Incompetence or just stupidity?

Comments

• Denxi wrote: »
    I'm obtaining his consistencey through the way he treated people. Everyone was a forumer. Through that I can assume that he was consistent in general.

Fair point.

But do you think that each Moderator will not go near anyone they know or like because of favouritism?
    Do you think thats what I do?
  • TASTELIMES wrote: »
    Why can't we have a debate section on these forums?

Unfortunatly most debates turn into trolling or flaming :(
  • TorisBabe wrote: »
    Let me teacher you some tips.
    If you're going to troll, you should at least do the following:

1.) Use spell check on www.google.com
    2.) Be known around a little bit.
    3.) Start with something basic, make it go big.
    4.) Don't use the same "troll" every time.
    5.) Know the person well enough you're trolling, so you don't look like a total idiot in front of the whole community.

I hope these tips work.

who cares garbage
    I've been degrading people on these forums every time I've logged on since closed beta. Nothing has changed except the size of my e-peen (and real peen, it's now 9.5')

Trust me, it works on you.

I am fully aware youre trolling me you know. Im just a sucker for an argument
  • Unfortunatly most debates turn into trolling or flaming :(

indeed dude :/ always the same sh.it
  • who cares garbage

If I could understand exactly and clearly what you are saying. I would respond back to you, in clear form.
  • Fair point.

But do you think that each Moderator will not go near anyone they know or like because of favouritism?
    Do you think thats what I do?

Irrelevant to my post. I don't mean Greycloak's lack of bias when moderating, I mean his lack of bias in how he treated people (when he was moderating).

Normally when I dealt with Greycloak or saw other people deal with him, he treated them all pretty much equally. Ofc I could just be lacking information, in which case my main point is still relevant, I just don't have any real examples for this community.
  • My take on this is that I do Moderators shouldn't care if people hate them because they did something relating to the rules(THEIR JOB). People hate bill collectors but its their job so they deal with it. Now with that said, it must be depressing to be a bill collector -.- I believe you bring out good points to the MODS but we need to make it easier for them. We can criticize how "Bad" the mods are but in all reality, I believe it comes down to us to improve the community and make their jobs easier. We can't expect "Change" or in an improvement in our community or from our Moderators if we don't provide some motivation for them. Yeah it's their job and people make mistakes but so do we. From what I've read on the thread, not just denxi's post, it makes sense and was a nice read.

On insulting, I believe it's just stupid to downgrade somebody over a Gaming Forum. Even though most of you just say "Its Just a Game" and it is, people don't come here to get more problems from others. I do believe that if you insult somebody no matter what, it should be handled according to the rules, not to the "discretion of the MODS". Rules are rules. Whether your saying "You Have Bad Hair" or saying "Your Bad Cuz You Have Cancer" still means your insulting regardless.
    Irrelevant to my post. I don't mean Greycloak's lack of bias when moderating, I mean his lack of bias in how he treated people (when he was moderating).

Normally when I dealt with Greycloak or saw other people deal with him, he treated them all pretty much equally. Ofc I could just be lacking information, in which case my main point is still relevant, I just don't have any real examples for this community.

Ahh I see what you mean. Then I do admit im a culprit, for the most part, of what you meant.
  • ESLMasta wrote: »
    My take on this is that I do Moderators shouldn't care if people hate them because they did something relating to the rules(THEIR JOB). People hate bill collectors but its their job so they deal with it. Now with that said, it must be depressing to be a bill collector -.- I believe you bring out good points to the MODS but we need to make it easier for them. We can criticize how "Bad" the mods are but in all reality, I believe it comes down to us to improve the community and make their jobs easier. We can't expect "Change" or in an improvement in our community or from our Moderators if we don't provide some motivation for them. Yeah it's their job and people make mistakes but so do we. From what I've read on the thread, not just denxi's post, it makes sense and was a nice read.

^Agreed David.
    I don't see why we can't have one here. Instead of having all of the main competitive forums on this board being spammed by people who can't keep from complaining about a free game, let's have a dedicated forum for that troll/spam/junk.

Have a dedicated forum to rule breaking?
  • something like off-topic section but its about the competitive side and it doesn't gain your post count
    Yes why not? Not a forum, but a section. Not just rule breaking, but debate threads that are a little more flexible, Ex. Not being closed after the 2nd post. It would benefit everyone.

No. Thats backwards logic. You cant have a section dedicated to breaking the rules or discussions.

I would love a discussion section.. but as I stated before, it always degrades to trolling and insulting.

Trolling noted btw... just a heads up for any other people wanting to sugest this.
  • No. Thats backwards logic. You cant have a section dedicated to breaking the rules or discussions.

