Things that need to be said and heard - Part 6

Comments

• I really like your post Kris and I agree with it.
    Although, who said those shiny guns cannot be used in competitive gameplay? [; Look at the latest CF tournaments hosted by WCG. They use whatever they want, at least it seems like it - (I don't know the specific rules) yet... they made it further than any of our CF EN teams will in the next few years, and they still outplay nearly all the teams @ WEM, following the WEM rules.
    As much as I agree with banning guns like Scar Light or M12s, I don't see the reason to ban varieties of GP guns, such as Golden AK47, or M4-Crystal <;

[sorry for any spelling mistakes/grammar, I'm in rush]
  • Once again, that is their decision. You can only help people who want to be helped. On top of that, you can only improve if you want to improve. You have to work at it. Sure, some people naturally can pick up a game and simply be "good". Others actually have to practice to be good.

Furthermore, it's still a public setting. It's meant for casual gaming and fun, not a measure of skill and might. Lol. Sure, you CAN improve in a public game, but you only gain competitive experience through just that, competition. That's what it is there for. But a public setting is not geared for the balance, strictness, and level of skill that competition should be at. Two totally different animals.
  • if the entire player community really didn't like it, then this game wouldn't still be around. Understand?

yes, but
    xtrapfever wrote:
    i think more people would be happy with balanced weapon set than a mixed OP/useless set.
    a more balanced set is not what is going to sell to the average mentality of 12-16 year olds on a Free-to-play game. Know what I mean?

Yes, but i think the majority of people that play Crossfire aren't here for the OP weapons, they are here because mom's stone age PC can't handle anything else.
  • The point I'm trying to make is that yes we all know the gun is OP, but EVERYONE has the opportunity to buy one. You yourself have one, you just choose not to use it.
  • uCheat wrote: »
    When i was a new user, i didn't take a m12s / S.L / tommy etc. and now i feel comfortable with most weapon. A friend of mine took a m12s, and now, he can barely do good with something else.

And I have a friend who bought an M12S at level one, played with it until he could get a SCAR L, and can now do just as well with an AK. Gun handling in CF doesn't vary enough to make this happen. Once you know how to play the game, it's pretty easy to slightly adjust your aim to compensate for a different spray pattern or recoil. If you're bad at the game, you're bad at the game regardless of what gun you have. The gun doesn't aim for you. It doesn't tell you where to look or walk. A noob with an M12S is still a noob. Sure, they may pick up a handful more kills than the noob using the MP5, but they're still not particularly skilled, and an experienced player should have no problem beating them.
  • Once again, that is their decision. You can only help people who want to be helped. On top of that, you can only improve if you want to improve. You have to work at it. Sure, some people naturally can pick up a game and simply be "good". Others actually have to practice to be good.

Furthermore, it's still a public setting. It's meant for casual gaming and fun, not a measure of skill and might. Lol. Sure, you CAN improve in a public game, but you only gain competitive experience through just that, competition. That's what it is there for. But a public setting is not geared for the balance, strictness, and level of skill that competition should be at. Two totally different animals.

Exactly, you should expect NOOBS with m12s and most hackers to be in a pub. If you dislike this then you can always make a private room with friends and set some rules (similar to forumers rooms)
  • And I have a friend who bought an M12S at level one, played with it until he could get a SCAR L, and can now do just as well with an AK. Gun handling in CF doesn't vary enough to make this happen. Once you know how to play the game, it's pretty easy to slightly adjust your aim to compensate for a different spray pattern or recoil. If you're bad at the game, you're bad at the game regardless of what gun you have. The gun doesn't aim for you. It doesn't tell you where to look or walk. A noob with an M12S is still a noob. Sure, they may pick up a handful more kills than the noob using the MP5, but they're still not particularly skilled, and an experienced player should have no problem beating them.

Very well put. The player makes the shot, not the gun. If you are bad, you are bad. You should be able to adjust to the slight variations in weapon recoil and spray pattern, if you call yourself an experienced player.
  • Neof1tzx* wrote: »
    And Polleus strikes again.
    This is probably the best thread I've ever read that actually touches on "real subjects" about the competitive scene... And yes I agree with all said on it.

+1 i still liked the one with screenshots of neowiz that he posted like last year
  • One thing you got wrong on this subject which I noticed immediately is that it's NOT the competitive players complaining about people using whatever they want in pubs. Most actual "competitive" players will RARELY play pubs, and realize that people are free to use whatever they want in pubs.

The real people who complain about these "noob guns" are those who think they are competitive - the ones who play pubs in echo 8 and think that players have to follow rules to play there. There are no rules for any pub, regardless of server or who is playing.

