start votekick by saying /votekick

Hey guys

I think we should change the way to start votekicks. In counter strike source you have to say voteban or votekick to start a vote. This way other players can see who kicked and the player who is kicked can see it too.

Sometimes some noobs kick a player and then they say that someone else kicked him, if you have bad luck you might get kicked for no reason.

This way we could also lower the kicks, not every noob would be able to kick now because most of the players don't visit the forum and wouldn't know about the change.

In Counter Strike you can also make more votes at the same times. Sometimes in cf a hacker joins and he kicks someone and he starts to hack and no one can kick him because a vote is already running.

Counter Strike is still one of the most played games and it was the most played game for years. I think you guys should steal some of their ideas to make crossfire better. Crossfire will never be as good as Counter Strike but you guys could at least try it.
«1

Comments

  • in CNCF,it only shows you that you are kicking by the kick vote,but is doesnt show whos kicking you
  • urmm, if you go to china, CF is way bigger that CS ever was. CF is to a large extent more popular and longer lasting that CS, expecially in asian countries.
  • Having to say something would really make it tedious to kick people, and would make people less want to kick hackers.
  • Well, I think that we don't have to change CF to CS... but multiple votekicking is brilliant idea!
  • Jara001 wrote: »
    Well, I think that we don't have to change CF to CS... but multiple votekicking is brilliant idea!

    I can imagine that on CF we would have like 12 concurrent kick votes.
  • urmm, if you go to china, CF is way bigger that CS ever was. CF is to a large extent more popular and longer lasting that CS, expecially in asian countries.

    Troll more please

    Do you have any numbers? CS is the most played game ever, cracked version doesn't counted. If you say CF has more players then CS then you are basically saying that CF is the most played game. There are only a few People playing cf, if you go to a random forum and ask if they know cf no one will answer you because only a few people know about cf.

    CS has even more players then Modern Warfare 2. I don't know if you have CS or not but if you have you can go and search for servers. There are always like 1500+ Servers and there are another 1500+ servers in the non-steam version.

    There is no way that cf has more players then Counter Strike.
    Jara001 wrote: »
    Well, I think that we don't have to change CF to CS... but multiple votekicking is brilliant idea!

    CS is a better game then CF, so why shouldn't we change? I am trying to make CF a better game and copying other games is one way to improve a game. And by the way, CF is a free alternative to CS. They already copied the gameplay from CS so why not copying a bit more?
    Bieb3r wrote: »
    I can imagine that on CF we would have like 12 concurrent kick votes.

    okay so go on please, why would that be bad?

    I think we should allow multiply kick votes and make the time limit longer because you can't decide in 10 or 15 seconds if a guy is hacking or not. Sometimes I have to see him myself to decide.

    When a hacker joins there room the people who know him automatically kick him but those who don't know him will press f12 because they don't know if he hacks or not.
  • Would Get Abused Hard
    please explain. We use those mods since years in counter strike and I can say that it is way better then what cf uses.

    I don't see why people should abuse this or how? Did you understand what I want? I want them to change the way to start the votekick. How can you or others abuse this? I don't think there is a way to abuse this.

    The other thing I want is to let people see who kicked them. How can you abuse this anyway? I think the guy who got kicked should know who did it.

    Multiply kicks at the same time? Why should this be a bad thing? The people abuse it now, they kick others so they can't kick them. But if we had multiply kicks they wouldn't be safe. You understand? They kick someone and then start to hack and others cant kick him because a vote is already running.

    More time? How can you abuse this? More time means more time to think about if he really hacks or not.


    There is another thing I forgot to say. The kick is over as soon as the limit is reached. Lets say we need 5 votes to kick someone, as soon as we have 5 people the vote ends, we don't have to wait for the others because they can't change it anyway.

    Lets say there are 8 people in a server. If 6 of them pressed f11 we don't need to wait for the others because they can't change it by pressing f12. This would save time, there is no reason to wait for the others if they can't affect it anyway.

  • Multiply kicks at the same time? Why should this be a bad thing? The people abuse it now, they kick others so they can't kick them. But if we had multiply kicks they wouldn't be safe. You understand? They kick someone and then start to hack and others cant kick him because a vote is already running.

