Off topic posts?

2

Comments

  • The Mod Process for CF Mods is one that ensures we have the type of crew we want.

    Besides, DdoTt is/was beloved by the community, and there's already enough threads telling him off for being a bad mod 5 minutes after getting the job. It's natural for the community here to want to hate the mods as soon as they get powers.

    Giving DdoTt Off Topic power is a footnote for whats going on here. There's already enough Mods for OT, whether we give those powers to new CF mods 1 day after they get mod, 1 week or 1 month. We allow a certain amount of leeway for this OT forum, and we don't need 2505830 mods policing it. But there have ALWAYS been more CF mods participating and moderating the OT forum than Metin. Regardless of whether or not the mods are new.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    The Mod Process for CF Mods is one that ensures we have the type of crew we want.

    Besides, DdoTt is/was beloved by the community, and there's already enough threads telling him off for being a bad mod 5 minutes after getting the job. It's natural for the community here to want to hate the mods as soon as they get powers.

    Giving DdoTt Off Topic power is a footnote for whats going on here. There's already enough Mods for OT, whether we give those powers to new CF mods 1 day after they get mod, 1 week or 1 month. We allow a certain amount of leeway for this OT forum, and we don't need 2505830 mods policing it. But there have ALWAYS been more CF mods participating and moderating the OT forum than Metin. Regardless of whether or not the mods are new.
    um...
    uh...
    uh...

    what does dot have to do with anything?
    we never mentioned him
  • 0xBoF0xBoF Marquis
    um...
    uh...
    uh...

    what does dot have to do with anything?
    we never mentioned him
    This.

    And metin practically has there own section for EVERYTHING!!!!!!
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=63956

    That is has a sticky!
    THAT should be in player photos where THEY don't get post count.

    Am I being jealous? Or am I being FAIR?
  • KillGod wrote: »
    This.

    And metin practically has there own section for EVERYTHING!!!!!!
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=63956

    That is has a sticky!
    THAT should be in player photos where THEY don't get post count.

    Am I being jealous? Or am I being FAIR?
    its because they have "less players" -.-
  • so..in other words

    because they have less players means they can break universal rules?

    Spam, being the universal rule is up for interpretation.

    We've let threads go in the clan section that have nothing but clan chat.

    But when people start making posts like "+1". Then we shut it down because the conversation has degraded to pretty much nothing about the clan or whatever topic was originally created.

    By that same token, this thread in the Metin section is used for conversational purposes. Unfortunately we can't see every thread on the boards 100% of the time. But its very easy to alert us of a thread you think is breaking the rules by going through the proper channels. Not by spamming threads or trolling GM's.

    Since I'm not near the Metin 2 team, and don't have regular communication with the Metin 2 mods and it's after work and I'm "working" from home, I don't have the opportunity to discuss with their team about how this thread might be going against the grain of the rules.

    But that still doesn't give you the right to break the rules either. Stand up for yourself and have a little respect for yourself and treat things in a better manner and you'd be surprised how much better of a reaction you would get.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    The Mod Process for CF Mods is one that ensures we have the type of crew we want.

    Besides, DdoTt is/was beloved by the community, and there's already enough threads telling him off for being a bad mod 5 minutes after getting the job. It's natural for the community here to want to hate the mods as soon as they get powers.

    Giving DdoTt Off Topic power is a footnote for whats going on here. There's already enough Mods for OT, whether we give those powers to new CF mods 1 day after they get mod, 1 week or 1 month. We allow a certain amount of leeway for this OT forum, and we don't need 2505830 mods policing it. But there have ALWAYS been more CF mods participating and moderating the OT forum than Metin. Regardless of whether or not the mods are new.

    how did ddot get involved?

    Also, any metin2 mod/gm.. Don't get offended if anyone says somethin =p were tryin to prove a point
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Spam, being the universal rule is up for interpretation.

    We've let threads go in the clan section that have nothing but clan chat.

    But when people start making posts like "+1". Then we shut it down because the conversation has degraded to pretty much nothing about the clan or whatever topic was originally created.

    By that same token, this thread in the Metin section is used for conversational purposes. Unfortunately we can't see every thread on the boards 100% of the time. But its very easy to alert us of a thread you think is breaking the rules by going through the proper channels. Not by spamming threads or trolling GM's.

    Since I'm not near the Metin 2 team, and don't have regular communication with the Metin 2 mods and it's after work and I'm "working" from home, I don't have the opportunity to discuss with their team about how this thread might be going against the grain of the rules.

    But that still doesn't give you the right to break the rules either. Stand up for yourself and have a little respect for yourself and treat things in a better manner and you'd be surprised how much better of a reaction you would get.
    last time i stood up for myself, i got infracted. >:(
  • Also, while I'm here.

    Did it not occur to you that Metin hasn't had new forum mods in... well a very long time.

    Perhaps that's because the people on the Metin team need some help with threads in question in this thread so that we can get the metin 2 players on track too?

    ie OT posts in the OT section and Photo Posts in the photo section?
  • 0xBoF0xBoF Marquis
    [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Spam, being the universal rule is up for interpretation.

