Best GMer NA?

Comments

• I'm on a BL list? dream come true :)

these are the ones who were fairly active starting mid 2015. NA only, not gonna include myself, no duplicates. also, can't help but be a little biased ;]

haven't seen any good "pinpointers" in forever, most good GR players aside from top 2 just spray in the direction of breath now(include myself). But it works.

GR: huge skill gap between 1,2 and 3-10 imo
    1. Banned
    2. Snake?
    3. LeftSyndrome
    4. Crude.
    5. Ludicrous
    6. Avarice-
    7. Pho? (only with hacks otherwise rly bad somehow)
    8. Afterlight?
    9. Multiii
    10. i[A]narchy (too inconsistent otherwise slightly higher)

BL:
    1. Z
    2. JudgeSim (60-0 with knife, 0-9 with axe so 2nd place)
    3. Blackninja
    4. Tu
    5. fake LeftSyndrome(razza)
    6. Cynical-
    7. MapleSyrup
    8. Piero
    9. TheSleepyfox (sober)
    10. Yash(dunno how he'd do with gp char/80 axe/no armor but still solid BL)

honorable mentions: Nelson, Sneaked, Infernoplex, AfterImage?, Retro, 2 and prob. more i'm forgetting
  • I'm on a BL list? dream come true :)

these are the ones who were fairly active starting mid 2015. NA only, not gonna include myself, no duplicates. also, can't help but be a little biased ;]

haven't seen any good "pinpointers" in forever, most good GR players aside from top 2 just spray in the direction of breath now(include myself). But it works.

GR: huge skill gap between 1,2 and 3-10 imo
    1. Banned
    2. Snake?
    3. LeftSyndrome
    4. Crude.
    5. Ludicrous
    6. Avarice-
    7. Pho? (only with hacks otherwise rly bad somehow)
    8. Afterlight?
    9. Multiii
    10. i[A]narchy (too inconsistent otherwise slightly higher)

BL:
    1. Z
    2. JudgeSim (60-0 with knife, 0-9 with axe so 2nd place)
    3. Blackninja
    4. Tu
    5. fake LeftSyndrome(razza)
    6. Cynical-
    7. MapleSyrup
    8. Piero
    9. TheSleepyfox (sober)
    10. Yash(dunno how he'd do with gp char/80 axe/no armor but still solid BL)

honorable mentions: Nelson, Sneaked, Infernoplex, AfterImage?, Retro, 2 and prob. more i'm forgetting

wow how could you forget your best cf friend :(

So many familiar names, miss them all.
  • Damn looking at these list I had some of the best/greatest GM players on my friend list..at least 25-30 of those ign have been on my list when they was active. And too think I turned down their clan invites back in the day, I could have been a legend..:( But I'll take it as an honor too not be mention because that was never my goal..:)
  • IHateXtrap wrote: »
    Damn looking at these list I had some of the best/greatest GM players on my friend list..at least 25-30 of those ign have been on my list when they was active. And too think I turned down their clan invites back in the day, I could have been a legend..:( But I'll take it as an honor too not be mention because that was never my goal..:)

Smoke1Sucks
  • Holy biscuit, its Pinetree... <3 and yes I do just was a lucky noob..:)
  • This is actually a great topic, no hate just honest opinions with relative information to back up claims. Good job guys, we're growing up :)

OT though, why has nobody mentioned Incursion/Ryan or Jewbacca? Sure they aren't the best of the best but I think they deserve a shoutout.
  • ItsTu wrote: »
    This is actually a great topic, no hate just honest opinions with relative information to back up claims. Good job guys, we're growing up :)

OT though, why has nobody mentioned Incursion/Ryan or Jewbacca? Sure they aren't the best of the best but I think they deserve a shoutout.

Yeah they were both good. I remember ryan got good around the same time as brad. Jew was like the first troll, Pizza copycat.
  • iAnarchy wrote: »
    Jew was like the first troll, Pizza copycat.

