Ping VS. Ping

Comments

• Im with saintnooby on this,hes true and not baddie.
    None of the low pingers can understand hows
    high ping works against 10 ping woops sorry,i mean pros >.<
  • Yeah cuz like being good at a game means you're opinion is more valid and stuff.
  • haha there should be a thread called "how nasty can a thread turn in 7 pages" -.-
    kahlann, even though i have the utmost respect for you, being in trio and all, but i find it really strange how all the best players ALL and i do mean ALL, have pings of 20 or less. until youve played with a higher ping, IN THIS GAME. im unable to see how your opinion, and it is an opinion until you have proof has any substance.
    the only pings i have played with are 95 and 145-170. when im in london, i get a 95 ping, its a very good ping for the UK, BUT due to reg issues, and other things im guessing, my 95 ping, is more useless than my ping of 145. but holdon how is this possible? if anything im more relaxed and i should be playing better in london than at my family home in somerset.
    with my 95 ping, the optimum ping of people to play against is anywhere between 70 - 120. beyond that, the players will quite literally tank a whole clip of bullets. it makes no difference if i jump out on people because surprise is all very well, but if you put 30 bullets into his head and chest and they dont go down... well, you get the picture. also, i may be sniping, im an ok sniper, above average, and yet some kid with a 200 ping can be waiting at A site of eagle eyes, i can pop out shoot him with my awm, have my shot tanked, reload behind cover, and i mean fully reload, fully IN cover, then i die... tell me how that works plz plz plz
    with my 145 ping, i can beat most people with pings of 90+ with a rifle or a sniper.
    i mean i am perplexed how you can sit there and say: nah, nah theres no difference, when there quite clearly is.
    maybe IF and WHEN we get the UK server you should come play on it, see how good a 95 ping is, and maybe after 10 minutes of some kid tanking all your bullets, give up, and go back to being a "pro" back in canada or america or wherever.
    i play all modes by the way im not just a GMer, so i have a pretty good idea of when tanking really occurs, it happens in all modes, ever tried playing GM with a laggy ghost? they can be miles behind you, you can empty a clip into their chest, only to be longknifed from 5 metres.
    so i advise you to get off've your high cloud, because yes trio are good, but theyre not the best, and once youre off that high cloud, take a look at other peoples situations before you start being all regal as if anyone gives a damn.

jajaja? kthxbai
  • I just told you I have and do play in the west coast server as well as the Japanese server.

Maybe its because i'm used to really low pings that I trust that my bullets hit even though it takes a second to show the kill. Either way, I still sport a stupidly high kdr (pubbin) while on these servers.

So that means one of two things:

1) I'm just to good (or everybody else sucks)
    2) You people with high pings are bad

Either way, I will once again state that I HAVE PLAYED WITH EVERY PING RANGE.

13 Ping
    110-120 ping
    190-210 ping

End. Of. Thread. K. Thx.

As a side note, i've seen some pretty amazing players with 150+ ping. There are times when I hear them say that their bullets hit but no damage. At the same time, i've seen some pretty amazing low pingers. There are times when I hear them say their bullets hit but no damage.

K, thx.

Edit: Oh and yes, the better you are at a game the more valid your points are. If a doctor who is bad at diagnosing people tells you one thing and a doctor who is close to flawless in his, who's opinion would hold more weight?

But then again, on this forum all you have to do is whine and complain and you a) get what you want and b) are apparently in the right.
  • pepino(?)

just easy like this i think
    +200 Ping : leave please :l
  • pepino(?)

just easy like this i think
    +200 Ping : leave please :l
    whooops posted with wrong acc :l
  • saintNooby wrote: »
    Your lying and idiotic, bye

I like how thats your reply to my debate.. clearly you have nothing to say because you got destroyed so just don't say anything at all please...

Secondly..

Devourz

Considered one of the best snipers in the game and has a euro ping, if thats not proof that you can still be good with a high ping I don't know what it is. Please stop trying to make excuses, the best players having low ping is because Americans/Canadians who have good pings are very much the Majority in CF, since this is true obviously there is going to be more talent since there is going to be 5-10 Americans/Canadians to every BR/Euro. The higher of a ratio you have, the more chances your going to land on a highly skilled person with the higher ratio. Its simple math man. Figure it out.

