ATTN: CSN Scout Anti-Cheat is available for Cross Fire

It is finally here! :)

CSN Scout is now ready for Cross Fire! Please feel free to download the client and give it a try. All you have to do is sign-in with your CSN information and load the game. Also, there is no upload time after the close of the game so you don't have to wait once you're finished. The only feature that is not available yet is the in-client specific chat room for Crossfire. That has no effect on the anti-cheat portion though, so no worries.

If you run into any problems, please report them HERE

Enjoy :D

Comments

• CSNKris wrote: »
    It is finally here! :)

CSN Scout is now ready for Cross Fire! Please feel free to download the client and give it a try. All you have to do is sign-in with your CSN information and load the game. Also, there is no upload time after the close of the game so you don't have to wait once you're finished. The only feature that is not available yet is the in-client specific chat room for Crossfire. That has no effect on the anti-cheat portion though, so no worries.

If you run into any problems, please report them HERE

Enjoy :D

Good lets hope it works :D
  • aL_bert wrote: »
    Good lets hope it works :D

did you remove your subagames speedhack?
  • Really impressed with this, personally.

The fact that it uploads while you play and you don't see ANY ping issues amazes me.
    On top of all that, you can see who's running it, and there's a built-in chat.

Good work, hope I don't get banned off this one. ;)
  • Sizzauce wrote: »
    Really impressed with this, personally.

The fact that it uploads while you play and you don't see ANY ping issues amazes me.
    On top of all that, you can see who's running it, and there's a built-in chat.

Good work, hope I don't get banned off this one. ;)

Well I will be sure to forward your delight to the CSN guys ;)

Also, the only two things I see people getting banned for:
    1. A CF cheat file or program
    2. An injector (Any injectors from any game will be seen and treated the same, ban.)
    You don't have any of those while playing, you're good :D
    Well I will be sure to forward your delight to the CSN guys ;)

Also, the only two things I see people getting banned for:
    1. A CF cheat file or program
    2. An injector (Any injectors from any game will be seen and treated the same, ban.)
    You don't have any of those while playing, you're good :D
    Are you implying if we have a CS cheat we won't be banned from the CF division?
  • ban the kids who use cs cheats or any .lua mod
  • Are you implying if we have a CS cheat we won't be banned from the CF division?

If I may ask, why would you be banned for having a file on your computer that is not meant to work in CF? That would be a different story if you loaded up CSN Scout under the CS/CSS division and tried to play :D
  • CS is a supported game. Shouldn't matter if you are playing the game under that section of the AC or not, a cheat is a cheat and if it happens to pick it up while running it for a different game, you should be punished. IMO.
  • CS is a supported game. Shouldn't matter if you are playing the game under that section of the AC or not, a cheat is a cheat and if it happens to pick it up while running it for a different game, you should be punished. IMO.

So someone cheating for fun on a separate game is degrading the competitive play on CF? I have a Gameshark, does that mean I should be banned?

Someone having bad morals is not the same as someone degrading the competitive play. If someone tries to cheat in COMPETITIVE 1.6/source/etc. then I agree with you that they aren't a good person. But that doesn't mean they're breaking any rules in the CF league.
  • Denxi wrote: »
    So someone cheating for fun on a separate game is degrading the competitive play on CF? I have a Gameshark, does that mean I should be banned?

Someone having bad morals is not the same as someone degrading the competitive play. If someone tries to cheat in COMPETITIVE 1.6/source/etc. then I agree with you that they aren't a good person. But that doesn't mean they're breaking any rules in the CF league.
    So... I can go participate in the CS league, cheat, get banned, then come back and return to play in the CF one with no consequences?

Your opinion is noted and respected, however a CF cheat is a CF cheat. A CS cheat is not a CF cheat. CSN Scout will focus on the files/programs that matter for the game at hand and that helps in the efficient functionality of the program. Players trying to use cheats/programs for CF will get caught and banned just as well.
  • Nope, banned from CSN.

If CSN and Valve were one and the same, then you'd have a point. But until you cheat in CSN, you're fine. CSN is not responsible for actions in private, or public games outside the organization.
    Your opinion is noted and respected, however a CF cheat is a CF cheat. A CS cheat is not a CF cheat. CSN Scout will focus on the files/programs that matter for the game at hand and that helps in the efficient functionality of the program. Players trying to use cheats/programs for CF will get caught and banned just as well.
    I do like the fact that the Anti Cheat has a certain division if we shall call it that specifically for CF, but I believe it should still pick up cheats for other games as well. What If I was to have CS cheats, ran it in the "CF Division" but later on went to play in the CS league but deleted the cheats right before?
    Denxi wrote: »
    Nope, banned from CSN.

If CSN and Valve were one and the same, then you'd have a point. But until you cheat in CSN, you're fine. CSN is not responsible for actions in private, or public games outside the organization.

So one could use the ACS outside of official match play with cheats and no consequences?
  • I do like the fact that the Anti Cheat has a certain division if we shall call it that specifically for CF, but I believe it should still pick up cheats for other games as well. What If I was to have CS cheats, ran it in the "CF Division" but later on went to play in the CS league but deleted the cheats right before?

So one could use the ACS outside of official match play with cheats and no consequences?

