean this game sucks, it means Z8 has a problem with its attitude!!! If Z8 wants to earn more money, you must give us players a good service, not a fcking shiit REfusing without a SORRY!!! If you guys cannot earn money from CF, why dont you sell the service to some other gaming platforms, instead of bulling us. Do you know how popular the CF in china?? Do you know how many money could all the players provide to the TENCENT??? OMG, plz improve your attitude, or sell the service to someone else, we love this game, and we love to purchase the money for the guns, but we dont like get cheated!!! I believe this game is a game that can earn moneys for Z8, but not in this way, in the POLITE way!! Thank you for let me having a such good memory of CROSSFIRE !!
  • its been months wtf

i have this error few months ago. still now i cant play.
  • Okay... At first I had the error of needing to download the latest version. So, I re-installed Cross Fire...still, the same problem occurred. So, I completely removed CF and tried again, with no avail. Well, not necessarily 'none'. The problem with the "latest version" didn't seem to occur anymore, but while I thought I bypassed the issue, another problem has, once again, stopped me from trying out the 'D.E Obsidian Beast' in which, I pre-ordered...and still, have yet, to try out. This is getting a little aggravating, because I recently seen the new event, in which, you have a chance of receiving 10 Aluminum Bat crates. I fear I won't be able to participate in this event because of these errors... I understand y'all are doing as much as you can to fix these errors which are frequently occurring, and I understand that this comment may not be helping...but this is ridiculous! Every time there is a patch similar to this, it seems like my game just crashes. The last time this happened, I was unable to bring Cross Fire up for months on end. So please, hurry with the solutions
  • "your client is invalid version. Re-install the latest version game client" this is my problem im having
  • I was frustrated with this issue for 10 minutes or so until I realized that my "Games" SSD only had 53MB free. I moved 2GB of stuff to another drive and that fixed my issue.
  • Error Download and open Crossfire

eh uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times eh deleted files are despés run the uninstall CCleaner .

but just follow this error
    cus93qzblz3ztu2zg.jpg

and also in the log folder out these two files

Patch_2015-12-25 17.txt

[8]17:14:46 old patch : C:\Program Files\Z8Games\CrossFire\rez\RF017.REZ, 0
    [8]17:14:46 m_OrgStream.GetMemory() == NULL

Patch_2015-12-25 16
    [8]16:58:18 Error! e = 3 = NOT ENOUGH MEMORY, rez\RF017.REZ, LastError 8
  • weird i dont have xtrap or back up folder....................................................................
  • weird i dont have xtrap or back up folder....................................................................

There's your problem. Run it as admin (right click, run as administrator) and that might sort it out...It needs admin permission to be able to install xtrap etc.
  • I had this Error for like patch after patch and i found a way that worked for me.
    simple and easy and hope it works for you:
    1.Open Patcher and let it verify the Rez files...
    2.When the Verify finishes it will start downloading.
    3.Notice which file is the one you get error at and then the patcher will close.
    4.Open the Patcher again and let the same process go on and when it comes to the file you get error at Just close the patcher as fast as possible.
    if you get the error pop up before you close the patcher then you will have to open it again and try more faster. :)
    hope this works for you guys,it truly worked for me!
  • I had this Error for like patch after patch and i found a way that worked for me.
    simple and easy and hope it works for you:
    1.Open Patcher and let it verify the Rez files...
    2.When the Verify finishes it will start downloading.
    3.Notice which file is the one you get error at and then the patcher will close.
    4.Open the Patcher again and let the same process go on and when it comes to the file you get error at Just close the patcher as fast as possible.
    if you get the error pop up before you close the patcher then you will have to open it again and try more faster. :)
    hope this works for you guys,it truly worked for me!

Waiting for Reply :3
  • This just happened today want to get it fixed play cf 4 years ago I started to think about cf I wanted to play it again but now I have this error try to get it fixed don't want it to ruin my memories of this game please any other solution I can't use rn re-installing it

Thank you for your time reading this