The Guide of Flawed Logic

This is going to be sort of a 'tips' guide but more a thinking style guide. It takes quite a while naturally to come to these thoughts by yourself as a newb. It certainly took me quite a while. This guide aims to give you the correct opinion on 2 myths, the 'SPOP' myth and the 'M12s' myth and also shine a light onto some logical flaws in thinking.

Myths
Common myths which some people may actually believe to be true.

Spop Myth
You've probably thought that the SPOP/Female characters are harder to hit because they are smaller. However then you've probably been shouted down on the forums telling you there is NO DIFFERENCE in the characters. Spops look smaller and they do. They have smaller models, but the hitboxes are the same. Therefore if you hit the thin air next to the SPOP, you will actually damage them. The truth is, this means that there are slight differences.

A) There is a smaller peak time because they 'look' smaller, you have less time to react to the SPOP.
B) SPOP heads can be seen in smoke.
C) Smaller model so they are less easy to spot.
D) Any psychological differences because you find it harder to shoot air.

HOWEVER, there is no difference as to the 'hitboxes' and there is the same area that you can shoot to damage them.

M12s Myth
Many people think that the M12s is overpowered. I'd like to correct this assumption. When comparing guns, many people have bloated self importance and tend to rate guns according to how 'you' and 'you' alone use them. However, in this world, people tend to only care about themselves and therefore don't give a damn about what you think.

The way to get round this problem is to compare guns as if they were used in the best possible way. This means imagining the player is so good that they can replace an aimbot and they are a master at multitasking, much like a computer. Very quickly we can see that in this scenario, 1 hit kill weapons will greatly outgun 2 hit+ kill weapons. We must remember that M12s is a 2 hit kill weapon. We must also remember that in most scenarios, a 1 hit kill weapon e.g. AR/SR will comfortably outgun provided the person using it has enough skill.

Logic
Most people playing in pubs tend to play with no attempt at thinking at all. Pretty much like a mindless flock of sheep. Don't laugh, your more than likely one of those sheep. Read this section and become more like a Cow.

1) Miscalculation of probabilities
I'm sure many people fall for this one. Maybe because they can't do it, maybe just plain ignorance. When using an Assault Rifle/SMG, getting a string of 7+ headshots, is in fact easier than getting a string of 7+ bodyshot kills. However, more people are kicked for getting strings of headshots than they are getting body shots. If someone was doing constant bodyshot streaks and somebody was doing constant headshots, the person doing bodyshot streaks is more likely to be hacking. Think about it. Killing with bodyshots requires more bullets, increasing your chances of having to reload. There is more time for your opponent to fire at you, while your shooting at them, increasing your chances of dying. The more time you take doing nothing, the chances of dying get exponentially higher, stray bullets, being flanked, nades etc.

2) Planting the bomb in GM [Pubs]
Why do so many people plant in the most 'hidden' places possible? Or where they feel it is hardest to reach. I.e. in the light in Lab A site, in the corner in Metro B site, in the water in Hackenkreuz A site. Why be so stupid? If your a ghost, your INVISIBLE. The best places to plant are in open space. Where you can bunnyhop or surprise people from many different angles.

Planting the bomb in your stupid favourite spot:
A) Makes it harder for your team to find the bomb
B) Makes it harder for your team to approach the bomb
C) Makes it easier for GR to defend the defuser

So once AGAIN, plant it in an open spot.

3) Defusing in Pubs [SND and GM]
A related point. When defusing, I also see many people don't tend to think about that either. There are a few things to think about here:

A) Some people like to switch to their knives when there are still opponents around (As if that will help)
B) Some people look down at the bomb
C) Some people defuse in the most 'open' position possible

A is of course obvious, you can defuse without using a knife. B however puzzles me, why do so many people look down? Your spatial awareness isn't good enough to defuse a bomb you just saw a moment ago? Defusing with your head up allows you to see enemies approaching and I do advise you to do it. C is done much better than B, but you should of course try to get as much cover as possible and also predict which side GR is likely to come from.