    More time? How can you abuse this? More time means more time to think about if he really hacks or not.


    There is another thing I forgot to say. The kick is over as soon as the limit is reached. Lets say we need 5 votes to kick someone, as soon as we have 5 people the vote ends, we don't have to wait for the others because they can't change it anyway.

    Lets say there are 8 people in a server. If 6 of them pressed f11 we don't need to wait for the others because they can't change it by pressing f12. This would save time, there is no reason to wait for the others if they can't affect it anyway.

    How would multiple kicking work? Would there be half a screen of kick boxes? I can't see any way for there to be a working system in which you can pick which vote you want to vote on.

    Alot of people would also f12 more frequently because they have no time to vote for multiple kicks, or they find it too tedious to find which vote they want to vote for.

    Your last two paragraphs though I completely agree with. People that decide not to vote waste a lot of time in which the hacker could be ruining KDRs, even though they will be kicked anyways.
  • hey bob,

    Well I guess you haven't played counter strike yet, right?

    So in Counter Strike there is no box at all. When someone starts a votekick it says kick has been started in the chatbox. If someone wants to kick him too he has to say votekick and a list appears with all the players and numbers in front of them.

    kinda like this

    1: Derp
    2: Noobkiller
    3: BR4theWin
    4: DK1999

    if you press 1 you agree to kick Derp, if you click 3 you agree to kick BR4theWin. If others already voten then it looks like this

    1: Derp
    2: Noobkiller (1)
    3: BR4theWin (1)
    4: DK1999 (3)

    The number behind the name shows how many players voted to kick him out of the server. 3 Players want to kick DK1999.

    I like this vote system more then the one in cf. I never liked the box that tells you that someone is being kicked because it's disturbing. You are in middle of a fight and they ask you if you want to kick someone, sometimes you don't have the time to decide.

    It might look a little bit complicated for someone who haven't used that system yet but it works great. They use this kick/ban system in counter strike since years.

    Some of you might have noticed that there is no way to disagree. Well that's right, there is no need for f12. You need like half of the players to kick someone. Lets say there are 10 players in the game, then you would need like 6 players to kick someone. If 6 Players agree then he is kicked. There is no need for a f12 at all. Lets say 4 want him to be kicked ant the other 6 like him and don't want him to be kicked. The 6 players do nothing and he don't gets kicked because there are only 4 who want him out and they need at least 6.

    You understand?
  • i agree, this new type of vote kick the numbers of hackaccusers and joykickers will go down signifiacntly. due to how complex it is, some people will take a long time to type it and eventually it just makes them a easy target and makes them rage.


    to be honest, please stop taking ideas from CS because youre doing what MAT is doing right now and you should know its agianst the rules (just saying)
  • Works with CS but the CF community is something else, CF attracts the worst of the worst.
  • please explain. We use those mods since years in counter strike and I can say that it is way better then what cf uses.

    I don't see why people should abuse this or how? Did you understand what I want? I want them to change the way to start the votekick. How can you or others abuse this? I don't think there is a way to abuse this.

    The other thing I want is to let people see who kicked them. How can you abuse this anyway? I think the guy who got kicked should know who did it.

    Multiply kicks at the same time? Why should this be a bad thing? The people abuse it now, they kick others so they can't kick them. But if we had multiply kicks they wouldn't be safe. You understand? They kick someone and then start to hack and others cant kick him because a vote is already running.

    More time? How can you abuse this? More time means more time to think about if he really hacks or not.


    There is another thing I forgot to say. The kick is over as soon as the limit is reached. Lets say we need 5 votes to kick someone, as soon as we have 5 people the vote ends, we don't have to wait for the others because they can't change it anyway.

    Lets say there are 8 people in a server. If 6 of them pressed f11 we don't need to wait for the others because they can't change it by pressing f12. This would save time, there is no reason to wait for the others if they can't affect it anyway.

