My Crossfire Won't Open, Please HELP!

Hi all, i can't play Crossfire anymore and im very disapointed.

Heres my problem:
When the halloween patch came out, i patched it up, and suddenly, it closed itself. I re-opened it and it was giving me this:

I open the Cf icon, HGWC loads up, then nothing comes. The X-trap icon is not even in my toolbar.

Heres what i tried, because i went trough alot of CF problems, and i repaired them all, but this one, seems to be the worst one.

I tried:
-Run as Admin.
-Run G4_BOX directly from the CF folder. Run it as Admin.
-Run CF application directly from the CF foler. Run it as Admin.
-Uninstall Crossfire.
-Re-install Crossfire.
-Re-install Crossfire in a new folder.
-Disable my UPNP in my router.
-Re-download Crossfire in a new mirror.
-Run the installation as Admin.
-Uninstall IE8, but its not wanting to uninstall. I uninstalled it by CMD because when i was going in control panel and add or remove programs i was seeing IE8 but the Remove option was not there, so i uninstalled it by CMD. IT worked, CF was opening, but i was having this error: Download Ingame_02.htm , Download Index.htm
I was downloading them, and then it was coming back to the same point, asking back to re-download it. It was never working. I reinstalled IE8, and then that problem was solved, but the first problem came again, nothing opening.

-I tried deleting X-Trap folder, re-opening the CF.
-I tried deleting Version.ini, re-opening the CF.
-I Updated my DirectX
-I updated my Graphic Cards Drivers.
-I tried waiting. I went to watch the Hockey Game of 3 hours. I waited 3 Hours and nothing came out.

Desesperately, i went to my mom and I QQED LIKE CRAZY! and neither that worked :'( !

Seriously Help me someone.

Comments

• ENGLISH>>>>
    Guys, this question will issue ROGER I teno this same problem and wanted the staff fórun help us fix this problem, I've even downloaded the crossfire again but this "error" continues ..
    The error is as follows, to start "START GAME" the game window closes and after that does not happen any more, do not know what happened to it on my pc or the game itself will help me then dammit do not know what to do, I am desperate if not help me I will be forced to stop playing the game a CROSSFIRE I love to play, please help us ...

ATT: Joel or Posytive

Thanks!

PORTUGUÊS>>>>
    Pessoal, á questão essa questão do ROGER eu teno esse mesmo problema e queria que o pessoal do fórun nos ajudasse a arrumar esse problema, eu até ja baixei o crossfire de novo mas esse "erro" continua..
    O erro é o seguinte, ao iniciar "START GAME" o jogo fecha a janela e depois disso não acontece mais nada, não sei o que houve se é no meu pc ou no próprio jogo me ajudem aí caramba não sei o que fazer, estou desesperado se não me ajudarem vou ser obrigado a para de jogar o CROSSFIRE um jogo que eu adoro jogar, por favor nos ajudem...

ATT: Joel ou Posytive

Obrigado!
  • ENGLISH>>>>
    Guys, this question will issue ROGER I have this same problem and wanted the staff fórun help us fix this problem, I've even downloaded the crossfire again but this "error" continues ..
    The error is as follows, to start "START GAME" the game window closes and after that does not happen any more, do not know what happened to it on my pc or the game itself will help me then dammit do not know what to do, I am desperate if not help me I will be forced to stop playing the game a CROSSFIRE I love to play, please help us ...

ATT: Joel or Posytive

Thanks!

PORTUGUÊS>>>>
    Pessoal, á questão essa questão do ROGER eu tenho esse mesmo problema e queria que o pessoal do fórun nos ajudasse a arrumar esse problema, eu até já baixei o crossfire de novo mas esse "erro" continua..
    O erro é o seguinte, ao iniciar "START GAME" o jogo fecha a janela e depois disso não acontece mais nada, não sei o que houve se é no meu pc ou no próprio jogo me ajudem aí caramba não sei o que fazer, estou desesperado se não me ajudarem vou ser obrigado a para de jogar o CROSSFIRE um jogo que eu adoro jogar, por favor nos ajudem...

ATT: Joel ou Posytive

Obrigado!
  • comeon we are 3 persons already with that problem, and my cousin got it too. So 4. And we're not counting people that dont know how to post here for help having that problem. PLease Z8 help us we need help comeon
  • From the looks of it, I think my friend has the same problem.
    He hasn't been able to play since the Halloween patch, x-trap and the HGWC load up fine, but then Crossfire doesn't show up (how he explained it to me)

I would like to play again with my friend, can someone give a possible solution? Before patch it worked he could play but now he can't. Maybe he'll be able to play when Halloween patch is gone...
  • there is 4 ways to fix this, system restore might work, Reinstall windows would work, upgrade to windows 7 or vista, or get a new computer. hope this helps :-d
  • Browse to your CrossFire directory and right click on CrossFire.exe and press Properties, go to the compatibility tab on the dialog that pops up, click Run in compatibility mode for: Windows XP Service Pack 2 (or SP2)

If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what can.
  • GulVlmY wrote: »
    Browse to your CrossFire directory and right click on CrossFire.exe and press Properties, go to the compatibility tab on the dialog that pops up, click Run in compatibility mode for: Windows XP Service Pack 2 (or SP2)

If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what can.

