From the Ashes!

140515_cfna_mayupdate_z8games.jpg

Attention Mercenaries!

Rise up from the Ashes and join us in Phoenix Time!

This May Update heralds a New Age of TDM!

New Weapons
M4A1 - Phoenix
Gatling Gun - Magma
Knuckle - Magma
Sterling - Magma - Available only through Events!
Silver Grenade

New Map and Mode!

Bridge - A new way to play TDM, that introduces Phoenix Time!

Before each game ends, the Bridge is carpet bombed and Phoenix Time Begins.
There are no deaths, no re-spawns, limited ammo, and no gun switches!
Focus on CQC combat in order to achieve the win.
You will still receive damage and kills and deaths are counted, but you cannot die!

A New Room Search - Searching and Joining games has been made easier!
Try the new search function located right under "Select Room"!

Update Events!

Click the Banners for Full Details!
140505_cfna_flarecrate_cfhomepage.jpg
140512_sterling_magma_cfhome.jpg
140505_NoDeadNoRespawn_cfhome.jpg

**Patch Notes**

- Improved Room Sorting
- Intrusion Coin Bug Fixed
- Wave Mode Class Bug in Progress:
- A fix was given, but if issues still occur, please send support tickets.
- Temporary Fix is located Here.
- Valkyrie Lab door bug fixed
- Scar Liquid Metal Crate bug fixed

Comments

• Ha. Ahaha. That reskinned ship map though...

So much for them putting any effort into anything anymore.
  • Wow yeah, this patch is not so great.
    People really hope it's a new ZM map! (I never buy reskins, let alone if you have m4 iron beast > don't waste money on collecting original m4's with reskins)

Well I'll just end up not playing until next month and read a bunch of visual novels for the time being...
  • very POOOR update.. i dont spend ZP for reskined guns... and that rewards? are you kidding me :_DDD for 3 perm weapons only 30 day sterling? :DDDDD good luck for all which will be loose money for this update....
  • An Update for ZP Players Not Gaming Ones.

So to me it's useless, Sorry.
  • Two more weapons for part 2 of the patch? VIP preorder soon?
  • BOOOOOO...

Ok, the map and mode might be kind of fun- can't tell yet, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

But everything else? Waste of time. Re-skins, crappy temporary deals, and more useless 7-day stuff. Instead of doing that, why not update the items on the website Mall? Or maybe actually put a f***ing rank system on that mini shooting game- "Coming soon". REALLY?!? Soon for me means less than 3 years...

Disappointing. Although I am glad to see that you're taking yourselves a little more seriously concerning server down-time.
  • Just that Dafuuq?

Good luck to these chinese kids that might get crazy to buy zp and probably fail in winning this items,
    I am Part of the working class "the most important class in society"
    i am not spending my hard earned money on this.
    RIPOFF
  • Very Very Awful patch... not spending ZP...
  • So you are telling me I'm going to have to spend hundreds of dollars on crates to win not 1, but 3 crate guns within the span of 4 DAYS to get the sterling magma for ONLY 30 DAYS. GG Z8. Brilliant marketing scheme, but come not everyone has 500 dollars to spend on a "Free2play" game.

good joke Z8. Good F'ing joke.
  • seafrog wrote: »
    BOOOOOO...

Ok, the map and mode might be kind of fun- can't tell yet, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

But everything else? Waste of time. Re-skins, crappy temporary deals, and more useless 7-day stuff. Instead of doing that, why not update the items on the website Mall? Or maybe actually put a f***ing rank system on that mini shooting game- "Coming soon". REALLY?!? Soon for me means less than 3 years...

Disappointing. Although I am glad to see that you're taking yourselves a little more seriously concerning server down-time.
    i Still have hope there is still 2 weapons unlocked for part 2 my hope is Kukri Vip or at least a new coupon gun
    THATS PERMANENT IDC IF ITS 200 COUPONS.
  • EMXeon wrote: »
    i Still have hope there is still 2 weapons unlocked for part 2 my hope is Kukri Vip or at least a new coupon gun
    THATS PERMANENT IDC IF ITS 200 COUPONS.

I wouldn't count on it- "save the best for last" is all fine and good in everyday life, but in the marketing world, you ALWAYS want your clients to know the best you have to offer. But they might have a perm....maybe.

Im a lower working class guy as well- given that I already frivolously spend money on this artificial reality, I would think Z8 would have the decency to give us some good customer "bonus's" once in awhile. Especially considering many of them are Canadian. I'm starting to think Canadian nicety is a myth....
  • We should have a "win 10 crate weapons and get a 1 day knife you zp buying nubs!" event. xD
  • Wait... I got a better idea for an event. "Survive 5 games without getting killed by hackers. And get a chance to win a 30 day golden M16, when you buy 400K zp". That would be cool. xD
  • Eghhhh... this update is a big dissapointment i dont want to waste money on re skinned weapons that been in the game awhile now. Game mode seems cool though, and the 30 day sterling deal uhh not so great jeez atleast make it perm. Anyways still gonna play but not a big fan of spending money on this stuff.
  • Eghhhh... this update is a big dissapointment i dont want to waste money on re skinned weapons that been in the game awhile now. Game mode seems cool though, and the 30 day sterling deal uhh not so great jeez atleast make it perm. Anyways still gonna play but not a big fan of spending money on this stuff.