    The method of kickvote through typing is a bit strenuous as generally when your playing, you are unable to do much while focused on typing anything out. If there was a shortcut system such as that it'd be easier. But simply putting up a vote (and not giving a reason) makes it hard to judge why a person needs to be kicked. Typing in /votekick <name> <reason> is alot longer than simply hitting esc, click a button, click another button.

    I agree players should be aware they are being kicked, its a feature that should be implemented into our version.

    As for the multiple votes... Unfortunately no. This may work in CS, but CF has an entirely different community. I would rather not have 7 kick votes simultaneously on my team trying to kick me in GM. its bad enough dealing with them one at a time.

    True fact, kick vote is more abused against legitimate players than it is to removed cheaters.

    The kick vote system isn't broken, the players are.
  • hey bob,

    Well I guess you haven't played counter strike yet, right?

    So in Counter Strike there is no box at all. When someone starts a votekick it says kick has been started in the chatbox. If someone wants to kick him too he has to say votekick and a list appears with all the players and numbers in front of them.

    kinda like this

    1: Derp
    2: Noobkiller
    3: BR4theWin
    4: DK1999

    if you press 1 you agree to kick Derp, if you click 3 you agree to kick BR4theWin. If others already voten then it looks like this

    1: Derp
    2: Noobkiller (1)
    3: BR4theWin (1)
    4: DK1999 (3)

    The number behind the name shows how many players voted to kick him out of the server. 3 Players want to kick DK1999.

    I like this vote system more then the one in cf. I never liked the box that tells you that someone is being kicked because it's disturbing. You are in middle of a fight and they ask you if you want to kick someone, sometimes you don't have the time to decide.

    It might look a little bit complicated for someone who haven't used that system yet but it works great. They use this kick/ban system in counter strike since years.

    Some of you might have noticed that there is no way to disagree. Well that's right, there is no need for f12. You need like half of the players to kick someone. Lets say there are 10 players in the game, then you would need like 6 players to kick someone. If 6 Players agree then he is kicked. There is no need for a f12 at all. Lets say 4 want him to be kicked ant the other 6 like him and don't want him to be kicked. The 6 players do nothing and he don't gets kicked because there are only 4 who want him out and they need at least 6.

    You understand?

    You may have forgotten about the fact the numbers are your weapons :)
    However I like that idea. Showing the kicks in chat would definitely be less distracting than the box, but I'm pretty sure people busy in a situation would completely miss the text. A really bold colour similar to the BM wins might work though.

    Also, could there be more than one vote kicking one person? Because I could just see 5 people trying to kick me because I got a kill streak higher than 2 in TD, or randomly awmed someone in GM.
  • Aproclis53 wrote: »
    to be honest, please stop taking ideas from CS because youre doing what MAT is doing right now and you should know its agianst the rules (just saying)

    against the rules? I know that it's against the rules to post something from other cf versions, like the guns or maps in cf china but since when is it against the rules to suggest something from other games? And you should keep in mind that cf is a cs copy.
    The method of kickvote through typing is a bit strenuous as generally when your playing, you are unable to do much while focused on typing anything out. If there was a shortcut system such as that it'd be easier.

    That's the whole point of it. People would kick less because they won't know how to do it. Even if they write it in the launcher, people would just skip it without reading.
    But simply putting up a vote (and not giving a reason) makes it hard to judge why a person needs to be kicked. Typing in /votekick <name> <reason> is alot longer than simply hitting esc, click a button, click another button.

    Let's be honest, no one cares about the reason anyway. Everybody choose hacking anyway and the people don't even read. But if you guys still want the reason you could still keep it. There is no reason to remove it.

    By the way, you don't do it like that /votekick <name> <reason>. Some people use weird letters in their names and sometimes it's to long to remember it.

    You say /votekick and all the names appear like this:

    1: Derp
    2: Noobkiller
    3: BR4theWin
    4: DK1999
    5: 1[33]7
    6: Unreal
    7: C[o.O]kies (<- love that name)

    in the chat or a box, doesn't matters. I prefer the chat but a box is nice too. Anyway, you have to tip the number in front of the name to start a kick vote. When you press 2 you start a vote to kick Noobkiller and the vote goes on for 45 secs or till the end of the round. Other players see "[YourName] wants to kick Noobkiller" in the chat but that's it, no box or anything else. If they want to kick him too they have to say /votekick and then press 2 and their vote is added. If 5 players agree to kick him he is out.