    We've let threads go in the clan section that have nothing but clan chat.

    But when people start making posts like "+1". Then we shut it down because the conversation has degraded to pretty much nothing about the clan or whatever topic was originally created.

    By that same token, this thread in the Metin section is used for conversational purposes. Unfortunately we can't see every thread on the boards 100% of the time. But its very easy to alert us of a thread you think is breaking the rules by going through the proper channels. Not by spamming threads or trolling GM's.

    Since I'm not near the Metin 2 team, and don't have regular communication with the Metin 2 mods and it's after work and I'm "working" from home, I don't have the opportunity to discuss with their team about how this thread might be going against the grain of the rules.

    But that still doesn't give you the right to break the rules either. Stand up for yourself and have a little respect for yourself and treat things in a better manner and you'd be surprised how much better of a reaction you would get.

    You have been responding to Jedi's comments this whole time and not mine. I have been giving evidence regarding there own player photos and there own spam thread.

    Can you please just make a sticky of a thread we can talk about things on CF like that other thread or make OT posts count?

    Or I will have to resort to measures such as... Playing metin just so I can use that thread.
  • last time i stood up for myself, i got infracted. >:(
    What I mean by that is stand up for yourself in a respectful manner.

    Coming to a GM with your honest thoughts about a thread that should be moved and metin forum problems takes a bigger "man" than spamming and raging and acting inappropriately on the rest of the boards.

    I'm not infracting you for this discussion am I?
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Also, while I'm here.

    Did it not occur to you that Metin hasn't had new forum mods in... well a very long time.

    Perhaps that's because the people on the Metin team need some help with threads in question in this thread so that we can get the metin 2 players on track too?

    ie OT posts in the OT section and Photo Posts in the photo section?
    oh, and the one who made the thread that broke the rules just so happens to be a MOD...so....


    just because they need more mods doesn't change anything, they should recruit GOOD mods instead of having POOR mods
  • oh, and the one who made the thread that broke the rules just so happens to be a MOD...so....


    just because they need more mods doesn't change anything, they should recruit GOOD mods instead of having POOR mods

    Complaining to the CF staff about the Metin2 section isn't the best method.
  • 0xBoF0xBoF Marquis
    Again. Ignoring me.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    What I mean by that is stand up for yourself in a respectful manner.

    Coming to a GM with your honest thoughts about a thread that should be moved and metin forum problems takes a bigger "man" than spamming and raging and acting inappropriately on the rest of the boards.

    I'm not infracting you for this discussion am I?
    i'm sorry, but last time i ever tried to send information about someone breaking the rules, i couldn't, because all the mods DON'T EMPTY THEIR PERSONAL MESSAGE FOLDERS
  • KillGod wrote: »
    You have been responding to Jedi's comments this whole time and not mine. I have been giving evidence regarding there own player photos and there own spam thread.

    Can you please just make a sticky of a thread we can talk about things on CF like that other thread or make OT posts count?

    Or I will have to resort to measures such as... Playing metin just so I can use that thread.

    If you want to talk about something related to CF then use the CF forum.

    If the thread degrades into +1 posts then it probably should have been placed in the OT section.

    Decisions to close, move or anything further is always going to be at the discretion of the person watching the thread.

    If there's legitimate discussion of Cross Fire going on, there shouldn't be anything wrong with the thread.

    The CF Forums however already have enough sticky's as it is. We can barely get through to the people with a "sticky" in the first place. So having that stickied is unlikely.

    I'd rather see your post count hit 5,000 based on legitimate posts. Rather than copy and pasting 4chan motivationals to insult players from Brazil.
  • Complaining to the CF staff about the Metin2 section isn't the best method.
    maybe you're right.....
    but Saidin is the only GM that i respect...sorta
  • i'm sorry, but last time i ever tried to send information about someone breaking the rules, i couldn't, because all the mods DON'T EMPTY THEIR PERSONAL MESSAGE FOLDERS

    Well I apologize for my own inbox being full. It's no longer full, so send away.

    The CM should be the place to go for this kind of stuff though, and if his inbox is full I'll check to make sure he gets the message. Which you still could have done through PM.
  • 0xBoF0xBoF Marquis
    [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    If you want to talk about something related to CF then use the CF forum.

    If the thread degrades into +1 posts then it probably should have been placed in the OT section.

    Decisions to close, move or anything further is always going to be at the discretion of the person watching the thread.

    If there's legitimate discussion of Cross Fire going on, there shouldn't be anything wrong with the thread.

    The CF Forums however already have enough sticky's as it is. We can barely get through to the people with a "sticky" in the first place. So having that stickied is unlikely.

    I'd rather see your post count hit 5,000 based on legitimate posts. Rather than copy and pasting 4chan motivationals to insult players from Brazil.
    You are generalizing about the majority of the non-regulars who enter the CF-FORUMS. Please quote me once from where I was insulting a Brazilian or pasting something from that moronic 4chan site. I am merely attempting to state something that I see clearly unfair.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Well I apologize for my own inbox being full. It's no longer full, so send away.