Thirdly.. saintnooby you have a 5.3 kd, obviously your a pubstar but still, thats pretty decent, so your basically proving all your points wrong by QQing about high ping when you play fine with it. Like I said, just use smarts, and that 0.000001 ms difference of seeing someone with 10 ping won't seem that bad. And if your going to reply to this, please make it useful and not some stupid 1 sentence comeback that proves nothing. I know its tough but you can do it big guy.
  • dude May I use a clip until you kill one with low ping and watch replay me shooting behind you than you could play it?? and here are more concerned that because I Perd Ping sounds and visual effects because more packets lost in transmission over the Internet right?? poi when playing with 156 ping oriceharta tore all the 190 now since I shoot in difficult enemies and flying wildly in his blood turn to mis 0 dmg and kills 1 shoot 1: S
    Your lying and idiotic, bye

Evidence?

Don't make statements without them.
    I'm not sure what your trying to say excatly but I think its somewhat about higher pingers shooting lowpingers and them tanking, well it works both ways, I have a low ping(56) and I lit people up with 5-10 bullets with my ak47, and somtimes it just happens that I don't do damage even thought I can perfectly see blood and them getting hit. This is not because of ping I DON'T THINK, I think its because of CF's faulty coding in some areas.
  • i tend to do better against lifeline than a bunch of euros with 150-200 ping equipped fully with spop and scar light maybe armor. sometimes i don't even see them yet they lit/kill me. and it's annoying as hell. people with over 150 ping shouldn't be allowed to play other than you snookie :)
  • ibeasts wrote: »
    I like how thats your reply to my debate.. clearly you have nothing to say because you got destroyed so just don't say anything at all please...

Secondly..

Devourz

Considered one of the best snipers in the game and has a euro ping, if thats not proof that you can still be good with a high ping I don't know what it is. Please stop trying to make excuses, the best players having low ping is because Americans/Canadians who have good pings are very much the Majority in CF, since this is true obviously there is going to be more talent since there is going to be 5-10 Americans/Canadians to every BR/Euro. The higher of a ratio you have, the more chances your going to land on a highly skilled person with the higher ratio. Its simple math man. Figure it out.

Thirdly.. saintnooby you have a 5.3 kd, obviously your a pubstar but still, thats pretty decent, so your basically proving all your points wrong by QQing about high ping when you play fine with it. Like I said, just use smarts, and that 0.000001 ms difference of seeing someone with 10 ping won't seem that bad. And if your going to reply to this, please make it useful and not some stupid 1 sentence comeback that proves nothing. I know its tough but you can do it big guy.

I didn't get destroyed, I have to play with 130-140 ping, with spikes most of the day, I dont go near SnD, Because i get outshot by spraying nubs with 40 ping. No i am not noob, i am a good SnD player.

If your trying to say, Every american is better than me, than that is bs. I used to host a server on CS:S, My american friends, who are really good, would come on, and i'd roll them every time, Because my registry was instant. But in any other server in America they would own me. Same with every other game. Anyone with half a brain would understand slower registry times = disadvantage.

Your devours point is a bit stupid... + With any ping, You dont normally tank AWP shots.
    I played with 300 ping on CFCN, sniping is easy..
    pubstar? I have more clan war kills than pub kills.

Dont try and be smart either, It will be fun to see when UK server comes out. and it will be you w/ 100-130 ping, against all UK low pingers, w/ 30 pings. You can see what the hell we're talking about. Until then you haven't experienced it, So please stfu. :)

and / topic
    #

To ur latest point :

Just earlier there was a Ghost in GM, He had 8 Ping, He was running after me, as i was running backwards, (Close range) So i sprayed my M4 (38) Bullets, Some hs, mostly body hits, He wouldn't die, I hit him at least 20 times /w blood. I then pulled out deagle pulled of another few hits. then finally i got axe out and Right click'd him, In head, Saw blood. He then shovel'd me. I looked at Dmg sheet. I had some 38 dmg. The ****y ***** then made some joke about my aiming. This is why i hate low pingers so much.

Im going to record some GM Games soon, As this happens quite a lot. Especially when running backwards for some reason.
  • To continue this, i'm not saying having a higher ping is good.

What I am saying is that if you understand how networking works along with playing this game and others you can make logical deductions.

On top of that, if you have played other games with high ping (one game I played would sometimes send you to a Euro server with upwards of 500-600 ping) and even this game on the different servers, you have more experience and understanding.

Also for those of you that don't know, you can pretty much say that 100 ping is .1 second.

