Incompetence or just stupidity?

124»

Comments

• lol
    TASTELIMES wrote: »
    Nice post, you're right on the ball. This is the summary of what actually goes on. I've always talked about how inconsistent the moderators are, which gives me the idea that they don't even follow set rules. I've always emphasised about the fact that moderators, such as dot, often before closing the thread throw in some unnecessary insult.

Yeah ive seen that he always likes to hurt you.......
  • are you trying to get someone banned for hurting your feelings?
  • Ill admit I didnt waste my time reading all the posts just because Im sure 90% are irrelevant to the OP. So heres what happened. This all started in a thread that was for esl announcement. I allowed the two people that originally got into it, to have at it. Then I and my staff asked for it to stop. Not that anyone expected it to stop, but just take it elsewhere. That didnt happen. Then it got personal....which is fine with me...kids gettin bad on the internet. Where it got out of line was the image posting with foul language. So that post was removed and the one that lead to it. That simple. Then said persons lil buddy comes on stirring it more.
    It is nice to know that alot of you are passionate about the leagues/rules, but its sad to know the level of self embarrassment I see on here every day.
    My two cents.
  • To be honest, everyone single community member has their opinion and under circumstances should it not be ignored. But, people are pointing out that the moderators in this community arn't doing their, so called 'duty' when they are. Which isn't much of the point, but this all mainly started with conflicts with one another and I don't see why threads need to be made over, and over again to display a fact that was chosen to be ignored by moderation. In other words, 'some people just won't let go', and that's what allows the continous threads, rants and so on and so forth.

Denxi has a point, but theirs limits to it. But, there is some con's about it.
  • TASTELIMES wrote: »
    Nice post, you're right on the ball. This is the summary of what actually goes on. I've always talked about how inconsistent the moderators are, which gives me the idea that they don't even follow set rules. I've always emphasised about the fact that moderators, such as dot, often before closing the thread throw in some unnecessary insult.
    Ah, this is far too true.
    One easily gets bitter and short in the responses when the same question is raised fifteen times a week.
  • luxuryyy wrote: »
    Personal insults display insecurity.

WHERE DAH **** YOU BEEN?

Seriously.
  • TorisBabe wrote: »
    Let me teacher you some tips.
    If you're going to troll, you should at least do the following:

1.) Use spell check on www.google.com
    2.) Be known around a little bit.
    3.) Start with something basic, make it go big.
    4.) Don't use the same "troll" every time.
    5.) Know the person well enough you're trolling, so you don't look like a total idiot in front of the whole community.

I hope these tips work.

i dont think this is the way to present this :/
  • Ok, so here is the deal.
    The thread I posted was of SIMILAR topic, hence there is a '#2' right after 'Incompetence or just stupidity?'. That thread was in no way redundant, there is just no better way I can name my thread. I was just stating something that you should have done but did not. I do like the fact that I am actually getting infractions for breaking rules, not angry at all but I feel that from now on moderators should be more strict. Thread was made to so I can get the moderator's attention to enforce the forum rules more strictly but was deleted before most moderator have taken a look at it. Do not just give infractions when you feel like it, give everyone an equal amount of punishment from now on.
  • Ok, so here is the deal.
    The thread I posted was of SIMILAR topic, hence there is a '#2' right after 'Incompetence or just stupidity?'. That thread was in no way redundant, there is just no better way I can name my thread. I was just stating something that you should have done but did not. I do like the fact that I am actually getting infractions for breaking rules, not angry at all but I feel that from now on moderators should be more strict. Thread was made to so I can get the moderator's attention to enforce the forum rules more strictly but was deleted before most moderator have taken a look at it. Do not just give infractions when you feel like it, give everyone an equal amount of punishment from now on.

Point taken and already on it.
  • Point taken and already on it.

Whats good about the mods is that they can take criticism and at least they are trying their best.
  • MiniWheats wrote: »
    Whats good about the mods is that they can take criticism and at least they are trying their best.

I can speak for myself --- I will admit when doing something wrong. I was not consistent in infracting some previous threads that taeyonn had mentioned and should have been. Then, I infracted him for a multiple offense with threads directed towards one person, instead of using PM's. So, yes I did make a mistake. I understand everyone's points and will make adjustments to be more consistent with enforcement. Unfortunately, that will mean a more strict policy but it seems that's what people want. If I'm doing something wrong, please feel free to say something. I do my best and that's all I can do.
    Drop the act, you're not becoming a moderator any time soon.

Who is he? Never heard of him.
    Drop the act, you're not becoming a moderator any time soon.

I do not want to become one tasty.
  • Unfortunately, that will mean a more strict policy but it seems that's what people want.

perhaps this will make me take this board more seriously.
  • I can speak for myself --- I will admit when doing something wrong. I was not consistent in infracting some previous threads that taeyonn had mentioned and should have been. Then, I infracted him for a multiple offense with threads directed towards one person, instead of using PM's. So, yes I did make a mistake. I understand everyone's points and will make adjustments to be more consistent with enforcement. Unfortunately, that will mean a more strict policy but it seems that's what people want. If I'm doing something wrong, please feel free to say something. I do my best and that's all I can do.

I think maybe some time should elapse before a thread is deemed 'against the rules' and is closed. Example, Tae thread that said @Phenatik or w/e, was perfectly fine because were friends and it was a joke. Maybe it should have been posted in the right section but that beyond the point. It was a fun joke between friends, and although it did not appear that way, maybe you should of waited before closing it and infracting him. I know you cannot keep up with whos friends with who, but maybe some time should be given to see where the thread is heading.
  • I think maybe some time should elapse before a thread is deemed 'against the rules' and is closed. Example, Tae thread that said @Phenatik or w/e, was perfectly fine because were friends and it was a joke. Maybe it should have been posted in the right section but that beyond the point. It was a fun joke between friends, and although it did not appear that way, maybe you should of waited before closing it and infracting him. I know you cannot keep up with whos friends with who, but maybe some time should be given to see where the thread is heading.

It's whateves, I broke the rule with my own consent. With everyone else being able to do it, me being the only one receiving an infraction appalled me.