ATTN: CSN Scout Anti-Cheat is available for Cross Fire

124»

Comments

• Denxi wrote: »
    Obviously hacks have no place in competitive gaming. However a public/private game to screw around is not competitive gaming. Unless you can interview every single person with hacks found and flawlessly judge their character from that, then you need to have a policy that will still give everyone a chance, and only punish the people that deserve to be punished.

You can have a policy that will give everyone a chance.

Here's the policy. DONT HAVE HACKS OR HACKING TOOLS ON YOUR COMPUTER.
  • doop51 wrote: »

A chance defined by the start of a reality of competitive gaming if what I mean.

There's one flaw.

What happends if you have a moviemaking hack such as myself? and a ton others.
    A chance defined by the start of a reality of competitive gaming if what I mean.

Whatever, have fun being cevo.
  • Chets from Starcraft gets detected too? Aff

Or cracked programs etc.
  • WolvesG wrote: »
    There's one flaw.

What happends if you have a moviemaking hack such as myself? and a ton others.

Pretty simple, DON'T HAVE IT ON YOUR COMPUTER WHEN YOU RUN THE ANTICHEAT.
    There's a big difference between an advid gamer and a competitive gamer.
    Competitive gamers are usually avid gamers, granted less often the other way around.

I have address editors which I could cheat with if I wanted to.
    I've never had a Crossfire hack.
    To even imagine that I should be banned from a Crossfire leauge for having that is just ridiculous.
    VIPs boot from browsers. To take it to an extreme, we should block port 80 access for the duration of the client running.
    One can only go so far in deciding what a program could be used for..

Best to only ban for actually cheating.

but that is a waste of time and frankly i dont feel like having to re-download it constantly.

It's really just a change in position of security. One steps in earlier, another later, but they both accomplish (ideally) the same thing: no more chetz. Hell, UrT is working on an A/C that bans you immediately you boot up any sort of cheat, and only for 3 days. So they give you infinite tolerance. It still accomplishes the same thing though, that being eliminating cheating.
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    Competitive gamers are usually avid gamers, granted less often the other way around.

I have address editors which I could cheat with if I wanted to.
    I've never had a Crossfire hack.
    To even imagine that I should be banned from a Crossfire leauge for having that is just ridiculous.
    VIPs boot from browsers. To take it to an extreme, we should block port 80 access for the duration of the client running.

Good hacks run in Ring0 and won't be detected. ****ty CF VIP hacks will be detected. It's the private cheats you have to be worried about in league play. Whether this game has a big of problem as other games I do not know.
    but that is a waste of time and frankly i dont feel like having to re-download it constantly.

Awww sorry, and I don't feel like I should have to go the speed limit every time I drive.
    Good hacks run in Ring0 and won't be detected. ****ty CF VIP hacks will be detected. It's the private cheats you have to be worried about in league play. Whether this game has a big of problem as other games I do not know.

And that's still an issue I have NO experience with, so I won't even bother trying to talk about it. I do know that there is always, ALWAYS a chance of cheats being undetected, and so we'll still be on our toes when it comes to the actual game review.
    And that's still an issue I have NO experience with, so I won't even bother trying to talk about it. I do know that there is always, ALWAYS a chance of cheats being undetected, and so we'll still be on our toes when it comes to the actual game review.

I could load hacks into my mouse memory and use an aimbot at WEM on lan and probably not get caught. This is why I believe in a Zero Tolerance policy. Sure it's inconvenient, sure it's annoying, but it is really just getting that bad out there.
    Awww sorry, and I don't feel like I should have to go the speed limit every time I drive.

be different and drive faster
  • take a look at cyberclutch they cheated for a long time in esea and didn't get banned until recently
    I could load hacks into my mouse memory and use an aimbot at WEM on lan and probably not get caught. This is why I believe in a Zero Tolerance policy. Sure it's inconvenient, sure it's annoying, but it is really just getting that bad out there.

You'd have to be pretty consistent in matching mouse movements :P

And maybe you're right. Maybe after the first placement tournament we'll reconsider and crank up the policy. But I personally would rather have a more accepting policy before cranking into no tolerance. Psychologically it seems to have a better effect in my experience.
    take a look at cyberclutch they cheated for a long time in esea and didn't get banned until recently

They even got picked up by Frag Dominant while they were cheating.
  • hai guise

i suggezt we jus go bak 2 growler

make all much mo simpel
  • I spoke about this yesterday, earlier in this thread. I will discuss it again.

How does having CS cheat files on your computer give you an advantage in Crossfire? It doesn't. Fair is the goal. Fair, competitive gaming. Introducing people's personal ethics means we are placing personal bias (Example: I think he should be banned just because a cheat is a cheat) on the situation and that's not fair. We're not here to police people's ethics on what files they have on their computer. If you're a CSN CF competitive player, you're going to get banned for CF cheats and that's the end of it.

It's simple. You get caught using CF cheats in CF, you get banned from all CSN events. You get caught using CS cheats in CS, you get banned from all CSN events. That in its entirety is the most fair method of going about this whole situation. Should a player having CS cheats on his computer be banned when being a CF competitive player under CSN? That is a matter of opinion and personal bias and that's where the line between being completely fair and judging from your own opinion starts to show. You can't be completely fair when injecting personal bias into the situation. Just because YOU think a CSN CF player who has CS cheats on his computer should be banned doesn't mean it's fair. They are playing CSN Cross Fire not CSN CS. They should banned for CF cheats and that is completely fair. Anything else is a matter of opinion.
This discussion has been closed.