Try to think how fast that really is. Apply it to your own ping. When you start to hit the 200's is when you really start to feel it.

The average human reaction is around 215 milliseconds. So if you have 215 ping you have pretty much doubled the reaction.

All that being said, the people with 80-120 ping are really hardly losing any time.

Edit:
    saintNooby wrote: »

I don't mean to be entirely rude here, but ghost mode is not a true FPS style. Its more like Hide and seek with guns and knives.

Don't get me wrong, some of the things people have learned and done in that are amazing, but especially GR side, most good SnD players can do just as good as your top GM players. Where as its not reciprocal with the GM players.
  • Kahlann wrote: »
    To continue this, i'm not saying having a higher ping is good.

What I am saying is that if you understand how networking works along with playing this game and others you can make logical deductions.

On top of that, if you have played other games with high ping (one game I played would sometimes send you to a Euro server with upwards of 500-600 ping) and even this game on the different servers, you have more experience and understanding.

Also for those of you that don't know, you can pretty much say that 100 ping is .1 second.

Try to think how fast that really is. Apply it to your own ping. When you start to hit the 200's is when you really start to feel it.

The average human reaction is around 215 milliseconds. So if you have 215 ping you have pretty much doubled the reaction.

All that being said, the people with 80-120 ping are really hardly losing any time.

Edit:

I don't mean to be entirely rude here, but ghost mode is not a true FPS style. Its more like Hide and seek with guns and knives.

Don't get me wrong, some of the things people have learned and done in that are amazing, but especially GR side, most good SnD players can do just as good as your top GM players. Where as its not reciprocal with the GM players.

i agree with you completely. i have been in s&d clans since i started and while in momentum we scrimmed against lavender(supposedly a good gm clan) in laboratory and we 16-2ed them followed by a bunch of hackusating -.-
    ^now that is a cool story

Edit:

we both know that in theory: Yes 100ping = 0.1 seconds. in reality its completely different though, through bad coding or whatever, the reg in this game is very poor, and that 100 ping makes it feel more like 1.0 seconds than anything else. yes you can play with a 100+ ping, but the experience becomes less enjoyable and more pointless the higher you go. it gets a lot harder, you have to use more ammo to kill opponents, it takes longer to kill opponents.

as for your statement bout Snd, FPshooters and GM, yes a good SnDer could go into a GM and do reasonably well in a pub match. its not that hard. however if he tried going against a halfway decent GMer, he would probably get RickRolled. Point of fact, lookat our match VS Foe or Paradox- they got beaten, very beaten... and yes GM mode is still a FPS, albeit more in the style of say FEAR/Splinter Cell.

Edit:

120 Ping You do see Tanking a lot, Especially against the low pingers, I use AC in TD now, And i still find myself getting out shot by low pingers, who clearly can't aim.

To your point, about, SnD players can do as good as pro GM players..

2m2w3f9.jpg
    2d6obb4.jpg

Im sorry Paradox, Not tryna put your clan down, Just illustrating a point, was a good game.

Yes they did a lot better than a lot of GM clans do, as they can aim.

That wasn't close to our best team either

GM has a lot of skill, But since you think you are so almighty, We can arange a pub game, You and some nubs vs 8 PanTHerS/Kitties. We'll see if u pull of a positive score
    I didn't get destroyed, I have to play with 130-140 ping, with spikes most of the day, I dont go near SnD, Because i get outshot by spraying nubs with 40 ping. No i am not noob, i am a good SnD player.

If your trying to say, Every american is better than me, than that is bs. I used to host a server on CS:S, My american friends, who are really good, would come on, and i'd roll them every time, Because my registry was instant. But in any other server in America they would own me. Same with every other game. Anyone with half a brain would understand slower registry times = disadvantage.

Your devours point is a bit stupid... + With any ping, You dont normally tank AWP shots.
    I played with 300 ping on CFCN, sniping is easy..

Dont try and be smart either, It will be fun to see when UK server comes out. and it will be you w/ 100-130 ping, against all UK low pingers, w/ 30 pings. You can see what the hell we're talking about. Until then you haven't experienced it, So please stfu. :)

and / topic
    #

To ur latest point :

Just earlier there was a Ghost in GM, He had 8 Ping, He was running after me, as i was running backwards, (Close range) So i sprayed my M4 (38) Bullets, Some hs, mostly body hits, He wouldn't die, I hit him at least 20 times /w blood. I then pulled out deagle pulled of another few hits. then finally i got axe out and Right click'd him, In head, Saw blood. He then shovel'd me. I looked at Dmg sheet. I had some 38 dmg. The ****y ***** then made some joke about my aiming. This is why i hate low pingers so much.