Most of the intelligent people realize that people are free to use whatever gun they choose in any public game. After all, they did pay for it. It's only the people who really aren't competitive who complain in pubs.

In addition, I just want to say that the SPOP being thinner is a legitimate reason to have it banned from leagues. It is much harder to kill than a regular character for most people, and anyone who says its the same or even easier is either extremely stupid or not telling the truth.
  • I just say that SmileGate gives a WOGL server where all WOGL rules are obeyed by if not you cant join a game. Then, no one can complain.
  • Good competitive players could care less even when they pub, they will knock off any armored, spop, m12 off their high horse any day.
  • Polleus makes a valid point. OP guns etc. are here to stay, whether we like it or not.

You will find that many "pro" who do not follow the set rules in which the competitive community wants.

Armour is a classic example, ak-scope is another. I think that the main problem here is that poeple dont like being killed, and as such they find excuses for it.

m12 OP? Yes and no. Play smart you can beat them.

I don't know if this is true, but maybe poeple think they are better then they are? So the problem is not getting killed by these guns, but more you couldn't kill them, and that they are a lower rank.

I feel that this is the core of the problem.
  • Now that I've played Project Blackout for a while (a true pay-to-win game, including stronger cash characters and mega-OP guns available for cash), I have few complaints about SL and M12s users. I've never had any complaints about SPOP and STAR users to begin with. My only real complaint relating to your comments would be on the competitive community's rejection of new/inexperienced players. I'd LOVE to get into the competitive scene, but 1: I'm not that good at CF to begin with, and 2: I doubt anyone would take the time to show me around and get me truly acquainted with the competitive community.
  • I agree with this post +1

If I pay for a product...I will use it...and should not be told not to..

If it's in the game it's ment to be used.

If someone request a match with wogl rules we can choose to play or not to play...

It's a free game people...

Mega's Angel
  • I want someone to give me a real and honest answer as to specifically why the SPOP is

becos thy kids and what do you expect from them
  • The part you missed the most is why so many people are closed minded is because they are kids or 18 and below. every kid or teen have it in there mind they are the best no one can beat them it's just a fact thats why if you kill them most the times your going to get raged. they will call you a noob for useing a gun they don't like hell even if it's a Uzi, Hack being the biggest big time in ghost mode from playing it so much. and the kick voteing if your too good they will try to kick you if your not so good they will try to kick you. why
    because they are >Kids or Immature Teens< Reason i didn't add Immature on kids is because they kids and kids will be kids Teens should start knowing better but thats just how it is and always will be.

Thank you
    P.s. I'm 25 before you start the rage on my age.
  • The player makes the shot, not the gun.

Agreed. If you're used to a standard rifle or SMG (e.g. AK-47, M4A1, MP5), then you've probably noticed that it's actually somewhat tough to just pick up a SL or M12s and own.
    PTChiolas wrote: »
    Kriss

If you were around for the pre-nerfed Kriss, you wouldn't complain about its current stats.
  • +1+1+1+1+1
    Polleus is one of the more "resonable" mods per say and this is exactly why. He undestands both sides of the community and he knows how to deal with them. <3 Polleus. Good work and I want Part 7 our soon. lol :D
  • BlackChar2 wrote: »
    a sugestion...make spop fat :D XD

I know right? this is North America CF, not Europe CF. Spop can go be skinny somewhere else.
  • lemondag wrote: »
    One thing you got wrong on this subject which I noticed immediately is that it's NOT the competitive players complaining about people using whatever they want in pubs. Most actual "competitive" players will RARELY play pubs, and realize that people are free to use whatever they want in pubs.

The real people who complain about these "noob guns" are those who think they are competitive - the ones who play pubs in echo 8 and think that players have to follow rules to play there. There are no rules for any pub, regardless of server or who is playing.

Most of the intelligent people realize that people are free to use whatever gun they choose in any public game. After all, they did pay for it. It's only the people who really aren't competitive who complain in pubs.

In addition, I just want to say that the SPOP being thinner is a legitimate reason to have it banned from leagues. It is much harder to kill than a regular character for most people, and anyone who says its the same or even easier is either extremely stupid or not telling the truth.

Agree and disagree. A competitive or skilled player can handle any situation. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TOO! Yes, people have payed to get certain gun in the gams and nobody has the right to restrict them in public matches. Leagues on the other hand do it for a more competitive atmosphere and just to make things easier both for the players and the league itself. A SPOP is like any other character and if you can't hit it, you can't aim.