    We could steal keep the kick reason. We could make it like this: after you choose who you want to be kicked you have to choose a reason. This is how it would be look after some people started to vote

    1: Derp (1)
    2: Noobkiller (4)
    3: BR4theWin
    4: DK1999
    5: 1[33]7 (1)
    6: Unreal
    7: C[o.O]kies

    The number behind the name tells you how many people have vote for that person to be kicked. 4 players want to kick Noobkiller. 1 wants 1[33]7 to be kicked and another guy wants Derp to be kicked.

    This way there would be less kicking because sometimes you just press f12 without thinking about it, or you get killed while you are thinking what to choose
    .
    iBobRawrs wrote: »
    You may have forgotten about the fact the numbers are your weapons :)

    You can still browser through you weapons with your mouse wheel or use e to switch back.

    Anyway that windows is only up for a short time. You say /kickvote and the window comes up, now you tip a number, lets say 2 and the window goes down again. This is really only 3 or 5 secs.
    iBobRawrs wrote: »
    Also, could there be more than one vote kicking one person? Because I could just see 5 people trying to kick me because I got a kill streak higher than 2 in TD, or randomly awmed someone in GM.

    uhhh yea. You can start a kick vote for the same person two times. Lets use the names above

    1: Derp (We pretend that you are Derp)
    2: Noobkiller
    3: BR4theWin
    4: DK1999
    5: 1[33]7
    6: Unreal
    7: C[o.O]kies

    you awmed someone in GM and they are made at you. Noobkiller tips in /votekick and press 1 to kick you. The chat says "Noobkiller wants to kick Derp". If you say /votekick this appears:

    1: Derp (1) (there is a 1 because one person wants to kick you)
    2: Noobkiller
    3: BR4theWin
    4: DK1999
    5: 1[33]7
    6: Unreal
    7: C[o.O]kies

    Now if BR4theWin doesn't likes you too he says /votekick and presses 1 and now it looks like this:

    1: Derp (2) (there is a 2 because two players want to kick you)
    2: Noobkiller
    3: BR4theWin
    4: DK1999
    5: 1[33]7
    6: Unreal
    7: C[o.O]kies

    All the votes are going to be added but you can't start two kick votes on the same person. If you are mad at Noobkiller for kicking you, you can vote to kick him too, it would look like this then:

    1: Derp (2) (there is a 2 because two players want to kick you)
    2: Noobkiller (1) (you are the 1)
    3: BR4theWin
    4: DK1999
    5: 1[33]7
    6: Unreal
    7: C[o.O]kies

    You can start as many vote kicks as you won't, as long as others don't vote it doesn't matter because a single person cant kick you.
  • And you should keep in mind that cf is a cs copy.



    so by suggesting EVERYTHING unique that CS has but CF doesnt.........

    you want CF to face federal court to a trial on Copyright?

    making up suggestions for CF (that is logical) isnt hard; unless you plagerized too much in elementary school


  • That's the whole point of it. People would kick less because they won't know how to do it. Even if they write it in the launcher, people would just skip it without reading.

    That's the exact point Talon was pointing out. Less people would kick hackers because it would be so tedious to type /votekick [IGN] [Optional Reason], and it would take 10-20 seconds for the slower typers and 5-10 for the faster typers. Even I, who would even rejoin the game 2-3 times to kick someone, wouldn't want to kick someone if it was so tedious.

    Also, this would limit the people that kick even less. Now, there are occasionally high pingers that will kick hackers. If the /votekick [Ign] [Reason] was the system, that would limit people that kicked to about 10 people.

    The only good thing about this system is the fact people with less IQ wouldn't understand how to kick, and not kick legit players.



    You can still browser through you weapons with your mouse wheel or use e to switch back.

    Anyway that windows is only up for a short time. You say /kickvote and the window comes up, now you tip a number, lets say 2 and the window goes down again. This is really only 3 or 5 secs.

