Things that need to be said and heard - Part 6

I believe it's long overdue that I have written one of these up. I think the Community needs a little discussion and controversy for the day :) I'm going to touch on a sensitive subject, so let's keep the discussion clean and non-offensive. I CAN and WILL remove or infract anyone for taking the subject off-topic and/or deliberately starting a flame war/insulting users for their comments.

How does G4Box make money from CF?
  • I feel it's finally time to speak my mind on what I think about this community and its obsession with using only a specific set of weapons, deeming all others "noob weapons" or "noob characters" or "noob items".
  • CrossFire is what kind of game? FREE TO PLAY. There is not any other way to cut this cake. It's free to play. You are not obligated to pay ANYTHING to play this game. With that said, how do you think G4Box makes a profit from this game? In-game characters, weapons, items, and a lot of shiny, colorful things that people will want to buy. They do not make money from people buying this game to play, they make money from providing in-game items that people will want to buy and play with on a daily basis.
  • That INCLUDES any and all property within the game: GP weapons and items (People DO purchase ZP to acquire more GP), ZP weapons and items, Crate weapons and items (Purchasing ZP to spin crates), etc. Yes, that includes the Scar Light, the M12, and the SPOP/STARS characters. Sorry folks, but that's the reality. This game IS a business in the end and they have to make money. That's life, that's truth. Those items sell.
You're a "noob" if you use certain weapons/items
  • This really gets on my nerves. YES, I understand that the Scar Light and M12 specifically need stat adjustments. The Scar Light is INCREDIBLY easy to use, as is the M12. The SPOP has a smaller figure (but same hitbox), which gives an "illusion" of having a smaller hitbox. I know this.
  • However, in a public game setting, WHY should I have to conform to a specific set of standards? As a customer of this game, I have paid for a product. Whether that means I have bought ZP to acquire GP, or bought a ZP character/item, I paid for it. I'm going to use it if I please. This isn't a League match or League setting, why do I have to be forced or ridiculed for using a specific weapon?
  • I find it EXTREMELY ridiculous that this community has pretty much taken on the idea that only competitive rules make sense. Do I agree that some of the ZP characters/GP weapons need to be adjusted in some way? Of course. But that doesn't change the fact that PUBLIC games are PUBLIC. They are not competitive league matches, they are not tournaments, they have absolutely NOTHING to do with the word competitive at all.

To the competitive players:
  • I understand your frustration. You want a more competitive atmosphere and a better competitive experience. I get it, believe me. However, you can not force a free-to-play community to conform to a set of standards that pretty much says "our way or the highway". If you want a competitive match, set it up. There are PLENTY of channels to set up your own game with your own specific rules. Go do it.
  • Again, I stress this is a FREE game. No one forces you to pay to play this game. G4Box is a business. SmileGate is a business. Neowiz is a business. Baseline fact is they are out to make money. That's what businesses do. In this free-to-play setting, they have to use other means to make that money. The items you guys ridicule and want gone from this game are what keep this game alive. You NEED to open up that tunnel vision a little and look at the larger picture.
  • I want someone to give me a real and honest answer as to specifically why the SPOP is such a "Noob" character. Now before you answer, keep this in the context of a PUBLIC game, not a competitive match. Sure, it has a smaller frame (SAME hitbox), I know that already. That's not a real reason. I want a real, legitimate reason why I need an excuse to use a character I paid for to use in a public game. Where in the rules says I can't? It has no more HP than a regular character. It has no armor (unless you buy it). So what is the REAL reason?

In closing: (TL;DR)
  • I did not write this thread to support people who use these in-game weapons and items. I wrote it to ask the community to LOGICALLY think about the reasoning behind the madness of this situation. These in-game items keep the game profitable and alive for the community. I should not be ridiculed for using an item that I paid for in a public game. It's public! If you want an atmosphere without all of that, go make a room and set it up yourself. Get over the fact that some of the weapons and items are silly and realize that is what keeps this game going.
  • The community needs to realize that this game ISN'T Call of Duty or Counter Strike. The comparisons really need to stop. Cross Fire is free to play, with an ENTIRELY different user base. This game is not specifically geared for competitive play and as such items that go in are tailored for the majority of the players, which are casual. Casual gamers pay the meal ticket and that's never going to change, not with this game. Sorry guys.

End rant. Discuss. Don't flame. Don't insult. Keep it civil, or I will act accordingly.

Comments

• And Polleus strikes again.
    This is probably the best thread I've ever read that actually touches on "real subjects" about the competitive scene... And yes I agree with all said on it.
  • If Z8' did adjustments on those ''noob'' gun there would be no problem to begin with.

As for the spop / star, who try to shoot where there's nothing ? You don't aim for ''invisible'' hit box right ? Well, it's not like i'm against spop in a pub, i use it too from time to time. As for the star, why would an airplane hostess be in a FPS game ?