But Amard, that's the whole problem. As customers, we shouldn't have to settle for Z8's mediocre care. Ask anyone in retail- the customer is ALWAYS right. ALWAYS. I know that online gaming is different from retail, but the fact remains that we pay for services, and are therefore customers.

And just so people don't think I'm being mean to the Mods- I'm sure they work hard, but if they aren't the ones making these patch decisions, then THEY need to communicate our dissatisfaction to the people who DO make those decisions. They need to let their boss's know that what's happening right now isn't cutting it, and that they need to step up their game (pun intended).
  • BOMBCITY ZM Map

Do u know how long CFCH has had bombcity zm map and I was hopeing this update we would get it.NOT.Sad update...stop with the new modes and give us some new maps to the newer modes we got / the more popular modes.A huge map update would be a lot more popular then this.And stop re-skinning the same old tired weapons...if u came out with some new guns people would spend money on zp...wonder how many skins to the m4 there is.....old news..blah another month we got to wait...the hacks r back.I was hopeing for some improvements from Juicebox? maybe we will see
  • Great suggestions Fluid- if only they were heeded by Z8
    But Amard, that's the whole problem. As customers, we shouldn't have to settle for Z8's mediocre care. Ask anyone in retail- the customer is ALWAYS right. ALWAYS. I know that online gaming is different from retail, but the fact remains that we pay for services, and are therefore customers.

And just so people don't think I'm being mean to the Mods- I'm sure they work hard, but if they aren't the ones making these patch decisions, then THEY need to communicate our dissatisfaction to the people who DO make those decisions. They need to let their boss's know that what's happening right now isn't cutting it, and that they need to step up their game (pun intended).

I agree with this post. I have been playing crossfire since 2009 and I have mostly lurked since then. Since then, speed hackers have only been on the increase. I quit two years ago because I couldn't seem to play a game without someone who was instant knife head shotting entire teams in T.D and S&D...then you play escape mode and some speed hacker runs right to the escape area and you cant kill them.

Z8 should be focusing on ways to prevent hackers from creating multiple accounts to hack with. Yes, I know they had posted that they have started using a solution to prevent the creation of new accounts being made solely to hack with...IT'S NOT WORKING. Either the program was a failure or they focused on it for some time, then spent the rest of the time simply releasing new content like this patch.

Crossfire has enough weapons for now...Z8 should be working on new solutions to lower the amount of hackers so that people who DO buy ZP can use it and not be disrupted by hackers.

Anyways this patch is pretty pointless besides the new map and is just another money grab... I'll stick with my plain m4a1 with the exact same stats as the m4-Phoenix. I could care less about some colours on my gun, they wont improve my game play.
  • Lol wtf dude
    ***000051 wrote: »
    Wait... I got a better idea for an event. "Survive 5 games without getting killed by hackers. And get a chance to win a 30 day golden M16, when you buy 400K zp". That would be cool. xD

Hahahahaha nice one dude
    No wonder they will do this in the future
    lOL
  • And the map is ship with some helos added lmao.......serious...most worn out map of all and u guys just re-skin it and add a wave mode event to call it a new mode.wow
  • I agree with this post. I have been playing crossfire since 2009 and I have mostly lurked since then. Since then, speed hackers have only been on the increase. I quit two years ago because I couldn't seem to play a game without someone who was instant knife head shotting entire teams in T.D and S&D...then you play escape mode and some speed hacker runs right to the escape area and you cant kill them.

Z8 should be focusing on ways to prevent hackers from creating multiple accounts to hack with. Yes, I know they had posted that they have started using a solution to prevent the creation of new accounts being made solely to hack with...IT'S NOT WORKING. Either the program was a failure or they focused on it for some time, then spent the rest of the time simply releasing new content like this patch.

Crossfire has enough weapons for now...Z8 should be working on new solutions to lower the amount of hackers so that people who DO buy ZP can use it and not be disrupted by hackers.

Anyways this patch is pretty pointless besides the new map and is just another money grab... I'll stick with my plain m4a1 with the exact same stats as the m4-Phoenix. I could care less about some colours on my gun, they wont improve my game play.

I agree with you in that that is probably the most important issue to all players currently. I would even go so far as to say that if Z8 had ONLY updated the security to where it effectively blocked almost all hackers, and hadn't bothered with anything else, people would be thrilled.
  • Guys..u have to give credit for one thing...the last update was the most effective anti-cheat ever...loads of bans and 3 weeks w/o a hack..Yea they are back but z8 did a great job on the last update when it comes to anti-cheat....its a constant battle to stay ahead of the hacks but I give them cudos for the last update againsts the hacks.
    I agree with you in that that is probably the most important issue to all players currently. I would even go so far as to say that if Z8 had ONLY updated the security to where it effectively blocked almost all hackers, and hadn't bothered with anything else, people would be thrilled.

I know if z8 had done that, I'd be absolutely ecstatic right now. Hell, I wouldn't even complain about the game being down for 4 going on 5 hours. I'm sick of getting hacked on in knife matches and then being unable to kick the hacker because the laggers and noobs won't or don't know how to press f11.

And another thing that would be appreciated? Some way to prevent being kicked from a room due to being the only non foreigner playing. Last time I checked, this was crossfire NORTH AMERICA.
  • Getting this whenever I try to launch the game...

xtrap.png
This discussion has been closed.