    This would all be fixable by pressing Alt+Number to vote. Another idea I had would be to say /kickvote, and like it says from your post, press a number accordingly to the IGN of the person you want to kick. To vote, you would then press /v, and select similar to when you start a kick. Would that work?

    uhhh yea. You can start a kick vote for the same person two times. Lets use the names above

    1: Derp (We pretend that you are Derp)
    2: Noobkiller
    3: BR4theWin
    4: DK1999
    5: 1[33]7
    6: Unreal
    7: C[o.O]kies

    you awmed someone in GM and they are made at you. Noobkiller tips in /votekick and press 1 to kick you. The chat says "Noobkiller wants to kick Derp". If you say /votekick this appears:

    1: Derp (1) (there is a 1 because one person wants to kick you)
    2: Noobkiller
    3: BR4theWin
    4: DK1999
    5: 1[33]7
    6: Unreal
    7: C[o.O]kies

    Now if BR4theWin doesn't likes you too he says /votekick and presses 1 and now it looks like this:

    1: Derp (2) (there is a 2 because two players want to kick you)
    2: Noobkiller
    3: BR4theWin
    4: DK1999
    5: 1[33]7
    6: Unreal
    7: C[o.O]kies

    All the votes are going to be added but you can't start two kick votes on the same person. If you are mad at Noobkiller for kicking you, you can vote to kick him too, it would look like this then:

    1: Derp (2) (there is a 2 because two players want to kick you)
    2: Noobkiller (1) (you are the 1)
    3: BR4theWin
    4: DK1999
    5: 1[33]7
    6: Unreal
    7: C[o.O]kies

    You can start as many vote kicks as you won't, as long as others don't vote it doesn't matter because a single person cant kick you.

    I think this really would be an improved kicking system, if it worked like the example above. There would still be some minor tweaks to make this more convenient, but +1!
  • That's the whole point of it....

    People kicking is less due to the system being complicated is not of any benefit, since if a real hacker does appear, it will only make things worse. Not only do they have to type it out (if they know how). Players need to learn a set of command or keys just to be able to vote. Thus, meaning the hacker is likely to be in the room longer than even the single vote shield.

    When a hacker is in the room, I want them gone as fast as possible. And I would expect people to do the same. 3 clicks to start and a one button press for everyone else to vote can't really get much simpler.

    The reason for kicking is actually imperative. Because, I tend to look at the reason before i make my vote. if a person isn't doing that particular action, then i don't vote. where as just being put up for a vote raises questions as to why.

    were they being rude?
    hacking?
    idling?
    etc.
  • The reason for kicking is actually imperative. Because, I tend to look at the reason before i make my vote. if a person isn't doing that particular action, then i don't vote.

    But then the game counts that as a "no" vote anyway :P

    ...which is a problem, and I know whole threads have been made about it, so I won't go into it :P
  • TheBuzzer wrote: »
    But then the game counts that as a "no" vote anyway :P

    ...which is a problem, and I know whole threads have been made about it, so I won't go into it :P

    lol, i'd rather have my vote go to no for a reason i know its not worth voting for, rather than blindly doing voting to remove someone with no indication.
  • Nah, I'm saying in a situation where you're trying to kick a cheater, the vote is 5-2, but then at the end it jumps to 5-7 or something because half of the players didn't vote, and the guy doesn't get kicked.

    If people don't vote then either they don't care about kicking the guy, or they don't know how to vote (even though it's displayed on screen). Their lack of voting shouldn't count as anything, it should be ignored.

  • CS is a better game then CF, so why shouldn't we change? I am trying to make CF a better game and copying other games is one way to improve a game. And by the way, CF is a free alternative to CS. They already copied the gameplay from CS so why not copying a bit more?
    If CF should be a copy of CS, it wouldn't be CF it would be CS II or w/e. Copying nearly everything from different games isn't that smart at all.. And if u say that CS is so much better than why dont ya go and play CS?
    Besides that don't forget cf is free, thus there are always things to improve you cant expect a entirely perfect game for free.