Im going to record some GM Games soon, As this happens quite a lot. Especially when running backwards for some reason.

read what I said man, I never said all Americans are better then you, if you read what I said you would understand that I meant since there are more of them, there is a higher chance that you are going to have more highly skilled people.

Also, how is my devourz point stupid? People tank awm shots all the time, and he is a perfect example of a person playing with high ping doing very well using smarts and skills to kill. There's many other UK Riflers as well that are considered top riflers because they use smarts and skills and even though they might have that very slight ping disadvantage it doesn't get to them because they are actually SKILLED and don't have to rely ping excuses as to why they aren't doing good.

So, yes I will wait till UK Ser.... oh wait I've already played on JapCF with a high ping and I sucked up the ping disadvantage and use smarts to still own them. Suck it up, play the game and get over it. I guess I will "see me get owned" when UK server comes out. ahaha
  • Sure, lets try it. However, I want a better team if its going to be 8 good GM players. Give me some GM players on my team as well.
  • ibeasts wrote: »
    read what I said man, I never said all Americans are better then you, if you read what I said you would understand that I meant since there are more of them, there is a higher chance that you are going to have more highly skilled people.

Also, how is my devourz point stupid? People tank awm shots all the time, and he is a perfect example of a person playing with high ping doing very well using smarts and skills to kill. There's many other UK Riflers as well that are considered top riflers because they use smarts and skills and even though they might have that very slight ping disadvantage it doesn't get to them because they are actually SKILLED and don't have to rely ping excuses as to why they aren't doing good.

So, yes I will wait till UK Ser.... oh wait I've already played on JapCF with a high ping and I sucked up the ping disadvantage and use smarts to still own them. Suck it up, play the game and get over it. I guess I will "see me get owned" when UK server comes out. ahaha

CFJP Already has good reg/ Net coding.. This version has terrible net coding, and high ping makes this 10x worse. So it's not the same. My Reg is better on CFCN with 240 ping, Than on CFNA with 130 ping. So no you haven't experienced it. I can tell from low pingers montages how easy it is. I am seriously done arguing with you, I Know low ping is advantage so im not going to change opinion, and your stubborn like 90% of americans on this forum, So this is a pointless debate. You are clearly stupid if you think Instant reg is the same as 0.1 sec Reg, and is no advantage.

To the people who say i'm bad? Im hardly bad, Even with my ping i still do well. I jsut don't bother with competitive play, Since there is none. no.1 and the community sucks. No.2.

k well, Im going to leave this thread now, Your probably going to repeat your same single point over again, 1 Player with 120 ping, Is good.. So it's obviously fine.. Lawl.

Go onto some CS Forums, and make a post saying 'High Ping isn't a disadvantage' See what replies you get.
  • im just gonna say one thing and that is.... UK SERVER! ( shall have a ping of 15 =))

and bout cf japanese having good coding... well they are the most advanced technological nation in the world... hell my computer comes from there.

Go onto some CS Forums, and make a post saying 'High Ping isn't a disadvantage' See what replies you get.

You can't use that.

CS high ping makes it so you can't move/are elastic banding all over the place.
    CFJP Already has good reg/ Net coding.. This version has terrible net coding, and high ping makes this 10x worse. So it's not the same. My Reg is better on CFCN with 240 ping, Than on CFNA with 130 ping. So no you haven't experienced it. I can tell from low pingers montages how easy it is. I am seriously done arguing with you, I Know low ping is advantage so im not going to change opinion, and your stubborn like 90% of americans on this forum, So this is a pointless debate. You are clearly stupid if you think Instant reg is the same as 0.1 sec Reg, and is no advantage.

To the people who say i'm bad? Im hardly bad, Even with my ping i still do well. I jsut don't bother with competitive play, Since there is none. no.1 and the community sucks. No.2.

k well, Im going to leave this thread now, Your probably going to repeat your same single point over again, 1 Player with 120 ping, Is good.. So it's obviously fine.. Lawl.

I don't really care what you say, I have been in your situation with other games, I just used JapCF as an example. Its not hard to overcome the 0.1s delay time.

