CFFA Results Discussion

I can't believe no one's made this already...

As we all know, the results of the First Annual Cross Fire Film Awards are a bit controversial in some categories. Accusations abound, everything from hacking to paying the judges to win. I'd like to know what all of you think of the results. Did you agree, disagree? Which films did/didn't you like? Keep trolling and flaming to a minimum, please.

Comments

• Love me, hate me, say what you want about me,
    But all of the girls and all of the boys are begging to....

use my m4 gold. :)
  • iiTwAsLucK wrote: »
    Love me, hate me, say what you want about me,

Lol nice. M4 gold tiger u mean :p
  • iiTwAsLucK wrote: »
    Love me, hate me, say what you want about me,

The exact same story for me.

Guys, you didn't pay to join, so it's the judge's final decision to choose who they wanted to choose to win. Stop being sore losers and stop being incompetent children who just cry when things don't go your way. I am not point fingers, but it gets really irritating.

The winners get what they got, stop arguing.
  • HitK wrote: »

Guys, you didn't pay to join, so it's the judge's final decision to choose who they wanted to choose to win. Stop being sore losers and stop being incompetent children who just cry when things don't go your way. I am not point fingers, but it gets really irritating.

I can tell your win was suspicious...

Your video wasn't good at all imo (zombie didn't even finish his sentances and it generapy failed anyway). And yet you won the price.

mhm... I'm not saying you paid anybody to get a ribbon and a tiger m4 but I doubt they chose the winners without looking to the names behing them. In other words I am wonderind if judges recieved anonymous movies or not.
  • apqlwma wrote: »

Your video wasn't good at all imo (zombie didn't even finish his sentances and it generapy failed anyway). And yet you won the price.

mhm... I'm not saying you paid anybody to get a ribbon and a tiger m4 but I doubt they chose the winners without looking to the names behing them. In other words I am wonderind if judges recieved anonymous movies or not.

Yes, that is correct but HI purposely did that cause he knew no one would try to enter that category. Easy for him to win it.
  • HitK wrote: »

Agreed, win or lose its just a game hard work pays out in the end
    i can tell your win was suspicious...

Mhm... I'm not saying you paid anybody to get a ribbon and a tiger m4 but i doubt they chose the winners without looking to the names behing them. In other words i am wonderind if judges recieved anonymous movies or not.

:o

yes..

It's been stated many times previously that the judges would not enjoy Mutation Frag Videos, and from judging from last movie awards [The small competitions that have been done before], no frag videos in Mutation Mode ever won. They're boring and give a very big tone of monotony.

I made something that would capture their attention, and not bore them. Mutation Mode frags are almost as boring as documentaries.

Humpf.

Judges didn't prefer specific movies just because of the author's name. There were tons of entries and the bests won. That's simple.

Personally I liked Hi's video of its creativity. And I'm sure judges did too.
  • [MOD]Us3r wrote: »
    Humpf.

Judges didn't prefer specific movies just because of the author's name. There were tons of entries and the bests won. That's simple.

Personally I liked Hi's video of its creativity. And I'm sure judges did too.

I had thought it could just be me...

Thanks for making things clear.
  • events like this are always going to have controversy. in the end it is up to someone's judgement as to the qualification of the video for top awards.

there are always going to be a great deal of opinions on the matter, but it was the decision of the three judges and that is what you have to deal with. just because you feel the decision was wrong, doesn't make it wrong.

love how you criticize the judges for making the wrong decision when in reality there really isn't a wrong decision. it's all opinion based, they made the decision, that's the end of it.
  • I think I would have had a better chance if I just used my original ghost mode video... The winner of the in-game other mode (Achy) didn't have that great a video. I'd say mine would have won (not to say mine is amazing, but it's certainly just as good) or come in 2nd place or at least stood more of a chance then my newer one, but oh well. Live and learn, I guess. ;)
  • Drakoon69 wrote: »
    Lol what's the M4A1 Gold Tiger ammo?

It is 38 bullets per clip. I do not know how many clips you are given. I may post a screenshot later if you need. I think it is 38/114, so 4 clips of M4A1 Gold Tiger. It's similar to the regular M4A1 Gold, except the fact that it has a design, and it's extremely rare.
  • Drakoon69 wrote: »
    Lol what's the M4A1 Gold Tiger ammo?

I think it's 38/114.

Edit: Well, as it would turn out, I took to long to respond and someone answered before me. :p
  • I think it's 38/114.

Thank you, and btw guys, sorry for being off topic, i just had this lil doubt s:
  • i thought concept was going to win something. also apparently every movie can only get 1 award otherwise half the people who received one wouldn't have. and i have no clue as to why they would release the m4 gold tiger as a prize; wasn't it a discontinued weapon for one of the tourneys?
  • MyAWM wrote: »
    i thought concept was going to win something. also apparently every movie can only get 1 award otherwise half the people who received one wouldn't have. and i have no clue as to why they would release the m4 gold tiger as a prize; wasn't it a discontinued weapon for one of the tourneys?

Thanks! but bananas got it.
    But it's chill since hes in my clan and and I kill him all the time to pick up his m4 T :P

EDIT: acutally I kill him in my video like 3 times :D

I wondered the same thing, whether the results might've leaned towards the veterans. As for Hi's video specifically, see below:
    St4yd0WN1 wrote: »
    Yes, that is correct but HI purposely did that cause he knew no one would try to enter that category. Easy for him to win it.

My thoughts exactly. Nothing wrong with a bit of strategizing to maximize your chances at winning.
  • IzConcept wrote: »
    Thanks! but bananas got it.
    But it's chill since hes in my clan and and I kill him all the time to pick up his m4 T :P

EDIT: acutally I kill him in my video like 3 times :D

lol ^^
  • I haven't checked the results threads since maybe 3 days ago, but it seems like things have cooled down. Has everyone stopped arguing over who won/who should've won?