    I think we should allow multiply kick votes

    Sure.. Lovely too have your whole screen full of vote kicks as there will be tons of people voting specific persons just cause they dont like them or some different stupid reasons. Would be also disturbing as even less people would either press f11 or f12 as they can't handle multiple votes. And if you say that you can't even handle 1 vote sometimes then how u wanna handle multiple votes?(Weird you can't think wether u press f11 or f12 and play at the same time, as it should be obvious if there is someone shooting throught walls or someone who keeps checking walls)
    Would be abused. Would be confusing. Would be useless. Would cause even more trouble.
    Just no.

    Edit:
    Longer vote kicks = takes longer until hacker gets kicked
    See who kicked you = good point. But i assume this got suggested a few times already.

    The kick vote system isn't broken, the players are.
    Quote of the day.
  • Aproclis53 wrote: »
    you want CF to face federal court to a trial on Copyright?

    I don't think they would get in any trouble for copying other games. You can't out a copyright on everything or games like Golden Eye and Doom could sue the whole game industry. I am not sure if it was quake or unreal tournament, but one of them invented the headshot sounds, all the games are copying it too and they didn't got sued for doing it.
    iBobRawrs wrote: »
    That's the exact point Talon was pointing out. Less people would kick hackers because it would be so tedious to type /votekick [IGN] [Optional Reason], and it would take 10-20 seconds for the slower typers and 5-10 for the faster typers. Even I, who would even rejoin the game 2-3 times to kick someone, wouldn't want to kick someone if it was so tedious.

    from 10 kicks, only 2 or 3 are hackers. I think this would stop that legit people get kicked because it is to much effort to do it. Hackers would still get kicked because they make you mad and you would do everything to kick them.
    iBobRawrs wrote: »
    Another idea I had would be to say /kickvote, and like it says from your post, press a number accordingly to the IGN of the person you want to kick. To vote, you would then press /v, and select similar to when you start a kick. Would that work?

    uhh yes I think it would work. The easiest way tp find out is to play counter strike :D
    uDream wrote: »
    If CF should be a copy of CS, it wouldn't be CF it would be CS II or w/e.

    seriously, how comes that so many people don't see that cf is copying cs?

    When crossfire came out they announced it as a free counter strike alternative. They said it is like counter strike but free. CF has similar game modes (Search and Destroy is copied from counter strike) and the gameplay is similar too.

    Even they guys who created crossfire say that they try to make a game like counter strike. I even heard some guys saying that counter strike copies crossfire. I don't know if you guys just troll or you guys are to young to remember counter strike.

    uDream wrote: »
    Copying nearly everything from different games isn't that smart at all..

    They already did it.
    uDream wrote: »
    And if u say that CS is so much better than why dont ya go and play CS?

    Who says I don't play counter strike? I haven't played crossfire since weeks.

    uDream wrote: »
    Besides that don't forget cf is free, thus there are always things to improve you cant expect a entirely perfect game for free.

    uhh counter strike was free too, but it was that good that Valve hired those guys who created it. Now they are working for Valve but they did it on their own back then.

    uDream wrote: »
    Sure.. Lovely too have your whole screen full of vote kicks as there will be tons of people voting specific persons just cause they dont like them or some different stupid reasons. Would be also disturbing as even less people would either press f11 or f12 as they can't handle multiple votes. And if you say that you can't even handle 1 vote sometimes then how u wanna handle multiple votes?

    Well the vote screen comes only up if you say votekick, otherwise you only see "SomeGuy15 has started a votekick to kick Noob13" in the comments. This way you can wait until you have time to start the voting.
    uDream wrote: »
    (Weird you can't think wether u press f11 or f12 and play at the same time, as it should be obvious if there is someone shooting throught walls or someone who keeps checking walls)

    Not all the hackers are noobs, some of them know how to hide it. And by the way, what if you are new to that room and haven't played long enough there to know if he hacks or not?
    uDream wrote: »
    Edit:
    Longer vote kicks = takes longer until hacker gets kicked
    See who kicked you = good point. But i assume this got suggested a few times already.

    not really because we don't wait until everyone has finished.
  • just go back to playing cs if you love it so much. we'll enjoy our cf times here.

    p.s. Multiquote pyramids would get you an infraction.
  • we'll enjoy our cf times here.

