Some perspective on this patch

Comments

• -Reg feels significantly better

I'd have to agree with this. It seems like it has been "fixed" a little bit, but at the same time I've noticed a lot of lag with my awp, as in scoping and the shot not shooting on quickscopes. It may just be that I was frapsing but still, it wasn't like that 2 days ago -.-
  • Good patch in bug fixes now tell xtrap to pick up their pants ;)
  • Was there something wrong with the old font? Why did it need to be changed?
  • I wish I had known their intentions for GM all along was to make Ghosts visable when there is smoke behind them. That's logical. Good catch, Z8...
  • Zeke3d wrote: »
    Was there something wrong with the old font? Why did it need to be changed?

Because it raises FPS.
  • Reg is way better.
    FPS is OMG, got from 20-40 to 30-80
  • I've been on these forums a long time. I've seen all sorts of opinions on patches and content. One thing I see every month is "Why can't Z8 stop adding new maps and five new guns and just fix some bugs?" Well, you just got that patch, and a lot of the people who are complaining about not having it are the ones complaining about the lack of content now.

While these aren't listed in the patch notes, they're very major and helpful changes:
    -CF will now go full screen on Windows 7 without manually changing native resolution
    -Performance dramatically increased (getting almost 200 more FPS on my desktop, and my five year old laptop can run CF at over 150 FPS now)
    -Reg feels significantly better

Now stop complaining that you only got reskins and go enjoy a much improved game.

awesome my fps didn't get better and they ruined Ghost mode so I'm gonna say this patch was pretty much super fail.
  • TooLazyTo wrote: »
    Lawl, I'll take "sucky" font as long as I have better fps. I'm not playing Cross Fire to look at people's in game names or sit in the lobby despairing about how "ugly" all the room names are.
    ur so full of it munch :)
    perspective is,,, u guys made a mess of gm, when will this be fixed?? i could care less bout buns or maps, the fps is not that great maybe 10-20 more then what i had the ui is unreadable to me and i never had issues with 7 sept patch before last made it to where i couldn't use regular start up. over all not the best patch in my opinion
  • I've been on these forums a long time. I've seen all sorts of opinions on patches and content. One thing I see every month is "Why can't Z8 stop adding new maps and five new guns and just fix some bugs?" Well, you just got that patch, and a lot of the people who are complaining about not having it are the ones complaining about the lack of content now.

While these aren't listed in the patch notes, they're very major and helpful changes:
    -CF will now go full screen on Windows 7 without manually changing native resolution
    -Performance dramatically increased (getting almost 200 more FPS on my desktop, and my five year old laptop can run CF at over 150 FPS now)

Now stop complaining that you only got reskins and go enjoy a much improved game.

i agree with u thats all they say when theres a patch
  • -Reg feels significantly better

I don't know so much about 'better' as... 'strange'. Every other kill, no matter how randomly you spray, seems to be a headshot.
    [MOD]Rex wrote: »
    Being here since Beta, I've seen the flow of hacks, and it's gotten extremely better than the beginning. Showing that it always IS being fixed. Even if players don't care to notice.

One-shot aimbot through walls is back, btw. I'd take 1-hit kills over this any day (Escape Mode is probably gonna be unplayable until the next patch...).
  • My problem is that they just keep coming out with more powerfull weapons. M60-adv used to be the most powerfull, and only crate MG, now its the worst and you can buy it for temp in the mall anyway. Also, for people who won the deagle-s, sucks to be you.
  • my fps got from (8v8) 50/80 to 150/170 o.o WOW
  • TooLazyTo wrote: »
    Lawl, I'll take "sucky" font as long as I have better fps. I'm not playing Cross Fire to look at people's in game names or sit in the lobby despairing about how "ugly" all the room names are.

