ATTN: CSN Scout Anti-Cheat is available for Cross Fire

Comments

• yes but using a weapon isn't cheating

It's going against CSN standards. Whether or not those standards are the same as the public game's doesn't matter.
  • Denxi wrote: »
    As long as they don't screw with us, we won't with them. Again, should we ban every playing using a Scar Lite in pubs?

WOGL did the same thing, they let people banned in their opening tournament play...
  • Cypherrrr wrote: »
    WOGL did the same thing, they let people banned in their opening tournament play...
    They didn't let them, they didn't have the knowledge of them participating.

Edit: Or no way to 100% prove it was that individual playing.
  • What if I get caught with cheats outside of CSN for CS, play fairly in CF, delete the CS cheats and play fairly in CS under CSN?

If you get caught with cheats for Source/1.6 while not registered for those games in CSN...why is it their job to monitor you?
    If you get caught cheating in CROSSFIRE then it's a different story...
    They are here to provide more legit competitive play, not to police people on their ethics.

As a competitive player do I see something wrong with this? yes...but only because I don't like cheaters in any game
    Is it fair though? of course it is.
    GJ CSN.
  • [QUOTE=moch_alt;1246219]If you get caught with cheats for Source/1.6 while not registered for those games in CSN...why is it their job to monitor you?
    If you get caught cheating in CROSSFIRE then it's a different story...
    They are here to provide more legit competitive play, not to police people on their ethics.

As a competitive player do I see something wrong with this? yes...but only because I don't like cheaters in any game
    Is it fair though? of course it is.
    GJ CSN.[/QUOTE]

I bolded what you seemed to be correct on, I after that then stated deleting the cheats and going back to the CS league they have and not being banned is something of concern. Same thing could be used as an example with CF instead of CS.
  • I bolded what you seemed to be correct on, I after that then stated deleting the cheats and going back to the CS league they have and not being banned is something of concern. Same thing could be used as an example with CF instead of CS.

Yes, it can be done.
    People cheat all the time in echo-8...who cares.
    When it's time to play on ACS they'll do bad...I can give you examples of countless players who are amazing in echo scrims yet can't go positive in league matches.
    If a player wants to cheat to feel good about himself in a meaningless scrim, go crazy.
  • A differen't game is a differen't game. I'll use an example of something that happened to a friend of mine. He cheated on Maplestory....Yes, Maplestory. And got banned from wogl under the Crossfire league? When clearly he didn't cheat on that game or even an fps for that matter. CSN is offering a fair chance for everyone with a clean slate. Don't mess it up for the game you play and you won't have any problems from what I'm seeing. Does that not sound fair? That's like z8games saying, hey you cheated on (enter game name here) you're banned from crossfire as well. I'm sorry if I said things that have already been said, I didn't read this whole thread. And as far as WOGL people being the ones questioning everything. What about when slipwolf asked for the anti-cheat to be improved and he got cut from staff? Just saying...Good night.
  • lulzwut wrote: »
    A differen't game is a differen't game. I'll use an example of something that happened to a friend of mine. He cheated on Maplestory....Yes, Maplestory. And got banned from wogl under the Crossfire league? When clearly he didn't cheat on that game or even an fps for that matter. CSN is offering a fair chance for everyone with a clean slate. Don't mess it up for the game you play and you won't have any problems from what I'm seeing. Does that not sound fair? That's like z8games saying, hey you cheated on (enter game name here) you're banned from crossfire as well. I'm sorry if I said things that have already been said, I didn't read this whole thread. And as far as WOGL people being the ones questioning everything. What about when slipwolf asked for the anti-cheat to be improved and he got cut from staff? Just saying...Good night.

That's all I'm saying.
    A different game is just that...different.
  • hey coach can i play on your basketball team i only used steroids when i was playing on the football team so like ya