4) Rule of empty spaces [Pubs (Mainly)]
This should be a main factor when predicting where enemies are likely to be coming from. The rule is, enemies are more likely to be coming from empty spaces in the minimap. Think about it. They are less likely to be near any of your teammates because there are a few things that might happen if they do meet.

A) Your teammate kills opponent
B) Your opponent kills teammate
C) Either of them run away

Though this isn't entirely foolproof, it is very useful. Therefore, look at your minimap often, not just to see where your teammates are, but where they aren't and maybe put more focus into looking towards those directions.

5) Basic start of round placement (HM/MM)
I notice many people back themselves into corners with many other people at the start of the round in the perceived most safest spots, e.g. Research Facility Hut, In the corner of the cage in Excavation, at the back of the tower in Tranquility, in the corner of A site in Port etc. This is one of the worst ways to start because of the different things that can happen.

A) You turn into a mutant and proceed to get shot at by the 2-3 humans standing around you
B) Someone else turns into a mutant and mutates you because you have nowhere to run

The far more logical way is to stand at the edge of the camp spot, so that if someone does turn into a mutant you can shoot towards them/run away if need be. Or if you turn into a mutant you don't get trapped by humans.

6) Asking people for their (Ingame) mouse speeds
Why, do we as a community do it? What is the point in knowing somebodies ingame mousespeed if there are several other factors which may be affecting how fast their mouse moves ingame. If I said I had 0 ingame sens (which is true) that would make no sense to someone who didn't have a mouse with 3000+ dpi. A much better approach would be to ask approximately how long it takes for them to do a 360 degree turn. (I know acceleration does screw this up a bit, but it is by far better than asking for ingame sens.)

7) Multiple targets
This may sound counter-intuitive but if there are multiple targets in your field of view, it is often useful not to get caught up in the closest one. Many people play more relaxed if they can see they outnumber the opponent/behind a teammate facing the opponent. This tends to mean, the closer targets strafe a lot and their team behind them tend to either stay still/move slower. These people also tend to be snipers.

If I ever get caught up in this situation, I go for the still people first, no matter how far away they are. This is because:
A) They are easier to aim at
B) They can aim faster at you because they are not moving
C) The people that are strafing at the same time as you have a harder time aiming at you

Of course this may not always work and I often find ducking back behind cover and killing them off 1 by 1, works just as well.

8) Made up Rules, Mindset, Mental Issues
Many people in the game enjoy making up mental rules that handicap themselves or make them not want to improve. A few examples are:

A) Believing that being killed by a camper is their fault for being noob, when in reality campers are so easy to kill, it's their own fault for not checking
B) Complain about being 'teamed', when the whole point of the team is so you have a team to team with
C) Linked point, complain about 'flanking', they believe that everyone should approach from in front and it's 'gay' to be killed from behind, even though it is an important tactic in online gaming and real warfare
D) Not using/complaining about certain guns. If someone manages to kill you with M12s/SL, there is no reason why they can't kill you with a different gun. Do not assume that because they are using that gun, that it is the gun they are best with. Germans fall for this one in particular, when I snipe in sniping matches, I constantly get called out to '1v1 sniper' after killing them multiple times. Those that know me however, know also that I hate and fail at sniping and the only guns I like using are M4s. It's not that I don't beat them (in fact I haven't lost yet) but it is very dangerous to assume something just because of the gun someone is using.

With few exceptions like illegal activities (hacking, glitching etc). Most of the blame for dying should fall on yourself. If you wish to become a good player then you will have to get used to analysing your own play and not creating up stupid reasons as to what the opponent is doing is unfair.

If you wish to read up more on this, there are interesting articles here: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

Here ends the short guide of logic. Feel free to heckle me with your opinions and teach me why i'm wrong :D.

Comments

• im sure you can help some ppl with that, and i think 7) might help me too cuz i always shoot the closest opponent i guess.
  • Well, I was expecting a listing of logical fallacies, such as ad hominem or it's sub-category poisoning the well . . .

