Winchester is Great, but it's missing something..

I have luckily obtained the permanent Winchester from the crates. I found it to be a hard-to-use which is odd since it's a crate gun and I found the range to be very very inaccurate.

I've been using it lately and it has helped me with aiming but the winchester is a rifle, not a shot gun.... It should have the range and power mirrored to a m700 rather than the range and power compared to a XM shot gun.

Yes every gun (except the m12 and SL) requires skill to use and master, however there is a difference between a gun being hard to use and a gun which stats are dramatically different from the real thing.

The winchester is an older rifle still in production today that has magnificient range capability and devastating power. I have no clue as to why the dang thing only causes 12 damage from long distances. Idealy, it should be about 80 damage and at the very least, 60 damage, not 12...

The winchester is similar to sniper rifles in exchange of RoF and clip size, for accuracy and power but instead, z8games overall since they're the ones who make the final decision on how the weapons are supposed to act, decided to make an iconic rifle into a shot gun..

So if a MOD can please explain to me what the heck they were thinking, I would be more at ease about it... But to me, z8games or the owners of CF didn't do their Winchester homework.
«1

Comments

  • Well.. You don't need to go to Blackmarket to obtain a winchester right now.. lol.. they had made the winchester-s in item shop. I personnely dont like the winchester because of the low firing speed. Even if you compare it to the normal shotguns, it is still slow. So that makes me only use it in gm, against noobs. I don't think anybody would actually use it in SnD unless playing against really noob people. Also, I like your point of mentioning the distant hits are low, I agree with that. And they had made the winchester scope, which is meant to hit distant range or better aim like sg552, however, if its hits are so low, and not continous firing rate, it is just bad. I think they made the damage rate low is because it is a rifle, not a shotgun, but they had made the firing rate so low.. that it is even worse than a shotgun if they dont increase the distant range power.
  • vMiami wrote: »
    I've been using it lately and it has helped me with aiming but the winchester is a rifle, not a shot gun.... It should have the range and power mirrored to a m700 rather than the range and power compared to a XM shot gun.

    100% correct man, the Winchester is a great gun and they didn't do their job right

    I also suggest a Winchester-knife that will be super (like the Jap. Rifles used in the WW2)
    PR0N1nja wrote: »
    So that makes me only use it in gm, against noobs. I don't think anybody would actually use it in SnD unless playing against really noob people.

    Pale this Gun has helped me so much tho it's not 100% accurate, and guess what: I use it TDM too, Ship to be exact... looool
  • Ik.. It's like a disfigured hybrid..

    They wanted to make it a rifle, but in the middle of it, they turned it into a shot gun...

    Other thing is at least from my understanding, that the crate gun is supposed to be better than the GP version...

    I don't care about RoF.. If all I have to do is hit you 2-3 times with the winchester from far range, I can take down m12 idiots (which I have done in TDM a few times but close range of course..).
  • I do think it requires to keep damage over range
    BUT
    Remember that even COLT .45 is more powerful than Winchie irl
  • Nevertheless, the winchester should have over 60 damage from long range. No sence having a semi-auto rifle that only does 12 HP per-shot from long ranges.
  • I think it should have explosive rounds, but we can't all have what we want.

    But other than that, I agree on it being bit too underpowered long range.
  • UMP5UMP5 Squire
    The winchester scope does 1 dmg across power plant, to the head. I don't even understand why 1 dmg is an option for a damage count. Plus the thing has a scope... which seems pointless, since the damage is a joke at the ranges that one would use the scope. I'm sure even the uzi does more damage than this thing at range...

    Both should be buffed, to at least 50 to the body and maybe 1 shot head shot across the map.
  • UMP5 wrote: »
    The winchester scope does 1 dmg across power plant, to the head. I don't even understand why 1 dmg is an option for a damage count. Plus the thing has a scope... which seems pointless, since the damage is a joke at the ranges that one would use the scope. I'm sure even the uzi does more damage than this thing at range...

    Both should be buffed, to at least 50 to the body and maybe 1 shot head shot across the map.

    Agreed. It's a rifle, not a shot gun... It should have alot of power.
  • vMiami wrote: »
    Agreed. It's a rifle, not a shot gun... It should have alot of power.

    lol well. Rifle shouldn't be high powered.. cuz it has continous firing. But shotgun does need power.. they just didnt think it through enough before making it something in between.
  • UMP5UMP5 Squire
    PR0N1nja wrote: »
    lol well. Rifle shouldn't be high powered.. cuz it has continous firing. But shotgun does need power.. they just didnt think it through enough before making it something in between.