Billy wasn't the first nor was he the last, but nobody ever did it as well as me :)
  • Best moment in my crossfire career is being on a top 10 list and/or near a top 10 (ill take an honorable mention >.<). Does anyone even play this anymore? :c
  • Number_2 wrote: »
    Best moment in my crossfire career is being on a top 10 list and/or near a top 10 (ill take an honorable mention >.<). Does anyone even play this anymore? :c

I still play it. In fact, I only play GM unless I wanna do my daily mission. GM is pretty much dead, but I'll always play it until they remove it :D
    Best moment in my crossfire career is being on a top 10 list and/or near a top 10 (ill take an honorable mention >.<). Does anyone even play this anymore? :c
    better luck next time , and good Job :D
  • Good evening, brothers and sisters.

As you may have noticed, a thread of the same name was deleted earlier today.
    I saw this as an opportunity to re-create the thread I once made, with an updated opinion.

As of today, the best GMers are:
    You.

If you believe that you are the best, you will one day accomplish your goal, and for that reason, you are all the winners today.

Never give up and keep working hard my friends!

Have an amazing day everyone.

Ain't a way around it no more, I am the greatest
    A lotta *****s sat on the throne, I am the latest
    I am the bravest, go toe to toe with the giants
    I ain't afraid of you *****s, I'll end up fading you *****s
    'Fore it's all said and done, this ***** need medicine
    My uzi, it weighed a ton, I need me a better gun
    In fact I just might need two, cause *****s say they the one
    And I got something to prove
    Forgive me lord here they come, BLAOOW
  • lBanned wrote: »
    some sick players both sides id mention after years of playin srry only came up with 6 :( will change if i rmember people xppp
    6. fer aka tyga (lot better on gr b4 they added bd lols)
    5. idkmuddled (seems to clutch 10/10 when he modem spikes/taps, not as good after he stopped doing that. shots)
    4.5. wayne aka stealth aka excision aka w/e (top notch player for a month or two)
    4. kingrazza aka tknifer (sick both sides)
    3.5. Tu aka Ti aka SaucyOG (still god both sides if he works off rust)
    3. pinetree (funny judge said we were similar because i always thought his gr was sick so ty judge<3)
    2. judgesim (used to be sick but kind of fallen off :/)
    1. z (will he ever fall out of his prime? idk havent played with him in awhile but sick gr even sicker bl :))

honorable mention: frozenpizza you want this a hole 2 bottom frag tourny then come QQ on forums actin like u then talk sh behind ur back months later this guy ur guy snake

replace wayne with brad and you have an accurate list my friend.
  • mingler best player NA hhhhh

Damn a fan all the way from 2010, long time no see haha ;)
  • these are the toughest opponents i have encountered. tried my best not to be biased. scroll slowly to prevent spoilers!
    • players can't be on both BL and GR. only one.
    • must be known to be 100% legit
    • players must've been active and at the top of their game for at least 6 months
    • opinion. we've all seen different players do different things. or haven't seen some players at all. so our experiences are different.
    • i'm na so it's an na server list. some uk players are mentioned because they played in na. (no uk server back then)
    • since no one is perfect, i left unconstructive criticism for each ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Black List

11) Saintnooby: was a uk player that thrived in 2009, 2010. he liked to act like he was the best. he wasn't far from it. he was skillful with the knife, fast bunny hop, he was always moving. big part of ghost mode at the time with his forum activity and leading clans like hello kitties which was a top 3 gm clan in a time with a bucket full of gm clans.

what slowed him? his biggest weakness was himself. i know that's cliche, but he was scared of losing. so much so, he would just shovel/armour when things got tough. or he avoided the situation altogether. it's like he lacked confidence in himself. if he would swallow his pride, take a loss to improve, he could be higher on this list. he certainly had the raw skill. a hundred name changes, along with playing other modes instead, likely prevents more people from knowing him.

10) [N]ight: the Pan[th]erS west coast legend that wreaked havoc in 09-11. so many people respected him. people talked about him on the forums a lot. he may have had the whole package. high general BL skill, patience, great attitude, modest, Could rock out with knife/GP gear, good at GR,

what could have boosted him? more exposure. i'd like to have seen more of him in the regular servers. he was rare to find in clan wars and didn't play in any competitions.