Ok, so you think with high ping you have it so hard, well low pingers get spikes too and I know its not very easy to play, while your spiking, but what my point was every single time, is that with a consistant 120-150 ping you just have to learn to play smarter and not worry about the ping difference, its not going to go away until UK server so stop bugging about it, I never said there was a no disadvantage with high ping, obviously there is but I was trying to say that its not a very big DISADVANTAGE and you have to learn to deal with it, and you always getting butthurt over it isn't going to help. If you really think its that big of a deal then just quit cf or stop being a little kid and deal with it.

GG.
    2m2w3f9.jpg
    2d6obb4.jpg

Im sorry Paradox, Not tryna put your clan down, Just illustrating a point, was a good game.

I Like how you post this screen shot of a ghost mode match, when we never play ghost mode.

But when we finally got you to play snd, ( after like 10 mins ) he RQ'd right when the game started leaving his other team mates to a 17-1
  • I Like how you post this screen shot of a ghost mode match, when we never play ghost mode.

But when we finally got you to play snd, ( after like 10 mins ) he RQ'd right when the game started leaving his other team mates to a 17-1

As i said, Im only illustrating a point, Please read his post.
    He said SnD players can do better/as good as GM players.

And no i didn't 'RQ' I was going to bed, They asked me to start the game. So i pressed Ready, Then cancel'd So you could Play.

@ibeasts : I do deal with it, When i see bs, for example your posts, Then im gonna throw in some facts. Clearly you have no idea what ur talking about.

@ Denxi: It's perfect example, We're not talking about 200+ Ping here, we're talking 'overseas' ping aka 100-150. 200+ Is advantage'd to some degree / Aka shooting through walls, Seeing you before we see them. and Tanking. 100-150 Has no advantage at all.

@ Kahlan. : 23i8ahj.jpg

rly proved your point with ur - k/d

Once again, I am not a noob, I do not blame ping all the time. I accept they're are a lot better players than me /American and EUs. But since you guys are too stupid / stubborn to realise Better Reg = Advantage.. Then im done here, (I know i said this before, But meh)
  • Clearly, your not reading my posts and your just saying stuff to make your self feel good.

I even said Better ping= advantage, but I said its not a big enough advantage to QQ about and that you are wasting your time with the topic. Please stop being a little kid and making useless arguements. High ping or not, still no excuse if you suck.

Don't reply.
    GG.
  • SND players can do as good as GM players.

I never play GM and in that screenshot, I was 14/7 and if you remmber the team said i was the only one trying. everyone was not..

Also, if you're going to run around invisible/spop/lag/shovel/axe

thenurbad
    120 Ping You do see Tanking a lot, Especially against the low pingers, I use AC in TD now, And i still find myself getting out shot by low pingers, who clearly can't aim.

To your point, about, SnD players can do as good as pro GM players..

2m2w3f9.jpg
    2d6obb4.jpg

Yes they did a lot better than a lot of GM clans do, as they can aim.

That wasn't close to our best team either

GM has a lot of skill, But since you think you are so almighty, We can arange a pub game, You and some nubs vs 8 PanTHerS/Kitties. We'll see if u pull of a positive score

lalala...

Crossfire20100109_0002.jpg

I wonder who raged?
    As i said, Im only illustrating a point, Please read his post.
    He said SnD players can do better/as good as GM players.

And no i didn't 'RQ' I was going to bed, They asked me to start the game. So i pressed Ready, Then cancel'd So you could Play.

@ibeasts : I do deal with it, When i see bs, for example your posts, Then im gonna throw in some facts. Clearly you have no idea what ur talking about.

@ Denxi: It's perfect example, We're not talking about 200+ Ping here, we're talking 'overseas' ping aka 100-150. 200+ Is advantage'd to some degree / Aka shooting through walls, Seeing you before we see them. and Tanking. 100-150 Has no advantage at all.

@ Kahlan. : 23i8ahj.jpg

rly proved your point with ur - k/d

Once again, I am not a noob, I do not blame ping all the time. I accept they're are a lot better players than me /American and EUs. But since you guys are too stupid / stubborn to realise Better Reg = Advantage.. Then im done here, (I know i said this before, But meh)

SHUT THE **** UP FFS..
    It's a game dumb ass.

I think it's funny, how you rqrq in a SND.. get good.
    All around, Para is better then you're clan kthx.