    Some rifles do have high power. Think of a sniper rifle. As for the assault rifles in this game, they still have at least 25X the damage count at a distance than the winchester. Even pistols do more damage than the winny at distance.

    Don't get me wrong, I love this gun. The satisfaction of getting a kill with it is like a natural high. However, a little range would be nice, maybe the range of an M4.
  • This rifle is different from other rifles.. It's a semi-automatic so it's fire rate is not continuous or fast. Therefore the power is rather strong since you're giving up ammo and RoF for range, power and accuracy.
  • Fail no need s spam here go talk to GM of whatev
  • Yeah sure.. Just give me a phone # to one of them and I'll call.

    I also did this so I can get input from the COMMUNITY to see if they agree... But I also want to see what the z8games staff was thinking as well.
  • I won the Winchester from the crates...epic fail it shoulda been a thompson
    Technically crate guns should be better than the Winchester-S no??
    oh well a collectors item i guess lol

    QQ
  • sevrobsevrob Beginner
    Winchester is good.
  • CalmBlueCalmBlue Apprentice
    I like the Winchester-S, but I only use it in GM cus it's slow.
  • In real life, that gun was created like 200 years ago, auto for a gun was not their. Beside, u should have bought the GP Wincheater with a scope
  • In real life, that gun was created like 200 years ago, auto for a gun was not their. Beside, u should have bought the GP Wincheater with a scope

    Almost :D

    But also, in real life it can kill a bear at 100 or so yards. So here...it should kill in 1 shot anywhere but a 2-3 shot kill depending on the area hit and range should do better.

    I bought the Winchester before the Scope was out...so yeah.
  • 74K37H4774K37H47 Margrave
    Almost :D

    But also, in real life it can kill a bear at 100 or so yards. So here...it should kill in 1 shot anywhere but a 2-3 shot kill depending on the area hit and range should do better.

    I bought the Winchester before the Scope was out...so yeah.

    Well, it's really about 190 yards.
    And it's a 1 shot kill, a fast kill, since it got a nice bullet shape (cavitation causes a LOT of internal damage) to the bear on that range.

    i could agree that the person wouldn't
    die in the first hit IF it is wearing a good bulletproof vest, but it would still break some ribs.

    also, the shotguns, they have an extremely bad range in all the games because they would be really OP on such small maps like those on CF.
    Taking example on one of the guns on CANA, one of the shotguns, it was a 1 hit kill over medium ranges if most of the pellets do hit the guy.
    the spread was good, not realistic tough (at that range it shouldn't even have a spread of the size of a mellon), they shouted at the GM's, NERF IT NOW!
    and so they did...
  • What she said. The Winchester we have here does 0 sometimes...I just...wdfed to the wall.
  • 74K37H4774K37H47 Margrave
    What she said. The Winchester we have here does 0 sometimes...I just...wdfed to the wall.

    0 DAMAGE?!?
    w.t.f. D:
  • Yeah...not joking. I tested it out with Dayo, Oluwa or whatever you want to call him, and I did 0 for about 3 shots at long range.
  • xMesqxMesq Holy Knight
    Yeah...not joking. I tested it out with Dayo, Oluwa or whatever you want to call him, and I did 0 for about 3 shots at long range.


    Yeah but winchester's excellent for TDM Maps like train for example, today I got kicked cuz of a 16 killstreak with Winchester. So, yeah. But obviously it power sux at long range shots, so maybe it's not even good for some TDM maps like Forbidden Palace...




    My Official Suggestion Thread
  • I understand that shot guns are "nerfed" so there'd be less QQin' but the winchester isn't a shot gun... It's a 50-100 year old rifle that is still being manufactured TODAY because it is one of the best rifles ever made but z8games or whoever decides to turn it into a shot gun and have the audacity to still call it a "rifle". In all game reality, it should have a range and hit pattern similar, if not exact, to a m700.
  • anyhow. Winchester should be higher powered than it is now -.- in distant range at least.. >.>
  • lBoo1lBoo1 Beginner
    lllllllll

    ok man you are good player
  • yea, only blind rob sees it as a truly good gun..
  • make winchester a sniper with a scope and crosshair when unscoped
  • betaOOOObetaOOOO Beginner
    very good!
Sign In or Register to comment.