I like this, but don't think it will do much good in the grand scheme of things. People will still fall prey to the magical thinking of confirmation bias. While they are thinking their tactics are 100% effective, and being shown that they actually are not, the dissonance in their mind causes them to either modify their own thinking or proclaim that someone must be cheating. Most people will refuse to modify their own behavior if there is an easier solution available, such as being rid of the source of the dissonance. I can't even begin to think of the times I've killed the same player going to the same spot, and getting called a hack for it. It's as if the very thought that they might want to change their routine escapes them.
  • forumler wrote: »
    im sure you can help some ppl with that, and i think 7) might help me too cuz i always shoot the closest opponent i guess.

Glad you like it :)
    KDuane wrote: »
    Well, I was expecting a listing of logical fallacies, such as ad hominem or it's sub-category poisoning the well . . .

I like this, but don't think it will do much good in the grand scheme of things. People will still fall prey to the magical thinking of confirmation bias. While they are thinking their tactics are 100% effective, and being shown that they actually are not, the dissonance in their mind causes them to either modify their own thinking or proclaim that someone must be cheating. Most people will refuse to modify their own behavior if there is an easier solution available, such as being rid of the source of the dissonance. I can't even begin to think of the times I've killed the same player going to the same spot, and getting called a hack for it. It's as if the very thought that they might want to change their routine escapes them.

I agree, but i'm the kind of person who literally absorbs information and it still took playing for quite a long time to fully understand how I did what I did, hopefully this may change the behaviour of those who are looking to change.
  • Overall pretty nice; cool to see someone else reads Sirlin's stuff :D

I kind of agree with you about the M12 but for slightly different reasons. To me it seems the M12 has a definite time and place to be used most effectively (as do many other weapons). It's all situational, not so much to do with which is more effective in a "player is a perfect aimbot" situation

Imagine, for example, I'm trying to spawnlock a random flock of players in a TDM (hard enough as-is because of the stupid spawn protection). The AWM, statistically speaking, does a hell of a lot more damage than the M12, but which weapon is going to be the best choice in this situation? 9 times of of 10, the M12. The movement speed and fire delay penalties of the AWM are just too much. Sure, you can probably pull off a decent kill streak with the AWM if the situation is right, but at close range it's easy enough to headshot people with the M12.

Of course, to use the AWM vs M12 thing again, if you're trying to pick people off from across Monaco, the AWM is most likely the better choice (although it depends what you plan to do after that kill. it's quite funny to watch people's reactions to being shot in the face from across the map with an M12)

I don't know any specific damage values (besides the laughable little blue bars the item shop shows), but I'd wager that the M12's higher fire rate makes it statistically superior to most assault rifles in close combat, although the spread is pretty infuriating compared to the K-2 or M4 or something

I can also identify with what you say about sniping. I play very often with my friend as a teammate, and he's always in the back of the map cleaning up after everyone with an XM8 or similar, and I'm always at the front with a K-2 trying to stop the onslaught at the source. When we play Monaco or Fort though, the roles completely reverse, and I'm the one in the back of the map with a sniper giving people a hard time :). I don't even like sniping either, I feel vulnerable as hell, but for whatever reason it works for me in those maps.

KDuane wrote:
    I can't even begin to think of the times I've killed the same player going to the same spot, and getting called a hack for it. It's as if the very thought that they might want to change their routine escapes them.
    I run into these a lot. I also seem to run into a lot of people that are actually pretty hard to kill because their movements and actions lack any reason. It's like someone sat a monkey in front of the keyboard and said "have at it". I'm sitting there trying to position myself for where they're going to come from, but for whatever reason they decide to go to some other place that will gain them nothing (except for an easy death, once I manage to find them)

Also, these. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q80mwdxUpeA
  • About the M12 one.
    True that someone that is so skilled that they might as well be a aimbot would do better with a 1 hit headshot weapon, but only about 0.1% of players would ever reach that skill level.

