Esg

any news?
other than the league icon.
«134

Comments

  • JaakkeJaakke Holy Mage
    Nope none so far, polleus said its supposed to start late January.
  • they have their AC almost ready, and will be looking for testers. read their facebook page.
  • We're working on it, lol. I can't share a lot. As I said on Facebook, look in the first quarter of 2012. January may or may not happen depending on the speed at which things get finished. We are still on track, nothing has stalled per say. There are some aspects that are taking longer than originally planned, which is why I said we were "aiming" for January. We are still definitely releasing in CF, so that's not an issue. Sometimes plans don't always go as you originally intended them to go :P
  • what happens if you say "a lot"
  • We're working on it, lol. I can't share a lot. As I said on Facebook, look in the first quarter of 2012. January may or may not happen depending on the speed at which things get finished. We are still on track, nothing has stalled per say. There are some aspects that are taking longer than originally planned, which is why I said we were "aiming" for January. We are still definitely releasing in CF, so that's not an issue. Sometimes plans don't always go as you originally intended them to go :P

    Can you explain to me whats "Taking this long"?
  • BROimERICK wrote: »
    Can you explain to me whats "Taking this long"?

    Well things take a long time to organized. I'd rather Polleus take his time and achieve, as close as he can, perfection. Besides, the longer the wait, the higher the anticipation!
  • Hopefully the anti cheat is good. I'd love to see vnSekc on it.
  • [MOD]Hi wrote: »
    Well things take a long time to organized. I'd rather Polleus take his time and achieve, as close as he can, perfection. Besides, the longer the wait, the higher the anticipation!

    Well, I don't really understand what takes this long to be honest, Besides an anti cheat still being coded.
    So I'm just wondering.
  • IceMan52144IceMan52144 Veteran Elite
    Anti-Cheat is still in testing. Website databases are still being coded and will need to be tested as well.
  • Let me test the a/c.
  • doesn't matter how good the anti cheat is, what matters is how frequently it gets updated. once somebody like me reverse engineers the anti cheat, it's basically game over unless it is frequently updated.
  • IceMan52144IceMan52144 Veteran Elite
    Good point Tasty. We got that part all figured out. :)
  • Good point Tasty. We got that part all figured out. :)

    I'm sure you do.
  • [dot][dot] Archduke
    tasty_10g wrote: »
    doesn't matter how good the anti cheat is, what matters is how frequently it gets updated. once somebody like me reverse engineers the anti cheat, it's basically game over unless it is frequently updated.
    you can reverse engineer cheats but you can't code sites?
    i'm confused
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    you can reverse engineer cheats but you can't code sites?
    i'm confused

    it was a hypothetical example and desktop development is much different than web development. (ie. software engineers working at kaspersky don't understand web development, while web engineers at google don't understand desktop development) but most people learn both anyway.
  • tasty_10g wrote: »
    doesn't matter how good the anti cheat is, what matters is how frequently it gets updated. once somebody like me reverse engineers the anti cheat, it's basically game over unless it is frequently updated.

    I hope you don't think that hasn't been thought of, haha. You would be in for a RUDE awakening :)
    BROimERICK wrote: »
    Well, I don't really understand what takes this long to be honest, Besides an anti cheat still being coded.
    So I'm just wondering.

    It's not just an anti-cheat to code. There are way more things that have to go into this than "just an anti-cheat being coded". Website has to be built and tested internally, sponsors have to be dealt with and put under contract, anti-cheat has to be coded, tested, and re-tested. Policies have to be written, then tested, then tweaked if something needs to be. A lot of these things are finished, but others aren't. I have a whole list that is much more then what you think. It's not just, "put an anti-cheat together and press go".
  • I hope you don't think that hasn't been thought of, haha. You would be in for a RUDE awakening :)

    You're in for a rude awakening when you realize that dishing out pocket change for an anti cheat doesn't make your league remotely cheat proof which you seem to act like it is whenever someone brings something up. There are millions of developers in the world and you barely put any money into this so I don't know why you're so confident. The anti cheat isn't good. I know because you have no money (no offense, you have to admit it though, you obviously didn't spend more than a dime)
  • tasty_10g wrote: »
    You're in for a rude awakening when you realize that dishing out pocket change for an anti cheat doesn't make your league remotely cheat proof which you seem to act like it is whenever someone brings something up. There are millions of developers in the world and you barely put any money into this so I don't know why you're so confident. The anti cheat isn't good. I know because you have no money (no offense, you have to admit it though, you obviously didn't spend more than a dime)