That was SUCH a bad way of putting it.
    Steroids enhance performance in ANY sport...
    CS cheats don't enhance your skills in CF.
    stupid.
  • moch_alt wrote: »
    Yes, it can be done.
    People cheat all the time in echo-8...who cares.
    When it's time to play on ACS they'll do bad...I can give you examples of countless players who are amazing in echo scrims yet can't go positive in league matches.
    If a player wants to cheat to feel good about himself in a meaningless scrim, go crazy.
    The point being that CSN is aware they had cheats on their computer in the past but since they don't anymore before they want to join the league, they let them even though already caught by client but just caught while playing a different game so they let them go.
    lulzwut wrote: »
    A differen't game is a differen't game. I'll use an example of something that happened to a friend of mine. He cheated on Maplestory....Yes, Maplestory. And got banned from wogl under the Crossfire league? When clearly he didn't cheat on that game or even an fps for that matter. CSN is offering a fair chance for everyone with a clean slate. Don't mess it up for the game you play and you won't have any problems from what I'm seeing. Does that not sound fair? That's like z8games saying, hey you cheated on (enter game name here) you're banned from crossfire as well. I'm sorry if I said things that have already been said, I didn't read this whole thread. And as far as WOGL people being the ones questioning everything. What about when slipwolf asked for the anti-cheat to be improved and he got cut from staff? Just saying...Good night.
    $100 says that it went against ScrimSpots TOS, most likely on the "no injectors or cheating utilities" section.
    Also, lol @ slipwolf, he accused me of cheating in our WOGL match when I was negative. (So I've heard.)
  • hey coach can i play on your basketball team i only used steroids when i was playing on the football team so like ya

Your reference is a bad example.

How does having CS cheat files on your computer give you an advantage in Crossfire? It doesn't. Fair is the goal. Fair, competitive gaming. Introducing people's personal ethics means we are placing personal bias (Example: I think he should be banned just because a cheat is a cheat) on the situation and that's not fair.

It's simple. You get caught using CF cheats in CF, you get banned from all CSN events. You get caught using CS cheats in CS, you get banned from all CSN events. That in its entirety is the most fair method of going about this whole situation. Should a player having CS cheats on his computer be banned when being a CF competitive player under CSN? That is a matter of opinion and personal bias and that's where the line is drawn.

On a side note, we have not once questioned your (WOGL) methods of banning players from your games. Even though we do not entirely agree with your methods as you do not agree with ours. You ban anyone for any cheat, in any WOGL supported game. Fine, that's your way. If you (WOGL Bobby) insist on not turning these Leagues against each other, is this really the way to do it? You have your way. We have ours. We're not here to compete with you, we just have a different take on what fair, competitive gaming means. Is that so wrong?
  • CSNKris wrote: »
    You ban everyone for every cheat, in any game.

WOGL only perm bans people for cheats or cheating utilities used for their supported games, nothing stupid like a .dll for ijji GunZ.
  • WOGL only perm bans people for cheats or cheating utilities used for their supported games, nothing stupid like a .dll for ijji GunZ.

Edited, but it (WOGL supported games) was implied as I was addressing WOGL.
  • CSNKris wrote: »
    If you insist on not turning these Leagues against each other, is this really the way to do it? You have your way. We have ours. We're not here to compete with you, we just have a different take on what fair, competitive gaming means. Is that so wrong?

If giving my feedback and OPINION on honest, general policies is considered 'turning leagues against each other' than I don't know what to tell you. Don't know how it could even be considered that...Funny that it's even taken that way. REALLY opens my eyes now...I've got a whole new perspective...
  • If giving my feedback and OPINION on honest, general policies is considered 'turning leagues against each other' than I don't know what to tell you. Don't know how it could even be considered that...Funny that it's even taken that way. REALLY opens my eyes now...I've got a whole new perspective...
    What I'm certain is being said is;

Your going to allow people whom have have hosted title cheats in the community? i.e. If a player is found with a hack of ANY sorts for CS, and he plays in CF....allowing him/her to play in the community in general is tarnishing to the integrity of the community you which to host for. It's a loophole that allows the virus of the communities in....

If you host for Titles A, B, C, D & E, if the event is for Title C...but the user has hacks for Title E, he shouldn't be allowed to play in the community at all. It's a general policy....

General policies according to whom? According to you it's a general policy. This whole thread is a matter of opinion from both sides. We have different views to the whole subject. This was established pages ago. Let's end it at that. We're both trying to help the competitive community, not hurt it. CSN Admins do not want to turn the leagues against each other (another opinion stated elsewhere). I understand both of your opinions and feedback and it is respected. Thank you and have a good night.
  • Simple example: You screwed up in a school, like you sold drugs. You changed school. People in that school may call you names and such, but you will not get expelled just because your behavior in a different school was bad. You will only be expelled if you screw up in this school.

That's my point of view.
  • I honestly don't get why bobby and the others are being immature about this, this isn't WOGL...
    CSN has better rules from what I see.
  • I respect any and all opinions that come into here. WOGL sees fit to run a League a specific way, which is completely fine. No harm, no foul. It's their show, they can do it whichever way they feel is right for the community.