M12 requires far less skill and practice to top frag with then most weapons due to having next to no recoil. You simple aim and shoot, nearly all the bullets will go to where your aiming at. Combined with the fast fire rate and moderate damage its a killer combo. Other weapons have recoil and spray patterns that force one to practice and adjust to, M12 does not and thus only requires one to have basic aiming skill to do well with.

Advantages of the M12:
    Very Low recoil.
    High accuracy.
    Tight clustered spray pattern.
    Fast firing rate.
    Light weight.
    Fast reload.
    No damage drop off for long range.
    High damage compared to the rest of the SMGs.

Edit: answering the question about why people look down when they defuse.
    There are other FPS MMO's out there that force one to look at the bomb to defuse, most of the players from those games that moved here are still used to doing that instead.
  • This is all basic stuff, so I'm guessing that your goal is to make everyone a better player? Or get everyone to try hard in pubs?

I wonder when s7's going to come in and start trolling xD

Overall, thank you for spending your time writing this long guide. Unfortunately, this will only help the amateurs without common sense. Good guide anyway.
  • VATAV wrote: »
    Advantages of the M12:
    Very Low recoil.
    High accuracy.
    Fast firing rate.
    Light weight.
    Fast reload.
    No damage drop off for long range.

The lack of the first bullet being almost 100% accurate (as it is with most of the assault rifles) absolutely kills it for me. Otherwise, I'd use it every single match :p
    About the M12 one.
    True that someone that is so skilled that they might as well be a aimbot would do better with a 1 hit headshot weapon, but only about 0.1% of players would ever reach that skill level. True, but don't you feel sorry for that 0.1% who have to deal with all the noobs who cry when they are using M12s to help the other team?

M12 requires far less skill and practice to top frag with then most weapons due to having next to no recoil. You simple aim and shoot, nearly all the bullets will go to where your aiming at. Yes, but at short range only. At long range the 2 hit kill to the head is a serious drawback. Combined with the fast fire rate and moderate damage its a killer combo. Other weapons have recoil and spray patterns that force one to practice and adjust to, M12 does not and thus only requires one to have basic aiming skill to do well with.

Advantages of the M12:
    Very Low recoil. So does M4
    High accuracy. So does M4
    Fast firing rate. But low dps?
    Light weight. M4 is light
    Fast reload.
    No damage drop off for long range. It does for hs.

I still believe my point stands, but nevertheless, do you agree that we shouldn't judge guns based on our own skill level?

Edit: answering the question about why people look down when they defuse.
    There are other FPS MMO's out there that force one to look at the bomb to defuse, most of the players from those games that moved here are still used to doing that instead. Not too hard to change then :D
    NotHez wrote: »
    This is all basic stuff, so I'm guessing that your goal is to make everyone a better player? Or get everyone to try hard in pubs?

I wonder when s7's going to come in and start trolling xD

Overall, thank you for spending your time writing this long guide. Unfortunately, this will only help the amateurs without common sense. Good guide anyway.
    Yeah, it's mainly for the general population, who I still see fail at this kind of stuff daily. Oh and Point 8 is arguably the most widespread.
  • Henryblah wrote: »
    Yeah, it's mainly for the general population, who I still see fail at this kind of stuff daily. Oh and Point 8 is arguably the most widespread.

It takes 3-5 rounds for M4s recoil to kick in, it takes 15 for M12 to even notice the recoil.
    Even tho its only a 2 hit headshot at long range, the very little spread and fast fire rate allows one to fire 2-3 shots very accurately at a long range target, only 1 of the 3 has to hit the head the rest could hit the chest and still get a kill.

The only drawback of the M12 is the lack of a 1 hit head shot.

M4 Is not light weight, M12 is quite a bit lighter. M4 has average weight.

It only has low DPS based off of gods way of basing it. It adds all the damage values of the hit boxes besides head, divides them by the number of hit boxes besides head, and then times it by the fire rate.

