The Ghosts will Rise Again!

Comments

• Saidin a few question,

UK clan server is obviously counted to play on right.........right?

When it's 5v5, lets say it becomes 5v4 or 5v1 because the other team member RQ or dc etc.
    Does the other team still get the winning match?

imo it should, to bad for the team but hehe life isn't fair deal with it.(Yep if it happens to me to to bad for me)
    And I another thing about that I mostly notice people RQ halfway when the are losing in GM/any mod because the are just bunch of pathetic nubs that can't handle another round of getting ownd.
    You said that will not count as a win towards the team that is winning if the other team leaves halfway

Can't than just anybody leave if the are losing and it will be repeat by everybody and nobody will be able to finish a game so nobody is winning a match in the end?
  • Saidin a few question,

UK clan server is obviously counted to play on right.........right?

When it's 5v5, lets say it becomes 5v4 or 5v1 because the other team member RQ or dc etc.
    Does the other team still get the winning match?

imo it should, to bad for the team but hehe life isn't fair deal with it.(Yep if it happens to me to to bad for me)
    And I another thing about that I mostly notice people RQ halfway when the are losing in GM/any mod because the are just bunch of pathetic nubs that can't handle another round of getting ownd.
    You said that will not count as a win towards the team that is winning if the other team leaves halfway

Can't than just anybody leave if the are losing and it will be repeat by everybody and nobody will be able to finish a game so nobody is winning a match in the end?

Yup, Clan Server on the UK as well!

Yes, Disconnects which end in the match having below 8 people will result in the match not being counted. This isn't necessarily a good thing, but its the best and easiest way for us to do it. It's sort of a "tough luck" deal.

The end of the match has to finish with at least 8 people to count. If the game is 5v5 and ends 5v4 the match will still count. (again "tough luck")

Rage quits are a bit harder to police. We have a minimum games set to 10 so that it at least forces people to play 1 half + 1 round. There may not be anything we can do about rage quitting before the first half. We're going to monitor the games during the first few days to get a sense for the best step to address any potential problems.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    z8_forum_banner_Ghost.jpg

Attention all Elite Stealth Troops!

But we aren't stopping there. We are also holding the March of the Ghosts II: Clan Tournament and Ghost Mode Event!

Compete on the Clan Server throughout the month of march in Ghost Mode games and fight for an exclusive can't-be-bought Permanent Gold Katana!

Permanent Gold Katana!

My reaction

mainblown.jpg
    MIND=BLOWN

I will certainly be playing with my clan.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Yup, Clan Server on the UK as well!

Yes, Disconnects which end in the match having below 8 people will result in the match not being counted. This isn't necessarily a good thing, but its the best and easiest way for us to do it. It's sort of a "tough luck" deal.

The end of the match has to finish with at least 8 people to count. If the game is 5v5 and ends 5v4 the match will still count. (again "tough luck")

Rage quits are a bit harder to police. We have a minimum games set to 10 so that it at least forces people to play 1 half + 1 round. There may not be anything we can do about rage quitting before the first half. We're going to monitor the games during the first few days to get a sense for the best step to address any potential problems.

Ah ok, and 1 more question.
    Do only 5 peeps get the katana if win the final or do all clan members get it if the played and won more than 10+ cw games?

I thought yes since it's a clan event thing I expect the all get the katana if the got 10+ cw wins.

But just to be sure can you confirm that?
  • NanoCooper wrote: »
    Always in March !

The Exams periods ><

Seriously, every years it's like this, awesome event in a period where I can't play ><
    This :(
    Ah ok, and 1 more question.
    Do only 5 peeps get the katana if win the final or do all clan members get it if the played and won more than 10+ cw games?

I thought yes since it's a clan event thing I expect the all get the katana if the got 10+ cw wins.

But just to be sure can you confirm that?
    Everyone in the winning clan who played at least 10 GM Games on clan server will get it.
  • I got a question @saidin
    how do you participate? you just have to play ghost mode 4 vs 4?
    Is it just gambling or is it who played the most? because u can just farm till the end :)
  • GM errors

Better fix those annoying client errors first huh?

Errors making it nearly impossible to actually finish Ghost Mode matches these days.

It's doing my head in.... your in the lead, you're gonna get the ace, then -Boom- client error and you're out.

I see this happening to other players in nearly every GM match now. Please do something about this, it's ruining ghost mode.
  • I know, making it too easy to get the katana is not good, but making it THAT f***ing rare xD
    only about 50 players in whoe CF NA will get one, so I think this is nothing, everybody will enjoy...
    Since there are enough pro GM clans in CF there will be about 5 or 10 clans which got members, who will get the chance to get under the best 3 at all, the rest has anywqay no chance aganst the really pro clans in GM :/