    The CM should be the place to go for this kind of stuff though, and if his inbox is full I'll check to make sure he gets the message. Which you still could have done through PM.
    watch, in like 5 minutes, it'll be full again, because morons are sending reports about "hackers"
  • KillGod wrote: »
    You are generalizing about the majority of the non-regulars who enter the CF-FORUMS. Please quote me once from where I was insulting a Brazilian or pasting something from that moronic 4chan site. I am merely attempting to state something that I see clearly unfair.

    I understand your frustration. Obviously there is nothing anyone can do about it right this second. The CF community is demanding enough, and we try to do the best we can with what we have.

    While I was generalizing, a legitimate thread that you make might last for 5 posts. And then the next 8 pages will be regulars, or alternate accounts of regulars (yes we can tell who you are), or posts which don't contribute.

    It becomes more work then to remove a million individual posts than to just close off the thread.

    But like I said, if you want to start a thread about Cross Fire in the Cross Fire forums, we're not stopping you.
  • watch, in like 5 minutes, it'll be full again, because morons are sending reports about "hackers"

    Actually, lost accounts is the number one problem that plagues my inbox. And that's half my fault cause various instructions around the boards are slightly vague. (except for the one post that says to go to support to report lost/stolen accounts)
  • 0xBoF0xBoF Marquis
    [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    I understand your frustration. Obviously there is nothing anyone can do about it right this second. The CF community is demanding enough, and we try to do the best we can with what we have.

    While I was generalizing, a legitimate thread that you make might last for 5 posts. And then the next 8 pages will be regulars, or alternate accounts of regulars (yes we can tell who you are), or posts which don't contribute.

    It becomes more work then to remove a million individual posts than to just close off the thread.

    But like I said, if you want to start a thread about Cross Fire in the Cross Fire forums, we're not stopping you.
    It seems the only solution is to go on that metin forum.

    Because clearly you can't control that section and I technically can't get infracted for doing such. Have a good night sir.

    Hope we can talk again another time.

    EDIT: On a side note. I don't use an alt.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Actually, lost accounts is the number one problem that plagues my inbox. And that's half my fault cause various instructions around the boards are slightly vague. (except for the one post that says to go to support to report lost/stolen accounts)
    regardless.

    those "hacker" messages is why i quit crossfire in the first place
  • watch, in like 5 minutes, it'll be full again, because morons are sending reports about "hackers"

    QFT
    everytime we try and pm.. It's full

    REALLY ANNOYING
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    What I mean by that is stand up for yourself in a respectful manner.

    Coming to a GM with your honest thoughts about a thread that should be moved and metin forum problems takes a bigger "man" than spamming and raging and acting inappropriately on the rest of the boards.

    I'm not infracting you for this discussion am I?

    Not reading the rest of this thread.

    FallenAngel didn't infract me for the LadyShy fiasco. He IP banned me off the forums and Ingame banned me with no warning whatsoever. Ofcourse this was after trying multiple times to contact him with the "PM Box is Full" shoved in my face. After that we made a scene in OT where I broke 0 rules and was still punished, whats next?
  • Let's go introduce ourselves to m2 community
  • CrashAero wrote: »
    Not reading the rest of this thread.

    FallenAngel didn't infract me for the LadyShy fiasco. He IP banned me off the forums and Ingame banned me with no warning whatsoever. Ofcourse this was after trying multiple times to contact him with the "PM Box is Full" shoved in my face. After that we made a scene in OT where I broke 0 rules and was still punished, whats next?

    I'm sure my post will go ignored :)
  • CrashAero wrote: »
    Not reading the rest of this thread.

    FallenAngel didn't infract me for the LadyShy fiasco. He IP banned me off the forums and Ingame banned me with no warning whatsoever. Ofcourse this was after trying multiple times to contact him with the "PM Box is Full" shoved in my face. After that we made a scene in OT where I broke 0 rules and was still punished, whats next?

    It's not going to go ignored.

    I'm sorry that you had this experience with FA's inbox. But I'm not sure how much sympathy I have re the incident in question.

    There was no reason for the incident with LadyShy. The most ironic thing about that whole fiasco is that the community came down so hard that she ended up losing her job and leaving the game, and the community STILL acted like toddlers.

    My point to Jedi was that this conversation is being held with an ounce of dignity and respect. And for that there is no reason to be strict, or harsh or get the ban hammer out. And either way, it ended with the line "...that's why I quit crossfire..."


    Even more ironic is that this thread is going to probably cause a re-write of the organization and rules of the boards. When it could have probably been kept the way it was if the frustrated players in question went through the proper channels.
  • Justice is served!
    tee-hee.jpg
  • MWAKILLZ1 wrote: »
    Justice is served!
    tee-hee.jpg

    Dawgs>kats


    Tbh
Sign In or Register to comment.