To get Max DPS, Times chest shot damage by Fire rate.
    M12s Max DPS is 350. 28*12.5=350
    M4s Max DPS is 360. 36*10=360
    Only a difference of 10.

Gods gets the average fire by adding leg, hands, and chest shot damage, divides by 3, and then times it by RPS. Guns that do low damage to hands or feet get very low average DPS from that formula.

M12 is easy to learn, Easy to use, and highly effective compared to all the other weapons.
  • You can defuse without looking at the bomb? o_O
  • GoPancakes wrote: »
    You can defuse without looking at the bomb? o_O

--' facepalm
  • I completely agree with point 8.

Especially the part regarding you and your M4s ;)
  • GoPancakes wrote: »
    You can defuse without looking at the bomb? o_O

You sir, must not play GM. Or S&D for that matter.
    This is going to be sort of a 'tips' guide but more a thinking style guide. It takes quite a while naturally to come to these thoughts by yourself as a newb. It certainly took me quite a while. This guide aims to give you the correct opinion on 2 myths, the 'SPOP' myth and the 'M12s' myth and also shine a light onto some logical flaws in thinking.

Myths
    Common myths which some people may actually believe to be true.

Spop Myth
    You've probably thought that the SPOP/Female characters are harder to hit because they are smaller. However then you've probably been shouted down on the forums telling you there is NO DIFFERENCE in the characters. Spops look smaller and they do. They have smaller models, but the hitboxes are the same. Therefore if you hit the thin air next to the SPOP, you will actually damage them. The truth is, this means that there are slight differences.

A) There is a smaller peak time because they 'look' smaller, you have less time to react to the SPOP.
    B) SPOP heads can be seen in smoke.
    C) Smaller model so they are less easy to spot.
    D) Any psychological differences because you find it harder to shoot air.

HOWEVER, there is no difference as to the 'hitboxes' and there is the same area that you can shoot to damage them.

M12s Myth
    Many people think that the M12s is overpowered. I'd like to correct this assumption. When comparing guns, many people have bloated self importance and tend to rate guns according to how 'you' and 'you' alone use them. However, in this world, people tend to only care about themselves and therefore don't give a damn about what you think.

The way to get round this problem is to compare guns as if they were used in the best possible way. This means imagining the player is so good that they can replace an aimbot and they are a master at multitasking, much like a computer. Very quickly we can see that in this scenario, 1 hit kill weapons will greatly outgun 2 hit+ kill weapons. We must remember that M12s is a 2 hit kill weapon. We must also remember that in most scenarios, a 1 hit kill weapon e.g. AR/SR will comfortably outgun provided the person using it has enough skill.

Logic
    Most people playing in pubs tend to play with no attempt at thinking at all. Pretty much like a mindless flock of sheep. Don't laugh, your more than likely one of those sheep. Read this section and become more like a Cow.

1) Miscalculation of probabilities
    I'm sure many people fall for this one. Maybe because they can't do it, maybe just plain ignorance. When using an Assault Rifle/SMG, getting a string of 7+ headshots, is in fact easier than getting a string of 7+ bodyshot kills. However, more people are kicked for getting strings of headshots than they are getting body shots. If someone was doing constant bodyshot streaks and somebody was doing constant headshots, the person doing bodyshot streaks is more likely to be hacking. Think about it. Killing with bodyshots requires more bullets, increasing your chances of having to reload. There is more time for your opponent to fire at you, while your shooting at them, increasing your chances of dying. The more time you take doing nothing, the chances of dying get exponentially higher, stray bullets, being flanked, nades etc.

2) Planting the bomb in GM [Pubs]
    Why do so many people plant in the most 'hidden' places possible? Or where they feel it is hardest to reach. I.e. in the light in Lab A site, in the corner in Metro B site, in the water in Hackenkreuz A site. Why be so stupid? If your a ghost, your INVISIBLE. The best places to plant are in open space. Where you can bunnyhop or surprise people from many different angles.

