start votekick by saying /votekick

2»

Comments

• Yes, because putting in a kickvote in a mode where everyone is against you is a totally great idea to not have it abused for those losing. :rolleyes:

unless if the vote kick in HM, MM, FFA were to be set on designated rounds :)
  • It's not that hard if you know how to use a forum.

obviously you don't know what you are talking about. It's against the law if you use real names of guns (for example) without the owners permission but it's not illegal to copy a style.

The amount of things you copy doesn't matter, if they put a copyright on something you can't copy it. Copying multiple features can leat to copyright issues just like one would do too. If it's illegal then they would already be in trouble for copying what they already have.

smart kid
    (aka dumbass, you seriously need to get a common sense check)

so what kind of gun do you want CF to make a original without using a real gun name?

pillow4AE custom with extra fluff?
  • I think CF should get rid of the limited vote rule and change it so you must wait 30 seconds after attempting to kick someone,
  • MCityFan wrote: »
    I think CF should get rid of the limited vote rule and change it so you must wait 30 seconds after attempting to kick someone,

99% of the CF community are total noobs, they think a double kill is hack and you want to give them unlimited kicks? yikes
  • Aproclis53 wrote: »
    so what kind of gun do you want CF to make a original without using a real gun name?

pillow4AE custom with extra fluff?

/ignore, seriously you are way too young for this.

putting original content with fictional names is the most common thing in games.
  • The amount of things you copy doesn't matter, if they put a copyright on something you can't copy it. Copying multiple features can leat to copyright issues just like one would do too.
    Copying one thing isn't as bad as copying multiple things. Multiple things are easier to spot obviously.
    By the way, in counter strike you can vote to kick a guy from the enemy team. Works good in counter strike but wont work in crossfire.
    *facepalm* If you're so in love with counter strike, than pleaase leave us alone here and go play it.
    Chimpzz wrote: »
    99% of the CF community are total noobs, they think a double kill is hack and you want to give them unlimited kicks? yikes
    2true
  • Chimpzz wrote: »

I don't want to give them unlimited kicks, it was not me who suggested to allow the room owner to kick as many as he wants.

What I want to have is the right to start as many kickvotes as you want. You can start as many kickvotes as you want but as long as others don't press f11 it wont change a thing.

I play on UK4 with clan mates and we know who hacks and who doesn't hacks.
    uDream wrote: »
    Copying one thing isn't as bad as copying multiple things. Multiple things are easier to spot obviously.

They are the same. You have to pay for one copied thing and for multiply things too.

They don't say "hey he only copied one thing from us, that's not that bad.", they sue you for coping one thing too and no one has sued crossfire yet.
    *facepalm* If you're so in love with counter strike, than pleaase leave us alone here and go play it.

as I said, I do. I haven't played crossfire since weeks and I play counter strike almost daily, not every day but still a lot.
  • I don't want to give them unlimited kicks, it was not me who suggested to allow the room owner to kick as many as he wants.

What I want to have is the right to start as many kickvotes as you want. You can start as many kickvotes as you want but as long as others don't press f11 it wont change a thing.
    Starting as many kickvotes as you want = unlimited kicks as people can get kicked dozens of times ?!
    Where's the difference?

They are the same. You have to pay for one copied thing and for multiply things too.

They don't say "hey he only copied one thing from us, that's not that bad.", they sue you for coping one thing too and no one has sued crossfire yet.
    But copying one thing is harder to spot than copying a whole game. That was my point.

as I said, I do. I haven't played crossfire since weeks and I play counter strike almost daily, not every day but still a lot.
    I remember what some Moderator said once: Don't post something about a game if you don't even want to play it anymore.
    Comments in quote.
  • Don't you know how to make multiply quotes? How do you expect me to answer to that?

Starting as many kickvotes as you want = unlimited kicks as people can get kicked dozens of times ?!
    Where's the difference?

starting as many kickvotes as you want is not the same as unlimited kicks. Just go to a random game in UK4 and try to kick someone, most of the people will press f12 and they will also press f12 after you tried it 5 times. They might kick you for spamming.
    But copying one thing is harder to spot than copying a whole game. That was my point.

Crossfire already copied multiply things. The whole gameplay is copied. And by the way, this is still not a reason against my suggestion because there is no copyright on the votekick system.
    I remember what some Moderator said once: Don't post something about a game if you don't even want to play it anymore.

First off all, the moderators keep the forum clean but they don't make any changes to crossfire. I can suggest what I want, it's up to the developers to do it or not.

I still play it from time to time, like once a week or something like that but I haven't played it since a long time. But I will start playing again once they added some of my suggestions.

And if you go to the first pages you will see that others liked my idea too.
  • Don't you know how to make multiply quotes? How do you expect me to answer to that?

Ofc i know how to, it's just much easier and less time-consuming this way.

Crossfire already copied multiply things. The whole gameplay is copied. And by the way, this is still not a reason against my suggestion because there is no copyright on the votekick system.

How u know there's not?(:D)

And if you go to the first pages you will see that others liked my idea too.

Just because people like your idea it doesn't mean it's good, they probably just didn't think about the pros.
    And there were also many people who didn't like it.
    (no offense)
  • Yes, because putting in a kickvote in a mode where everyone is against you is a totally great idea to not have it abused for those losing. :rolleyes:

I'm sure everyone agrees with you.