I tried this, when i come to the compatibility tab on the dialog, i click run, and i just see Windows 95
    Windows 98
    Windows 2000
    Windows NT

What should i do ? Or does anybody else have gotten idea :( ?
  • cannot access into the game

cannot access into the game

it loads and it was time to open the login page it does not open
    and now what I do
  • cannot access into the game

it loads and it was time to open the login page it does not open
    and now what I do

same problem here :( whats the deal? O.o
  • game wont start

so i start the game and it says that it detected a client file corruption? what i do
  • The access to X-Trap patch server is unstable or X-Trap update wasn't able to run p

The access to X-Trap patch server is unstable or X-Trap update wasn't able to run proberly. Please, restart game.

Hello forum. As soon as I want my game to start and when it is checking the X-Trap comes this announcement. Would any of you can possibly know what to do against the problem?
  • The game won't update.

I open the game.
    Click start.
    Then it gets to the patcher and it won't do anything.
    It's stuck at verifying ..What's going on
  • Errors AGAIN

So i have reinstalled and downloaded crossfire countless of times (at least 20 times)
    since like 5 version back since after each new patch (exept halloween) i got some error.
    This time i got file changed 2007 something, why do your patches always come with alot of errors?
    i have already downloaded the game again and installed again 3 times, the game is ok but these countless errors and the time i put in trying to fix it is too much.
  • patch won't go further

hello.
    I have just downloaded crossfire, and im trying to patch it.
    but the patch is stuck the whole time...
    I already tried several times to cancel it and retry it, but is doesn't work..
    is there a manual patch to download??

thanks
  • Hack tool detected

I know they ALL say they don't hack. I truly don't (never have NEVER will).
    Why do I keep getting this message and getting kicked off the servers.
    I reinstall the game on a regular basis to clear it up but it always comes back.
    I am running XP pro 32 gigabyte board and an AMD 9950 quad processor.
    How can I fix this. I also tried Xp 64 with the same results. I regularly update my drivers from the manufacturers of my parts. PLEASE HELP ME, SOMEONE
  • Same fkn problem plz someonnee help i want to play cmon
  • I've merged all these threads because they are all inevitably linked by the servers either going down last night to update. Or people who have tried to updated the game and failed somehow.

Try uninstalling the game and then going to our downloads page to get a new copy of the game files.

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=52579 this thread has a ton of information for how to properly uninstall and reinstall the game.

And the downloads page is here:

http://crossfire.z8games.com/downloads2.aspx
  • Sorry GM about the post but it's just that after every new patch i get some kind of error, even if i get it to work now, for christmas im expecting a new error.
  • I know how to solve load problem.

1.Start crossfire. (just click gamestart when it not works)
    after that nothing hapens
    2.start alot of programs at the same time
    3. click the power buton of your pc 1 time and it wil not shut down cuz too much programs running when it ask u realy wannna close the program u must click no then u can just click game start aggain and it works but u need to do this every time u start up your pc it looks it is much but it just take 2 minuts i come whit a video later if this not helped.
  • Hi all, i can't play Crossfire anymore and im very disapointed.

Heres my problem:
    When the halloween patch came out, i patched it up, and suddenly, it closed itself. I re-opened it and it was giving me this:

I open the Cf icon, HGWC loads up, then nothing comes. The X-trap icon is not even in my toolbar.

I have the same problem.. i tried re-install and install it again many times, and it doesn't work. I don't know what to do. As I see many of us have got the same problem. but how to fix it? :(
  • g0tAh1t wrote: »
    1.Start crossfire. (just click gamestart when it not works)
    after that nothing hapens
    2.start alot of programs at the same time
    3. click the power buton of your pc 1 time and it wil not shut down cuz too much programs running when it ask u realy wannna close the program u must click no then u can just click game start aggain and it works but u need to do this every time u start up your pc it looks it is much but it just take 2 minuts i come whit a video later if this not helped.

didnt worked, anybody else have another idea?
  • same problem

i have the same problem if i start the game it loads and after i get a white screen and it says: crossfire does not react
  • [QUOTE=[MOD]ShadowRo;n6943503]DO NOT DELETE FOLDER System32 located on C:\Windows\System32 !!!

Here is why : https://www.howtogeek.com/346997/wha...dnt-delete-it/
    [/QUOTE]

Please don't revive old threads, with you being a mod you should already know this.