Planting the bomb in your stupid favourite spot:
    A) Makes it harder for your team to find the bomb
    B) Makes it harder for your team to approach the bomb
    C) Makes it easier for GR to defend the defuser

So once AGAIN, plant it in an open spot.

3) Defusing in Pubs [SND and GM]
    A related point. When defusing, I also see many people don't tend to think about that either. There are a few things to think about here:

A) Some people like to switch to their knives when there are still opponents around (As if that will help)
    B) Some people look down at the bomb
    C) Some people defuse in the most 'open' position possible

A is of course obvious, you can defuse without using a knife. B however puzzles me, why do so many people look down? Your spatial awareness isn't good enough to defuse a bomb you just saw a moment ago? Defusing with your head up allows you to see enemies approaching and I do advise you to do it. C is done much better than B, but you should of course try to get as much cover as possible and also predict which side GR is likely to come from.

4) Rule of empty spaces [Pubs (Mainly)]
    This should be a main factor when predicting where enemies are likely to be coming from. The rule is, enemies are more likely to be coming from empty spaces in the minimap. Think about it. They are less likely to be near any of your teammates because there are a few things that might happen if they do meet.

A) Your teammate kills opponent
    B) Your opponent kills teammate
    C) Either of them run away

Though this isn't entirely foolproof, it is very useful. Therefore, look at your minimap often, not just to see where your teammates are, but where they aren't and maybe put more focus into looking towards those directions.

5) Basic start of round placement (HM/MM)
    I notice many people back themselves into corners with many other people at the start of the round in the perceived most safest spots, e.g. Research Facility Hut, In the corner of the cage in Excavation, at the back of the tower in Tranquility, in the corner of A site in Port etc. This is one of the worst ways to start because of the different things that can happen.

A) You turn into a mutant and proceed to get shot at by the 2-3 humans standing around you
    B) Someone else turns into a mutant and mutates you because you have nowhere to run

The far more logical way is to stand at the edge of the camp spot, so that if someone does turn into a mutant you can shoot towards them/run away if need be. Or if you turn into a mutant you don't get trapped by humans.

6) Asking people for their (Ingame) mouse speeds
    Why, do we as a community do it? What is the point in knowing somebodies ingame mousespeed if there are several other factors which may be affecting how fast their mouse moves ingame. If I said I had 0 ingame sens (which is true) that would make no sense to someone who didn't have a mouse with 3000+ dpi. A much better approach would be to ask approximately how long it takes for them to do a 360 degree turn. (I know acceleration does screw this up a bit, but it is by far better than asking for ingame sens.)

7) Multiple targets
    This may sound counter-intuitive but if there are multiple targets in your field of view, it is often useful not to get caught up in the closest one. Many people play more relaxed if they can see they outnumber the opponent/behind a teammate facing the opponent. This tends to mean, the closer targets strafe a lot and their team behind them tend to either stay still/move slower. These people also tend to be snipers.

If I ever get caught up in this situation, I go for the still people first, no matter how far away they are. This is because:
    A) They are easier to aim at
    B) They can aim faster at you because they are not moving
    C) The people that are strafing at the same time as you have a harder time aiming at you

Of course this may not always work and I often find ducking back behind cover and killing them off 1 by 1, works just as well.

8) Made up Rules, Mindset, Mental Issues
    Many people in the game enjoy making up mental rules that handicap themselves or make them not want to improve. A few examples are:

A) Believing that being killed by a camper is their fault for being noob, when in reality campers are so easy to kill, it's their own fault for not checking
    B) Complain about being 'teamed', when the whole point of the team is so you have a team to team with
    C) Linked point, complain about 'flanking', they believe that everyone should approach from in front and it's 'gay' to be killed from behind, even though it is an important tactic in online gaming and real warfare
    D) Not using/complaining about certain guns. If someone manages to kill you with M12s/SL, there is no reason why they can't kill you with a different gun. Do not assume that because they are using that gun, that it is the gun they are best with. Germans fall for this one in particular, when I snipe in sniping matches, I constantly get called out to '1v1 sniper' after killing them multiple times. Those that know me however, know also that I hate and fail at sniping and the only guns I like using are M4s. It's not that I don't beat them (in fact I haven't lost yet) but it is very dangerous to assume something just because of the gun someone is using.