We as CSN want to do the same thing. We are not here to pull the "We're better, you're not" childish arguments and fights. We simply have a different perspective to what is fair and competitive gaming. WOGL's perspective isn't wrong and our perspective isn't wrong. That's why it's a perspective, a collective of opinions.

We have no intent on trying to become a "rival" to WOGL. The more competition the better and we welcome as much as Crossfire can handle. We look forward to releasing CSN and our rule sets, policies, and features in order to better this community as a whole and promote the competitiveness of this version to the rest of the competitive scene.

It's about the community in the end. It's about what the community wants and what the community needs. The community always has and always will come first. That's why we're here right? :)
  • It isn't immature, it's actually a good discussion about their opinions.

I read the whole thread, it's been for the most part civil.

There is no wrong in stating an opinion.

People though, have different, for one side it's basically, "Cheats are cheats, same game or not, it's still a game in the league." While the other side is "It's a different game, the hacks won't help you at all in the game you are playing under CNS at this time."

Either way, I'm looking forward to see CNS get up and rolling, Everything seems to be going smoothly, and it'll be nice to have you guys 'round. :)

Thanks for keeping it civil guys.

-Rex.

Edit:
    CSNKris wrote: »
    A CF cheat is a CF cheat. A CS cheat is not a CF cheat. CSN Scout will focus on the files/programs that matter for the game at hand and that helps in the efficient functionality of the program. Players trying to use cheats/programs for CF will get caught and banned just as well.

CSNKris wrote: »
    You will be fine. What will get you banned is the actual DLL Injectors, for any game. Giving that warning now as to not cause any problems later on. We will see those and we will ban for it.

I'm confused though with these two statements....

Er.. Isn't the first one basically saying "No, for having a CS .dll while playing CrossFire under CSN, you won't get banned, but the second saying you will..
  • A league that defends cheaters, wonderful.
  • doop51 wrote: »
    A league that defends cheaters, wonderful.

I don't see them defending cheaters as much as I see them trying to narrow things down and focus on CF.

If people want to cheat in damn Maplestory, or any other game. Thats on them. But when you load up the client and come play me in a match you're legit. I don't care about your Maplestory hacks.
  • [MOD]Bruce wrote: »
    I don't see them defending cheaters as much as I see them trying to narrow things down and focus on CF.

If people want to cheat in damn Maplestory, or any other game. Thats on them. But when you load up the client and come play me in a match you're legit. I don't care about your Maplestory hacks.

It's just good to know I could play CSN Source cheat my balls off and then come back and play crossfire scott free.
  • Its an anticheat for a Crossfire leauge.
    If it detects people cheating on Crossfire then that is sufficient.
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    Its an anticheat for a Crossfire leauge.
    If it detects people cheating on Crossfire then that is sufficient.

It's the anticheat for all of their leagues. Not just crossfire.
    It's the anticheat for all of their leagues. Not just crossfire.
    I assume it detects CS cheats if ran on their CS leauge.
    Couldn't possibly care less if the person I'm playing against in CF has an AVA cheat hidden away in a folder.
    It's just good to know I could play CSN Source cheat my balls off and then come back and play crossfire scott free.

I'm pretty sure thats not the way it works.
  • [MOD]Bruce wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure thats not the way it works.

It's what they said in the thread.
    It's what they said in the thread.

Well I'll let them explain it better then.
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    I assume it detects CS cheats if ran on their CS leauge.
    Couldn't possibly care less if the person I'm playing against in CF has an AVA cheat hidden away in a folder.

It detects cheats all the time. Not just when you are playing one games league.

If I run it while playing crossfire and it detects source cheats I won't be banned for cheating in their source division. If I am playing a match in CSN Source league and it detects cf cheats, I won't be banned in the crossfire division.
    It detects cheats all the time. Not just when you are playing one games league.

If I run it while playing crossfire and it detects source cheats I won't be banned for cheating in their source division. If I am playing a match in CSN Source league and it detects cf cheats, I won't be banned in the crossfire division.
    Oh I see.

If you do cheat in the source leauge with source cheats though, you'll be banned..
    Is it the fact that they don't take the opportunity that you oppose?

I don't see much wrong with it.. I assume a ban in any game means a ban from the whole network..
This discussion has been closed.