I would love a discussion section.. but as I stated before, it always degrades to trolling and insulting.

So then moderate it.
    No post count? Are you kidding me? That's 2nd most important thing next to how famous you are.

defiantly some hardcore e-fame on post count..

like really?

its useless, why do they have a post count?

they should just have names like:

I spend my life on forums

Forums rules

1337 4mer

and for l0lsmilyface : I am a huge nerd who post on random threads
  • No. Thats backwards logic. You cant have a section dedicated to breaking the rules or discussions.

Have a stricter policy in that section then, any form of trolling and insulting leads to infractions given out straight away, bans, etc.

Trolling noted btw... just a heads up for any other people wanting to sugest this.

who gives a crap, just make a section, called no rules, with no post count

and a warning: you will be trolled
    So then moderate it.

It doesnt work like that. There is no point making a section that will inevitably get trolled and have us around here more often because people cant keep their mouths shut and their actions civil.

This is borderline closed. Its only staying open people people here are now being civil. Ive spent the best part of an hour watching this thread. I dont want to do this all the time. If you want. Go to SUaF forums for debates and discussions were rules are more lenient for such a thing.. but not on a gaming forum.
  • defiantly some e-fame on post count..

Why do you think i'm so famous so :O

Besides KEEPING IT REAL
    No post count? Are you kidding me? That's 2nd most important thing next to how famous you are.

you tell him
    if post count resembled how good you were in this game, MYAWM would be a top player.

the finest
    +1 frag
  • It doesnt work like that. There is no point making a section that will inevitably get trolled and have us around here more often because people cant keep their mouths shut and their actions civil.

This is borderline closed. Its only staying open people people here are now being civil. Ive spent the best part of an hour watching this thread. I dont want to do this all the time. If you want. Go to SUaF forums for debates and discussions were rules are more lenient for such a thing.. but not on a gaming forum.

By your logic there is no point in making any sort of forum.
    My take on this is that I do Moderators shouldn't care if people hate them because they did something relating to the rules(THEIR JOB). People hate bill collectors but its their job so they deal with it. Now with that said, it must be depressing to be a bill collector -.- I believe you bring out good points to the MODS but we need to make it easier for them. We can criticize how "Bad" the mods are but in all reality, I believe it comes down to us to improve the community and make their jobs easier. We can't expect "Change" or in an improvement in our community or from our Moderators if we don't provide some motivation for them. Yeah it's their job and people make mistakes but so do we. From what I've read on the thread, not just denxi's post, it makes sense and was a nice read.

On insulting, I believe it's just stupid to downgrade somebody over a Gaming Forum. Even though most of you just say "Its Just a Game" and it is, people don't come here to get more problems from others. I do believe that if you insult somebody no matter what, it should be handled according to the rules, not to the "discretion of the MODS". Rules are rules. Whether your saying "You Have Bad Hair" or saying "Your Bad Cuz You Have Cancer" still means your insulting regardless.
    MiniWheats wrote: »
    ^Agreed David.
    Thank you :D
    By your logic there is no point in making any sort of forum.

If you say so....
  • I do admit that I don't pay as much attention to the competitive forums as much as I should, mostly because in reality I have little competitive experience.

However, as competitive play yes, I expect some trash talking, even in sports it happens, but at the end of the day most don't care about their personal life nor dive into it, and they most certainly don't bring it back to the game. Guess I was expecting the competitive section to be more mature and professional even with ego.

I moderate it usually when brought to my attention or casual browsing, but perhaps I should do so more. Would have thought it would have required the least supervision.

My apologies for favouring the other sections a bit more, was wrong of me.
  • I do admit that I don't pay as much attention to the competitive forums as much as I should, mostly because in reality I have little competitive experience.

However, as competitive play yes, I expect some trash talking, even in sports it happens, but at the end of the day most don't care about their personal life nor dive into it, and they most certainly don't bring it back to the game. Guess I was expecting the competitive section to be more mature and professional even with ego.

I moderate it usually when brought to my attention or casual browsing, but perhaps I should do so more. Would have thought it would have required the least supervision.

My apologies for favouring the other sections a bit more, was wrong of me.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    No no, keep to your off topic. The less mods in the competitive section, the merrier.
    Ah I love your post. Is there a way to subscribe like on Facebook? Every time Tastylimes makes a post my phone will go off :D lol
    Ah I love your post. Is there a way to subscribe like on Facebook? Every time Tastylimes makes a post my phone will go off :D lol

Tasty should make a twitter, but some guy named Eli already took TastyLimes, damn I ruled that out before I even finished the sentence.