With few exceptions like illegal activities (hacking, glitching etc). Most of the blame for dying should fall on yourself. If you wish to become a good player then you will have to get used to analysing your own play and not creating up stupid reasons as to what the opponent is doing is unfair.

If you wish to read up more on this, there are interesting articles here: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

Here ends the short guide of logic. Feel free to heckle me with your opinions and teach me why i'm wrong :D.

The spop logic is absolutely wrong in all the ways possible
    a) I don't know where you got the information that they are the same.
    b)They can hide places in wich normal chars don't
    c)Peaker's advantage
    d)Oh and btw if they ARE THE SAME , wich has been proved multiple times they aren't good players won't shoot at empty air will they?
  • Kuoras wrote: »
    c)Peaker's advantage
    d)Oh and btw if they ARE THE SAME , wich has been proved multiple times they aren't good players won't shoot at empty air will they?

You have a point there. But why quote the whole thing? T_T
  • NotHez wrote: »
    You have a point there. But why quote the whole thing? T_T

who cares :SSSSS
    c)Peaker's advantage

Let me tell you why your absolutely wrong. Read the f*cking guide.

A) I don't know what you are referring to as the same here. Noone said they were the same. I even listed the differences in a list of A, B, C, D for you.
    B)QUOTE: C) Smaller model so they are less easy to spot.
    C)
    QUOTE: A) There is a smaller peak time because they 'look' smaller, you have less time to react to the SPOP.
    D) Let me repeat. Read the f****** guide

All I was telling you was that many people mistakenly believe on the forums that there is no difference.

Let me tell you why your absolutely wrong. Read the f*cking guide.

A) I don't know what you are referring to as the same here. Noone said they were the same. I even listed the differences in a list of A, B, C, D for you.
    B)QUOTE: C) Smaller model so they are less easy to spot.
    C)
    QUOTE: A) There is a smaller peak time because they 'look' smaller, you have less time to react to the SPOP.
    D) Let me repeat. Read the f****** guide

All I was telling you was that many people mistakenly believe on the forums that there is no difference.

I READ THE ****ING GUIDE u dumb pubhero , all I'm saying is THAT THE GUIDE IS WRONG
    SPOP HAS NOT THE SAME HITBOX
    and it has all the difference wich i pointed out ***ing pubstar
    I READ THE ****ING GUIDE u dumb pubhero , all I'm saying is THAT THE GUIDE IS WRONG
    SPOP HAS NOT THE SAME HITBOX

The SPOP has the exact same hitbox, just a different physical appearance. People may not shoot empty air on purpose, but 9/10 times a bullet will hit there anyways.
  • [MOD]Hi wrote: »
    The SPOP has the exact same hitbox, just a different physical appearance. People may not shoot empty air on purpose, but 9/10 times a bullet will hit there anyways.

they can hide places normal chars can't
    they have peaker's advantage
    smaller head
    they can take some positions in corners normal chars can't aswell

not to mention it is league banned

• Body Shots Part - Thompson / MGS Can Do That (Bodykill Streaks)
    And As For The M12s , Its Extremely Easy To Spray With It And Get A Kill , It Beast The M4 At Close Range Easily , If They Rush You With m12s And Ping Then They Are Noobs {I'm Still Against It And Kick People Who Use IT}
    As For The Scrub Light...(I Own It) Plain Overpowered
    I Agree With The Rest , The Looking Down At Bomb Thing Is A Mystery
    The Spop Is Somewhat Okay , But For Navy Seal For Example You Can Shoot The Arm And Injure Them Because The Physical Appearance And Hitbox Are The Same , As For The Spop , The Hitbox Is There , Not The Arm , And A Sane Player Wont Shoot At Thin Air
  • NotHez wrote: »
    You sir, must not play GM. Or S&D for that matter.