    Hey! 5 pesos is a lot of money and we worked really really hard on it!
  • tasty_10g wrote: »
    You're in for a rude awakening when you realize that dishing out pocket change for an anti cheat doesn't make your league remotely cheat proof which you seem to act like it is whenever someone brings something up. There are millions of developers in the world and you barely put any money into this so I don't know why you're so confident. The anti cheat isn't good. I know because you have no money (no offense, you have to admit it though, you obviously didn't spend more than a dime)

    Think what you would like Tasty, but obviously you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It's so funny that no one else knows the facts or your post would look even worse. You do not know who our coder is, what his background is, nor what we spent on it (which in fact we did spend quite a bit). When it comes out, I will look for you to be playing and I dare you to try and cheat on it.

    inb4 - I won't play this trash game excuse.
  • Whatever, 5 pesos, 1000 pesos. No capital money = no good software engineers because good software engineers wouldn't be doing anything like this for free. It's Crossfire though, so it actually doesn't matter. Proceed.
  • tasty_10g wrote: »
    Whatever, 5 pesos, 1000 pesos. No capital money = no good software engineers because good software engineers wouldn't be doing anything like this for free. It's Crossfire though, so it actually doesn't matter. Proceed.

    One question, how do you know I don't have any money? Just because I work at an hourly job? Maybe I like to work? How do you know if Iceman doesn't have any money? All of your EMPTY assumptions are quite amusing. They really are. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though. I look forward to proving you wrong. Good day sir.
  • tasty_10g wrote: »
    Whatever, 5 pesos, 1000 pesos. No capital money = no good software engineers because good software engineers wouldn't be doing anything like this for free. It's Crossfire though, so it actually doesn't matter. Proceed.

    Dude! Stop talking bad about our pesos man! You have no idea how much lemonade I sold! ): ): ): ): ):
  • CFLDrenCFLDren Holy Knight
    to be honest, I paid for everything.
  • Think what you would like Tasty, but obviously you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It's so funny that no one else knows the facts or your post would look even worse. You do not know who our coder is, what his background is, nor what we spent on it (which in fact we did spend quite a bit). When it comes out, I will look for you to be playing and I dare you to try and cheat on it.

    inb4 - I won't play this trash game excuse.

    I don't care if you have Sergey Brin working on your anti cheat. I initially said that it doesn't matter how good the anti cheat is, it's how often it is updated and I highly doubt it will be frequently updated because I know for a fact you don't even have a developing team because you have no money. That means if somebody knows the architecture of your Crossfire anti cheat (which won't be sophisticated at all, no offense) they could easily cheat on it because it won't be getting updated. Good luck though. At least you're pretty confident with a 5 peso anti cheat. That's a good quality, being oblivious isn't though.
  • tasty_10g wrote: »
    I know for a fact you don't even have a developing team because you have no money.

    Again, empty statements. Amusing at best. It's a good skill to have to have FACTS before making statements. I can teach you for 5 pesos if you'd like. I need the money obviously.
  • CFLDrenCFLDren Holy Knight
    Selling ILikeDrenKip T-shirts, 5 pesos.
  • Please, you need to be stupid to believe Polleus has money to pay for software engineers on a regular basis. This league doesn't even have a revenue model. What, you're going to keep paying these highly highly skilled 5 peso MIT computer science developers to work on this complex of an anti cheat for what in return? 5 PESOS?
  • Doing small website and graphic design for 5 pesos.
  • tasty_10g wrote: »
    This league doesn't even have a revenue model.

    Keep going man. These empty statements are making my night. *claps*

    Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Think what you want. But come game time, I dare you to be there with your main account and try to cheat on it. We'll see who was right and who was wrong, okay? In fact, let's put $100 on it. You game? You get banned, I win. You use cheats and don't get caught on game day, I'll give you $100.
  • Keep going man. These empty statements are making my night. *claps*

    You have NO idea what you're talking about. It's funny people let you push them around. It really is.

    Ok. No money. No revenue model. Laughable developers. Laughable staff. Laughable confidence.










    42cno.jpg
    42cno.jpg
    42cno.jpg
    42cno.jpg
    42cno.jpg
This discussion has been closed.