@edit Us3r
    [MOD]Us3r wrote: »
    Realize that there is the competitive scene and the scene where people only want to have some fun, that don't give a thing about overpowered items.

People who play against those weapon give a thing about overpowered items.
  • Although I think that a man using a woman character in an online game isn't... errr... "correct", any company has to make money from somewhere. Otherwise it wouldn't be a company but charity.

We know that some weapons need a nerf. Right, I also agree, but insulting people who use them will not make you look better nor will make those weapons competitively more appropriate. Realize that there is the competitive scene and the scene where people only want to have some fun, that don't give a thing about overpowered items.
  • Neof1tzx* wrote: »
    And Polleus strikes again.
    This is probably the best thread I've ever read that actually touches on "real subjects" about the competitive scene... And yes I agree with all said on it.

heheheh really funny :p
  • uCheat wrote: »
    @edit Us3r

And what are we tring to discuss here? The reason why those items are considered "noobs". Are they overpowered? Yes. Could they get a nerf? Yes. Will they get it soon? Who knows. Insulting players who use them will make the nerfing process quicker? No.

Those cases are reported. But it's up to who made the game to correct the stats.
    @edit Us3r

Why? It's a public game. Public games are for using what the game has to offer. That includes EVERYTHING. There is no rule that says I can't use a Scar Light in a public match. The player makes the shot, not the gun.
  • I understand your frustration. You want a more competitive atmosphere and a better competitive experience. I get it, believe me. However, you can not force a free-to-play community to conform to a set of standards that pretty much says "our way or the highway". If you want a competitive match, set it up. There are PLENTY of channels to set up your own game with your own specific rules. Go do it.

u mean like E8 then the foreigners flooded it ?
  • Why? It's a public game. If you don't like what the game has to offer, you don't have to play it do you? Public games are for using what the game has to offer. That includes EVERYTHING. There is no rule that says I can't use a Scar Light in a public match. The player makes the shot, not the gun.

I think this is the attitude everyone needs. It's not the gun that makes the player it's their own skill level. You can be a SPOP with armor and scar light and still fail if you lack the ability to aim. Guns don't kill people, People who can aim kill people. :D
  • You could basically shorten that whole argument to this.

If you pay, you have more fun.

To all those who disagree, man up and support your game by depositing.
    Then you'll also have the chance to use all the ''noob'' guns/chars/items and things won't seem quite so unfair anymore.
  • IAmNip wrote: »
    u mean like E8 then the foreigners flooded it ?

Unique passwords are seriously hard to use = / Also, this isn't about race or nationality so don't even bring that argument in. Public games are public, for EVERYONE to use ANYTHING they want. That's what public is. If you don't like it, make better passwords. Like it or not, the competitive community is NOT the majority of the player base. The casual gamers create the money that runs this game. It's always going to be that way. You either have to deal with that, make adjustments, or move on.
  • Why? It's a public game. Public games are for using what the game has to offer. That includes EVERYTHING. There is no rule that says I can't use a Scar Light in a public match. The player makes the shot, not the gun.

Play with a scar light ( or a m12s ) for a month, than take ... an AK47 for example, your performance will be worst than before. The gun help ( a lot ). And there's no rules about not QQing whenever someone use an overpowered gun.
    [MOD]Us3r wrote: »
    And what are we tring to discuss here? The reason why those items are considered "noobs". Are they overpowered? Yes. Could they get a nerf? Yes. Will they get it soon? Who knows. Insulting players who use them will make the nerfing process quicker? No.

If they get a '' Noob S.L '', '' Noob m12s '', '' Kick m12s user, F11 '' etc. They might, one day, understand that those gun aren't liked and that if maybe, they used another gun, they would be loved by the community ?
  • If you pay, you have more fun.
    Sure you do. You pay and suddenly notice the game full of cheats.
    If they get a '' Noob S.L '', '' Noob m12s '', '' Kick m12s user, F11 '' etc. They might, one day, understand that those gun aren't liked and that if maybe, they used another gun, they would be loved by the community ?

WHY aren't they accepted? Because they are easy to use? Because they aren't accepted in competitive play? Give me a LEGITIMATE reason.

The M4 is easy to use. Should it be ridiculed too?
  • Polleus I think the SPOP and star were added to attract attention to more male players. Lets face it, most gamers are stereotyped as virgins and nerds so if a hot girl char was added why not buy it?
    I think Ppl don't like it in pubs because they don't have it and they whine about u having it. There was a guy that complained about my m12s so I took it off. Next round he pulled his out and said stop complaining
  • ugh... i agree with what's in the thread...

but i don't think it should of been said.. this is going to encourage people to use op weapons :\

"what's wrong with that", you ask? nothing.. but i really don't want to face these people... and i think more people would be happy with balanced weapon set than a mixed OP/useless set.
  • Also they classify it as a zp noob item. I have no problem with star or SPOP, but most Ppl that don't buy zp feel it as an unfair advantage so they complain. If everyone had a SPOP in their inventory, then Boone would complain because those people would use it too
  • xtrapfever wrote: »
    and i think more people would be happy with balanced weapon set than a mixed OP/useless set.