I rarely ever do :S
  • kuoras wrote: »
    i read the ****ing guide u dumb pubhero , all i'm saying is that the guide is wrong
    spop has not the same hitbox

your wrong. Same hitbox.
    The guide is correct.
    In addition, i pointed out all the differences you pointed out already. Please learn english-person who thinks he is correct but wrong.
    kuoras wrote: »
    they can hide places normal chars can't
    they have peaker's advantage
    smaller head
    they can take some positions in corners normal chars can't aswell

your wrong. Same hitbox.
    The guide is correct.
    In addition, i pointed out all the differences you pointed out already. Please learn english-person who thinks he is correct but wrong.

prove me they have the same hitbox , the cf hitboxes don't even work
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJCCvfbEBA8&list=UUXU4YDw7Njey9xU9IU8MqFA&index=1&feature=plcp

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AIi_3ux4oc

as you can see first of all the games hitboxes don't even work and lag on the air , now give me CONCRETE proof that spop hitboxes are the same
  • Kuoras, calm down and stop acting like a little bitch.
    prove me they have the same hitbox , the cf hitboxes don't even work
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJCCvfbEBA8&list=UUXU4YDw7Njey9xU9IU8MqFA&index=1&feature=plcp

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AIi_3ux4oc

as you can see first of all the games hitboxes don't even work and lag on the air , now give me CONCRETE proof that spop hitboxes are the same

Finally, you get to the bottom of what you want to say, instead of repeating my guide. Thank You. Those 2 videos seem to be showing how the hitboxes fail, but there is no indication of the failures being different for the men and women characters.

I have checked the hitboxes myself and found them to be the same. I also believe there has been confirmation by GMs that the hitboxes are the same, but I cannot find the posts, therefore I assumed that it was true until there is concrete proof otherwise, to that note, I have not seen any real proof that SPOP and SAS/SWAT have different hitboxes.

If you would like to provide any other proof that they are different, then please do.
    Finally, you get to the bottom of what you want to say, instead of repeating my guide. Thank You. Those 2 videos seem to be showing how the hitboxes fail, but there is no indication of the failures being different for the men and women characters.

I have checked the hitboxes myself and found them to be the same. I also believe there has been confirmation by GMs that the hitboxes are the same, but I cannot find the posts, therefore I assumed that it was true until there is concrete proof otherwise, to that note, I have not seen any real proof that SPOP and SAS/SWAT have different hitboxes.

If you would like to provide any other proof that they are different, then please do.

Because I'm a nice guy I went and found a post by a GM saying all the Hitboxes for characters are the same.
    Just to clarify, all non-mutant characters have the exact same hit boxes, speed, etc. They just look different and could have different clothing etc that could make them look bigger, smaller, etc.

That is not to say there is not any difference in how your opponents may react to the character or the look which could give you an advantage in some ways. ;)

Also to answer why SPOP and other ZP characters are not allowed in WOGL.
    WOGL only allows GP items, ZP items are not allowed at all. The reason being is that WOGL didn't want it to be based off of who spends more money on the game for better equipment but rather on pure skill alone. So everyone is restricted to GP items which are available to everyone, not just those who spend lots of money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhBsZOfKXDk
    Because I'm a nice guy I went and found a post by a GM saying all the Hitboxes for characters are the same.

Also to answer why SPOP and other ZP characters are not allowed in WOGL.
    WOGL only allows GP items, ZP items are not allowed at all. The reason being is that WOGL didn't want it to be based off of who spends more money on the game for better equipment but rather on pure skill alone. So everyone is restricted to GP items which are available to everyone, not just those who spend lots of money.

It's not only becouse of that moron , the hitboxes are different we could scrim with gsg9 with nbd and I remember on ESL you could still play with the ***** after spop was banned, ofc the mods will say to you they're the same so you can have the argument "mods say they are the same" they're trying to sell a product duh
  • NotCookz wrote: »
    Kuoras, calm down and stop acting like a little bitch.
    go play egypt pubs