9) sorrybyebye: speaking of old players with a lot of respect. this guy was some one i really looked up to during my 2009 undead elite times. many others idolized him too. he was the first clear-cut beast with the knife that i seen. watching him play, he was just so much better than me. i wanted to be like him. he would sneak around lost relics then attack from above. or he would chase you around the whole map on lab ignoring every one else. he made ghost mode scary and exciting. very unique style for the time. excellent bunny hop.

why isn't he higher? he would get so nervous in matches vs strong opponents. he wouldn't play the same way that made him great. also the discovery of ZP. he was elite when he was knifing, but i believe he became a lazier player after he bought up the ZP store. it changed him.

8) Fer: what made him so great was his relentlessness. his Bunny hop made it so you weren't safe anywhere. his knife skills at the time of 2012-2013 were among the best. he's one of the most fun players to play against. he brings the same scary excitement that sorrybyebye brought. when you get hit by a knife, you panic, you shoot, you wonder where he went, now you're right into the game. this frantic gameplay is what really got me into ghost mode. high skill players like fer make the game fun. when you get hit by any other melee, you're dead. there's no suspense. you didn't see or hear anything. you're just dead, now you wait.

why isn't he higher? he needed to put a little more thought into his play. he's a classic rusher. when something isn't working, he didn't change his style. high ping and a dozen name changes doesn't help either.

7) Blackninja: has improved so much from when i first played with him. and he keeps getting better each tournament. if he keeps it up, it's scary to think what he might become in the future. in 2012, he wasn't really noticeable. from 2015+, he's perhaps the best among active BL players. thanks to sick bunny hopping and great offensive instincts, he can really carry a game. the scores this guy produces in tourney matches is incredible.

can he crack top 5? absolutely. blackninja's axe is crazy good. but the above players were all elite knifers too. which is something i haven't seen out of him yet. it's the true test of skill.

6) Luke: from 2009-2012, he was in all the big ghost mode clans. (invisible, eliminate, pan[th]ers, hellokitties, entropy etc). Raw vietnamese skill best describes luke. the viets dominated ghost mode in those times. they were just so far ahead of every one else. luke was a top 4 BL performer in the knife only tourney despite being largely inactive. he's also had other great performances in competitions. it's his ability to keep bunny-hop momentum while navigating cluttered terrain that impressed me most. who knows what his ign is now days but you'd only see him once every 6 months.

does he have a downfall? luke's happy/joking attitude makes for a fun atmosphere. but the "it's only a game" approach makes me wonder how good he could've been if he played more seriously.

5) Gringobird: there was a time when general consensus was he was the best BL player in the game roughly 2011-2013. to me, he kind of came out of nowhere. but he was consistently in beast mode. his bunny hop was next-level. you wouldn't see him, you couldn't hear him coming, and he wouldn't miss. what a nightmare. surprisingly intense GR too. might see him rep the Stalkers name once every couple months.

he's got the skill of a legend. but is he? to some i'm sure. i'd really like to have seen him play in competitions. even seeing him in clan wars was rare. even though he just pubbed, you could tell just by watching how good he was.

4) BBack: he went almost a year before being noticed. he was always a good player but went under the radar by almost every one somehow. until 2012 when he broke out with NunsWithGuns. perhaps BL's MVP in talon's tournament. quick knife slasher, awesome axe too. very aggressive player. consistent. likes to chase with bunny hop. doesn't really play anymore, but that's the story with most of these BL players.

any flaws in his game? nope. honestly, i could never find any. i think he truly reached his peak. he's only #4 just because the remaining 3 players have insane skill.

3) -JSx: this guy was so good, he reached legendary status while he was still playing. think about the amount of people playing in 2009-2010. the uk-viet was considered by many on the forums to be the best BL, by others to be 2nd best. and no one in their right mind would put him below #3 at that time. he had it all. unseen bunny hop skills, precision accuracy. he was only 13/14 so you know he had lightning reflexes. he left ghost mode to become an impactful SnD pro.

why isn't he #1? his ghost mode stay was too ******* i wouldn't be surprised if nobody these days knows who he is. when you factor his time played and equal skill to the next 2 players, #3 makes sense.