I don´t want to destroy everybodys hope, but it is impossible to get if, if your not in a GM only clan placed under the top 20 or something ... :(
  • Z8Games reserves the right to review the records, rosters and status of all participating clans for malicious behavior including hacking, and ladder manipulation including 'farming wins', and refuse a prize if deemed appropriate.
    Yes, sure. Same as Clan Supremacy Winners? 90 % players without HR.
  • plz tell me some one the new ribbon i will get when i play mode ghost total 30h.so it must warclan or no?ty
  • lollekers wrote: »
    I got a question @saidin
    how do you participate? you just have to play ghost mode 4 vs 4?
    Is it just gambling or is it who played the most? because u can just farm till the end :)
    Yep you just got to play some 4vs4 GM Cws with your clan. (minimum of 30 cws from March 1st too 31st.
    As Saidin said they will take a look if people are farming those cws.
    Z8Games reserves the right to review the records, rosters and status of all participating clans for malicious behavior including hacking, and ladder manipulation including 'farming wins', and refuse a prize if deemed appropriate.[]
  • uDream wrote: »
    Yep you just got to play some 4vs4 GM Cws with your clan. (minimum of 30 cws from March 1st too 31st.
    As Saidin said they will take a look if people are farming those cws.
    Z8Games reserves the right to review the records, rosters and status of all participating clans for malicious behavior including hacking, and ladder manipulation including 'farming wins', and refuse a prize if deemed appropriate.
    Fail quote .-.
  • Blah, I won't even try it, I hate Ghost Mode :(
  • So, clear this up for me. Talon's GM tournament and this March of the Ghosts II are two different competitions?
  • picokurva wrote: »
    plz tell me some one the new ribbon i will get when i play mode ghost total 30h.so it must warclan or no?ty
    Any server/channel.
  • To address a couple points in the last few posts.

Yes everyone in the clan will get the item, in order to impose some minimum requirement so that afk accounts will not receive the prize you must play a minimum of 10 GM Games on the Clan Server during the month of march.

Considering the clan as a whole needs to play at least 30 games to qualify their record we feel that these two stipulations should impose enough requirements to get rid of a large majority of afkers and people who won't "earn" the reward.

To Participate in this event all you need to do is be in a clan of more than 5 people and play (at least 4v4) Ghost Mode games on the Clan Server.

You can check your clans record of valid games on the event page, and we'll be making some announcements throughout the month. Otherwise all the tracking for this is done automatically by our Clan System and database. Once we have the winners we'll review them, announce them and have them play a 1 game playoff for the Final Prize. (if either of the clans don't show then we will use the records to award the prizes)

To the person who thought 90% of the Clan Supremacy winners were hackers, you are incorrect. While a few people were banned and didn't get prizes because of that, the winning clans had plenty of people who played who don't hack. Note that you don't always lose your HS ribbon for hacking.
  • Hezzi wrote: »
    So, clear this up for me. Talon's GM tournament and this March of the Ghosts II are two different competitions?

Yes, this one is only on Clan Server.
    So, clear this up for me. Talon's GM tournament and this March of the Ghosts II are two different competitions?

Yes, that is correct.

Talon is doing a very specific event and we are helping out with some prizes.

The Ghost Mode event that we are running has the advantage of being able to include ALL clans (if they choose to participate) and is played on the Clan Server. But the disadvantage is that with such a large pool we can't do very specific rule sets like Talon has.

Everyone is welcomed and encouraged to participate in both! :)
  • Alright so that's cool.

Time to buy LA SWATS, armor, and 10000000 patriot crates.

Our team gonna win.
  • Another question, so how many GM clan wars will be counted for this event? 30, right?

Getting 30-0 in a month isn't hard, especially if you find easy clans to destroy..

What if there are like 10 clans that all had a W/L record of 30-0?
    Another question, so how many GM clan wars will be counted for this event? 30, right?

Getting 30-0 in a month isn't hard, especially if you find easy clans to destroy..

What if there are like 10 clans that all had a W/L record of 30-0?

30 is the minimum number of games the clan has to play to be counted for a win%.

With an expected win% that is very high we have to include tie breaks. So match points and clan points will be used to break ties. And while this does give an advantage to larger clans, larger clans who play more games on the clan server with multiple teams also run the risk of losing more win%.

Also 100% win% clans who are 30-0 will likely get looked at for farming or hacking etc. It's entirely possible to do that, but a clan going 30-0 is going to at least raise a caution flag.
  • Oh so we could play as much GM CWs as we want, but in order to at least be a competition for other clans, we need to have more than a perfect W/L.. Meaning we have to play tons and tons of clan wars to compete with other clans and still maintain a high W/L.
  • Dam... I won't play this year, so I'll miss this event :(
  • I guess my thread did help as I suggested having a Gold Katana. Sadly it wasn't for BP points nor coupons.
    Oh so we could play as much GM CWs as we want, but in order to at least be a competition for other clans, we need to have more than a perfect W/L.. Meaning we have to play tons and tons of clan wars to compete with other clans and still maintain a high W/L.

This is correct. This isn't an elimination tournament with rounds. Think of this as a mini Ghost Mode 1 month league.

At the end we'll see 2 clans be at the top of the league. Then from there they can play a one match playoff to see who will win the Katana.
  • GodsGunman told me that in compensation for removing the permanent Axe, you'll do GM events to revive Ghost Mode.

Saidin, you're true to your word :o

Haven't said it yet so I will now,

Good job Saidin, fantastic event!
This discussion has been closed.