Cheating under the CSN ACS is cheating under watching eyes, my mistake on wording.

My point is that cheating in competitive matches under the CSN "flag" is not the same as cheating in public games for trolling purposes and whatnot.

Again, I'm not saying I support it. But if someone is legit while competing and cheating while goofing around, I have no issue with it. It's like people using SPOP and SL in pubs, or someone using an M4-ADV in WOGL and a normal one in CSN.
  • What I'm certain is being said is;

Your going to allow people whom have have hosted title cheats in the community? i.e. If a player is found with a hack of ANY sorts for CS, and he plays in CF....allowing him/her to play in the community in general is tarnishing to the integrity of the community you which to host for. It's a loophole that allows the virus of the communities in....

If you host for Titles A, B, C, D & E, if the event is for Title C...but the user has hacks for Title E, he shouldn't be allowed to play in the community at all. It's a general policy....
    Cheating under the CSN ACS is cheating under watching eyes, my mistake on wording.

My point is that cheating in competitive matches under the CSN "flag" is not the same as cheating in public games for trolling purposes and whatnot.

Again, I'm not saying I support it. But if someone is legit while competing and cheating while goofing around, I have no issue with it. It's like people using SPOP and SL in pubs, or someone using an M4-ADV in WOGL and a normal one in CSN.

But according to your previous statement, if you are caught with cheats for a different game and get banned then that wont/shouldn't have an effect on the competitive CF play.
  • What I'm certain is being said is;

Your going to allow people whom have have hosted title cheats in the community? i.e. If a player is found with a hack of ANY sorts for CS, and he plays in CF....allowing him/her to play in the community in general is tarnishing to the integrity of the community you which to host for. It's a loophole that allows the virus of the communities in....

If you host for Titles A, B, C, D & E, if the event is for Title C...but the user has hacks for Title E, he shouldn't be allowed to play in the community at all. It's a general policy....

Obviously not. If Player A is caught cheating UNDER CSN on Source, he'll be banned from CSN entirely.

But what I'm saying is that if someone cheating in Source in a public game, doesn't compete in Source, then goes and plays legit in competitive CF, he's fine.

tl;dr If you cheat under CSN you'll be banned from CSN. If you cheat elsewhere, no worries.
  • But according to your previous statement, if you are caught with cheats for a different game and get banned then that wont/shouldn't have an effect on the competitive CF play.

Caught with cheats OUTSIDE of CSN.

You cheat outside of CSN, doesn't matter. You cheat INSIDE CSN, you get the boot.
  • I do like the fact that the Anti Cheat has a certain division if we shall call it that specifically for CF, but I believe it should still pick up cheats for other games as well. What If I was to have CS cheats, ran it in the "CF Division" but later on went to play in the CS league but deleted the cheats right before?

It does show for all. Scout is just an application that searches your CPU in full and lists the hashes in whole. It's their administrators duty to go through the reports and infract for what they feel is unnecessary in those reports.
    Caught with cheats OUTSIDE of CSN.

You cheat outside of CSN, doesn't matter. You cheat INSIDE CSN, you get the boot.
    What if I get caught with cheats outside of CSN for CS, play fairly in CF, delete the CS cheats and play fairly in CS under CSN?
  • What if I get caught with cheats outside of CSN for CS, play fairly in CF, delete the CS cheats and play fairly in CS under CSN?

No issue. You didn't cheat under CSN.
    No issue. You didn't cheat under CSN.
    I sense a flaw in this system but see where you guys are coming from.
  • I sense a flaw in this system but see where you guys are coming from.

That flaw being that we allow people with bad ethics?

It's as I said before, if I have a GameShark, and use said GameShark when playing Monster Hunter, should I be banned from CF?

I realize there's an argument for games that CSN still supports, however we try to contain ourselves to the competitive for now.
    That flaw being that we allow people with bad ethics?

It's as I said before, if I have a GameShark, and use said GameShark when playing Monster Hunter, should I be banned from CF?

I realize there's an argument for games that CSN still supports, however we try to contain ourselves to the competitive for now.

The flaw that you is you allow known/previous cheaters to participate in games you support as long as they don't cheat within the timeframe they are signed up for that game.
    Obviously not. If Player A is caught cheating UNDER CSN on Source, he'll be banned from CSN entirely.

But what I'm saying is that if someone cheating in Source in a public game, doesn't compete in Source, then goes and plays legit in competitive CF, he's fine.

tl;dr If you cheat under CSN you'll be banned from CSN. If you cheat elsewhere, no worries.

You can't prove if someone is cheating though with Scout, only screenshots. Scout is an invasive application. It's soul job is to scan your computer of it's files, output a detailed list of WHAT is in your CPU, and two other functions which I won't disclose to the public. It doesn't show an active log of a hack in any sort.

If upon the first scan it registers a hosted tool, they should be removed from the community.
  • The flaw that you is you allow known/previous cheaters to participate in games you support as long as they don't cheat within the timeframe they are signed up for that game.

As long as they don't screw with us, we won't with them. Again, should we ban every playing using a Scar Lite in pubs?
    As long as they don't screw with us, we won't with them. Again, should we ban every playing using a Scar Lite in pubs?
    Your comparisons are lacking with efficiency.
This discussion has been closed.