LOL. fo realz right? "wah the font suxxorz, wah" Who cares about font. My fps went from 40-80 to 120-200. I don't care of they remove all text from the game altogether if it makes gameplay better. the content does kind of suck though. I want dual pink uzi's but I don't to spend a jillion dollars to MAYBE win them. Otherwise good job with bullet reg.
  • this patch was amazing for me. better fps + reg. helps a lot for people that actually know a thing or two about the game.
  • well said :P im much enjoying my fps increase :D the new font i dont like but i read saidin post somewhere saying that helps increase the fps too as the old font had shadows which took up cpu so i'll just have to get used to the new font :P

i want to try for the uzis but for some reason i get a message saying i have reached the number of deposits allowed for the day..... i havent deposited any zp today o.O

When i was playing earlier i completely forgot there was a new map so i havent had chance to try that yet but im not really a MM/HM player but ill still give it a check out next time i load up :P
  • YES! FPS improvement. That's better than having new content
  • well said :P im much enjoying my fps increase :D the new font i dont like but i read saidin post somewhere saying that helps increase the fps too as the old font had shadows which took up cpu so i'll just have to get used to the new font :P

It was an outline rather than a shadow.
    Here's a magnificated sample of the old font:

fontr.png

I can cope with the loss of readability in exchange for some extra FPS
    Can't wait to play Egypt 8vs8, that's what puts my FPS to a test
    I'm stuck with a P4, this is the greatest thing for me since the UK servs! :p
  • Who gives a damn about the font?

You take 1 more second to look at a bunch of words on the screen....
    Its not like its unreadable... its fine..

Did people honestly sit there everytime they logged in and go... "thats a fiiiine font... glad theyre using this or id have to make a rage thread"
  • Who gives a damn about the font?

You take 1 more second to look at a bunch of words on the screen....
    Its not like its unreadable... its fine..

Did people honestly sit there everytime they logged in and go... "thats a fiiiine font... glad theyre using this or id have to make a rage thread"

One of the coolest MOD. Perhaps, they need to use glasses, but when I logged in, I didn't even know the font was changed until I started playing. Then, I was like, wow this is a nice font, plus my FPS increased by 20+.

I don't know what's the problem with the community, always raging even for the minimum stupid thing..
  • 40 fps works for me fine. New patch is total bull**** new m4? kidding me havent we got alrdy 100 of them? dual uzi with 10 more bullets? isnt 50enough... As ridicilous as the gold gatling with 25+ bullets. Only thing that REEAALLY annoys me is the FONT..... And i will probs quit because of it :S
  • LOL this game sucks now , only ZP crates , no more GP crates ? Spent over 100 bucks but got nothing , it was all trash........
  • LOL this game sucks now , only ZP crates , no more GP crates ? Spent over 100 bucks but got nothing , it was all trash........
    it wasn't the games fault that you decided to gamble your money.
  • The ONLY problem I see with the font, and which I think could be changed and should not affect actual gameplay, is the text size in the room list for the number of people and max players in a room. I have good eyesight but it's not all that easy to see the max players for a room.

Other than that I don't really see any other problems with the font. In fact in most of the areas I think the font looks better as its narrower and you can see a bit more. I'm not bothered about how the name or clan name looks on the TAB score window.
  • I don't like the new MM map.

Makes my mutant-blocking job too easy..

No offense but the reg is still shytty i can seem to reg with an ak nor m4 some one takes 6 m4 bullets to the chest and i do like 60-80 like WTH same with an ak i hit them liek 5 times and get 91
  • loneB wrote: »
    Font was not a good choice, otherwise you guys are doing the usual.

Doesn't mean anything is fixed in that aspect, anyone can feel anything.

What? Cross Fire has always worked in full screen for me, did it not work before?

I will play to see if I get more FPS then usual.

Not sure why you are getting mad at people even when you know they will keep doing the same thing regardless of what you say. Over the past few years it has always been the same with peoples opinions.

It has always worked for me in Win 7 x64, so I agree with you.
  • CyberCatUK wrote: »
    The ONLY problem I see with the font, and which I think could be changed and should not affect actual gameplay, is the text size in the room list for the number of people and max players in a room. I have good eyesight but it's not all that easy to see the max players for a room.

Other than that I don't really see any other problems with the font. In fact in most of the areas I think the font looks better as its narrower and you can see a bit more. I'm not bothered about how the name or clan name looks on the TAB score window.

FYI we are actually aware that there are spots where the text is not in the right place (shifted a few pixels). Also where it's too small or not looking properly.

They are being looked in to immediately and should be fixed asap.

That also made me laugh hard.