This mentality, I DO agree with personally. However, the point I was making is that the majority of the ACTUAL community of Cross Fire in reality probably doesn't care. This "forum" community, I completely agree the majority probably want a more balanced rule set. But in retrospect, if the entire player community really didn't like it, then this game wouldn't still be around. Understand?

I'm not trying to encourage anything. I am trying to open the eyes of the close-minded who ridicule people for using weapons/items in a public setting. It's not necessary. Would I rather a more balanced set? Certainly. But a more balanced set is not what is going to sell to the average mentality of 12-16 year olds on a Free-to-play game. Know what I mean?
  • WHY aren't they accepted? Because they are easy to use? Because they aren't accepted in competitive play? Give me a LEGITIMATE reason.

The M4 is easy to use. Should it be ridiculed too?

You already know why they aren't accepted. They're easier to use, and unbalanced. A new player who just started will do better with a M12S than a new player with a M4 ( or any other gun ).
  • Talking about overpowered guns. I never seen someone complain about the deagle.
    You already know why they aren't accepted. They're easier to use, and unbalanced. A new player who just started will do better with a M12S than a new player with a M4 ( or any other gun ).

So? Not everyone is on the same skill level. Again, in a public setting, if I can use a gun easier than another, why does it matter?

I agree with polleus when he says he doesn't understand.
    Let's face it, people are hypocrites. The same people that whine about m12s would use it in a heartbeat if they had the money or someone dropped it for them. Yes it is a cheap gun, but EVERYONE has the opportunity to buy one. It's not a zp only gun or an exclusive gun like tiger m4
  • So? Not everyone is on the same skill level. Again, in a public setting, if I can use a gun easier than another, why does it matter?

Because the other person doesn't have the easier gun to use and like a baby does they want what they don't have.
  • So? Not everyone is on the same skill level. Again, in a public setting, if I can use a gun easier than another, why does it matter?

You can, but that make you a noob ( Since you have a low level skill and use an overpowered gun ), if you do so, you don't have the right to QQ when you get called a noob.
    sCovert wrote: »
    Because the other person doesn't have the easier gun to use and like a baby does they want what they don't have.

I got a m12s and a Scar light in my inventory, i still QQ about them, yes i did use them at least one time, it doesn't change the fact that they're overpowered and that you don't need any skills at all to use them.
    You can, but that make you a noob ( Since you have a low level skill and use an overpowered gun ), if you do so, you don't have the right to QQ when you get called a noob.

I got a m12s and a Scar light in my inventory, i still QQ about them, yes i did use them at least one time, it doesn't change the fact that they're overpowered and that you don't need any skills at all to use them.

So a new user is immediately deemed a "noob" because he/she uses a weapon they are comfortable with until they learn the skills better? Kind of closed-minded don't you think? Instead of calling them a noob, why not point them in a direction that will benefit them to use another weapon? Again, not everyone has the same skill level in a game and just because they aren't that good at it, does not give you the right to ridicule them for the weapons they use.

Well why don't you pull out your m12 instead of calling others noob? Yes i know the gun is OP, but when you first got the game you were at that level too and you would've probably used m12
  • So a new user is immediately deemed a "noob" because he/she uses a weapon they are comfortable with until they learn the skills better? Kind of closed-minded don't you think? Instead of calling them a noob, why not point them in a direction that will benefit them to use another weapon? Again, not everyone has the same skill level in a game and just because they aren't that good at it, does not give you the right to ridicule them for the weapons they use.

Most of them don't even speak English. And even if you tell them to use another weapon, they won't do it since they feel like other gun are harder to use, since they used an easy gun to begin with.

When i was a new user, i didn't take a m12s / S.L / tommy etc. and now i feel comfortable with most weapon. A friend of mine took a m12s, and now, he can barely do good with something else.
    sCovert wrote: »
    Well why don't you pull out your m12 instead of calling others noob? Yes i know the gun is OP, but when you first got the game you were at that level too and you would've probably used m12

I used a m16 until i could buy GP crates gun, i won an AK camo and a Beretta and i used them until i could buy ZP and get a ZP gun.

I bought a m12s and a S.L after, since i wanted to try them out, to know if they were OP or not, never really used them after that. I mainly used the Beretta and the M4-c in the 6 months i played CF.