This is how I see it. People use SPOP and other Weapons as an excuse for why they did bad. To avoid people criticizing how their game play is, they take it out on the person who killed them by saying how bad they are cuz they used so and so. BUT IN REALITY, you got killed and your dead. He is still alive and not dead. You didn't do as good as him that round.
    Just respond with Nice Shot or Nice. Not "WOW KID YOUR BAD!" Or don't even say anything at all if your just going to complain. A waste of others time and yours.
  • And I have a friend who bought an M12S at level one, played with it until he could get a SCAR L, and can now do just as well with an AK. Gun handling in CF doesn't vary enough to make this happen. Once you know how to play the game, it's pretty easy to slightly adjust your aim to compensate for a different spray pattern or recoil. If you're bad at the game, you're bad at the game regardless of what gun you have. The gun doesn't aim for you. It doesn't tell you where to look or walk. A noob with an M12S is still a noob. Sure, they may pick up a handful more kills than the noob using the MP5, but they're still not particularly skilled, and an experienced player should have no problem beating them.

I didn't see this at first but I said what he said.
  • Hmmm, I agree with the point that most actual competitive players don't actually cry about that. Personally, I don't mind if someone uses a SL, I don't think its too op - think back a year, ESL allowed scar light and it was annoying, but not the end of the world. Once the m12 was brought it...... things got ridiculous. I think that a good m4/ak user will beat a SL any day, but its the people that aren't up to standard that will cry about that simple excuse. For my own example, it was actually in my debut for DeluXe in ESL [was against us3r actually... ^^]. Anyway, it was sub base and shhnoobie and I were playing B around the big box area. A couple on the opposing team started crying about shhnoobie using SL when we started taking major rounds when there was no need. It wasn't as if he was spraying long range and crap, just taking the chokepoint. He'd probably have done better if he was ak'ing instead. But people will complain about anything. Another example is a guy that used to be on Wogl Staff. I was pubbing away, and him on his alt and a group of germans/dutch/belgians clanmates from a pub clan were with him. Anyway, I got a frag with my ak and picked up a SL dropped, at A long. I went around barricades and just held down left click and picked up a 4k spraydown medium range without lifting. Then this member of staff wants me kicked because I did that? Ironically, his buddies were all using sl's and spop's and they were calling me a scrub and crap.

I can't see the point of using OP things though, since once you play a league you'll be useless. It does annoy me though when im in a room with some mates vs tons of armor and spop's. I would really like to see a filtered server maybe with Wogl Rules? Or even just a handful of channels in e-8, uk3-8, west-8 and south-8. Aswell as giving the ''competitive'' players somewhere to play with fairer guns, it would make matches a lot easier to play since there would be no sprays etc allowed in these channels, thus no crying about armor, sprays etc since the server would be filtered against them.
  • RuSTalt wrote: »
    . I would really like to see a filtered server maybe with Wogl Rules? Or even just a handful of channels in e-8, uk3-8, west-8 and south-8.

I'm not sure if this is possible but maybe, where u select sniper/pistol/knife only they could add tournament.

Could this work? Just a spur of the moment thought, havnt giving it much thought.
  • St4yd0WN1 wrote: »
    I just say that SmileGate gives a WOGL server where all WOGL rules are obeyed by if not you cant join a game. Then, no one can complain.

will never hapend the Devs dont care about our version of CF so many problems they know about but still they release useless cra.p 2 years from now this game will be like warock filled with forineigers every where and not even getting patched. while the other version gets pretty much what they want
  • You have to remember our version is WAY behind the other versions. Each version has their own separate licensee and thus we may not be on the same schedule as other versions. We will probably EVENTUALLY get their updates/content, but it's not necessarily on the same time table. That's just simple business. All of the Crossfire versions do not update at the same time, they were all released at different times.
  • You have to remember our version is WAY behind the other versions. Each version has their own separate licensee and thus we may not be on the same schedule as other versions. We will probably EVENTUALLY get their updates/content, but it's not necessarily on the same time table. That's just simple business. All of the Crossfire versions do not update at the same time, they were all released at different times.

China gets like 2 patches a month some times both with content -_-
    u know theres a robot in Cf vn they suggested it in the forums and they got it just amazing
    i really wanna visit g4 some day Bslap those Devs
  • Twitchyy wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is possible but maybe, where u select sniper/pistol/knife only they could add tournament.

Could this work? Just a spur of the moment thought, havnt giving it much thought.
    This would be amazing if it wasn't for the fact that every tournament/league in CF has different rulesets.
  • IAmNip wrote: »
    China gets like 2 patches a month some times both with content -_-
    u know theres a robot in Cf vn they suggested it in the forums and they got it just amazing
    i really wanna visit g4 some day Bslap those Devs

Robots.. err really?

I understand your point though. Yes, I admit, there's plenty of good suggestions on these forums that should have been rejected by the developers.