2) chingroarz: if there was an overall top player list, ching would have a superb case for being #1 all-time. and the forum community from the glory days would likely back that up. he's had so many great rivalries. (darkboss/hell, saintnooby, blackwater, Z etc) he was always front and center in the attention without even speaking much. ching was the most feared player on both sides for a long time. a fast play style, ruthless aggression, great clutch ability was only part of his skill-set.

any negatives? the only thing you could nitpick about ching is his attitude. sometimes he would get grudgey or stubborn over little things. this may not seem like a big deal.
    until he quits in the middle of a tournament match because you said the wrong thing. (yes that's happened)

1)-Z-: you don't see many people win a ghost mode tournament in 2 different versions of crossfire. there's so much more to Z than just talent. he plays with strategy and leadership.
    he clutches seemingly at will. it's fitting that the best player is so approachable and friendly. his carry game is jaw-dropping. i don't know how he does it, but i wouldn't tell you if i knew.

could he improve? doubt it. the only thing that holds him back is high ping. yeah sure, he can tank your bullets sometimes. but until you play in real matches with 160 ping,
    you won't understand how hard it is to compete against low pingers.

Global Risk

11) Dagnasty: there were so many choices to put here at #11. there's a lot of good GR players. tough decision. but i like my choice with Dag because of his accomplishments. he was a savior in the 2012 tournament and was solid in ocg despite all the rust. he was a somewhat rare example of a player that could actually aim, even at long range, with precision, rather than spray and pray. if you got hit once, you weren't likely to get away. those Qc's have a unique skill-set in video games kind of like asians do.

what held him back? his age. i know that may sound funny because he was only in his late 20s. but as you get older, your ears get damaged and your reflexes become slower. there's not much you can do about that. you'll have to take my word ;) i'm feeling the effects now.

10) Saintmalice: 2009 hellokitty sharpshooter. sniping while being a positive factor on your team in ghost mode. it's generally not very effective aside from the first 5 seconds of the round. but saintmalice would awm even in clan wars and still cause anxiety to the unfortunate. his aim was good enough to go on to be a professional SnD player. when he did rifle, he had total control of the spray.

but? he didn't hear as far as others on this list.

9) Mystic: invisible's GR carry. he knew how to rack up the kills and he was consistent in doing that. low ping, good hearing range, and plenty of bullets fired is the key here.

weaknesses? there's no glaring issue. just doesn't quite have the raw skill of the others here.

8) Leftsyndrome: this evil glory-era thorn made you change the way you played vs him. when you're a ghost, you always assume you'll tank a couple bullets and be okay. but that doesn't work on leftsyndrome. the combination of a tiny ping and fast pinpointing always surprised you at how fast he kills you. it's instant. 100hp to 0 in .5 seconds. you can't react. so you go for an all in attack. or you let some one else deal with him. he's one of those people that are naturally gifted at every game they pick up.

improvements: he got agitated easily. if he would stay relaxed and keep focus, he would be even better.

7) Sinlong: another 2009-2010 viet monster. the darkboss/hell product wasn't around long, but he did make an impact. his competition performances were of mvp caliber and he was always top in clan matches. this is even more impressive back then because EQ settings weren't really a thing back then. or maybe they were and he just never told anybody.

why not higher? despite great success, name changes, no social activity, and an early exit from ghost mode, prevent him from being well known except to the most involving gm players.

6) genius8023: chinese powerhouse. tk's friendly personality doesn't match his play style. you aren't safe anywhere on the map. this guy's spray is random and so heavy. most people shoot about 10-15 bullets at their target. but genius would empty his whole clip every time. if he hears you, you'll get 35 bullets your way even if you don't get hit right away. the chinese have inhuman spray control too. so if you do get hit early, you aren't escaping. he also played with high intensity and a ton of map movement.

negatives: he didn't play in any competitions. so one can't 100% know how he'd measure up to others.