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=42947&highlight=kick+vote
  • RunFools wrote: »
    Guess why they voted for a kick vote in FFA?
    Cz they're sick of the hackers. But it's quite obvious it's going to be abused as u hardly see 5% of the mature community, who could handle the ability to kick ur enemys.
  • uDream wrote: »
    Just because people like your idea it doesn't mean it's good, they probably just didn't think about the pros.
    And there were also many people who didn't like it.
    (no offense)

Counter Strike was released in 1999 and they still use the same kick/ban vote system. This is by far the best one.

In counter strike everybody can create their own modes using the dev tools, if some people didn't liked that votekick system they could have changed it but it didn't changed which means that people like it.

RunFools wrote: »

a kick vote in that mode would be bad because everybody hates everybody.

The only way to play those modes with kickvote is to play with friends.

I haven't played HM since a long time but the last times I played it everyone was mad about the assassins and other zp mutants. And everybody was flashing his teammates.

So you have never had some noob kicking you over and over like 20 times per game? I have they just re-join it's annoying.

Noobs should be told after two attempts "no more kicking for you", in fact it should be reduced to one kick.
    So you have never had some noob kicking you over and over like 20 times per game? I have they just re-join it's annoying.

Noobs should be told after two attempts "no more kicking for you", in fact it should be reduced to one kick.

They do but it's pointless as long as the others don't agree. And if I try to kick him the others agree to kick him too.
  • They do but it's pointless as long as the others don't agree. And if I try to kick him the others agree to kick him too.

It's not hard to get a room full of idiots to F11 and that increases with unlimited kicks.

You can go in any game kick a random player and there is a good chance they will get kicked.
  • please explain. We use those mods since years in counter strike and I can say that it is way better then what cf uses.

I don't see why people should abuse this or how? Did you understand what I want? I want them to change the way to start the votekick. How can you or others abuse this? I don't think there is a way to abuse this.

Part of the community is really bad, and they're able to abuse everything and anything.
    I personally don't really care about who kicked me, or who wants me to leave, but I do understand some want to know.
    The thing is : this would just start a vote war, as we can already see from time to time
    It's not hard to get a room full of idiots to F11 and that increases with unlimited kicks.

You can go in any game kick a random player and there is a good chance they will get kicked.

Yea but the others have to WRITE /votekick (they are now pressing f11 because the window is already up but in the new system they have to write /votekick and that's to much work for the most cf players :)) in the chat to start the kick. It would be bad with the current system because everybody would press f11 so the stupid window goes away.
  • Yea but the others have to WRITE /votekick (they are now pressing f11 because the window is already up but in the new system they have to write /votekick and that's to much work for the most cf players :)) in the chat to start the kick. It would be bad with the current system because everybody would press f11 so the stupid window goes away.

Maybe but I'm pretty sure they would 1) soon get the hang of it 2) Could easily type anything, just look at the cry babies:

"haker omg kick him"
    "zimmerframe haks kick him not b**** as ******* hakr"

For example^
  • Only those who are angry at you will try to kick you.

Let's say you play in a room and a good enemy killed you, lets pretend his name is Anon1445. You know that he doesn't hacks but one of the other players thinks he does. He starts a vote to kick Anon1445.

Normally a box would come up and would ask you to press f11 or f12. In this case most of the players would press f11. But in the counter strike votekick you have to say /votekick to vote.

Would you really write /votekick and then search for him to kick him?

Most of the people wouldn't do it. It's just not worth it.

With the current system you sometimes just say "fck it" and press f11 so they shut up but with this new system no window would come up and only the mad players would be willing to tip in his name.

Most of the people don't even understand english, in the UK servers. We have a lot of stupid turks and stupid germans.
  • Most of the people don't even understand english, in the UK servers. We have a lot of stupid turks and stupid germans.

I'm pretty sure most of the germany will at least understand what u're saying. Even tho' the might not answer u with a articulately english, but they at least get what u're saying.
  • uDream wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure most of the germany will at least understand what u're saying. Even tho' the might not answer u with a articulately english, but they at least get what u're saying.

not really, english isn't that important in Germany, most of them don't even care about learning it, and don't forget that most of the crossfire players are young.
  • not really, english isn't that important in Germany, most of them don't even care about learning it, and don't forget that most of the crossfire players are young.
    Well considering most people start learning english in school here with 7-9 years i assume they can at least understand the basics.
  • I think we have only 2 hours per week, and they only teach crap like "this is a pencil". Not really something you need to know. If you want to learn english you to go to a english school.
  • I think we have only 2 hours per week, and they only teach crap like "this is a pencil". Not really something you need to know. If you want to learn english you to go to a english school.
    weird school you got there. :b

To stick to topic: I'm still against it .
  • Anyway, I think the GMs should think about this again.

We use this kick vote system in cs 1.6 and now in css too and I'm sure it's going to be the same in Counter-Strike Global Offensive.

Well maybe saying /votekick is a little bit to long, we could keep the esc-> votekick but change it so the kick vote window only appears when you go to the kick vote too.

I get kicked a lot for no reason and I think we should invent something to stop kick abusers. It's really annoying when you get kicked out of the room when you have a score like 10-0. Some days ago i got kicked out of a sniper match, my score was like 67-15. Half off the room was full of noob turks. They don't kick each other, even if they use hack but if one turks says to the others "kick him" then they all kick you.