    Well, I hear many people complain about cf, I don't think you guys will enjoy your time here.
    p.s. Multiquote pyramids would get you an infraction.

    I don't see what's wrong with quoting other people. First off all it is easier to read because you can see to what post I refer and it stops me from double posting which is really against the rules.
  • I don't think they would get in any trouble for copying other games. You can't out a copyright on everything or games like Golden Eye and Doom could sue the whole game industry. I am not sure if it was quake or unreal tournament, but one of them invented the headshot sounds, all the games are copying it too and they didn't got sued for doing it.



    from 10 kicks, only 2 or 3 are hackers. I think this would stop that legit people get kicked because it is to much effort to do it. Hackers would still get kicked because they make you mad and you would do everything to kick them.



    uhh yes I think it would work. The easiest way tp find out is to play counter strike :D



    seriously, how comes that so many people don't see that cf is copying cs?

    When crossfire came out they announced it as a free counter strike alternative. They said it is like counter strike but free. CF has similar game modes (Search and Destroy is copied from counter strike) and the gameplay is similar too.

    Even they guys who created crossfire say that they try to make a game like counter strike. I even heard some guys saying that counter strike copies crossfire. I don't know if you guys just troll or you guys are to young to remember counter strike.




    They already did it.



    Who says I don't play counter strike? I haven't played crossfire since weeks.




    uhh counter strike was free too, but it was that good that Valve hired those guys who created it. Now they are working for Valve but they did it on their own back then.




    Well the vote screen comes only up if you say votekick, otherwise you only see "SomeGuy15 has started a votekick to kick Noob13" in the comments. This way you can wait until you have time to start the voting.



    Not all the hackers are noobs, some of them know how to hide it. And by the way, what if you are new to that room and haven't played long enough there to know if he hacks or not?



    not really because we don't wait until everyone has finished.

    *hands on face* i cant believe you spent your life on quoting this much of people's thoughts.........
    I don't think they would get in any trouble for copying other games. You can't out a copyright on everything or games like Golden Eye and Doom could sue the whole game industry. I am not sure if it was quake or unreal tournament, but one of them invented the headshot sounds, all the games are copying it too and they didn't got sued for doing it.

    seriously.............. i said UNIQUE (and i even have to bold it because you didnt see it) features; if youre that blind

    on the bright side, taking only one UNIQUE thing from a game and copying it to the other cant pose too much problems. however, copying multiple UNIQUE features of a game (what youre sort of doing) can lead to copyright issues.
  • Aproclis53 wrote: »
    *hands on face* i cant believe you spent your life on quoting this much of people's thoughts.........

    It's not that hard if you know how to use a forum.
    Aproclis53 wrote: »
    seriously.............. i said UNIQUE (and i even have to bold it because you didnt see it) features; if youre that blind

    on the bright side, taking only one UNIQUE thing from a game and copying it to the other cant pose too much problems. however, copying multiple UNIQUE features of a game (what youre sort of doing) can lead to copyright issues.

    obviously you don't know what you are talking about. It's against the law if you use real names of guns (for example) without the owners permission but it's not illegal to copy a style.

    The amount of things you copy doesn't matter, if they put a copyright on something you can't copy it. Copying multiple features can leat to copyright issues just like one would do too. If it's illegal then they would already be in trouble for copying what they already have.
  • The kick vote system isn't broken, the players are.

    The kick vote system is broken in MM, HM, and FFA.

    Oh wait, still hasn't been added there.
  • RunFools wrote: »
    The kick vote system is broken in MM, HM, and FFA.

    Oh wait, still hasn't been added there.

    Yes, because putting in a kickvote in a mode where everyone is against you is a totally great idea to not have it abused for those losing. :rolleyes:
  • By the way, in counter strike you can vote to kick a guy from the enemy team. Works good in counter strike but wont work in crossfire.
Sign In or Register to comment.