4b and 4a) Pinetree and Banned: they're both #4 to me. i can't think of one without the other even though they are different people. they have similar strengths and weaknesses, so i'm putting them together or i'd end up doing a copy/paste. banned and pinetree have all the tools of an elite GR player. quick reflexes, spot-on pinpointing, heavy shooting, high intensity but most importantly, safe positioning. they won't let you get a free swing at them. you have to work hard to even get close to them.

improvement: they also shared a similar imperfection: their unwillingness to go to the dirty areas. what i mean by that is i rarely see them fight over the c4. they're always in a safe spot even while some one is defusing. they won't defuse themselves if there's a fraction of a chance they'll die. banned and pinetree often have a pretty score. but instead of going 15-2, i'd like to see them take a 13-4 to squeeze out a potential extra couple round wins.

3) 365.day he was everything you'd expect a high-skill chinese player to be. laser aiming, complete weapon control, ridiculous kill time, plenty of shots fired, twitchy reflexes, consistent efforts. this is the kind of player you'd think was cheating because he does things we just can't do.

what not higher? i feel like he didn't leave behind a legacy like other players here. do people know 365day? other than playing for stalkers in 2012's tournament, he wasn't in any big ghost mode clans. i've never seen him speak english publicly. he was very low-key.

2) Snake?: snake's been around a long time. but only from late 2013 and on have i discovered how effective he is. not sure what made him break out. but now, i would take him on my GR team before any one else. he's had multiple tournaments where he's put up unbelievable scores. the carry game is super real here. it has to be his map awareness and positioning that makes him so great. he's great at blocking entrances to sites. you must choose between death or going somewhere else. snake's game has more brain to it than skill.

negatives? people don't seem to fear him. he doesn't seem to get much recognition either. i don't know why. maybe it's because he screws around in pubs or listens to music. perhaps he should dominate pubs the way he does tournaments so he can open more eyes.

1) Sun*: an early era viet that took a year to gain steam. in 2011 he was the most feared active player. he dominated pubs using high intensity and being places where it's hard to reach him. he would pick the fights where he wants, not where you want. game-sense. he could hear far, he had the accuracy. one of those players that could play both sides at an elite level.

could he improve? i'm nitpicking. he could've fired more bullets. the meta these days is pretty much hold left click.

That made me think back in 2009-2011 when all I did was play GM. I remember most of those guys. Miss lots of them.

Ghost mode is the best mode in this game imo. I hope they invest more in it in the future.
  • Best GMer's of 2017...

FrozenPizza
    Nocturnal
    flexpose

Literally haven't seen anybody else really play that can impress me.
  • ConsOrAlex wrote: »
    Best GMer's of 2017...

FrozenPizza
    Nocturnal
    flexpose

thatsss stereotypesssss (nocturnalxfrozenpizza hasnt performed anything 2017 and inactive :( sorry mentor)

best gmers 2017:
    Terryaki
    Scout (macrocoughmacro)
    flexaa
    flexpose
    infernoplex
  • ConsOrAlex wrote: »
    Best GMer's of 2017...

FrozenPizza
    Nocturnal
    flexpose

ty bby but I haven't played enough to justify that.

For me best of 2017 (NA) would be Infernoplex, Maple, flexpose, and flexfuego
  • ty bby but I haven't played enough to justify that.

For me best of 2017 (NA) would be Infernoplex, Maple, flexpose, and flexfuego

Pffftttt hours don't count, the fact that you can 1v4 where as 99% of this community can't is why you there <3
  • thatsss stereotypesssss (nocturnalxfrozenpizza hasnt performed anything 2017 and inactive :( sorry mentor)

lol paul and i only try in bio game vs conner and mitch cause i didnt wanna lose to mitch :) paul literally say b4 game okay lets actually try and rip these kids so i said sure lets do it :)
  • man, banned will ****ing 1v999999999 all golden hs hes the goat
  • man, banned will ****ing 1v999999999 all golden hs hes the goat

duh lol not like im gonna try vs the bussy smurfs we played every other game XD
    duh lol not like im gonna try vs the bussy smurfs we played every other game XD

hehehehe, stll though where is the video????????
  • hehehehe, stll though where is the video????????

didnt save cause im a rebel :3

that turns me on

when u realize judgesim grouped u and ur alt on the same rank
  • -a new ghost moder has entered the thread-

o-o